Expat Survey Finds 74% Happy With Life in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

Only two and a half thousand members participted? That's less than 2% of the claimed membership. So, does that mean 98% of the members don't care? Or maybe many aren't active. Or simply no longer exist as members, but their accounts do? Sorry, but self-congratulation from such a small survey of what is effectively a captive audience doesn't cut it for me. I also never saw the survey, and I've been pretty active for several months, so let's run it again with a bit more fanfare, huh?

jup, many accounts are dormant/obsolete since one cannot DELETE account...

At the end of the survey they asked for any recommendations. I said: Set a limit for maximum posts per day.

In fairness, it was a topic in the General Forum ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/703972-thaivisa-member-survey-2014-win-2-nights-at-a-luxury-hotel/

But since it was locked, there were no updates, so nothing to keep it on the first page for all to see (hint).

Next time, lock it, but 'update' every so often so that it stays near the front of the General Forum (hint, hint)

I am the 7,000th viewer (is there a prize for that), so a fair wack of the active members must have viewed it.

So, when I opened it ... the first question was ... are you male or female. Being Thailand, I thought that was a limiting opening ... I didn't progress past the front page.

Make THE SURVEY again and let everybody from this forum vote freely and you 'll see the real results.!

i tried 3 times to vote but i never could give my opinion during the time the post was on line....... the post was lock !!! no acces to it !!!! as they controll everything, for sure they read that forum and take the one they liked better or did what they wanted.......funny nobody knows...!

it is a big fake.....bah.gif like some pseudo democracy..........!beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

good day and good night

coffee1.gif

Wow! Thank you very much Thai Visa! I will certainly enjoy 2 nights in bkk, much appreciated.

Check the fine print. The prize is 2 nights in the hotel. Doesn't say anything about a room.

But I hear the lobby is beautiful...with very comfy chairs.

Only two and a half thousand members participted? That's less than 2% of the claimed membership. So, does that mean 98% of the members don't care? Or maybe many aren't active. Or simply no longer exist as members, but their accounts do? Sorry, but self-congratulation from such a small survey of what is effectively a captive audience doesn't cut it for me. I also never saw the survey, and I've been pretty active for several months, so let's run it again with a bit more fanfare, huh?

A 20% sampling of a membership is considered a minimum level for most scientifically-based research polls for a group of this nature. 2% is pretty paltry.

You can basically discount the results as being too minuscule to have any validity whatsoever.

A 20% sampling of a membership is considered a minimum level for most scientifically-based research polls for a group of this nature. 2% is pretty paltry.

You can basically discount the results as being too minuscule to have any validity whatsoever.

If you wanted scientific, you'd also have to put a breathalyzer on everybody's keyboard to weed out drunken responses. But then you'd be down into fractions of a percent.

Still and all, an interesting read.

Edited by impulse

Wow! Thank you very much Thai Visa! I will certainly enjoy 2 nights in bkk, much appreciated.

Check the fine print. The prize is 2 nights in the hotel. Doesn't say anything about a room.

But I hear the lobby is beautiful...with very comfy chairs.

Haha! I'm sure I've slept in worse places than a 4 star hotel lobby :-)

• Like 2

Five-thirds of those surveyed were impaired at the time, and their answers should be ignored, this leaves us with only with the other five-five thirdssad.png

Edit due to impairment

Edited by sirineou

At the end of the survey they asked for any recommendations. I said: Set a limit for maximum posts per day.

In fairness, it was a topic in the General Forum ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/703972-thaivisa-member-survey-2014-win-2-nights-at-a-luxury-hotel/

But since it was locked, there were no updates, so nothing to keep it on the first page for all to see (hint).

Next time, lock it, but 'update' every so often so that it stays near the front of the General Forum (hint, hint)

I am the 7,000th viewer (is there a prize for that), so a fair wack of the active members must have viewed it.

So, when I opened it ... the first question was ... are you male or female. Being Thailand, I thought that was a limiting opening ... I didn't progress past the front page.

About 6000 of those views were after this thread was posted coffee1.gif