We favour a democratic Lanna republic, Chiang Mai group says

Lite Beer

Did caretaker-PM Yingluck yet make any comment, about her supporters' actions, on Friday in her home town of Sankampaeng ? blink.png

Surely at least a brief-statement, or a Facebook-post, I must have missed over the week-end ?

this people so stupid.

go away from my country please !!

"These people are so stupid". As a Thai citizen, I would appreciate it if you and your lot left my country too! You are ignorant, bring nothing but trouble, and you speak in double-tongues. Elections are *critical* to democracy, Khun Kwai Lueung; the opposite form of government - unelected panels - are *always* associated with authoritarian regimes (aka dictatorships). I honestly don't understand why you guys don't simply move to Laos or Burma: countries that already embrace your political ideology! Wouldn't that be easier?

I am ashamed to say that some of my family members associate themselves with your group. I no longer consider myself related! You disgust me.

- Samui Lucas

My thai wife laugh when she read you post

First she agree with you

but second she said you do not speak like a thai

You speak like a falang pretending to be Thai

So I ask her does that make you a FAKE THAI

ooops I said the wrong thing we are still not talking

Ponchi is a fake Thai - he talk like Chinese man try talk English language, same same. He is from the US I guess.

Guess? I could guess that you are Lao or Khmer or Russian. Guessing is another word for "I don't know, but I'll take a stab at it, and if i hurt someone...".

this people so stupid.

"These people are so stupid". As a Thai citizen, I would appreciate it if you and your lot left my country too! You are ignorant, bring nothing but trouble, and you speak in double-tongues. Elections are *critical* to democracy, Khun Kwai Lueung; the opposite form of government - unelected panels - are *always* associated with authoritarian regimes (aka dictatorships). I honestly don't understand why you guys don't simply move to Laos or Burma: countries that already embrace your political ideology! Wouldn't that be easier?

I am ashamed to say that some of my family members associate themselves with your group. I no longer consider myself related! You disgust me.

- Samui Lucas

First she agree with you

Believe it or not, outside you house and wife, there are actually a lot of Thais that do speak English, almost like a native speaker, so unlike Ponchi who is probably a fake Thai with his ridiculous use of the language and bigoted comments, give the guy a break.

• Like 2

Did caretaker-PM Yingluck yet make any comment, about her supporters' actions, on Friday in her home town of Sankampaeng ? blink.png

Surely at least a brief-statement, or a Facebook-post, I must have missed over the week-end ?

Nothing, nada, zip, zilch etc, etc

Maybe she doesn't want to feed the trolls! Nutters on both sides OMG!

this people so stupid.

- Samui Lucas

First she agree with you

Ponchi is a fake Thai - he talk like Chinese man try talk English language, same same. He is from the US I guess.

Guess? I could guess that you are Lao or Khmer or Russian. Guessing is another word for "I don't know, but I'll take a stab at it, and if i hurt someone...".

this people so stupid.

- Samui Lucas

First she agree with you

Does your Thai wife realise how badly she has insulted her own ethnic group, by implying that Thais are somehow incapable of learning English properly?

I can speak Thai well enough to pass for a native speaker on the phone, does that make me a fake farang?

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hmmm….landlocked country with hostile neighbour controlling all the trade and transport links. Yep, that'll work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It would not be land locked, would control much of the raw product Bangkok needs to function water, labor, electrical power, rice etc.

You must have not understood what was stated, if Bangkok wanted an "appointed dictatorship", which most of democratic Thailand will not agree to!

Cheers

Of course it would be land-locked, i haven't noticed a sea anywhere near the North or North East, have you? As for "raw products" eg labour.......this would be drawn from the mid and southern regions, in turn creating mass unemployment in the Lanna republic leading to increased crime. Water can be easily stored with a few new reservoirs, Isaan is a low fall area anyway, didn't you see the problems they had last year in some areas? Imports come in through Bangkok, so no problem there. As for rice, yes maybe there would be a few initial problems, but there are vast areas in the mid and south that could be utilised quite easily to grow the crop. This would no doubt be assisted by govt. grants and subsidies for new farmers. Electricity can be imported y'know, until new power staions are built, ok the prices may rise for a while but most would cope with that. When the Lanna start to feel the pinch their attitudes would change dramatically. After all, what's next ? Will they then decide that all the expats are surplus to requirements, or will they move out on their own after they have been burgled and robbed a few times. Ask yourself...............could a Lanna republic be self financing? Even Dubai money wouldn't keep millions of poor people forever. .

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."

I'm starting to think no one in this country actually knows (or at least understands) what Democracy actually is ! They all seem to think it means "You get to vote, but only if you vote for me and I get absolute power and can do anything I want and don't have to answer to you, the people that were foolish enough to vote for me."

[...] you're evil and anything you do is evil and I can do whatever I want to you because my version is the right one."

[... ]they become mindless sheep. [...]

This is history repeating itself and for similar reasons. [...]

It's definitely not the Westminster system.

Between the culture and the laws (it seems) the average person has no means of speaking out against injustice or corruption - especially if the other person has "power" (or is older, a nicer car, a bigger house or a good name etc).

Justice works differently for different people, has expensive hobbies, and doesn't like talking about it.

It's subjugation through fear.

The end result is people bottle their rage, pick a side, and project all these emotions at the "other" as soon as the situation presents itself.

From what I understand, sitting MP's do have immunity, and can do anything they want, and don't have to answer to anyone. If you're drinking while on the take and get caught, you might get a 5 year ban.

So, much like children that have no boundaries or discipline imposed on them, voters come home every few years, the place is trashed and one or two of the chores were done before it was all forgotten.

There's no accountability or transparency. The media couldn't (in the interest of the greater good) expose a crime with detail, show proof and name names.... because... hey if someone's got immunity why stop there? facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

Here we have "my democracy is better than your democracy" and "your laws are unfair because they benefit you and me and I only want them to benefit me" and "it's OK for us to call you uncomplimentary names, but if you do the same we're going to sulk and threaten to secede" !

I agree that there's an undercurrent of selfishness and a total inability to deal with criticism.

There's not equality under the law. Unfair. Not up for debate, but the other football team's supporters are fair game.

Having a rational discussion about the causes of a recurring problem, and ways to stop it happening again is constructive. I really wonder how a complete disregard for consequence embedded itself in the culture.

• Like 1

this people so stupid.

- Samui Lucas

First she agree with you

Does your Thai wife realise how badly she has insulted her own ethnic group, by implying that Thais are somehow incapable of learning English properly?

I can speak Thai well enough to pass for a native speaker on the phone, does that make me a fake farang?

Lol, bet you can't order mermaids by phone.

Edited by rabas

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Now that's North Korean style!

"No doubt they would bring Thaksin back as their democratic elected leader for life, succeeded by his son." Where do they come up with this garbage? So what if a guy wins two or three elections in a row? Totally normal, and natural occurance: look at any G8 country! Give us a party other than the Democrats as an opposition: I'm sure there are plenty of able-minded citizens like myself who would vote that party in so this mess can go away! And why, exactly, are we comparing Thailand and North Korea? I don't see millions of starving people. C'mon, man....

Well, they took the farmer's rice and then didn't pay them for it. It the kind of thing the North Korean government does, isn't it?

I come from a G8 country and we haven't had a rich tycoon, his brother in law, and then his sister being Prime Minister in near succession to each other. If you don't think Thaksin's ambition was to be PM/President for life, regardless of any laws he might have broken, you weren't paying attention from 2001-2006.

If they had let the elections roll normally, and the Democrat opposition would stop sucking up to the military like they have been since 1946, we wouldn't be in this situation. Let TRT/Puea Thai or whatever incarnation of theirs finish their term, and vote for someone else! If they don't get out, then *that* is when you have the protests. It certainly doesn't help that the *corrupt to the core* Election Commission shreds the legitimacy of everyone but the Dems. I was there in 2001, and from 2004-2010. I was at the protests. I had f***ing bullets shot at me. My vending machines got shot up with bullet-fire. I lost my company over the mess! That's what the mandarins and their yellow supporters hailed on us.

Agree to disagree, but I can see where you're coming from... screw Thaksin and his sister! I could care less. I just wish people would stop messing with the electoral process!

Just to help you out

The protest was not about the electoral process

It was about Yingluck giving her brother a :Get Out Of Jail Free Card :

As Taskin is very cunning this amendment still is active and if they get back in with in the 180 days thay can pass this amendment with out any stopping their dictatrorship

The fact Yingluck refused to cancel this amendment totally and has if floating around still, is why the Thai people had a protest

Now does that make nay sense to you, nothing to do with the electoral Process

• Like 1

Hmmm.landlocked country with hostile neighbour controlling all the trade and transport links. Yep, that'll work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It would not be land locked, would control much of the raw product Bangkok needs to function water, labor, electrical power, rice etc.

You must have not understood what was stated, if Bangkok wanted an "appointed dictatorship", which most of democratic Thailand will not agree to!

Cheers

Kimoman, you simply confirm why people from bangkok call the northerners stupid. Did you not learn anything at all from the rice scam. Thaksin thought he could manipulate market prices by storing up rice. Now tell me, how is that going?

You cannot control the price of a commodity that anyone is able to supply.

The products you mention such as cheap labour, rice and electricity can be supplied by anyone from anywhere, so no, the north does not control any of that. Yes, they are currently supplying it, but the day they stop or raise the price, Thailands neighbours are more than eager to step in, as the rice scheme has so clearly shown.

As for water, unless you plan to block the rivers, I am not sure how the north controls that. And if you do indeed plan to block them, I suggest you prepare for some serious flooding.

What worries me the most is that many northerners likely "think" like you :-)

And if the north releases all of the water to flood bangkok they will have a drought for the next 6 months.

this people so stupid.

- Samui Lucas

First she agree with you

TV Hub of fake Thais. coffee1.gif

But more troubling was the fact he had to ask his thai wife this..

And how would as thai wife know what a thai writing in English sounds like anyway or a farang trying to sound thai ?.....I think both posters are bullshitting

Are people superior to water buffaloes?

Here is a partial list of things which people do, but water buffaloes don't do:

>>> mass armies and kill others

>>> destroy their environment

>>> toss trash everywhere, and toxidify water, land and air

>>> put on bomb belts and blow up innocents.

>>> people are engrossed with self-tormentation (a.k.a. depression) via their complex thinking systems.

>>> people do drugs and jump out of tall buildings.

if you ask me, calling people buffaloes is denigrating to buffaloes, except buffaloes aren't afflicted with getting offended, as people are - so it's a moot point.

"...and warned actors and singers supporting the anti-government People Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) that Chiang Mai people do not welcome them."

Let's create some borders and close our minds.

So, is this basically one of those separatist groups who want it all their own way, as usual? They want to reap all the benefits of nationalism that suit them but also have the power and autonomy to reject any of it they don't like? Basically do what other can't. That is to have their cake and eat it too. Sorry, but life just doesn't work that way. You've got to take the good with the bad. The French Canadians have been trying to do this for ages but they have never succeeded.

If they insist on going further, just tell them to let us know about their new system of government. new currency, new....etc. Thaksin and Yingluck can be President and First Lady, in some perverse type of union. They can give everyone a new car and pay $5000 a tonne for rice in attempt to corner the market. They can also travel the world shopping to their heart's content, knowing that the loyal Redlanders are all being good and honest subjects. Then the fairy godmother will come and sprinkle magic dust on everyone, and life will be sanook, sanook, and more sanook without that nasty reality stuff ever getting in the way.

The French-Canadians used separation as a tool for leverage, in an effort to protect their culture: a right granted by the Quebec Act of 1774. Anyway, that whole debate is soooo 1995. Separation isn't a hot topic in Quebec anymore, and hasn't been for some time already.

The issue in Thailand is much more heated and intense, and the contributing factors are nothing like those in Canada. That being said, I agree that the creation of a land-locked autonomous region is - in my opinion - complete and utter lunacy.

this people so stupid.

- Samui Lucas

First she agree with you

Get off your white horse mate, if two people of the same ethnic group want to slag each other off let them be....white western males of the same ethnic group slag each other daily on TV

Besides what gives you the right to decide what is a "cultural" insult your not even Thai....another thaier than thai farang now telling thai,s what is insulting in THEIR culture... Fing hysterical

• Like 1

there are a few families in America (probably elsewhere also) who set up an 'Independent State' on their individual properties. Sometimes the property is on 5 acres (12.5 rai). They give it a name, appoint themselves 'ruler for life'. They might also issue stamps, get a coat of arms painted, issue money. Local authorities don't pay them any mind. The hot air balloon in Chiang Mai should declare his little property 'Dem. Lanna Rep.' or whatever. He can dress up like a lanna king and stroll all around his 2,000 sq.M kingdom, with a sceptor - issuing edicts. It might become a tourist attraction.

- Samui Lucas

First she agree with you

TV Hub of fake Thais. coffee1.gif

But more troubling was the fact he had to ask his thai wife this..

And how would as thai wife know what a thai writing in English sounds like anyway or a farang trying to sound thai ?.....I think both posters are bullshitting

Do I need to send you scanned copies of my identification and birth certificate too? And a picture of me holding it? I'll happily give you my mother's phone number if you really want to verify, but she's not gonna be happy to hear that you're accusing me of being a *fake* Thai. I've already posted my docs on here once: for all to see. You know what was disturbing? Between tezzainoz and his Thai wife, they couldn't figure out that there's only one Thai guy who has the name "Lucas Lopatka". My Dad's Canadian, and my Mom's Thai. I was born on Ko Samui. It says so on my papers. I do not see what part of this is so hard to understand. Geez, like I'm just on here trying to participate in a discussion about something that concerns me, and I get slammed for projecting myself as who I am? My parents are involved in the tourism industry, and our family is deeply affected by this turn of events. Our renters are disappearing in droves, and our extended family is split by ideology. Seriously, what gives these haters the right to *tell* me where I'm from?

Edited by llopatka
  • Like 1

Ouch ... perhaps the hamster's on a day-off ? wink.png

Yay for Red erm ... Support for the Constitution ! laugh.png

• Like 1

I am surprised how much they want to keep the country in one piece. We here derogarory posts about red buffaloes, lazy farmers, drunks, one Bangkok vote should be worth 3,000 isaan votes etc.

This is the majority of the country here, the region that provieds most factory workers, drivers, hotel staff, maids for Bangkok rich to exploit. Also produce all the rice and most fruit and veg for exports.

About time BKK learend to recognise they are people and vote how they like and about time these votes were respected.

Lanna would work better without BKK middle class, than BKK middle class would work without all the millions of Northerners working here.

Sure it is a fantasy and more from anger than anything else, but this anger and resentment is building. Lets hope they don't have to rise up to overturn a Junta.

A small hypothetical idea for you to consider.

If we can assume that all the northern people who work in Bangkok as maids, factory workers, drivers etc go back to the new Kingdom of Lanna what jobs will there be for them to earn money at? Where will they live and what will they do for a living?

The majority of them are down in BKK because there is NO work for them in the north. No work means no money for food, schooling, living etc.

Do you think that the hotels and the rich people cannot replace them from elsewhere?

Do you think that the factories will relocate to the north?

Where will all the revenue come from to replace the funding from central government?

Will the rice farmers still get 40% more for their rice that can't even be sold now let alone in the state of Lanna.

The Thais in BKK and the rest of Thailand will simply import it cheaper.

How will they stop the rivers from flowing to the south and what responsibility will the state of Lanna take if one of the dams breaks killing hundreds of people and flooding millions of hectares?

Think about it and come back with a sensible reply please.

• Like 1

I am surprised how much they want to keep the country in one piece. We here derogarory posts about red buffaloes, lazy farmers, drunks, one Bangkok vote should be worth 3,000 isaan votes etc.

This is the majority of the country here, the region that provieds most factory workers, drivers, hotel staff, maids for Bangkok rich to exploit. Also produce all the rice and most fruit and veg for exports.

About time BKK learend to recognise they are people and vote how they like and about time these votes were respected.

Lanna would work better without BKK middle class, than BKK middle class would work without all the millions of Northerners working here.

Sure it is a fantasy and more from anger than anything else, but this anger and resentment is building. Lets hope they don't have to rise up to overturn a Junta.

A small hypothetical idea for you to consider.

If we can assume that all the northern people who work in Bangkok as maids, factory workers, drivers etc go back to the new Kingdom of Lanna what jobs will there be for them to earn money at? Where will they live and what will they do for a living?

The majority of them are down in BKK because there is NO work for them in the north. No work means no money for food, schooling, living etc.

Do you think that the hotels and the rich people cannot replace them from elsewhere?

Do you think that the factories will relocate to the north?

Where will all the revenue come from to replace the funding from central government?

Will the rice farmers still get 40% more for their rice that can't even be sold now let alone in the state of Lanna.

The Thais in BKK and the rest of Thailand will simply import it cheaper.

How will they stop the rivers from flowing to the south and what responsibility will the state of Lanna take if one of the dams breaks killing hundreds of people and flooding millions of hectares?

Think about it and come back with a sensible reply please.

I wouldn't count on receiving one soon as it is nigh impossible to twist this one around (in a sensible fashion)!!!

• Like 1