is your girlfriend addicted to her telephone?

navara

This is remedied quite easily.

If you're out on a date with your GF or partner and she's glued to the smart phone, you just have to man up and politely remind her that seeing as she's out with you then you'd like to have her attention and conversation and not have to compete with the phone,.. and then ask her to turn it off.

If she won't comply then you simply tell her that if she values the relationship and conversation with her phone over dinner/lunch/coffee then that's fine,.. and then get up and leave her in the solitary and charming company of her electronic companion.

If she switches off the device before you can leave the table then you've just established an important maxim in your relationship. If not,.. leave with a smile on your face and seek another "non-addict" GF in the ever plentiful sea of willing females awaiting your favor!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

People bitching about others using their telephones. Just go and make some new friends, if you can.

You will be very hard pressed to find a Thai girl who doesn't use her phone more than engaging in an intelligent conversation. That's the problem.

If you want an intelligent conversation with a thai girl you need to find one who is born in a western country and have education there. coffee1.gif

On a serious note, reference the use of portable devices, the next time you are in the departure lounge at either airport in Bkk, take a quick look around and try to spot the 'normal' people who are having verbal conversations with each other.

I really do find it amazing that even people sitting next to each other appear to be talking to each other on-line. The wife has smartphone & tablet, with her FB, Line, Linkin, etc. but isn't (Yet) dependent on the interaction. IMHO, nothing wrong with the apps being used for what they were created for as long as the person using them understands the world won't stop if the are ignored for a couple of hours.

One of my favourite photos my GF has, is of her and her group of about seven friends at dinner on their weekend away. It had been at least a year since they had all been able to catch up and they had 2 days together.

In the photo every one of them is texting or doing something on their phones.

If I took a girl to eat and she was more interested in her phone she would be wearing the food.

We went out for a family lunch last week and near to us was a table of "twenty-something" females all having lunch together.

I watched the dialogue and body language which consisted of each one of the five of them being glued to their phones the entire time (about 30 minutes we were there).

There was ZERO conversation between them and just a string of giggles occasionally as they happened on something that amused them.

I imagine that when their lunch was over they said something like "oh yeah... its been great catching up with you guys again,... look forward to the next lunch..bye!"

Really brings out the best in people.

Next to texting in traffic from behind the wheel of a Prius, the best places from which to text seem to be at the threshold of a BTS doorway, halfway up a BTS stairway, or from either the top or the bottom of pretty well any shopping mall escalator . . . . . . and anyone who's actually trying to get somewhere can wait.

It's just as bad in the west.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

My "kid" (twenty ;-) has a trick with her smartphone.

She's told her boyfriend that NO, there'll be no sex just yet but any time they're out and about together she'll turn off her phone for him.

For now, he actually seems ok with conversation.

Who is she chatting with, her girl friends, Thai guys, farang ? My guess is all three but I could be wrong. Also I would think she is playing games and looking her Facebook.

Prior to getting my own iPhone I did not understand why people spend so many hours glued to their phones, now I understand. In my case I check my emails, read the news, check out TV, do my banking, look Facebook, chat on Line and many other things. If i want to know about anything i have instant access to the web to do my research. I do not play games which many of these girls Spend many hours a day doing. If I am totally bored I could spend 6 hours or more in a day on my phone.

I do however make it a point to avoid being on my phone when I am with someone as that is totally rude. I have no time for rude people !!!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I really need to ask...

You guessed all 3 "Who is she chatting with, her girl friends, Thai guys, farang ? My guess is all three but I could be wrong".... How did you get to that conclusion... (you left an escape clause afterwards I see...)

Everyone has a history ..... Sometimes the past comes to visit

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Not just in Thailand. Seems the same everywhere. And not just females.

Not just females, no. In my gym, the majority of the [Thai] guys spend more time on/with their tablets and phones than actually exercising.

Dont get me started.

A friend just demoted his junior executive ( by $US 25,000 a year!) because he would not desist from playing with his phone during meetings .

The guy just accepted it .

Its just as bad or worse in the West...

My wife is not addicted to the phone, in fact she has a simple Samsung model, but one thing I will never understand is why she has to talk to her friend for half an hour when they are meeting each other one hour later!!wacko.png.pagespeed.ce.jGW10VtQsI.png

People bitching about others using their telephones. Just go and make some new friends, if you can.

Actually Somchai this is people bitching about being prioritized to the bottom of the list by brainless meat-puppets.

I once went for coffee with a Thai lady to talk about opening up a restaurant together (we also had a bit of a thing going on). Her phone constantly kept ringing and she would spend a long time chatting with each call. I asked her to tell them she will call back later as we were talking business, but she paid no attention. This was outside Ca-&lt;deleted&gt; (Big C) Pattaya. While she was talking on one of her calls I nodded to her that I was going to the toilet, instead I got two Baht bus taxis back to View Talay Jomtien which took about 40 mins. As I was walking into the building she called me to ask where I had gone, I told her I was at home in my condo....it took her 45 mins. to notice I wasn't there.

When ever anything similar happened after that with different ladies, I simply apologize to them for boring them and get up and leave. People can only treat you like s- - - if you allow them to.

Amazing. I had a similar experience with a so called (educated gal with car) working for a high end french baker in thailand. met her at an international restaurant / food show at impact. she was quite forward. we met for dinner and she spent 90 % of time on social phone calls with friends. in my opinion they do not do it intentionally to piss you off, they are literally not even aware they are doing anything socially incorrect. lack very elemental "awareness" not only in that but across the board often (exceptions duly noted)

Isn't socially incorrect among that generation any more than wiggling hips to black music was to to 60's youths.

Doesn't mean you have to tolerate it in your own close relationships, but that's your personal preference not because it's inherently "wrong", it just isn't anymore.

Yes Amigo, and makes me crazy.

But many times when I say: "You will see I throw out your fffing phone" she shows she talks with our employees about work.

&lt;deleted&gt; may I say?

I once went for coffee with a Thai lady to talk about opening up a restaurant together (we also had a bit of a thing going on). Her phone constantly kept ringing and she would spend a long time chatting with each call. I asked her to tell them she will call back later as we were talking business, but she paid no attention. This was outside Ca-&lt;deleted&gt; (Big C) Pattaya. While she was talking on one of her calls I nodded to her that I was going to the toilet, instead I got two Baht bus taxis back to View Talay Jomtien which took about 40 mins. As I was walking into the building she called me to ask where I had gone, I told her I was at home in my condo....it took her 45 mins. to notice I wasn't there.

When ever anything similar happened after that with different ladies, I simply apologize to them for boring them and get up and leave. People can only treat you like s- - - if you allow them to.

Amazing. I had a similar experience with a so called (educated gal with car) working for a high end french baker in thailand. met her at an international restaurant / food show at impact. she was quite forward. we met for dinner and she spent 90 % of time on social phone calls with friends. in my opinion they do not do it intentionally to piss you off, they are literally not even aware they are doing anything socially incorrect. lack very elemental "awareness" not only in that but across the board often (exceptions duly noted)

I would never make any business these idiot women even they are high so, high educated or &lt;deleted&gt;-ever.

My "favorite" image when those high so girl just killed 9-10 people in high-way accident in BKK a couple of years ago with-out any license (of course the case is full silent now) and she has started to chat next to the wrecked car. I guess no lower than it, this was the bottom.

just the other day

I took my girlfriend and her two early teen age daughters

out for a nice dinner in a proper resturaunt overlooking the sea at Kata Noi.

Sat down menu's not even hit the table and the teen's phones out and head phones on.

Tried explaining to Thai telak about phone manners and not polite to do at dinner table etc etc....

She did ask them to stop put them away,

the older girl ignored her just kept tunning out,

the younger girl off'ed the phone but sat there and pouted untill I gave up and turned on her phone and forced her to use it..grrrrrrr

Reuined the whole dinner atmosphere and needless to say if we ever go out to eat again which is doughtful.....

THE PHONES WILL STAY HOME

The more interesting you are, the less time she will spend on the phone. But if you and old fart who some how thinks you are Gods gift to Thai women, I don't like your chances.

You could try taking her shopping .... 24/7

Well i have come to the conclusion that most Thai girls are brain dead,as it has been said take her out for a meal and she is more interested in her mobile than a conversation with you,this shows her bad manners if she has any,i live with a Thai lady and it doing my head in to be woken up at 5am by her mother for a chat,please note she is never chatting with farang and always lets me listen in if i want to,but there addiction to a mobile i can never understand and probably never will,the other night i went for a drink and in the bar there are 8 girls there 6 were using mobiles or playing games plus i notice they all have the best and most expensive ones ...I GIVE UP.

You will be very hard pressed to find a Thai girl who doesn't use her phone more than engaging in an intelligent conversation. That's the problem.

Sorry Khun Loong. I Googled your comment but kept getting:

"Do you mean? >>>You will be very hard pressed to find a Thai girl who uses her phone to engage in anything resembling intelligent conversation. That's the problem."<<<<<

When we are out her phone stays in her purse. When we are at home she plays games on it. I don't mind if she is playing games or chatting while at the house. Drives me nuts when people do it at the dinner table face down looking at phones playing games ect... What ever happened to pre dinner time conversation over cocktails!

hahaha good one. I believe it died out in the 1930's and is now only seen in Hollywood movies.