PDRC calls DSI to file treason charge against red-shirts in Chiang Mai

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BANGKOK: -- A co-leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) today called on the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) to file treason charge against red-shirt leaders in Chiang Mai for public declaration to secede northern region to establish an independent state.

Tarit only listens to people named Shinawatra, so nothing will be done, unless of course they used a whistle in the commission of the crime.

Hi Basil B,

"I think there is a little difference between La-La-Land and Scotland's proposed route to independence."

Agree just making the point about the way other countries deal with freedom of speech and thought,

as is allowed here in somethings but not all. These charges of sedition would not be brought in the UK for people making such suggestions.

Yes, but what is going on up north is not a discussion on independence, but a mob calling for the masses to rise up against the rest of Thailand and breakaway to form a republic.

Hi Basil B,

"I think there is a little difference between La-La-Land and Scotland's proposed route to independence."

Agree just making the point about the way other countries deal with freedom of speech and thought,

as is allowed here in somethings but not all. These charges of sedition would not be brought in the UK for people making such suggestions.

I agree. They would not.

But if the UK was in a situation where

The PM was in hiding,

There are long term protests going on in the streets of London.

The army are on the verge of martial law. Half the government and PM were on the verge of indictment.

The police were completely infective and one sided in support of an obviously mega=corrupt.

The UK was being controlled by a megalomaniac, convicted criminal, mass murderer on the run in the middle east.

The supporters of the corrupt government starting to amass a rebel army that everyone knows will be armed to the teeth by the convicted middle east criminal.

A government minister making a declaration of a rebel army marching to destroy the elites, courts and army. A calling a million of them to arms.

And people making terrorist threats on community terror radio.

I would think that the UK would be doing plenty of things. I think the UK would have had all this wrapped up long before now with many people in prison awaiting treason trials.

Oh and let me edit in..... And the criminal in the middle east would have been dispatched a long time ago by MI6 operatives with a single gunshot through the head, and the UK people would not be seeing any of this.

Or nearly anywhere else across the globe it would have similar results, and the entire family would have been in prison or deceased long ago. I realize its a developing country & exciting place to live- the one thing I don't get is expats on a forum trying to think of ways to justify the family's actions to the rest of us!

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

No mate,. MI6 or any other Intelligence agency would have made it look like an accident, GSW to the head would fire up the reds even worse, clear as day assasination.

More than one way to skin a cat wink.png

Well considering that the criminal in the desert has an active al qaeda fatwa on his arse, I think the MI6 won't be the ones pulling the trigger, they would get an al qaeda associated group in the middle east and supply them with the necessary intelligence to nab him wherever he was.

They would carry out the necessaries with a nice big banner on the wall and post it on the internet.

The Israelis have a very efficient pest controller out in Dubai, possibly for hire...whistling.gif

• Like 2

Looks like the PDRC and the Army are spouting off with no reason.

The Sor Por Por Lanna "group" denied denied allegations that it wants to split Thailand and form a people's democratic republic in the North at 10.30pm on Sunday on, where else, Facebook.

Apparently, Sor Por Por Lanna stands for Samatcha Pokpong Prachatipatai Lanna, or the Lanna Assembly for the Defence of Democracy. For those who can read thai the link is here http://prachatai.com/journal/2013/12/50754

The Sor Por Por Lanna "group" denied denied allegations that it wants to split Thailand and form a people's democratic republic in the North at 10.30pm on Sunday on, where else, Facebook.

Apparently, Sor Por Por Lanna stands for Samatcha Pokpong Prachatipatai Lanna, or the Lanna Assembly for the Defence of Democracy. For those who can read thai the link is here http://prachatai.com/journal/2013/12/50754

I was waiting for this.

I wonder if half the people in Thailnad understand the differences between Democracy, Republic, Absolute and Non Absolute Monarchy, Prime Minister and President.

For Pete's sake! It was a throwaway remark made by an obscure <deleted> who's only claim to relevancy is belonging to a tiny activist group that virtually nobody had even heard of before now.

If there were even the remotest chance that saying these sort of things might actually lead to problems, I would support reigning this fellow in using one law or another - although "treason" still seems a bit over the top. But there isn't. Frankly I'd be quite surprised to find that the guy who actually said it, let alone anybody else, takes the idea seriously.

The suggestion that you could muster any level of support for secession from the Kingdom in Chiang Mai is risible. Folks who say otherwise are not discussing the real world, they are playing childish games.

It was a throwaway remark?

So what do you call the red shirt army recruitment offices that are springing up like mushrooms in October??

What do you call the red shirts wearing bandanas declaring a split of the nation, riding around on motor scooters with their 'pro-separatist' flags, that was happening on the arrival of YL in Chiang Rai AND Chiang Mai??

What do you call all the social media support from UDD affiliated red shirts???

What is the exact aim of this huge army being built up and 'armed' according to demands from the leader of the PTP and interior minister????

I'd say that this was the first I'd heard of any of it.

There is a "red-shirt army" being built up and armed at the behest of PTP figures? And they have recruitment offices? And that the separatist movement is apparently so well supported that they brazenly fly flags from their motorcycles in Chiang Mai?

I'm interested in all these things, if there is any truth to them. Anybody gotta link?

And in the UK

" The Scottish independence party have been taken to the Tower"

exactly - free speech should be the foundation in any democracy

Binjalin, free speech yes, but crap like you and some posters here with red scum ideas, who are one sighted and only posted to create unrest and support violence by the redshirts are no foundation for democracy, but for stupidity,,,

neither I, nor most others, have EVER supported violence

you should apologize and I certainly will never apologize for defending democracy and free speech but I don't LIE as you have just done

• Like 1

Last night I was in the establishment of a red shirt fanatic (because he has good food and I am in the middle). I had to listen to the rants and ravings of "Achaarn" Thida. This woman was telling the people gathered in Khon Kaen to resist and fight. Funny enough she also told them Thailand was built by the Isaan people and no one else....REALLY???! Will she repeat that in the North? That would be interesting stuff. Another interesting detail that I have been repeating here is that this woman does not speak proper Thai but Thai with a clear Chinese accent (funny enough for slapstick but not for involving in politics cheesy.gif ). What do I mean with that: A first generation Chinese is telling Thai people who the REAL Thai are, and she isn't even one of them. wai2.gif This is a blatant example of the elite that is keeping this whole thing going due to their vested interests.

I never thought I would say this but I hope there will be a coup. Let the army restore peace and order. Shut up this separatism nonsense. Put a Privy counselor as temporary head in place. Change the constituencies that were messed up by this Government. Let Suthep step aside and give democracy a chance after a short interval. Only way out now that the polarization has been taking its toll on a once peaceful society. wai.gif As Churchill said: Some countries deserve a BENEVOLENT dictator.

That situation arrives when most people do not want to listen or understand "the other side" and only listen to their own news reels. Both sides are right and both sides are wrong. The Government is corrupt and messed everything up with their populist schemes which are bleeding the country dry, causes the price of rice to soar, but the farmers still have nothing. Suthep is in it for himself as well. Just step aside. It's that time. Practice the Buddhist virtue of selflessness, just for once. BOTH SIDES.

• Like 1

We will be able to see the double standard now.

Government won't do or even say anything against the red shirts for wanting to secede. The only people within the government taking this seriously is the Army while Poo and her brother's lackeys are mum about it. But as I recall, the DSI were actually contemplating bringing charges of sedition against the people who simply blew whistles at Thaksin's ex wife. I guess in the PTP book, blowing whistles is a more serious crime than calling for secession.

Red democracy in action. Only the other side is guilty while we're innocent even if we are doing unlawful things.

Actually I think Poo's position is that she doesn't believe that any red shirts support separatism. It's all just a misunderstanding or a lie. :) So not mum about it.

what about same for PDRC blocking Royal Decree for elections?

I dont see how the Reds should have treason charges against then

As far as the PDRC is concerned doing damage to the Thai Economy Trying to stop people from voting That is Treason

Charge the PDRC

And in the UK

Oh yeah, blowing whistles is also freedom of expression. And yet the government is planning to file 'sedition' charges. whistling.gif

You just don't get it Gerry do you?

If it supports PTP and Thaksin, whether words or actions, no matter how dishonest or violent, its free speech supporting "democracy".

If it is against PTP or Thaksin it is sedition, treason, lies and should be punished severely - even for pressing the "like" key on social media.

Tharit will understand this definition and will therefore not be able to do as these appalling anti-Shin dictatorship people so outrageously call for.

It's a bit like his definition of perjury - unique.

• Like 1

I dont see how the Reds should have treason charges against then

As far as the PDRC is concerned doing damage to the Thai Economy Trying to stop people from voting That is Treason

Charge the PDRC

Then you must be "blind" figuratively speaking.

As the saying goes "there's none so blind as them who don't want to see".

Inciting people to form a breakaway republic and armed rebellion - no treason here, this is Shin land.

• Like 1

I have to admit that SPP Lanna can stand for "Assembly for the Defense of Democracy in Lan Na" just as well as "People's Democratic Republic of Lan Na". Looking at the pictures of the headbands, it's the same Sor Por Por used in both instances. I'd write it in Thai, but the moderators won't permit it.

On balance, even though I detest the Rak Chiang Mai redshirts, I also feel that the former interpretation is much more likely - so no putative people's republic up north...

For Pete's sake! It was a throwaway remark made by an obscure <deleted> who's only claim to relevancy is belonging to a tiny activist group that virtually nobody had even heard of before now.

If there were even the remotest chance that saying these sort of things might actually lead to problems, I would support reigning this fellow in using one law or another - although "treason" still seems a bit over the top. But there isn't. Frankly I'd be quite surprised to find that the guy who actually said it, let alone anybody else, takes the idea seriously.

The suggestion that you could muster any level of support for secession from the Kingdom in Chiang Mai is risible. Folks who say otherwise are not discussing the real world, they are playing childish games.

It was a throwaway remark?

So what do you call the red shirt army recruitment offices that are springing up like mushrooms in October??

What do you call the red shirts wearing bandanas declaring a split of the nation, riding around on motor scooters with their 'pro-separatist' flags, that was happening on the arrival of YL in Chiang Rai AND Chiang Mai??

What do you call all the social media support from UDD affiliated red shirts???

What is the exact aim of this huge army being built up and 'armed' according to demands from the leader of the PTP and interior minister????

I'd say that this was the first I'd heard of any of it.

There is a "red-shirt army" being built up and armed at the behest of PTP figures? And they have recruitment offices? And that the separatist movement is apparently so well supported that they brazenly fly flags from their motorcycles in Chiang Mai?

I'm interested in all these things, if there is any truth to them. Anybody gotta link?

go back over the news threads for the past week.

Especially where they refer to Chuapong's call for a massive army of 'armed' red shirts to be mobilized and ready to fight to the death.... you know Churapong? Caretaker Interior Minister and LEADER of the PTP. At their 'war drum' meeting in Korat last Sunday, where they also celebrated dead children and banged war drums.

Ther is also a dedicated story with pictures of these flag waving reds on their bikes at the welcoming of Yingluck to her NEW 'government capital'.

Go find it yourself. Almost everyone else on here has read these things when following the news, I doubt they are willing to do your work.

You have to keep up with the news on a daily basis via the Thailand Live thread and you won't miss a thing.

Edited by PepperMe

I'm glad you agree that the red shirts suggesting secession should be charged with treason.

I think the point being made is that for a group which has actually committed sedition in attempting to overthrow an elected government and may well be facing charges, it is slightly odd to be flinging treason charges at others in respect of some loose talk about a theoretical possibility.

OK, what about those people riding around on their bikes with red and white flags (omitting the blue element of the monarchy in the Thai national flag) then!! Guilty of les majeste maybe!!

They tried to cover up their intentions in panic when they realised the severity of what they had committed by pretending that their banners meant something different to what people perceived (knew they meant).

Tis does not strike me as being simple loose talk - it was their war cry!!!!

And in the UK

Oh yeah, blowing whistles is also freedom of expression. And yet the government is planning to file 'sedition' charges. whistling.gif

Blowing whistles - fine. Blocking access to gov't buildings/ services and the people's right to vote is not a freedom of expression. Your rights extend as far as my nose. We should be able to agree. All this noise, filing court actions ( geez, and I thought I came from a court action happy country) is getting Thailand no where. Yes, there was reason for protest, yes there is reason for reform BUT this goes for both sides. I await (but will not hold my breath) for political parties to put forth a coherent party platform addressing the Thai peoples needs. Buddha knows, I do not want to see more deaths but on the current path what real choices does either side have. I know, wishful thinking, but you know how naive (optimistic) we Americans are.

I'm confused. I thought the civil court said it was Constitutional to protest. The police can't even move against the protestors because they gutted the enforcement of the SOE. The reason why the PDRC was protesting, even though warrants against Suthep and other for sedition have been issued, didn't even come into play. On the other hand, hanging up a few banners and engaging in 'free' speech is now something of great concern to the Army. Is the Constitutional right to protest limited by promoting sedition or not?

Edited by pookiki

Maybe Prayuth should request a ruling by the Constitutional Court to see if demonstrating in support of sedition is a protected activity or not. Certainly better than making his own 'legal' declarations. Oh, wait a minute. The Constitutional Court already ruled on this issue didn't they?

"Section 113 of the Criminal Code deals with actions deemed intended to abolish or change the Constitution, topple the legislative, executive and judicial powers under the constitution, or separate the land or take over the administration of it. A violator is liable to life imprisonment or death.

You tell me which side that sounds like to you"

To me it sounds exactly like both sides. It amazes me how many farang have chosen a side and believe their sides political spin of the day (it's all BS based on whatever advances their own position on any given day) It reminds me of how closed minded Americans are if they become too brainwashed by either the democratic or Republican party line.

The truth is that the world over, all any politician cares about is staying in power and that will never change. Regardless of who "wins" this conflict of power bases the sad truth is the Thai people are the only real losers either way. I just hope Thailand gets past this current mess without any more murdered children or other senseless losses.

"Section 113 of the Criminal Code deals with actions deemed intended to abolish or change the Constitution, topple the legislative, executive and judicial powers under the constitution, or separate the land or take over the administration of it. A violator is liable to life imprisonment or death.

You tell me which side that sounds like to you"

To me it sounds exactly like both sides. It amazes me how many farang have chosen a side and believe their sides political spin of the day (it's all BS based on whatever advances their own position on any given day) It reminds me of how closed minded Americans are if they become too brainwashed by either the democratic or Republican party line.

The truth is that the world over, all any politician cares about is staying in power and that will never change. Regardless of who "wins" this conflict of power bases the sad truth is the Thai people are the only real losers either way. I just hope Thailand gets past this current mess without any more murdered children or other senseless losses.

Much of what you say is right. But it's not so much a matter of choosing sides it is who has the potential to impact on people's freedom and liberty which once lost may never be regained in the same way.

No matter how bad the government has been no matter how many mistakes it has made,

there has never been any changes to freedom? Once the trouble started, The Prime Minister immediately called for a new election.

The other side have never revealed any details about how this People's Council will be chosen or even for how long they would remain in power before another election would take place. No one knows what kind of conditions the Thai people (and particularly those people in the area where you liveDave) will end up living under without free elections.

Don't worry, the DSI will do it if there is evidence that there was a public declaration to secede northern region to establish an independent state.

However, the dem's pdrc/pcad should know that the Sor Por Por Lanna stands for Samatcha Pokpong Prachathipatai of Lanna (council of Lanna people to protect democracy), is to protect the democratic system with the king as the HOS.

They are enough evidence to prove that the activities of the dem's pdrc/pcad and allied groups are insurrection, seditious and rebellion against the state if there is no social, political and judicial injustices and double standard.

The DSI is not interested to investigate the largest corruption scam in Thai history. Why should we have fate in the DSI? Please explain why you say "don't worry".

Its already mentioned in my posting!

What largest corruption scam in Thai history you were talking? The investigation on dem's Thai Khem Kaeng program that still remain dormant in the NACC's shelf?