DSI to seek arrest warrant for Suthep on 99 counts of murder

webfact

Thaddeus, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:06, said:

The Army were being shot at, they shot back, some reds were not armed, but some were, and the Army were not equipped with Irom Man like targeting systems.

Or human decency, as plainly demonstrated when firing on unarmed Thais. Anyway, all will be revealed when abhisit and suthep explain the original ROE's and any subsequent ones issued when they defend themselves against murder charges, in court.

My, what am I saying?

Good question, I'm also wondering what you are saying.

Anyway back to an increased 99 counts of 'premeditated murder'. The DSI said last year to start with the easy cases, but it would seem they gave up and simply decided to charge Suthep as the most dangerous of the two. Imagine what would happen if the Pheu Thai pushes forward with a failed election and following tries to push their blanket amnesty bill again. I wonder if UDD leaders and red-shirts will again be able to forget and forgive their darling Yingluck and her brothers party?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why only 99 murder charges? How about the 300 bodies that Thaksin claimed live on Al Jazeera that had been discovered by his goons in a sunken shipping container in the gulf of Thailand. Or was that, like everything else his team have said, complete and utter borlocks?

• Like 1

Basically they accuse each over before one accuse the other one.

So they look for anything like lying, trahison, assassination, murder coup d état, déstabilisation, hijacking of government buildings, etc.

You can send to the red some crazy ideas.... I guess they will try anything to not lose face.

This shinawat lady should resign... before to become prime minister they should pass a test because her iq is sooooo low.

It s clear, shinawat is not interested by politic or well being of people. She is clueless and can not give a simple speech on her own except she go shopping after a meeting.

Who give a crap about her shopping habit. She thinks Thailand is interested by her gossips.... Well she may be right because this government is a total joke.

So let go shopping for cars, train, tablet and rice.... Without knowing the consequences on thailand except her brother is filling his pockets to buy people in her nasty system.

This is how I see the things here . it s so low... It can only collapse anyway. Hitler was better at lying.

Edited by Ihatenoiseinthailand

There is a clear distinction between the deaths in 2010 and the fatalities that have occurred during the current political unrest.

I would hold Suthep 'indirectly' responsible for the deaths of several innocent people by persistently fomenting violence between political factions

But 2010 was an entirely different situation. During those dark days the government, which included Suthep, appears to have ordered the use of live ammunition to quell the protests with tragic consequences

This forum would have gone berserk with outrage against Yingluck and her government if she had used such murderous tactics to silence Suthep and his mob of mercenaries

As far as I can see only Thaksin has been actually brought to book for allegedly 'fiscal' crime. Clearly, despite his popularity with the majority of voters, he lacked the support of important individuals in 'high places' who have always regarded him as jumped up nouveau riche

The inaptly named Democratic Party and it's splinter groups appear to enjoy a hidden immunity from any form of prosecution, so Suthep has little to worry about

"fomenting violence' ==> dare to protest against the darling's government ?

"live ammunition to quell protests" ==> The government should have given in the a grenade lobbing mob which was not only hiding within peaceful protesters, but even managed to be 'unseen' by them?

This forum would have gone berserk if Yingluck had ordered the police to be fully armed, as the anti-government protesters were basicly peaceful. Most shots and all grenade seem to be aimed at protesters, not at 'non-red-shirts' as in 2010.

Thaksin was only convicted once, because all other cases await his return to be able to start in court. Sorry, Thai law and so. As for 'nouveau rice', well maybe 'new elite' with an Amply Rice investment Funds on a tropical Island?

The Democratic party has no splinter groups, it's just misinformed people and other fools who like to suggest they have.

Apart from that nice post, welcome to that group of posters.

• Like 1

rubl, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:54, said:
fab4, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:45, said:

Update, now 22 posts since this morning.........

Well, since it seems you could find nothing you could really say about the contents of my posts, I'm happy for you you found another way to occupy your time.

When you write anything that's plainly wrong, pure supposition or controversial I might take an interest.

However, don't take the lack of a reply from me as approval for whatever point of view you happen to have at that time, it's more likely that I can't be bothered.

AKA you start fishing, but lose interest when the fish don't byte. Some might even call that trolling, or baiting, my dear chap.

• Like 1

I say arrest everyone involved in any political shootings in Thailand. That would include the leadership of both the reds and yellows, and probably several other factions. I am saying that it would improve anything, but it would clear the decks for a new deal.

fab4, on 03 Mar 2014 - 11:58, said:
whybother, on 03 Mar 2014 - 11:47, said:whybother, on 03 Mar 2014 - 11:47, said:
fab4, on 03 Mar 2014 - 11:40, said:fab4, on 03 Mar 2014 - 11:40, said:

You must have seen the CMPO rules of engagement then, the ones where they were told to use live rounds and target protesters? Snipers may have been deployed, when did they actually fire at people?

Are you suggesting that the police acted outside the rules of engagement?

I did see a video of a protester being shot. It certainly looked like a sniper could have been used for that.

Not at all, if the police were being shot at, as they were, I would expect the ROE to cover firing live rounds back.

Sniper firing at demonstrators - as expected, pure supposition, not fact as you presented it.

There is a huge difference between following ROE's and shooting when being shot at and the army stepping beyond the ROE and shooting unarmed people. No 180 involved.

What were the ROE for the police action 18th Feb 2014???

Update, now 22 posts since this morning.........

Well, since it seems you could find nothing you could really say about the contents of my posts, I'm happy for you you found another way to occupy your time.

Pathetic. It's time Mr. Tarit started packing his bags, because the house of cards is about to collapse...!!

RUBBISH! Suthep is a crimminal.

RUBBISH! TAKSIN and her sister are criminal.

Looks like round two of PTP trying to soften up Suthep and Abhisit, then start another set of Amnesty Bills. Didn't work last time and sure won't work this time. Tarit has been quiet for a while, now the protests are finishing, he suddenly got brave again. Expect the same from Chalerm quite soon

Sour grapes hahahahahacheesy.gif

There is a clear distinction between the deaths in 2010 and the fatalities that have occurred during the current political unrest.

I would hold Suthep 'indirectly' responsible for the deaths of several innocent people by persistently fomenting violence between political factions

But 2010 was an entirely different situation. During those dark days the government, which included Suthep, appears to have ordered the use of live ammunition to quell the protests with tragic consequences

This forum would have gone berserk with outrage against Yingluck and her government if she had used such murderous tactics to silence Suthep and his mob of mercenaries

As far as I can see only Thaksin has been actually brought to book for allegedly 'fiscal' crime. Clearly, despite his popularity with the majority of voters, he lacked the support of important individuals in 'high places' who have always regarded him as jumped up nouveau riche

The inaptly named Democratic Party and it's splinter groups appear to enjoy a hidden immunity from any form of prosecution, so Suthep has little to worry about

How is it different? In both cases authorities were allowed the use of live ammunition "with tragic consequences".

The Army were being shot at, they shot back, some reds were not armed, but some were, and the Army were not equipped with Irom Man like targeting systems.

Or human decency, as plainly demonstrated when firing on unarmed Thais. Anyway, all will be revealed when abhisit and suthep explain the original ROE's and any subsequent ones issued when they defend themselves against murder charges, in court.

My, what am I saying?

Why do the DSI need Abhisit or Suthep to explain the original ROE's?

Tharit was there he was a member of the committee that wrote and instigated them.. And now he is in STILL in charge of the DSI!

Its so the case takes FOREVER and he never has to do any jailtime for creating 'live fire zones' in the protest area, each 'murder will have to be examined, welcome to the thai legal system where the rich never goto jain for murder, how the redbull boy doin..

99 counts of murder? Why do the numbers keep increasing?

One difference is that Abhisit had a legal option to end the protests, he could have simply disolved the house and had the snap elections that the red shirts were demanding, they clearly said they would disperse if he disolved the house. Yingluck has no options to negotiate with the 'PDRC(PAD)' , they are demanding an illegal council run the country, she cannot legally allow that.

How is it different? In both cases authorities were allowed the use of live ammunition "with tragic consequences".

Look people, in everything that has been done since 2006, people have broken the law. The military coup was in violation of the constitution and any kind of judicial process. The airport takeover was in violation of laws, the red shirt protest went beyond the law, the PDRC protests have gone beyond the law. Everyone who took place in these events is guilty of something. IF the law worked in Thailand they would all be facing charges. Why bother to say one side is more guilty than the other. It is all about who wants control and how far they can go to get that control. As things stand, the PTP has been elected. It is the responsibility of the Democrats to bring forth charges that there is evidence in vote buying. Short of that trying to take over the government in the process now being tried by the PDRC is nothing more than an attempt at a coup. All illegal. Bring charges, bring proof of the illegal dealings, and make people change their opinions and vote differently. Suthep and the PDRC stopped the PTP from voting the amnesty bill. It worked. Time to stop the crap and negotiate "something" beneficial to the people.

• Like 1

One difference is that Abhisit had a legal option to end the protests, he could have simply disolved the house and had the snap elections that the red shirts were demanding, they clearly said they would disperse if he disolved the house. Yingluck has no options to negotiate with the 'PDRC(PAD)' , they are demanding an illegal council run the country, she cannot legally allow that.

That's no different either. Yingluck has the option of stepping down too. That doesn't mean it has to lead to the "people's council".

How can you say the red shirts are responsible for their own deaths? Don't people have a right to democracy? They got gunned down for asking for it with military weapons and it was Suthep who ordered that killing.

Suthep didn't order any killing.

Isn't it strange what I read a couple of times before on this forum:

"How can you say the PDRC protesters are responsible for their own deaths? Don't people have a right to democracy?"

Very strange considering they don't want democracy

rubl, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:35, said:
fab4, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:25, said:
Thaddeus, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:06, said:Thaddeus, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:06, said:

My, what am I saying?

Anyway back to an increased 99 counts of 'premeditated murder'. The DSI said last year to start with the easy cases, but it would seem they gave up and simply decided to charge Suthep as the most dangerous of the two. Imagine what would happen if the Pheu Thai pushes forward with a failed election and following tries to push their blanket amnesty bill again. I wonder if UDD leaders and red-shirts will again be able to forget and forgive their darling Yingluck and her brothers party?

It's plainly obvious what I'm saying. Do you need that explaining to you as well?

A number of posts containing comparisons to Hitler and Mussolini have been removed as these comparisons are inflammatory and hyperbolic in nature.

Other nonsense bickering posts and replies have been removed as well.

It's a comparison made by many leading academics including the Assembly for the Defense of Democracy who remain impartial.

I fail to see anything inflammatory or hyperbolic when I note that Suthep's peoples council is the exact same method that Mussolini used in his rise to dictator.

casualbiker, on 03 Mar 2014 - 16:23, said:casualbiker, on 03 Mar 2014 - 16:23, said:
fab4, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:25, said:fab4, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:25, said:

My, what am I saying?

Tharit was there he was a member of the committee that wrote and instigated them.. And now he is in STILL in charge of the DSI!

suthep and abhisit are accused of murder, you realize that right? Their defence is that they cannot be prosecuted because they are covered by the emergency decree which was conveniently brought into being 2 days before the first crackdown occurred on the 10th April and authorised the troops to carry and use live ammunition (despite the heartfelt denials at the time).

According to the Emergency Decree they cannot be prosecuted unless the ROE'S are shown to be an disproportionate response to the threat faced. That is for the courts to decide.

suthep signed off on the ROE's as head of CRES, abhisit was his boss and overall in charge.

Edited by fab4

Really refreshing, must be long, long time ago we had similar discussions, like in December last year maybe.

PM Abhisit had no option to simply lay down and dissolve the House because of group of protesters stated his government illegitimate. Then when finally the UDD leaders deemed it wise to start discussions a mysterious phonecall interrupted almost concluded negotiations and all was off.

Nwo as for caretaker PM Yingluck her caretaking days already saw close to 30 deaths and hundreds of wounded. Protesters sneakily attacked with rifleshots in the night. The odd grenade lobbed. Ms. Yingluck on campaign trail and knowing nothing. "it is being investigated and all side are warned".

As for options to negotiate well just today k. Noppadon the legal advisor of Thaksin has stated that Ms. Yingluck and K. Suthep are likely to hold talks soon, and the usual on 'based on law and constitution' (as interpreted by Pheu Thai). He also said no contact with PDRC had been made yet, and that there was no need for Thaksin to be involved as the caretaker PM had the 'full authority" to decide on all matters regarding country and her administration.

How's that for allegedly 'law and order', with a criminal fugitive running the show?

casualbiker, on 03 Mar 2014 - 16:23, said:casualbiker, on 03 Mar 2014 - 16:23, said:
fab4, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:25, said:fab4, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:25, said:

My, what am I saying?

suthep and abhisit are accused of murder, you realize that right? Their defence is that they cannot be prosecuted because they are covered by the emergency decree which was conveniently brought into being 2 days before the first crackdown occurred on the 10th April and authorised the troops to carry and use live ammunition (despite the heartfelt denials at the time).

According to the Emergency Decree they cannot be prosecuted unless the ROE'S are shown to be an disproportionate response to the threat faced. That is for the courts to decide.

suthep signed off on the ROE's as head of CRES, abhisit was his boss and overall in charge.

You know that Abhisit and Suthep are charged with premeditated murder as private persons, don't you? The DSI and the OAG didn't want to tackle the issue of a PM and his deputy to take drastic measures to cleanup peaceful protests with heavily armed militants amongst them. Militants with lots of grenades, rifles and no qualm to hit non-red-shirts.

So, next we'll have you defend the charging of Ms. Yingluck for premeditated murder as we've got 30 death, no culprits found and our darling kept on saying no guns, no violence, we raise the Emergence Decree to 'protect'.

rubl, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:35, said:
fab4, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:25, said:
Thaddeus, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:06, said:Thaddeus, on 03 Mar 2014 - 15:06, said:

My, what am I saying?

It's plainly obvious what I'm saying. Do you need that explaining to you as well?

The army had as task to cleanup the last protester groups which had less peaceful protesters and more heavily armed militants. Even on the final day, the 19th of May the army was shot at and had grenades lobbed on them. If you wonder why the army was returning fire while in gunfights, you obviously have never been in a situation where you were fired upon by unknows who wouldn't give up.

So, 99 deaths which is 5 more than I was aware of, but maybe they did some digging in Rayong. 16 non-red-shirts including one soldiers killed by 'friendly fire'. For the 10th of April we have it described that after the grenade attack on their commander the army hastily retreated while returning gunfire.

So, original ROEs, subsequent ones? Did the DSI chief who was present as member of the CRES provide that information which obviously cannot be presented here?

BTW the first grenade attacks began around the time of the Court decision to confiscate 43 billion of Thaksin's ill-gotten gains and return 30 billion to his and his family. Pure coincidence of course rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl

Pathetic. It's time Mr. Tarit started packing his bags, because the house of cards is about to collapse...!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So, having now awakened you, you should be aware that my current "like" count is 30, whilst yours is ... 2...! Care for a debate...?!