Expat Survey Finds 74% Happy With Life in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

Oops. The grammar police may differ with the following statement: "...The majority of respondents told us that they are an expat of 5 - 10 years (21.89%),"

It would be more accurate to say that, "The largest single group of respondents... etc." A majority would at least be 50% plus one. Ya, ya. Picky, picky. The point raised becomes clear when reading through the whole article, and most easily understood in the accompanying graph.

The word you're looking for is plurality. But I dare you to use that word here....

Edited by impulse

Oops. The grammar police may differ with the following statement: "...The majority of respondents told us that they are an expat of 5 - 10 years (21.89%),"

It would be more accurate to say that, "The largest single group of respondents... etc." A majority would at least be 50% plus one. Ya, ya. Picky, picky. The point raised becomes clear when reading through the whole article, and most easily understood in the accompanying graph.

Thanks. Agreed. Fixed

Self fulfilling prophecy wasn't it?

Ask a Barber, 'do I need a haircut' and inevitability the answer will be yes.

I hope I have discussed the Survey in this thread ... rolleyes.gif

Marketing research isn't really in-depth life story interviewing. laugh.png

It's all about the "feel-good factor". rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Only two and a half thousand members participted? That's less than 2% of the claimed membership. So, does that mean 98% of the members don't care? Or maybe many aren't active. Or simply no longer exist as members, but their accounts do? Sorry, but self-congratulation from such a small survey of what is effectively a captive audience doesn't cut it for me. I also never saw the survey, and I've been pretty active for several months, so let's run it again with a bit more fanfare, huh?

• Like 1

Only two and a half thousand members participted? That's less than 2% of the claimed membership. So, does that mean 98% of the members don't care? Or maybe many aren't active. Or simply no longer exist as members, but their accounts do? Sorry, but self-congratulation from such a small survey of what is effectively a captive audience doesn't cut it for me. I also never saw the survey, and I've been pretty active for several months, so let's run it again with a bit more fanfare, huh?

Or just dead....

Everyday I see it posted as a line item of the story or topics of the day. It's usually the first or second line item down from the top of the list.

I look into TV every day and I never saw this survey. Doubtless my fault?

I never saw it either.

I never saw the winning members.

Well, just quietly ... johan78 http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/66151-johan78/?tab=posts made 2 posts in the past 12 months ... interestingly both in the 'How to invest 7 million Baht' thread..

Frugal with his posting, smart with his money ... plus a touch of the Midas about him.

A lucky man indeed.

• Like 2

The Survey was sent out in a link in an email from TV if I recall correctly. I'm presuming that everyone has a current email address in their profile and has checked the "Send me news and information" box in the Notification section of their Profile Settings ? That adds to you the TV mailing list.

If you're not on the mailing list you probably didn't get the Survey email. (May want to check your junk folders too. I noticed that my Hotmail recently dumped huge loads of stuff I normally receive into my Junk Mail folder for some strange reason.)

The Survey was sent out in a link in an email from TV if I recall correctly. I'm presuming that everyone has a current email address in their profile and has checked the "Send me news and information" box in the Notification section of their Profile Settings ? That adds to you the TV mailing list.

If you're not on the mailing list you probably didn't get the Survey email. (May want to check your junk folders too. I noticed that my Hotmail recently dumped huge loads of stuff I normally receive into my Junk Mail folder for some strange reason.)

Ohhh, it was in an e-mail? Well <deleted>, they seem to send like 4 a day. Quit sending so many, and I may actually open an e-mail when you send it.