Alternative to Soi 7 food hall opposite Biergarten

duan

There was a smal restaurant in the slley between sois 7 and 5, called 24h seafood restaurant. I always found the food much better there, in fact it became on of m favourite places for cheap thai food. It suddenly has gone some months ago though. Does anyone know where they 've moved to??

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There was a smal restaurant in the slley between sois 7 and 5, called 24h seafood restaurant. I always found the food much better there, in fact it became on of m favourite places for cheap thai food. It suddenly has gone some months ago though. Does anyone know where they 've moved to??

Agreed....the prawns in particular were excellent....let's hope they pop up somewhere else.

Seafood place on the South east corner of the junction of soi 6 and soi Nana (4) was good, but last time I tried it was 2 years ago and I suspect prices have gone up a lot since. There was also good cheap Thai and Isaan food at the old mini night market on Sukhumvit at soi 1. I think it's still there but, again, have not taken casual girlfriends there for some time (since getting married!)

Now that the food hall opposite the Soi 7 Biergarten has closed can anyone please recommend an alternative in the same vicinity for similar thai food and cost?

Really, what is going in that space??

Have not been in 2 years but used to eat at Marielada. One of the girls there always remembers my name. Amazing Thailand.

Edited by arunsakda

That food court on soi 7 was an institution, I don't know how long it had been there but it was at least a decade and probably a lot longer. The food used to be good a few years ago, but got really expensive in the last couple of years and at the same time the quality went down. The last time my wife and I tried to eat there late last year, we walked out when we saw the prices.

Were high prices/low quality the reason for its closure, or was it the usual lease running out and greedy landlords doubling the rent?

That food court on soi 7 was an institution, I don't know how long it had been there but it was at least a decade and probably a lot longer. The food used to be good a few years ago, but got really expensive in the last couple of years and at the same time the quality went down. The last time my wife and I tried to eat there late last year, we walked out when we saw the prices.

Were high prices/low quality the reason for its closure, or was it the usual lease running out and greedy landlords doubling the rent?

As far as I know the landowners are redeveloping the whole area there. I am not that sad about the food court but really about the 24h seafood-restaurant between sois 5 and 7. Would very much like to know wheter they have moved to somewhere else.

Many thanks for the replies so far.

I always used the Laguna in the food hall for I guess 20 or so years on my trips up to Bangkok. Being a creature of habit and a regular I usually had the same dishes and the food bill always remained the same with little or no increase over the years despite the menu price increases. The same cannot be said for the drinks bill.

Can anyone please confirm whether the food stalls on the old mini night market at Soi 1 Sukhumvit are still there?

Also I seem to recall the Nana Hotel coffee shop had reasonable Thai fare at non rip off prices. Is that still the case?

Its astonishing that around the Sukhumvit area it is so difficult to find excellent Thai food.....I know good places on 17 and 22....but that's about it if you discount the stupidly priced tourist ripoff spots.

Wireless road and Langsuan have numerous good spots....and there is a good lunch place in the market between them too.

Its astonishing that around the Sukhumvit area it is so difficult to find excellent Thai food.....I know good places on 17 and 22....but that's about it if you discount the stupidly priced tourist ripoff spots.

Wireless road and Langsuan have numerous good spots....and there is a good lunch place in the market between them too.

Could you tell the places you can recommend, especially on 17, 22 and langsuan? Would like visit some new places. Thanks.

Good thing I don't live on lower suk.

My area has 10000 cheap and quality food options outside the door.