Redshirt leader Kwanchai's wife runs for Udon Thani senator

webfact

UDD Leader's Wife Runs For Udon Thani Senator
By Khaosod Englosh

13939353251393935377l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The wife of a local Redshirts leader in Udon Thani province is running for a Senator's seat.

Ms. Arphon Sarakham, the wife of Mr. Kwanchai Praipana, was greeted by a large group of supporters as she arrived at Udon Thani City Hall to officially register for the senatorial campaign.

Many of them handed red roses to Ms. Arphon as their expression of support for her.

At least 3 other candidates will contest the seat.

Ms. Arphon is a former director of FM 97.50 radio station based in Udon Thani province. Her husband, Mr. Kwanchai, is a prominent member of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) and is widely revered by Redshirts in the province.

Mr. Kwanchai is still recovering from gunshot injures in a hospital after a group of assailants attempted to assassinate him in January.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU16a3pOVE15TlE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-05

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to place to finer point on it ,but the red shirts should change their Logo , I can only go on their intimidation, violence, assaults, threats over the years , UDD is laughable, they are about as undemocratic as you can find, they support a defector that was nothing short of a dictator , ask the people who upset the upstart ,bah.gif I guess this is amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

I wonder if she will be voted in as a senator because of a proficiency in political thought and theory or some sort of legal expertise. Maybe she is representing a minority group that currently have no voice in the senate.

​Senators should not have any vendetta's against any particular group and should have a spotless reputation. This women's husband was shot at in a drive by shooting. She is married to a man that wanted to get 25 000 corruption cases nullified. She organized her husband fugitive to flee to Laos in April 2009. Her husband was in jail for 9 months for inciting unrest. This woman loves thaksin with a passion. Senators should have a spotless reputation. I doubt a spotless reputation includes harboring of a fugitive, who's family also loves another convicted criminal fugitive. Though when you admire that criminal convicted fugitive then the lines between what is right and wrong are very hazy.

Do you think she will be a check on the concentration of power at the hands of the PM. Do you think she will ensure policy is based on compromise and consensus?

No. She is a red shirt bum in seat that will allow any PTP policy through no matter if it is against the voice of the elector or not. She will not use her common sense or the sense of what is right or wrong to assist in judgement making. She will pass a bill to absolve 25 000 corrupt people without a second thought.

This is why we need an appointed senate lest judgements are made based on vendetta's and clouded criminal thought processes. Not made on the rule of law with majority rule allowing it.

I would imagine she has absolutely zero qualifications to hold any position in any form of agency...apart from the red brigade and their warped sense of ideologies.

I don't know how many Senators from the area are required in the Senate....but you can be assured that she will be pushed hard.

Nothing but the wife of a despicable criminal.

• Like 2

I wonder if she will be voted in as a senator because of a proficiency in political thought and theory or some sort of legal expertise. Maybe she is representing a minority group that currently have no voice in the senate.

​Senators should not have any vendetta's against any particular group and should have a spotless reputation. This women's husband was shot at in a drive by shooting. She is married to a man that wanted to get 25 000 corruption cases nullified. She organized her husband fugitive to flee to Laos in April 2009. Her husband was in jail for 9 months for inciting unrest. This woman loves thaksin with a passion. Senators should have a spotless reputation. I doubt a spotless reputation includes harboring of a fugitive, who's family also loves another convicted criminal fugitive. Though when you admire that criminal convicted fugitive then the lines between what is right and wrong are very hazy.

Do you think she will be a check on the concentration of power at the hands of the PM. Do you think she will ensure policy is based on compromise and consensus?

No. She is a red shirt bum in seat that will allow any PTP policy through no matter if it is against the voice of the elector or not. She will not use her common sense or the sense of what is right or wrong to assist in judgement making. She will pass a bill to absolve 25 000 corrupt people without a second thought.

This is why we need an appointed senate lest judgements are made based on vendetta's and clouded criminal thought processes. Not made on the rule of law with majority rule allowing it.

I would imagine she has absolutely zero qualifications to hold any position in any form of agency...apart from the red brigade and their warped sense of ideologies.

I don't know how many Senators from the area are required in the Senate....but you can be assured that she will be pushed hard.

Spot on.

The qualifications for the membership of the Senate can be found in section 115, Part 3, Chapter 6 of the 2007 Constitution. A candidate intent on being a member of the Senate must be a natural born citizen of Thailand as well as being 40 years or older on the year of election or selection. The candidate must have graduated with at least a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent.

Spot on.

The qualifications for the membership of the Senate can be found in section 115, Part 3, Chapter 6 of the 2007 Constitution. A candidate intent on being a member of the Senate must be a natural born citizen of Thailand as well as being 40 years or older on the year of election or selection. The candidate must have graduated with at least a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent.

Most of the Senate are appointed by the Old Guard. Only a minority ar elected. The bachelors degree and age limit are just 2 other steps to try to limit democracy.

• Like 1

......others have said the 'shooting' was staged...and that he suffered no injuries at all...

...strange how he never came forward with any proof or scars..and is still 'in hiding'....???

...but off that sympathy....get his wife in as well.........???

....unrelenting.....

Spot on.

Most of the Senate are appointed by the Old Guard. Only a minority ar elected. The bachelors degree and age limit are just 2 other steps to try to limit democracy.

Have you ever one time checked the facts before you start randomly pounding your keyboard? Obviously not. After 90+ posts of mostly false or inaccurate information and being proven wrong it would seem you would at least be a bit embarrassed but evidently not.

Spot on.

The qualifications for the membership of the Senate can be found in section 115, Part 3, Chapter 6 of the 2007 Constitution. A candidate intent on being a member of the Senate must be a natural born citizen of Thailand as well as being 40 years or older on the year of election or selection. The candidate must have graduated with at least a bachelors degree or an equivalent.

Bachelor degrees are prerequisite for many professions. It is a measure of a candidate's suitability (not saying that all graduates would be suitable, mind!). If your career experience had so far been as a car mechanic all your life, would you be an ideal candidate to be selected for salesman's role? No. Different skill sets and background would be necessary.

A classic example of why requisites should be necessary is caretaker PM Yingluck, whose experience and background were not truly suitable for the role she was awarded...... and the disastrous results are plain to see.

"Ms. Arphon Sarakham is a well respected pillar of the community. She has chaired numerous charitable organizations and improved the lives of every single constituent in her province. She is considered a saint with well documented spiritual powers, a healer of the sick, a feeder of the poor and a liberator of the oppressed. She is capable of single handedly balancing many roses at the same time. She will make a fine senator and is exactly what Udon Thani needs.

I find it odd that there are on this forum so many middle aged, beer bellied posters who just denigrate a strong and secure Thai woman from the anonymity of their keyboards."

Please, you all, just forget what I wrote above...I woke up still in a nightmare of having become the geriatrickid...

It's even more odd how you can pronounce with certainty that all TVF posters are middle aged and beer bellied. You have no clue!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Very clear you support dictatorship .

We are aware of your passionate love for Suthep, but for ones you should check his spotless reputation, you might wake up.

"Ms. Arphon Sarakham is a well respected pillar of the community. She has chaired numerous charitable organizations and improved the lives of every single constituent in her province. She is considered a saint with well documented spiritual powers, a healer of the sick, a feeder of the poor and a liberator of the oppressed. She is capable of single handedly balancing many roses at the same time. She will make a fine senator and is exactly what Udon Thani needs.

I find it odd that there are on this forum so many middle aged, beer bellied posters who just denigrate a strong and secure Thai woman from the anonymity of their keyboards."

Please, you all, just forget what I wrote above...I woke up still in a nightmare of having become the geriatrickid...

Try to relax. When you wake up look at your pillow and if there isn't a picture of Yingluck on it then it was only a nightmare. thumbsup.gif

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

I am sure she might fall down on one or more points below, especially being affiliated with politics of the most biased nature.

Anyway, it is up to the EC to accept a registration, it is one thing to register, it is another to actually be accepted as 'appropriate'.

Senators need to be 100% unbiased (As in the constitution) and must have no connections to a certain political party..... She is brimming with connections to the PTP. The EC has a responsibility to weed out all candidates that they deem not to be fit for senatorial duty.

She is a classic case if ever there were one.

The qualifications for the membership of the Senate can be found in section 115, Part 3, Chapter 6 of the 2007 Constitution. A candidate intent on being a member of the Senate must be a natural born citizen of Thailand as well as being 40 years or older on the year of election or selection. The candidate must have graduated with at least a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent. If the candidate is to be elected, he or she must be born, must have a home and be registered to vote in the province which the candidate intends to represent. The candidate must not be an ascendant, spouse or a child of a member of the House of Representatives or any person holding a political position. Must not have been a member of a political party for at least five years.

All other disqualifications are similar to that of the House, the individual must not be: addicted to drugs, been bankrupt, convicted felon, member of a local administration, a civil servant, a member of the judiciary or any other government agency. Being disenfranchised (being a member of the clergy, felon, or mentally infirm). If the candidate was a member of a local administration or a Minister he must have left his post for a period of at least five years before being eligible.

Edited by PepperMe

Very clear you support dictatorship .

We are aware of your passionate love for Suthep, but for ones you should check his spotless reputation, you might wake up.

So you categorically embrace the notion that appointed senators equate to a dictatorship do you?

Don't change the subject…Just answer me.

Don't mention Suthep or elections. Just answer me.

• Like 1

It's even more odd how you can pronounce with certainty that all TVF posters are middle aged and beer bellied. You have no clue!

...you didn't get it...look at my last sentence...

• Like 1

...you didn't get it...look at my last sentence...

Ok, got it now. Sorry!

I see Red Shirts putting up candidates for election as a very positive step. They, the Red Shirts, are after all a grass roots political movement with wide support.

I'd encourage them to go further and select candidates from within their own ranks to stand for election in every constituency, once again the Red Shirts, are after all a grass roots political movement with wide support.

Time then for the Red Shirts to understand that it is they, not the old guard Thai Rak Thai, PTP career politicians that hold electoral power - it is they, the Red Shirts, that are best able to address the concerns of the grass roots Red Shirt supporters.

They, the Red Shirts, brought the PTP to power.

They, the Red Shirts, were cut out of holding seats in government by the PTP

They, the Red Shirts were passed over in favour of former Thai Rak Thai who had previously been banned from politics (their seats kept warm for their return).

They, the Red Shirts who have been allowed to rot in jail, an amnesty available to them by agreement with the opposition but rejected by the PTP because they, the PTP insist no amnesty for Red Shirt prisoners unless Thaksin also gets and amnesty.

They. the Red Shirts who have been lied to by the PTP with promises that money owed to rice farmers will be paid.

They, the Red Shirts who's livelihood growing rice has been destroyed by the PTP Rice Pledging Scheme.

The Red Shirts need to understand that the PTP is not acting in their interests, the Red Shirts need to present their own candidates and their own members of parliament to act in their Red Shirt Interest.

And Kwanchai's wife would be well advised to find out who shot her husband and why they shot her husband.

He had noticed and was strongly expressing the view that the PTP where not acting in the interests of the Red Shirts and that the Red Shirts need to look after themselves.

• Like 2