U.K visit visa for wife ?

What is the score these days with timings on applying for a visitor visa ??

We plan to travel on 5th May this year, so how long in advance would she need to apply for a visa.

Just looking at a short 2-3 week stay.

The political disruption must be taking it's toll on these processes !!

Anyone with recent experience, any info would be much appreciated.

There seems to have been little, if any, disruption of the visa processing by the UKVI as a result of the current unrest in Bangkok.

My partner made an application last year and it took a couple of weeks, I've seen nothing to indicate that there has been a substantial increase in processing times of late, and the figures on the UK in Thailand website seem to support that. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/thailand/processing-times/?langname=UK English

If you are planning to travel in May, your wife could apply now and ask for the application to be post dated for up to 90 days, otherwise the visa would be valid from the date of issue, which would still give her plenty of time.

There are the Songkran holidays in April which will mean the office will be closed for a couple of days as it will be for the Easter holidays.

I personally would apply now, bird in the hand and all that, and you would beat the application fee increase scheduled for April.

There seems to have been little, if any, disruption of the visa processing by the UKVI as a result of the current unrest in Bangkok.

My partner made an application last year and it took a couple of weeks, I've seen nothing to indicate that there has been a substantial increase in processing times of late, and the figures on the UK in Thailand website seem to support that. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/thailand/processing-times/?langname=UK English

If you are planning to travel in May, your wife could apply now and ask for the application to be post dated for up to 90 days, otherwise the visa would be valid from the date of issue, which would still give her plenty of time.

There are the Songkran holidays in April which will mean the office will be closed for a couple of days as it will be for the Easter holidays.

I personally would apply now, bird in the hand and all that, and you would beat the application fee increase scheduled for April.

Thank you very much.. Just what I was after.

Regards

Regards

My wife applied this week and will take her documents in next Monday. I will report anything worth noting then.

The VFS website has changed a bit too, they are testing out a new improved (5555) system apparently. It bombed her out of the payment page without any confirmation or otherwise that the payment had been made and when making the appointment offered only 1 day next week and 1 time, which when selected said it was no longer available, and then an appointment confirmation appeared. This has a different reference number to the visa application which worried me a bit - sent VFS an email and they did reply that the different numbers were due to them now running two different systems.

Anyhow, the payment did go through (you have to pay online now, in US$ <deleted>) and we think we have an appointment for her....lets see.

Regards

My wife applied this week and will take her documents in next Monday. I will report anything worth noting then.

The VFS website has changed a bit too, they are testing out a new improved (5555) system apparently. It bombed her out of the payment page without any confirmation or otherwise that the payment had been made and when making the appointment offered only 1 day next week and 1 time, which when selected said it was no longer available, and then an appointment confirmation appeared. This has a different reference number to the visa application which worried me a bit - sent VFS an email and they did reply that the different numbers were due to them now running two different systems.

Anyhow, the payment did go through (you have to pay online now, in US$ <deleted>) and we think we have an appointment for her....lets see.

Yes please update me next week.. I will be home then and we can start the ball rolling...

Just out of interest, did you apply for just a regular visit visa or a family visit visa ?

There seem to be more supporting docs reqd for the basic visit visa. That is what we have had on the 3 previous visits but were not married then.

Thanks again guys

Yes please update me next week.. I will be home then and we can start the ball rolling...

Just out of interest, did you apply for just a regular visit visa or a family visit visa ?

There seem to be more supporting docs reqd for the basic visit visa. That is what we have had on the 3 previous visits but were not married then.

Thanks again guys

Will do. It's a family visit visa as that is what we are doing.

I'm not a UK citizen and my wife applied for a visitor's visa about ten days ago. It was a pretty straight forward process from what I saw on the website and was told by my wife who entered the offices to apply. They said it would take about 3 weeks for her to learn of their decision, so we should know something in about a week and a half.

Come on, you telling me no-one has applied for a U.K visa in the last couple months smile.png

What about the Mods, I know you guys are up to date on this stuff !!

Members do have lives outside the forum!

Maybe leave it a bit longer than 10 hours next time before complaining that no one has responded!

If you are unhappy with the service provided by those who voluntarily give their time to answer questions here, then you can collect a refund of all fees you have paid to TV on your way out.

Come on, you telling me no-one has applied for a U.K visa in the last couple months smile.png

Maybe leave it a bit longer than 10 hours next time before complaining that no one has responded!

If you are unhappy with the service provided by those who voluntarily give their time to answer questions here, then you can collect a refund of all fees you have paid to TV on your way out.

Ouch!

cornishcarlos, if your thinking of travelling in May, why leave it to the last minute, apply ASAP. The application might even get refused and then you'll have to reapply.

Submitted documents for a Family Visit visa on the 12th Feb, now awaiting return of passport.

Sent from my Spectrum ZX81

Ouch!

cornishcarlos, if your thinking of travelling in May, why leave it to the last minute, apply ASAP. The application might even get refused and then you'll have to reapply.

Submitted documents for a Family Visit visa on the 12th Feb, now awaiting return of passport.

Sent from my Spectrum ZX81

Thanks buddy. I will be applying as soon as I get back next week.

As for that post above :)

My post was tongue in cheek, hence the smilie face.

But thanks for your comments :)

Thanks again guys

Will do. It's a family visit visa as that is what we are doing.

Well, she took the BTS into Bangkok, went to Regents House at the allotted timer, and was out in 20 minutes. Only piece of paper she was missing was a copy of her passport picture page, quickly sorted out there. She got an sms to say the application was now at the embassy and now just waiting for them to send the passport back in 2-3 weeks. All seemed rather painless, better still that I didn't have to trail there with her.