Haven't done 90 residence registration, should I rip last one out?

Hi, Iast time I re entered in October, Airport immigration put a 90 day register form in the front of my passport telling me to re registeron 27th November 2013. I haven't. I'm flying out again mid March and plan on getting a re entry at Swampy. I don't think I had the 90 day last time I got a re entry there and find the crew rather friendly and flirty. Should I just rip it out, it's on the front page? Hope they ignore it and come up with a " protest whistle mob" bluff story as to why I havent updated,or suck it up and cop the B2,000 fine? I believe that is the maximum? Any similar experiences? Cheers.

Its not a maximum of ฿2000 its 500 per day with a maximum of ฿20,000. Dont start ripping pages out of your passport, that is a serious offense which will land you in more trouble than a ฿20,000 fine. Go to your immi office and get it done. Otherwise pay the fine on departure. If you get caught for any reason by the police. In your current state you'll be arrested etc.

...Iast time I re entered in October, Airport immigration put a 90 day register form in the front of my passport telling me to re registeron 27th November 2013...

It's not clear to me what form you are talking about. What title does the form have and what is the number at top right of the sheet?

I have never heard of immigration at the airport putting a notice in your passport about 90 day reporting. It may be something new as a reminder you need to do it.

If you have not done it then there is chance you will have to pay the fine of 2000 baht or it could be as high as 5000 baht which is the max fine plus 200 baht a day after report was due.

Ah thanks Ubon I think I know what's happened. The form was put in after my visa extension not by airport people. I'll just rip it and hope for the best. I've never had a problem at the re entry visa counter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeh thanks Ubon. I'll just make sure I do it once I'm back. It really is up there with not selling booze between 2 and 5 when it comes to pointless laws. Sure notify them when you change address OK but when its the same place for 13 years! <deleted> give me a break!

I lost my 90 day receipt once, and when I went to immigration to do again, I had to go to police station visit - inform them that I lost it, they fill out a form - then return to immigration office where they move the old number to the new (or use the same, can't remember) then begin the 90 registration again. I was not late, so did not have to pay the 2000 baht that time, but the pain in the ass factor says "Don't throw away your previous 90 report receipt. If you're late as well, you'll have to pay the fines. Keep your 90 day registration receipt in your passport!!!

Yeh thanks Ubon. I'll just make sure I do it once I'm back. It really is up there with not selling booze between 2 and 5 when it comes to pointless laws. Sure notify them when you change address OK but when its the same place for 13 years! <deleted> give me a break!

Sorry to say the law is the law which stipulates that you MUST report every 90 days irrespective of what you think. Plus immigration can take a very dim view of not doing it and remember, upset these guys and they can make life pretty tough whenever you need to extend your stay, apply for re-entry etc.

Buy a big calender hang it where you see it everyday ,with all dates about

extensions,90 day reports,even birthdays and other stuff,then you wont forget,

for the sake of 200bht or a free one from the bank,its the best investment you

will make,could save you 1,000's of baht,and no hassle.

regards worgeordie

Agree with Worgeordie and others....... it's not worth mucking about and trying to fight City Hall on this one. I was interested when I went for my last visa renewal a week ago that the immigration official told me I had the wrong 90 day form in my passport - it was the usual bottom part of the form which they always sign, tear off and staple in the passport. The point was that the official who did my 90 days hadn't entered it into the computer so it showed that I hadn't reported. Fortunately I still had the signed part of the form and all was cleared up without a problem. Point: Immigration is more into the IT world than some of us think.

I have never heard of immigration at the airport putting a notice in your passport about 90 day reporting. It may be something new as a reminder you need to do it.

If you have not done it then there is chance you will have to pay the fine of 2000 baht or it could be as high as 5000 baht which is the max fine plus 200 baht a day after report was due.

Max Fine is 5000. To add the 200/day for a period of let's say 1 year with no reporting would bring it up to a grand total of 78'000 Bht (= Fine 5000 plus 200/day 73'000). =IMPOSSIBLE !

Cheers.

Max Fine is 5000. To add the 200/day for a period of let's say 1 year with no reporting would bring it up to a grand total of 78'000 Bht (= Fine 5000 plus 200/day 73'000). =IMPOSSIBLE !

Cheers.

That is what the immigration act of 1979 says the fine is.

Cheers.

Please tell why this is impossible, the op attitude is very arrogant and for one I hope she or he gets the max fine

The immigration offices have a list of fixed fines they are allowed to impose and can't go below of above the amounts listed there. The English translation of Section 84 of the Immigration Act calls it the "Settlement Rule", established by a commission, and it does seem to have been published.

The maximum penalties stipulated in the Immigration Act are for the judges to respect, and in the case of overstay fines we have seen from members' posts that even for long overstays, for which an immigration office would have to collect 20,000 Baht, a judge usually decides on a lower amount but there are of course other inconveniences like detention for a day or two until the court hearing and deportation.

With the fine for a late 90-day report, I believe the "additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with" starts with the day of sentencing, ie if the fine as per court order is not paid on the day of sentencing.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section
37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and
with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until
the law is complied with.

Why don't airport immigration issue you with a fresh 90 day reporting reminder upon arrival? I think it's because they have nothing at all to do with the system.

Cheers.

Please tell why this is impossible, the op attitude is very arrogant and for one I hope she or he gets the max fine

This is why it is impossible: The Max-Fine for Visa/Visa-Extention "overstay" is 20'000 Bht. Even for a 10 year "overstay". This has nothing to do with 90-reporting.

So therefore a major offense like "overstay" of visa can not cost more than 20'000 (under any circumstances) versus a "petty-crime" of non-reporting for the duration of a year can cost a grand total of 78'000 ??????????????? NO WAY !

Of course, I stand corrected, if anyone can supply credible court documentation that a Farang was ever fined an amount of 78'000 Bht for a 1 year period of non-reporting.cheesy.gif

Cheers.

Why don't airport immigration issue you with a fresh 90 day reporting reminder upon arrival? I think it's because they have nothing at all to do with the system.

I think immigration expects you can count to 90 or is this up with the (is up there with not selling booze between 2 and 5 when it comes to pointless laws.)

DAY REPORTINF

This is why it is impossible: The Max-Fine for Visa/Visa-Extention "overstay" is 20'000 Bht. Even for a 10 year "overstay". This has nothing to do with 90-reporting.

So therefore a major offense like "overstay" of visa can not cost more than 20'000 (under any circumstances) versus a "petty-crime" of non-reporting for the duration of a year can cost a grand total of 78'000 ??????????????? NO WAY !

Of course, I stand corrected, if anyone can supply credible court documentation that a Farang was ever fined an amount of 78'000 Bht for a 1 year period of non-reporting.cheesy.gif

Cheers.

Sorry what has this got to do with overstay THIS IS 90 DAY REPORTING if you can not read the post do not comment

If you ever need a certificate of residence from Chang Wattana, they stipulate -- as I found out -- you have to have at least one 90-day report on their records. I never could because I leave the country at least once every 90 days. So I had to go to the embassy for that expensive piece of paper. Fortunately, I moved to Chonburi district and at the time the Jomtien office did not have that stipulation.

DAY REPORTINF

Cheers.

Sorry what has this got to do with overstay THIS IS 90 DAY REPORTING if you can not read the post do not comment

No offence meant, but this is exactly what the post you are answering to is about

The Op has asked a question about "reporting" , some answers came up with the "overstay" and incidentally that leaded to the different fines.

I must admit that I could have kind of confused too but I had read all the posts

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. As expected I've just cruised through the re entry visa both with a freshy and B1200 out of pocket. No mention was made of my non existent 90 day residency form nor the fact I last past through immigration on October 1st. I find the girls on that desk at Swampy the most flirty in the Kingdom be it the Princess the Chubby the LB or the Tom. Just smile flirt and go along with the ride. Let's just hope the Stones don't cancel Hanging Rock! Ciao

@ swissie:

Maximum fine for failure to do the 90 day report is 5000 baht. There is NO additional fine of 200 baht per day.

Taken from thaivisa.com/forum/topic/611007-if-90-day-report-late-get-red-stamp-or-anything/page-2

"the time window is one week before and one week after the day 90 days ends. After that the fine is of 2000 baht if you go to an immigration office to report it, and 5000 bahts if an officer check your passport and your 90 days report is over. There's not any additional daily fine"

Hi all. As expected I've just cruised through the re entry visa both with a freshy and B1200 out of pocket. No mention was made of my non existent 90 day residency form nor the fact I last past through immigration on October 1st. I find the girls on that desk at Swampy the most flirty in the Kingdom be it the Princess the Chubby the LB or the Tom. Just smile flirt and go along with the ride. Let's just hope the Stones don't cancel Hanging Rock! Ciao

Immigration at the airport will not be interested in whether you did a 90 day report or not, not part of their remit, however immigration at the local office maybe interested next time you turn up looking for a new extension of stay and they pick up on it,

happened to a collegue of mine, "got away" with it for quite a long time and they picked up on it at an extesnion renewal, THB 5000 fine and kept him there the whole day jerking his chain while processing his extension, it wasnt the THB 5k fine that bother him, but getting jerked around did

So you may not be clear yet slick...wink.png