Three killed, 25 injured at concert explosion in Roi Et

Lite Beer

Three killed, 25 injured at concert explosion in Roi Et

Roi Et - A grenade was hurled at a group of teenagers at traditional I-saan concert in this northeastern province early Tuesday, fatally injuring three and severely injuring 25 others, police said.

The attack occurred at 3:30 am at a concert in a temple fair in Roi Et's Suvarnabhumi district.

Police believed that a rival gang lobbed the grenade at the teenagers who were dancing on the right side of the stage.

Police found that the bomb was an M67 grenade.

The injured were rushed to the Suvarnabhumi Hospital and Roi Et Hospital. Three of them died at the Roi Et Hospital. They were identified as Wiriwan Sibuala, 40, Sarawut Utla, 16, and Apisit Saengnet, 16.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-25

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sad.png This starts to feel like there are people who really wish to start a civil war. When these news are no longer breaking news, there are very few smiles left on this country. Reconstruction of trust in the country will take years or decades.

How can we start reminding the opponents all the good things they have done together. For example how Thais were helping each others during the tsunami.

Edit: Might be that this is "just" an gang war, but what the youngsters will learn what adults are doing to this country.

Edited by Guest

Starting to look like a sustained, country wide reaching attack. Surely there is just one that would benefit from such acts.

Seems more child victims are the order of the day for the monster behind this movement. bah.gif

• Like 2

3 die, Two 16 year olds and a 40 year old, from a rival gang ??? how many females ??? from rival gangs---doesn't sound right to me.

Police should have been there, they cannot stop a grenade being thrown but they can find it at the temple gate on entry. or no search maybe. no money in it.

I'm sorry but there is something lacking in this whole picture here in Thailand, The policing. navy guarding-army guarding private guards guarding,

my god if I had a chance I would shake this franchise up once and for all.

I know no one can just stop all this, BUT the lack of law enforcement and clean leadership is all too apparent.

Most of the best people are not in positions in government if they were we would see things run normal.

There are concerts tonight in UDON THANI, I am informing all I know to be careful and try to avoid mass crowds.

Imagine enjoying dancing with friends and a bloody grenade takes of your arm and leg. <deleted> Government bow out please. lets have some peace, So sad for friends and family, and Thailand.

• Like 1

While this does not seem to be directly connected to the political unrest in Thailand, it nevertheless indicates, to me at least, that the youth of the country are taking their cues from teir elders and the general descent into lawlessness and violence seen on an almost daily basis.

• Like 2

sad.png This starts to feel like there are people who really wish to start a civil war. When these news are no longer breaking news, there are very few smiles left on this country. Reconstruction of trust in the country will take years or decades.

How can we start reminding the opponents all the good things they have done together. For example how Thais were helping each others during the tsunami.

Edit: Might be that this is "just" an gang war, but what the youngsters will learn what adults are doing to this country.

You also must remember how many millions of dollars came up missing, and could not be accounted for. No arrest, rumored to have police involvement. You can be sure some politicians got their share also.

• Like 1

Begin of a guerilla war?

Why? Tragic and worrying but not political.

But we don't know if it wasn't political, maybe not rival gangs normally take knives and actually fight at these Lao Dancing gigs.

Roi Et what party is controlling there ???

More police at road blocks than at temple gates.

• Like 1

For those who may not know, alcohol fuelled inter-village conflicts are the "norm" at Esaan concerts. Sad to say that sometimes these turn into stabbings and shootings. I have travelled to many concerts with my wife who is a singer. At concerts the men are frisked but the girls bags are not searched, although many concerts are totally uncontrolled. I agree with a poster that the use of a grenade(which has featured so prominently in the news of late) is of great concern. I hear the company performing last nights concert will now ensure everyone is searched before entry. p.s. A farang going to a concert should stay at the rear of the crowd (never go near the stage) and disappear at the first sign of trouble.

• Like 1