Surapong to invite UN chief to be advisor

Lite Beer

They don't need the UN's advice.

I can give them the best advice.

GET OUT now before you drag down, Thailand, into destruction and civil war.

You forget the name, SUTHEP GET OUT before you drag down Thailand....... He started the destruction in November.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surapong and Chalerm sitting together - defenders of decency. Can Ki-moon be able to restrain his private thoughts about Thaksin, Surapong and Chalerm when he is here ? One has a feeling that a diplomat on the world stage is being consciously manipulated into saying something that might be construed in Pheu Thai's crazy way as fitting into Chalerm's narrative. That's the danger - that he is used as yet another pawn by the administration. If Ki-moon does come here, he ought to meet both sides. He ought to be made aware that there is actually a universe that extends beyond Thaksin, and another point of view. He ought to be made aware that Yingluck has been openly encouraged by the UDD to defy the independent agencies and the courts in a jaw-dropping attack on the judicial system. He ought to be made aware that an amnesty bill was rammed through by Pheu Thai that sought to pardon Thaksin and return huge monies to him, as well as pardoning over 25,000 convicted of corruption. He ought to be made aware that Yingluck is boycotting attending the NACC tomorrow, in a key impeachment proceeding. He ought to be made aware that Thaksin is directing the administration through skype, and ask himself if there is any parallel with that whatsoever in the world. He ought to know that the NACC may be physically impeded by the UDD tomorrow from their constitutional duty to investigate impeachment proceedings against Yingluck.

He may also want to sniff Chalerm's breath, and wonder if not a huge hunk of the crisis is due to that.

The United Nations Secretary General is not coming to Thailand to personally mediate nor does he or anyone outside of Thailand care about your bent and anti-democratic agenda.

I'd reiterate it would be most encouraging if former UNSG Kofi Annan would be appointed as the UNSG's conflict resolution mediator in Thailand. The first thing any conflict mediator would do is completely ignore everything you say in your nagging gf post.

Self appointed and self opinionated. You don't know what everyone outside of Thailand thinks about the current situation in Thailand, just what you think they should think.

Thankfully someone like you is not likely to be asked to help. Dismiss everyone who has a different viewpoint eh?

Agreed.

What he and Surapong conveniently forget is that Kofi Annan was asked to take part in PTP's useless 'reconciliation' conference last August and he wisely refused.

Tony Blair, Marti Ahtisaari & Priscilla Hayner did take part and offered a few suggestions which were completely ignored by the ruling dynasty.

As Surapong has failed to get the international condemnation of the protests that he wants, he is again clutching at straws. Any international figure that knows a bit about Thailand will take a look at the CMPO stooges, have a laugh and politely decline.

With a certain institution beyond public discussion, alteration or modification, a foreigner coming to Thailand to try to mediate anything is a fruitless errand. The Thais are stuck stewing in their own boiling juices and forever burned by same.

• Like 1

In response to the UN's suggestion that it assist in the mediation between the Democrats and Pheu Thai parties' conflicts, Suthep rejected that quickly out of hand. Tovichakchaikul's subsequent acceptance of the UN's offer to mediate the escalating political conflict in Thailand, regardless of whether mediation is led by current Secretary General Ban Ki-moon of South Korea, former Secretary General Kofi Annan of Kenya, or some accreditated NGO, was a great strategic manuever that takes advantage of biggest Suthep's political weakness - a fixation on overthrowing the government and replacement with his own People's Committee.

I know some will say, "Thais don't care what the outside world thinks about Thailand's political disruption." Not exactly true as Suthep bothered to write President Obama to explain his side of the "story." But there are more complex actions that might come into play.

The Government may have (I'm sure to become the subject of a Suthep lawsuit) the authority to ACCEPT a mediator to attempt mediation between the PTP and Democrat parties without asking for Suthep's concurrence. Should Suthep continue to refuse mediation, he will within the eyes of the international community become an instigator and not a victim, unlike the anti-protesters in the Ukraine. In the lack or failure of a martial law by the Thai military, the Government might further request (no doubt the subject of another Suthep lawsuit) UN military intervention over the continued deadlock that could foster a Bosnia-style mediation . I could see a lot of Western Countries and the UN itself being given a chance that they did not have as a pre-emptive mediation opportunity in the Ukraine. Such action would not bode well for Suthep.

Its not rocket-science, and there's no need to go asking the UN for the answers.

PTP have pushed their luck too far with passports-for-fugitives, flood failings, disastrous rice-pledging, House speakers caught on tape taking orders from overseas, failed tablet scheme and other issues which were swept hastily under the red rug such as giving out home-addresses of dissenting judges etc. The problems they are facing today are problems they created, they are reaping what they have sewn. So asking the UN to help fix those problems is ridiculous, its like asking the arresting officer to help you tidy up the house you just burgled.

When the old refuses to die, and the new is struggling to be born, monsters appear.”

Until you change the education system here, its going to be ground hog day for a very long time to come.

The yellow shirts have got what they wished for.
An uneducated people to control.
They just didn't bank on it being a red shirt controlling them.

The United Nations Secretary General is not coming to Thailand to personally mediate nor does he or anyone outside of Thailand care about your bent and anti-democratic agenda.

I'd reiterate it would be most encouraging if former UNSG Kofi Annan would be appointed as the UNSG's conflict resolution mediator in Thailand. The first thing any conflict mediator would do is completely ignore everything you say in your nagging gf post.

Self appointed and self opinionated. You don't know what everyone outside of Thailand thinks about the current situation in Thailand, just what you think they should think.

Thankfully someone like you is not likely to be asked to help. Dismiss everyone who has a different viewpoint eh?

Agreed.

What he and Surapong conveniently forget is that Kofi Annan was asked to take part in PTP's useless 'reconciliation' conference last August and he wisely refused.

Tony Blair, Marti Ahtisaari & Priscilla Hayner did take part and offered a few suggestions which were completely ignored by the ruling dynasty.

As Surapong has failed to get the international condemnation of the protests that he wants, he is again clutching at straws. Any international figure that knows a bit about Thailand will take a look at the CMPO stooges, have a laugh and politely decline.

With a certain institution beyond public discussion, alteration or modification, a foreigner coming to Thailand to try to mediate anything is a fruitless errand. The Thais are stuck stewing in their own boiling juices and forever burned by same.

The institution you refer to is irrelevant to the current crisis which is about governance - or lack of it legally - and corruption as well as the lack of fair law enforcement.

However you are right that foreigners are on a fruitless errand in offering advice. Supapong knows this too - so what is his agenda in his pretence of asking for advice?

Surapong et al are campaigning to try to place the onus on the international community for the coming storm.

The storm is the coup, judicial very much most likely, or any coup. The devastation will occur consequent to the storm making landfall.

Coming soon. So keep your eyes on the sky right above you and your arse close to the ground, my friend.

I'm doing the same myself.

Do the Thai's really think that there is concern about the current matters here by the U.N. apart from lip service as a window dressing exercise?

Will the Thai's actually take notice and even act upon any advice given by any foreigners who don't understand ''Thainess?"

Somehow I doubt it. the whole matter has been broached as this bunch of inept caretakers in reality haven't a clue of how to react to the fact that at last the public expect the politicians to be their servants not a family business intent on nothing more than self enrichment and rampant political incest known as nepotism.

It might well be an interesting fact as to how certain individuals and groups might stand regarding their legal liabilities if as such the U.N. were to broker some sort of settlement concerning the current state of affairs here in Thailand.

Certain people could end up in the witness box as the accused. In the event of that happening could they, would they be able to employ the Nuremberg Defence or that other well known hackneyed defense statement ''It was the drink your honour as made me lose me grip on meself,'' one must ask?

All to easy to put a noose around one neck when one is desperate.

No offense intended, but don't you think it depends upon which public you ask about being servants? Surely, the hi-so opposition clan regard the majority that never elects them as not even being worthy as servants and that is the basis of the downfall of the opposition, not T and not Y.

It is hard to imagine how the hi-so opposition has ever felt they were servants of T or Y. More likely, the hi-so opposition are scared of losing their influence and special interests.

But all this aside, how do you see the U.N. brokering a settlement when only one party, the government, is offering to talk win-win and the opposition party claims to own Thailand and refuses to talk while insisting on the zero sum, "Suthep's way or the highway?"

Edited by unanimosity

Surapong et al are campaigning to try to place the onus on the international community for the coming storm.

The storm is the coup, judicial very much most likely, or any coup. The devastation will occur consequent to the storm making landfall.

Coming soon. So keep your eyes on the sky right above you and your arse close to the ground, my friend.

Boy that's a hell'uva big conspiracy theory to swallow. How can the international community be blamed for any coup?

Yes a military coup is always possible here, but there's no judicial coup when the only check on a government that thinks it's above the law are the few remaining bodies not (yet) having acolytes in charge.

If Thaksin unleashes the violent sectors of the red shirts again, the military will have to step in to prevent a civil war. I hope it doesn't happen but I won't hibernate even if it does.

Surapong and Chalerm sitting together - defenders of decency. Can Ki-moon be able to restrain his private thoughts about Thaksin, Surapong and Chalerm when he is here ? One has a feeling that a diplomat on the world stage is being consciously manipulated into saying something that might be construed in Pheu Thai's crazy way as fitting into Chalerm's narrative. That's the danger - that he is used as yet another pawn by the administration. If Ki-moon does come here, he ought to meet both sides. He ought to be made aware that there is actually a universe that extends beyond Thaksin, and another point of view. He ought to be made aware that Yingluck has been openly encouraged by the UDD to defy the independent agencies and the courts in a jaw-dropping attack on the judicial system. He ought to be made aware that an amnesty bill was rammed through by Pheu Thai that sought to pardon Thaksin and return huge monies to him, as well as pardoning over 25,000 convicted of corruption. He ought to be made aware that Yingluck is boycotting attending the NACC tomorrow, in a key impeachment proceeding. He ought to be made aware that Thaksin is directing the administration through skype, and ask himself if there is any parallel with that whatsoever in the world. He ought to know that the NACC may be physically impeded by the UDD tomorrow from their constitutional duty to investigate impeachment proceedings against Yingluck.

He may also want to sniff Chalerm's breath, and wonder if not a huge hunk of the crisis is due to that.

The UNSG is not coming to Thailand to mediate or to meditate. I've said the fact several times today.

The issues are pulsing issues only to the Thais and to the fahlang Thais, all swirling around inside their cracked crock pot..

The Thai himself made Thailand the place of absurd contradictions and insoluble paradoxes that it is and continues to be. No Thai or outsider can fix it. Which is to say it only gets worse. Boxes inside boxes inside boxes until there's only thin air.

Boy that's a hell'uva big conspiracy theory to swallow. How can the international community be blamed for any coup?

Yes a military coup is always possible here, but there's no judicial coup when the only check on a government that thinks it's above the law are the few remaining bodies not (yet) having acolytes in charge.

If Thaksin unleashes the violent sectors of the red shirts again, the military will have to step in to prevent a civil war. I hope it doesn't happen but I won't hibernate even if it does.

The other way around - the military stepping in will precipitate civil war.

And who doesn't know the Thais will blame the world for everything?

BTW, if Suthep gets his way, his voices here are going to be ex expats too.

The military have not stepped in even with the violence that has occurred so far and IMO they won't unless there is serious clashes instigated by the violent wings of the red shirts. Thaksin knows this and very likely doesn't want to be responsible for a repeat of 2010.

Of course the Thais will blame everyone but themselves but Suthep is no more anti-expat than the likes of the CMPO stooges. Too may don't understand the difference between his persona and what he advocates which could be accomodated if the real (fugitive) boss allows.

After his triumph in creating lasting piss in the Levant perhaps Brits rapporteur extraordinaire TonyBliar can help locate the weapons of mess erection or Catherine Ashton ,unelected by anyone or the new Ukranian jew baiters and overtossers of unliked regimes.

Of course there's a former PM unemployed in Dobuy ,he's got the ideas,he's had the pay and he undoubtedly has power,cash ,connections funny that the prospect of him returning Mayday has scared the willies out of those who cannot convince the majority to vote for them

Thai FM ponders UN as mediator in political conflict

By Digital Content

13933951226716.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 26 – Caretaker Thai Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul today urged the United Nations to mediate the escalating political conflict in Thailand.

Mr Surpong, who is also deputy prime minister and chief adviser to the Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO), said he telephoned UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon this morning, seeking his advice to resolve Thailand’s political impasse.

He said the secretary-general would be the most suitable person to find a way out for Thailand now that the conflicts have worsened, resulting in the deaths of four children.

“When disputes arose in countries like Syria, Ukraine, Egypt or Rwanda, the UN was always too late (in reaching the countries). If we get advice early enough, Thailand should be able to solve the problems,” he said.

Mr Surapong said he would submit an official proposal to the UN if agreed by the CMPO.

He said protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban has refused to accept a neutral person to mediate negotiations but the UN would be the most suitable neutral body.

He added, “If the Democrat Party suspects that the general election would be unfair, the UN has an agency to supervise it to ensure a fair election. It depends on whether we want to use them.

“We have to be open without thinking that they are intervening in Thailand’s domestic affairs. If there is a civil war, it is inevitable that the UN intervenes to find reconciliation.” (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-02-26

Save your bottom you intellectual dwarf. (no offence meant to short people)

Edited by Local Drunk

They don't need the UN's advice.

I can give them the best advice.

GET OUT now before you drag down, Thailand, into destruction and civil war.

You forget the name, SUTHEP GET OUT before you drag down Thailand....... He started the destruction in November.

The roots of this mess go back a lot further than that. More than a decade.

The only reason The Gimp called Surapong is inviting Moon, is that he believes it will legitimize the current regime if he sits down and has talks with them. The UN does not have a good track record of resolving conflicts, but it does a good job in continuing to justify it's existence.

What PTP will make of any suggestions that are not in keeping with their definition of democracy will of course be disregarded. The Dubai Criminal is getting more desperate by the day now.

What will be the outcome if he say's, as he should, that the simplest way to resolve this is for Yingluck to step down!!!

Guess would be easy for any UN member.Who is the free elected government?PTP.Who wants to build a government without elections?Suthep?

Suggestion by Un would be"Mr.Suthep please pay for all damages u did in the last months,go to prison,and go there directly.Dear democrats please wait until next election and work hard so you can build the next government.Dear army return ur weapons and dear leaders of the army please step down since u r useless and care only about your own business

The military have not stepped in even with the violence that has occurred so far and IMO they won't unless there is serious clashes instigated by the violent wings of the red shirts. Thaksin knows this and very likely doesn't want to be responsible for a repeat of 2010.

Of course the Thais will blame everyone but themselves but Suthep is no more anti-expat than the likes of the CMPO stooges. Too may don't understand the difference between his persona and what he advocates which could be accomodated if the real (fugitive) boss allows.

Nevermind that you're barking up the wrong tree, you're in the wrong forest if you're trying to sell me the buffalo dung that Suthep won't purge farang. It is integral to the established elite's wholesale cleansing of Thailand. PCAD and its old elite backers are serious fascists and they're not alone, so it figures some farang will be kept on if PCAD have their way.

• Like 2

The only reason The Gimp called Surapong is inviting Moon, is that he believes it will legitimize the current regime if he sits down and has talks with them. The UN does not have a good track record of resolving conflicts, but it does a good job in continuing to justify it's existence.

What PTP will make of any suggestions that are not in keeping with their definition of democracy will of course be disregarded. The Dubai Criminal is getting more desperate by the day now.

What will be the outcome if he say's, as he should, that the simplest way to resolve this is for Yingluck to step down!!!

i think if ban ki mun say that yingluck have to go i think she have to accept.

if he say no, i think better he dont come to thailand !!