These Lowlife Minivan Drivers Make Baht Buses Look Good

morrobay

I confess to having done the same thing in the past - only a few times, though. Their arrogant and intimidating behaviour is infuriating, especially when you are in the left lane and they still try to force you out of the way. But I usually let them go past as I'd rather they were in front of me where I can keep an eye on them.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You don't sound like a very safe driver to me. Did it never occur to you that your actions might infuriate the driver of the van you are teasing, so much that he might do something really stupid thereby endangering the fare paying visa running passengers. Why don't you just grow up and let them pass.

I do infuriate them for sure.

I enjoy that.

The visa runners endanger their own safety by using these drivers.

As I said, I calculate the "risk" factor.

I take "risk" very seriously.

Visa runners know the risk.

Visa runners know there's a high chance of these drivers having alcohol in their system.

Visa runners know there's a high chance of drugs of some description in the drivers blood.

Yet they choose to take the chance.

I don't.

I drive myself.

I accept your comments though.

I am not as responsible as most, but ..... "This Is Thailand" YaY

• Like 1

Pattaya28

Allthough I agree that they are some of the worst drivers

It's really not a good idea to wind them up, the roads are already very dangerous why do you want to make them even more so ?

have a look at the video in this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706093-this-is-how-truckers-drive-in-thailand/

Would you be happy if you and your wife ended up in the ditch like the pickup driver in the video ?

would you be happy if an innocent familly on their motorbike was killed because the minivan driver lost control and ploughed into them ?

bah.gif

There is also the very real danger that you'll get a crazy one with a gun w00t.gif

Every 3 months I drive to Cambodia for my visa run.

On this journey I nearly always encounter a convoy of 2 or 3 "visa-run" mini-vans.

Suddenly, out of the blue, I have the lead mini-van 1 metre from my rear at maybe 80-90-100-110-120 kph.

At a suitable moment for my plan I move over to allow the overtake. But, I will always "split the convoy" pulling out again after the 1st overtake.

Once I have split the convoy I ease very gradually off the power, allowing the the lead mini-van to pull away, leaving the mini-van behind me busting a gut to get past me.

The fun starts.

Taking into consideration these irrational drivers will try the pass using any piece of the highway possible, I increase / decrease my speed according to the traffic in the centre / inside lane.

When an overtake can be done on my inside, I speed up. When there's traffic on my inside, I slow down gradually.

My wife is never happy with my games, but her comment when I'm "in-the-sandwich" is always "Happy Now !!", to which my reply is "Yessss".

Footnote.

I am a very safe driver.

All risks are very carefully calculated.

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS AND STUPID.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You don't sound like a very safe driver to me. Did it never occur to you that your actions might infuriate the driver of the van you are teasing, so much that he might do something really stupid thereby endangering the fare paying visa running passengers. Why don't you just grow up and let them pass.

I enjoy that.

Visa runners know there's a high chance of these drivers having alcohol in their system.

Visa runners know there's a high chance of drugs of some description in the drivers blood.

I don't.

I drive myself.

The more exposure this thread gets, the more flack you are going to get. Better buckle-up.

The passengers of these vans are always innocent. Too bad their method of transport fails your approval.

To make a game of, anticipate and plan these staged encounters marks you as irresponsible and immature. All of this fun is taking place at highway speeds. Doubled if on a single-lane highway.

• Like 1

I enjoy that.

I don't.

I drive myself.

The more exposure this thread gets, the more flack you are going to get. Better buckle-up.

The passengers of these vans are always innocent. Too bad their method of transport fails your approval.

To make a game of, anticipate and plan these staged encounters marks you as irresponsible and immature. All of this fun is taking place at highway speeds. Doubled if on a single-lane highway.

Lighten up.

The passengers in the mini-vans have chosen their option of transport. Up to them. Their choice. I just pointed out that the drivers are alcohol and drug fuelled. Seems a dangerous option, but, up to them.

And regarding single-laned highways, I drive at a sensible speed. When approached from behind by 1 of these mini-vans i drive at a constant speed. though, I must admit, when they try overtake, I do speed up, carefully calculating distance / speed of oncoming traffic.

I read time and time again so many of the passengers complain about the drivers of the mini-vans, but still choose that option.

On this journey I nearly always encounter a convoy of 2 or 3 "visa-run" mini-vans.

Suddenly, out of the blue, I have the lead mini-van 1 metre from my rear at maybe 80-90-100-110-120 kph.

At a suitable moment for my plan I move over to allow the overtake. But, I will always "split the convoy" pulling out again after the 1st overtake.

Once I have split the convoy I ease very gradually off the power, allowing the the lead mini-van to pull away, leaving the mini-van behind me busting a gut to get past me.

The fun starts.

Taking into consideration these irrational drivers will try the pass using any piece of the highway possible, I increase / decrease my speed according to the traffic in the centre / inside lane.

When an overtake can be done on my inside, I speed up. When there's traffic on my inside, I slow down gradually.

My wife is never happy with my games, but her comment when I'm "in-the-sandwich" is always "Happy Now !!", to which my reply is "Yessss".

Footnote.

I am a very safe driver.

I am posting this video clip courtesy of “tangcoral “ simply because it shows you exactly why you should not play those sorts of games with psychopathsbah.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

The fun starts.

Footnote.

I am a very safe driver.

Sooner or later you may well find yourself stuck with those crazy Van-drivers at a red light. They may want to move over to your car with the intention to discuss this mater with you in further detail.

Good to know, that you calculate "all risks carefully" beforehand.

Cheers.

The fun starts.

Footnote.

I am a very safe driver.

Sooner or later you may well find yourself stuck with those crazy Van-drivers at a red light. They may want to move over to your car with the intention to discuss this mater with you in further detail.

Good to know, that you calculate "all risks carefully" beforehand.

Cheers.

Swissie, been there done that and is the reason why I no longer carry a tommy axe in the car...... someone was gunna end up dead, most probably me. I prefer to taunt the &lt;deleted&gt; now when I know I won't be stopping anytime soon.

The fun starts.

Footnote.

I am a very safe driver.

pot and kettle 100%

The Ban Phe to Pattaya drivers are particularly considerate and drive on the most part pretty carefully - you can tell them by their 303 logo. The worst I have come across are the red and blue striped vans often with young drivers and their side kicks who not only drive much too fast but are particularly aggressive not only to other drivers but even to their passengers.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I enjoy that.

I don't.

I drive myself.

Lighten up.

The passengers in the mini-vans have chosen their option of transport. Up to them. Their choice. I just pointed out that the drivers are alcohol and drug fuelled. Seems a dangerous option, but, up to them.

And regarding single-laned highways, I drive at a sensible speed. When approached from behind by 1 of these mini-vans i drive at a constant speed. though, I must admit, when they try overtake, I do speed up, carefully calculating distance / speed of oncoming traffic.

I read time and time again so many of the passengers complain about the drivers of the mini-vans, but still choose that option.

You think that taunting the minivan drivers that upset you makes the roads safer or more dangerous for everyone? Serious question, answer it.

You are part of the problem here in Thailand.

Edited by kicking
  • Like 2

Reply to "kicking"

The mini-van drivers do not upset me. They annoy me with their lack of respect for their passengers safety. I agree with the OP's comments.

My fun is nothing compared to the 1000's of drunk foreigners driving their vehicles on the road every day. Nothing compared to the foreigners abusing Thai ladies.

Get off your "High Horse" and complain about something worth while complaining about. Example, we're talking road safety here. Complain about the police not addressing the drunkenness on the roads. And the drunk drivers / riders on the roads. This instance alone needs to be addressed, not my trivial fun.

We made a minivan driver stop in the middle of nowhere and some of us got out of the van. The guy was aggressive, unfriendly to start with and was driving like a maniac. What is wrong in this country? Why are people getting so disrespectful and endangering everybody. I watched an elderly men in a wheelchair in the middle of 2nd. Rd. being stuck. Not 1 of the oncoming cars or bikes would stop and let him get across the second lane until a motorbike taxi guy jumped up and walked into the middle of the lane to stop these animals. Disgusting. MS>

• Like 2

Confusing.

First you indicate that the safety of the minivan passengers is of little concern to you as those passengers have assumed the risks by traveling in that fashion:

"The passengers in the mini-vans have chosen their option of transport. Up to them. Their choice."

Then you later place their safety as your primary motivation:

"The mini-van drivers do not upset me. They annoy me with their lack of respect for their passengers safety."

While some of the passengers may well understand that some drivers on visa runs can be reckless, and some may not be so experienced, I suspect that they also know that such conduct is by no means universal.

One thing for certain is that they do not assume the risks caused by the dangerous and juvenile antics of other drivers such as yourself.

We made a minivan driver stop in the middle of nowhere and some of us got out of the van. The guy was aggressive, unfriendly to start with and was driving like a maniac. What is wrong in this country? Why are people getting so disrespectful and endangering everybody. I watched an elderly men in a wheelchair in the middle of 2nd. Rd. being stuck. Not 1 of the oncoming cars or bikes would stop and let him get across the second lane until a motorbike taxi guy jumped up and walked into the middle of the lane to stop these animals. Disgusting. MS>

And when these minivans are parked/camped out up and down the Sois they make a public health mess - Soi sesspool. And regarding above - I dont know about these people either.

This pycho that teases the minivan drivers and speeds up when they want to pass! You are the biggest problem in Thailand, very much worse than the van drivers. Why would you feel the need to cause havoc on the roads? You must have some very deep issues that need to be resolved. Please get help before you cause somebody harm.