Suthep says he is ready to talk to Yingluck

webfact

In the Netherlands we don't talk with rebels on TV. Mr.Suthep is responsible for the chaos and damage-done to Thailand. 20 persons got killed and over 700 wounded. The damage to the Thai Econmy runs into the many billions of Baht.

He, and Abhisit, were requested months ago to have a talk, but refused many times. No government should jump for this kind of hooligan-behaviour. A talk is good, but NOT under these conditions!

Oh and the Netherlands has experienced a lot of 'rebellions' recently has it? rolleyes.gif

Yeah, turn it into a joke, but in Thailand it's turning into a very sick joke. You are right I don't know all ins-and-outs, but I can recognize resposible, constructive politicians when I see them. And this Mr.Suthep doesn't qualify as a responsible politician!

• Like 1

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And what sort of right has the Dusit Puppet to demand these sorts of things? Oh, that's right: none. Let's face it he's an intellectual midget next to her (remind me what educational levels he reached) but he can out-thug her anytime of course. Why on earth should she sit in the same room as someone who has threatened to have her and her family eradicated?

Seriously???

Yingluck wont do it, too much too lose for her. The conditions that Suthep puts down, also give her the get out card.

Anyway, as Yingluck is incompetent, there is no way she would put herself live on TV in a debate against her nemesis.

See that's what I have some difficulties in understanding in a society big on face-saving. Appearing on live TV, appearing inept due to lack of ability to articulate (some say intelligence?) will definitely make YL lose face. But, she doesn't feel her face is being eroded by the minute with what she has been doing all this while AND with her bluffs being called left, right and centre? Hmm... odd indeed.

In the Netherlands we don't talk with rebels on TV. Mr.Suthep is responsible for the chaos and damage-done to Thailand. 20 persons got killed and over 700 wounded. The damage to the Thai Econmy runs into the many billions of Baht.

He, and Abhisit, were requested months ago to have a talk, but refused many times. No government should jump for this kind of hooligan-behaviour. A talk is good, but NOT under these conditions!

Oh and the Netherlands has experienced a lot of 'rebellions' recently has it? rolleyes.gif

Yeah, turn it into a joke, but in Thailand it's turning into a very sick joke. You are right I don't know all ins-and-outs, but I can recognize resposible, constructive politicians when I see them. And this Mr.Suthep doesn't qualify as a responsible politician!

How about Yingluck?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A brilliant move. Suthep wins whether she accepts or not. If she accepts, the nation will be exposed to whatever is going on inside her to the closeup of television cameras. With no minders, she will need to actually have an intelligent conversation. She will no longer be able to dodge the issues. Indeed, by having it open to the public she would not be able to hide behind anything other than her responsibility as prime minister to speak for herself.

Of course, she'll say no, and most of the headaches that Pheu Thai will experience in the coming hours will be how to come to a no without looking ridiculous. But ridiculous they will look. Suthep has called her bluff for talks.

It may look like a "brilliant move" through the third Chang, but to most of us it seems rather desperate. And intelligent from Suthep? I take it you didn't read his letter to Obama. That was not the handiwork of a person who is able to concoct a coherent sentence. I guess it's the bar you apply to the word intelligent. Maybe he is to you.

Now let's see how good Snig is at composing a letter in Thai?

Love all the guys on here describing how he "would tear her a new one" bla bla bla yet safe to assume 80%+ can`t speak Thai. How they can asses how articulate she is is beyond me when you don`t even speak the lingo. I fear most are basing her debating skills on her English speaking interviews (a language Suthep can`t speak at all.)

Like or loathe PT and Yingluck (and Im no fan, just like im not of the other side) the way she has out manouvered Suthep throughout is impressive. He is literally battling to just stay relevant now, things are moving on without him.

Hes a nobody with a mandate to represent nobody.

Yingluck has been outsmarted, out-maneuvered, and backed into a corner that she will not get out of. She will soon be gone, Suthep will, in time, be a hero to many, i don't like him, but no question he has won this round and kept PTPs corrupt hands off more than 2 trillion baht.

• Like 1

I think most of us know, that Suthep is not the real head of the Anti-Government movement and that Yingluck isn't the real leader of Thailand.

Do some of you really believe that the Navy and some of the air force and army would support Suthep, if they were not told who is really behind him?

and on the other side...

Do you really believe that Yingluck pulls the strings and that the UDD and the police act independently from Thaksin?

They are two people doing a job for others, above them. One has to be an idiot not to figure out what is really going on in Thailand.

So why bother to get so excited about Yingluck and Suthep. They are just doing the job, they are asked to do by their superiors.

There are some things, we cannot talk about here, which of course makes it difficult to discuss the situation accurately and in detail. Sad, but that is just the way it is.

As far as Ms. Yingluck and Mr. Suthep are concerned, why be so mean, when talking about them. She is doing the job, her brother ask her to do and stepped up to the plate and Mr. Suthep stepped up to the plate, when someone else asked him to. I'm sure that both feel good, that they have stepped up to the plate. I also believe, that they both think, that they are on the right side. wai2.gif

I agree with you there.

Some Thais even believe that this is a fight that is coming from above Thaksin and Suthep. Not everything is as it seems in this country and Thaksin may not even be the the puppeteer on the government side. Not every family is always as picture perfect as it looks on the outside. Those that don't know what I mean, well ...not my problem. Don't ask for explanations.

Edited by ShannonT

Why on earth should she sit in the same room as someone who has threatened to have her and her family eradicated?

How about because she's supposed to represent the government as the "Prime Minister" and he clearly represents the opposition that is trying to oust her government. Pretending anything else only exacerbates the problems.

I wonder why he is now ready to talk

That is probably the easiest question to answer.

The protest is at a stalemate. Innocent people are getting killed. neither side wants to give in.

It is time for one side to reach across the table and say let's talk.

There is never going to be an end to this until the leaders of the 2 main factions sit down and start to try to reach a mutual ground.

They do not have to solve all the issues. BUT if you have ever bought or sold anything you know that there is th eprice you want, the price the other person wants to pay and then the final price is in the middle.

until people get together and outline their "price" and then start to talk about where they are willing to meet nothing will happen except poor people dying.

Suthep has made the best offer that either side could make. The only thing that should be added is a moderator to make sure that voices stay calm and that it does not get out of hand.

The fact that Yingluck is afraid to sit down and talk says it all. She is the puppet always has been. The actual leader in Thailand is in fact Chalerm. We know the international leader is still in Dubai.

Every time she ducks him she is only adding to the people's ability to see that she is afraid and therefore not a true leader.

Suthep is ready to talk with Yingluck only if he controls the agneda, location, attendance, etc. He'll probably insist that Blue Sky studios be used as well. He is such a dignified politicain that it brings tears to my eyes. From laughter.

• Like 1

I think most of us know, that Suthep is not the real head of the Anti-Government movement and that Yingluck isn't the real leader of Thailand.

Do some of you really believe that the Navy and some of the air force and army would support Suthep, if they were not told who is really behind him?

and on the other side...

Do you really believe that Yingluck pulls the strings and that the UDD and the police act independently from Thaksin?

They are two people doing a job for others, above them. One has to be an idiot not to figure out what is really going on in Thailand.

So why bother to get so excited about Yingluck and Suthep. They are just doing the job, they are asked to do by their superiors.

There are some things, we cannot talk about here, which of course makes it difficult to discuss the situation accurately and in detail. Sad, but that is just the way it is.

As far as Ms. Yingluck and Mr. Suthep are concerned, why be so mean, when talking about them. She is doing the job, her brother ask her to do and stepped up to the plate and Mr. Suthep stepped up to the plate, when someone else asked him to. I'm sure that both feel good, that they have stepped up to the plate. I also believe, that they both think, that they are on the right side. wai2.gif

I agree with you there.

Some Thais even believe that this is a fight that is coming from above Thaksin and Suthep. Not everything is as it seems in this country and Thaksin may not even be the the puppeteer on the government side. Not every family is always as picture perfect as it looks on the outside. Those that don't know what I mean, well ...not my problem. Don't ask for explanations.

As usual, more sinister forces that 'may' be working behind the scenes with no proof and the usual 'don't ask for explanations' crap again. Oh how I love the whole 'ammart' conspiracy! rolleyes.gif

When televised chances are high both will quickly resort to talking points.
Which again is a talking point, if you will :D

But ideally this would better be debated in a more constructive enviroment.
Either way, any possible way out of this gridlock is long overdue.

On a side note: I wouldn't underestimate Yingluck here.

Oh come now Gerry, you can hardly call several hundred thousand people in a country of what? 52 Million a rebellion can you? tongue.png

Once you have the entire country wanting the Government out, then you'd be closer to having a rebellion. At present it's more like that annoying fly that keeps buzzing you but eludes the fly swatter tongue.pngwink.png

And what sort of right has the Dusit Puppet to demand these sorts of things? Oh, that's right: none. Let's face it he's an intellectual midget next to her (remind me what educational levels he reached) but he can out-thug her anytime of course. Why on earth should she sit in the same room as someone who has threatened to have her and her family eradicated?

Same rights the red brigade had to have a live debate with Abhisit in 2010.

No double standards, eh?

No,not quite the same as Abhisit was not ,never has been and never will be chosen by the Thai people to to become Thailands leader.

In 2010 the Thai people only wanted to have a democratic election. A government democratically chosen by the people.This is something that Abhisit and Suthip can not accept and unfortunately the majority of the Thais will not put up with them taking power again with threats and force.

Things are not looking good, but it has to be the peoples choice of how Thailand proceeds.

• Like 1

Patjem: One wonders if she even 'attended' anyway!

She attended alright but that doesn't mean a lot.

4-year graduation rate is 8%. 6-year graduation rate is 23%. 8-year graduation rate is 27%. At Kentucky State University (KSU), the average admitted student's SAT score is around 1205, which is one of the lowest average scores compared to students at other mid tier liberal arts colleges. The average admitted student's ACT score at Kentucky State University (KSU) is around 16, which is one of the lowest average scores compared to students admitted to other mid tier liberal arts colleges.

So you can see a person doesn't have to be the sharpest knife in the drawer to be accepted at KSU. She probably wouldn't have been accepted at the University of Kentucky which is rivaled only by the University of Louisville.

Edited by Pimay1

Well then you shouldn't have posted the Netherlands as an example on how it deals with 'rebels' now then. whistling.gif

Yeah I'm sure you're qualified to decide what's a 'responsible' politician in a country with a whole lot of irresponsible ones!

Oh come now Gerry, you can hardly call several hundred thousand people in a country of what? 52 Million a rebellion can you? tongue.png

Once you have the entire country wanting the Government out, then you'd be closer to having a rebellion. At present it's more like that annoying fly that keeps buzzing you but eludes the fly swatter tongue.pngwink.png

Hey he's the one who mentioned 'rebels'. I'm just humoring him.

I still prefer the term 'protestors', seems less violent sounding.

• Like 1

so here we have a dictator 'in-waiting' demanding of the democratically elected PM that she GIVES IN to his preconditions before meeting?

he is deluded - can you imagine Kim Jong-Un asking Obama for such talks but preconditions include NO talk about elections and NO talk about sharing government?

she would be mad to agree to this as would Obama

it's posturing and he well knows she will never agree - he is getting desperate by the day (which is a good sign)

I don't really see why he's placing those conditions as I'm pretty sure he could deal with those. Particularly regarding the elections as that has been at the centre of his protests. If he can't answer questions on those topics then he shouldn't go into talks in the first place.

Whilst I'm sure he will be able to out talk Yingluck as she's not a politician, or at least not an experienced one I don't think it would necessarily work in Suthep's favour. He's great at rousing speeches at motivating protesters in a way Abhisit couldn't hope to but I think he would just look like a bully and create sympathy for Yingluck. Abhisit or someone like him would be better as he is less confrontational and more subtle in his approach.

A lot of what happens is more to do with appearance and perception than straight facts. The caretaker government obviously thought that early on and took a soft approach with protesters, as did Abhisit and Suthep but eventually if things continue hard choices that may not be good PR have to be made.

• Like 1

Is it me or is the PFRC winning the PR campaign. It seems that everything that yingluck or her boys say just causes more issues. Yingluck needs to put down the phone, get off skype and use her pretty brain.

Older brother is taking her down a path that she really does not want to go down and what does he have to lose. NOTHING

I am starting to wonder if he cares for anyone other than the guy he sees in the mirror everyday. I would be wiling to say that he would sell his own mother if he thought it would gain him anything.

I wonder why he is now ready to talk

That is probably the easiest question to answer.

The protest is at a stalemate. Innocent people are getting killed. neither side wants to give in.

It is time for one side to reach across the table and say let's talk.

There is never going to be an end to this until the leaders of the 2 main factions sit down and start to try to reach a mutual ground.

They do not have to solve all the issues. BUT if you have ever bought or sold anything you know that there is th eprice you want, the price the other person wants to pay and then the final price is in the middle.

until people get together and outline their "price" and then start to talk about where they are willing to meet nothing will happen except poor people dying.

Suthep has made the best offer that either side could make. The only thing that should be added is a moderator to make sure that voices stay calm and that it does not get out of hand.

The fact that Yingluck is afraid to sit down and talk says it all. She is the puppet always has been. The actual leader in Thailand is in fact Chalerm. We know the international leader is still in Dubai.

Every time she ducks him she is only adding to the people's ability to see that she is afraid and therefore not a true leader.

Chalerm is not the leader. He is only tolerated because as a long term associate of Thaksin he knows where the bodies are buried ..figuratively speaking of course. rolleyes.gif

Thaksin is clever enough not to allow any one person too much power except for his baby sister who wouldn't dare abuse it.

What's this "we" business coming from Farangs? It's not about what "we " Farangs want, it's about what the Thai "We's" want, the "we want a proper working government" isn't down you you or I, it's down to Thais, simple as that.

If the new unelected peoples council stipulated that all Farangs had to wear pink tutu's would you rush out and buy one?

If the New elected Government through fair and impartial voting won and they too stipulated that all Farangs had to wear Pink Tutu's again would you do it?

And if it was passed and became a Law same question?

The answer to them all is probably NO, so you're never going to be part of this "we" Brigade are you? , so stop thinking your part of something that has nothing to do with you unless you have the "rights to vote" that lets you be a real "we"!! wink.png

What's this "we" business coming from Farangs? It's not about what "we " Farangs want, it's about what the Thai "We's" want, the "we want a proper working government" isn't down you you or I, it's down to Thais, simple as that.

If the new unelected peoples council stipulated that all Farangs had to wear pink tutu's would you rush out and buy one?

If the New elected Government through fair and impartial voting won and they too stipulated that all Farangs had to wear Pink Tutu's again would you do it?

And if it was passed and became a Law same question?

The answer to them all is probably NO, so you're never going to be part of this "we" Brigade are you? , so stop thinking your part of something that has nothing to do with you unless you have the "rights to vote" that lets you be a real "we"!! wink.png

I think 'we'll' leave the skirt wearing to the Scots thanks. wink.png

• Like 2

How about Yingluck?

THAT is the big issue in Thailand. Everybody is blaming everybody. Nobody is 'clean'! It's about time everybody sat together talks, negotiates, compromises, finds win-win solutiions, fights corruption and above all show vision for the good of ONE Thailand. But that's not happening. Too many ego's, too much ordinary childish, irresponsible behaviour. Wake up Thai, before it's really tooo late!! The time of game-play should be over. Now it's setrious business!

She will reject it. There's no way she can have a talk 'live' on TV. She will need 'advice' from overseas and love him or hate him, Suthep has more charisma than her. Of course, she could always cry on live TV. That way the stupid people can say Suthep bullied her. whistling.gif

It is a trap.

After Yingluck arrived, the "people" will come and surround the tv station.

Suthep will say that he has no control of his people.