Soldiers arrested in Nakhon Si Thammarat

Lite Beer

Suthep has been targeting police stations, grenades have been fired at cmpo, Suthep has hired military personnel. Soldiers and seals have been arrested at check points. I think these guys are possibly linked to and loyal to Suthep why would they be intimidating the police?

I suppose we could start generalising and blame red shirts when ever a building gets burnt down.

• Like 1

I thought Suthep's idiots were unarmed and peace love people, running around with M16s and letting of a few rounds contradicts this theory.

<deleted>? How do RTA soldiers get to be Suthep's idiots?

How do the seals, they are hired and paid.

The latter group seem to be a bit more restrained, than some of the people who are loose on the streets. This includes anyones, thugs, want to be rambos, the RTP, and a portion of the population who think their status give them a right to carry weapons.

Weapons in the hands of the untrained, thugs and want to be thugs has and will in most cases, result in bloodshed, its just too bad that it is in many cases, the innocents who are the casulaties.

I thought Suthep's idiots were unarmed and peace love people, running around with M16s and letting of a few rounds contradicts this theory.

<deleted>? How do RTA soldiers get to be Suthep's idiots?

By just blurting it unintelligently without justification, evidence, or logical thought.

Suthep has been targeting police stations, grenades have been fired at cmpo, Suthep has hired military personnel. Soldiers and seals have been arrested at check points. I think these guys are possibly linked to and loyal to Suthep why would they be intimidating the police?

Did you actually read the article? The reporter stated a possible reason .. it could also have been a stress release. I'm not sure how long these Army fellows stay in an active service area but I'm sure it's not a walk in the park.

The Thai police riot squads were complaining about being sent to Bkk for more than a month...put things into perspective!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Firing military weapons in a public place while drunk. Sounds about right.

Court martial offence with imprisonment in a military prison, but will it happen?

Send your answers on a postcard to the usual address.

that 's still the address on Mars right ?

(at best they get sent to Pattani or Narratiwat where they can shoot on muslims while drunk)...

Characterizing these as renegade, drunken idiots is just some more PAD-Dem's trying to deny the presence of the military in their protest ranks.

Same as yesterday's report about rifle fire at the home of a Protest leader and magically not hitting anyone. The military types with popcorn bags over guns, and other explosive stuff clearly needing both military type training and resources. Navy Seal involvement that could not be denied, but quickly deep-sixed....Certainly no judicial condemnation or actioning for self-evident reasons.

All of it designed to create havoc and insinuate blame on the UDD/RS/PTP....who know better than to contribute to this coup-monger idiocy.

But miraculously, the anti-UDD/RS/PTP media avoids getting their 'shirt in a knot' over it and actively hides this stuff, or tries to change the subject to the police ....They know about it, but show their Elitist colors by writing about it in minimalist ways with quick diversion to other stuff, especially the police. ......If in the unlikely event they were ever able to confirm a Red Shirt with a smoking gun in their hand, can you imagine the self-righteous and indignant headlines.

That said, I understand that there is also a lot of financial thievery occurring when these so-called coup-monger guards stop vehicles for so-called inspection.

I have also heard the Chulalongkorn University is a greater nerve center for these protests than the media admits to, in their ongoing efforts to hide the violence and aggrandize the protesters...Even to the extent that the user-friendly judiciary states with a straight face these protesters are non-violent, so don't bother them.

Chulalongkorn University has what is termed a so-called 'war room" but also provides material and comfort support in many ways using their resources at the behest of the coup-mongers.

All of this obviously from UDD/RS sources....One wouldn't read about it in the coup-monger, sympathetic media.

So you are convinced that these weren't just ordinary, drunken soldiers, but must be drunken PAD supporting soldiers? Anything in the article supporting that, other than the fact that they threw firecrackers (or fired shots) in front of a police station while drunk? Or are you just convinced that all soldiers are PAD members? Don't dismiss the possibility (likelihood) that they were just drunk soldiers acting idiotically. Happens the world over.

• Like 1

JRSoul, on 02 Mar 2014 - 07:39, said:
Fryslan boppe, on 02 Mar 2014 - 07:35, said:

Characterizing these as renegade, drunken idiots is just some more PAD-Dem's trying to deny the presence of the military in their protest ranks.

Same as yesterday's report about rifle fire at the home of a Protest leader and magically not hitting anyone. The military types with popcorn bags over guns, on and on.

All of it designed to create havoc and insinuate blame on the UDD/RS/PTP....who know better than to contribute to this coup-monger idiocy.

But miraculously, the anti-UDD/RS/PTP media avoids getting their 'shirt in a knot' over it and actively hides this stuff....They know about it, but show their Elitist colors in never writing about it. ......If in the unlikely event they were ever able to confirm a Red Shirt with a smoking gun in their hand, can you imagine the self-righteous and indignant headlines.

That said, I understand that there is also a lot of financial thievery occurring when these so-called coup-monger guards stop vehicles for so-called inspection.

I have also heard the Chulalongkorn University is a greater nerve center for these protests than the media admits to, in their ongoing efforts to hide the violence and aggrandize the protesters...Even to the extent that the user-friendly judiciary states with a straight face these protesters are non-violent, so don't bother them.

Chulalongkorn University has what is termed a so-called 'war room" but also provides material and comfort support in many ways using their resources at the behest of the coup-mongers.

All of this obviously from UDD/RS sources....One wouldn't read about it in the coup-monger, sympathetic media.

What is wrong with you? Nakhon Si is about 800km from BKK and this incident has nothing to do with Suthep or the protests.

And the shots weren't fired at the home of a protest leader, they were fired at the home of her elderly mother. More intimidation with less risk for the heroes of the Red Revolution.

Excellent. A classic example of double standards. Whilst denying these soldiers are anything to do with sutheps rallies (which they aren't, unless we hear differently from reliable sources) you immediately put the blame on the red shirts with no proof whatsoever, just your "gut feeling" that "it must be the Reds" because unidentified gunmen fired on the home of the mother of one of the PDRC Leaders who blew whistles at Pojaman!

And you don't even realize you're doing it. Amazing!

Changing the subject again? But I'll bite; you give me a list of possible groups who would feel the need to shoot up the house of an elderly lady, and the forum can rate the probability of each.

Do I KNOW it was red shirts? No

Would I bet a testicle on it? Yes.

• Like 2

JRSoul, on 02 Mar 2014 - 07:39, said:

Fryslan boppe, on 02 Mar 2014 - 07:35, said:

Same as yesterday's report about rifle fire at the home of a Protest leader and magically not hitting anyone. The military types with popcorn bags over guns, on and on.

But miraculously, the anti-UDD/RS/PTP media avoids getting their 'shirt in a knot' over it and actively hides this stuff....They know about it, but show their Elitist colors in never writing about it. ......If in the unlikely event they were ever able to confirm a Red Shirt with a smoking gun in their hand, can you imagine the self-righteous and indignant headlines.

What is wrong with you? Nakhon Si is about 800km from BKK and this incident has nothing to do with Suthep or the protests.

And the shots weren't fired at the home of a protest leader, they were fired at the home of her elderly mother. More intimidation with less risk for the heroes of the Red Revolution.

Excellent. A classic example of double standards. Whilst denying these soldiers are anything to do with sutheps rallies (which they aren't, unless we hear differently from reliable sources) you immediately put the blame on the red shirts with no proof whatsoever, just your "gut feeling" that "it must be the Reds" because unidentified gunmen fired on the home of the mother of one of the PDRC Leaders who blew whistles at Pojaman!

Changing the subject again? But I'll bite; you give me a list of possible groups who would feel the need to shoot up the house of an elderly lady, and the forum can rate the probability of each.

Brave man.

these idiots need to be courtmartialled if they actually did fire the rifles and not throw fire crackers as stated. The other problem here are the police, they SHOT out the rear tyres of the truck, the soldiers supposedly fired into the air so no one would be injured but the police fired at the truck and the police are all hopeless shots so how many bullets ricocheted around the streets/houses. Seems very heavy handed and extremely dangerous for anyone in the area. The police would also need to be draged in for this episode for being such fools and hot heads, especially when the "soldiers" were not returning fire but simply driving away so what was the need to shoot at them risking death or were the police hoping to score some revenge.

ive often seen american police chases on tv where they decided to shoot out the tyres ,its pretty normal there

what amazes me the most is the army didnt shoot back ,even a few warning shots the police would have abandoned the chase

they couldnt go up against military firepower if the soldiers chose not be to arrested

whybother, on 02 Mar 2014 - 09:58, said:whybother, on 02 Mar 2014 - 09:58, said:
chooka, on 02 Mar 2014 - 09:33, said:chooka, on 02 Mar 2014 - 09:33, said:

I suppose we could start generalising and blame red shirts when ever a building gets burnt down.

It happens all the time on here, I thought you would have noticed, but perhaps not. In fact if there is a mere mention in any article of fire in any form, the tired old clichés are dragged out.

There is no "suppose" about it, generalisations are made all the time. Case in point - Post #45 by j rsoul.

Edited by fab4

JRSoul, on 02 Mar 2014 - 13:50, said:JRSoul, on 02 Mar 2014 - 13:50, said:
fab4, on 02 Mar 2014 - 09:07, said:fab4, on 02 Mar 2014 - 09:07, said:
JRSoul, on 02 Mar 2014 - 07:39, said:JRSoul, on 02 Mar 2014 - 07:39, said:JRSoul, on 02 Mar 2014 - 07:39, said:

You are getting beyond parody. I point out the hypocrisy in your post and you accuse me of changing the subject. How does that work?

Edited by fab4

Same as yesterday's report about rifle fire at the home of a Protest leader and magically not hitting anyone. The military types with popcorn bags over guns, and other explosive stuff clearly needing both military type training and resources. Navy Seal involvement that could not be denied, but quickly deep-sixed....Certainly no judicial condemnation or actioning for self-evident reasons.

But miraculously, the anti-UDD/RS/PTP media avoids getting their 'shirt in a knot' over it and actively hides this stuff, or tries to change the subject to the police ....They know about it, but show their Elitist colors by writing about it in minimalist ways with quick diversion to other stuff, especially the police. ......If in the unlikely event they were ever able to confirm a Red Shirt with a smoking gun in their hand, can you imagine the self-righteous and indignant headlines.

Seems the soldiers are learning from the Reds...they weren't bullets they were firing...just firecrackers.

What a crock, no post stated any documentation that my post was wrong!

Again I will state, during the length of the protest I have not come across any active duty soldiers (free lance loose cannons) helping the government, all have been charged on implied to be in support of the Protesters, The three soldiers implicated and arrest warrants issued for the attempted assassination of a Red Shirt leader, and the five navy seals also arrested for being armed and in possession of PDRC ID cards and the last seal team admitted that they worked for PDRC famous loose cannon security guards.

The Seal commanding officer offered an alibi for the first seal team arrested and publicly tried to blame the attacks on Cambodians, A poster documented a Southern private militia group with a series of post with documents and in the pictures could be IDed always wearing black scarves.

Yet the yellows try to make it seem like it is the Red shirts that are the violent one, what a bunch of clueless clowns, The thread is about soldiers being arrested for firing rounds by a police station, and yellow supporters tried to find fault in the police response to the shooting, not wise to shot out the tires of a truck load of soldiers with war weapons.

I believe the police did not know they were armed to the teeth drunk soldiers until after they arrested them!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

Seems the soldiers are learning from the Reds...they weren't bullets they were firing...just firecrackers.

Never heard of anyone firing fire crackers out of the barrels of M-16s.

Firing military weapons in a public place while drunk. Sounds about right.

Court martial offence with imprisonment in a military prison, but will it happen?

Send your answers on a postcard to the usual address.

A bit harsh I think. (Imprisonment).

What the hell has this got top do with the OP?

As for the UDD / RS sources - please share a link - if it exists.

My guess is your UDD /RS sources are a couple of pissed up old men sitting on a street corner in some back water village bitterly complaining about life and how they haven't been paid for their rice yet.

Link your sources or put a sock in it Bob.

Actually, I live amongst them.....What I commented about was their verbal observations and opinions. What the media term "A source", without identification or linking.

Referencing military participation under the guise of providing security by the coup-mongers, has everything to do with the OP of soldiers acting out, outside their military engagements. Especially in the current environment where they are self-servingly aggrandized by some, while denigrating the Police.

To denigrate the people you reference in the quote ".... a couple of pissed up old men sitting on a street corner in some back water village bitterly complaining about life and how they haven't been paid for their rice yet" could perhaps be termed disrespectful of both the politicized UDD/RD's and the villages in which they live.

PAD-dem's continually make that mistake...Confusing educational levels with politicization. These people are politicized to the point they are fully aware of who acts in their interest, and who doesn't, and vote accordingly....The political opinions and votes of Educated Medical doctors, or academics as an example, are of no greater value then the people denigrated in above quote. The very essence of "one man-one vote" currently under attack in Thailand.

I agree that when it comes to published, TV or Internet quoted material, should be linked.

All of that IMHO.

Edited by Fryslan boppe