Another Live Show to come to Chiang Mai!

SarahKate

Hi all,

I just heard that The Gate Theater Group (TGTG), Chiang Mai's only non-profit English language theater group, will be putting on a show called, A Comedy Showcase. Anyone else hear this? Actually, I just received the attached poster. Can anyone share some details on this upcoming show? Thanx!! Skate

post-177288-0-74799800-1393992727_thumb.

You beat me to it!

I as going to post about this but was waiting to receive the poster. I usually receive a bunch to distribute around town and was expecting to get them this evening. Do you know if the hard copies are ready yet?

I can add that The Gate are treating this show as an off season presentation so have moved to a smaller room just down the hall form their usual performance space. It's more intimate and suits the material well. However, there will only be about 60 seats available for each performance. Tickets will be available on Friday at the information counter on the first floor at Kad Suan Kaew Mall.

Thanks for the heads up on the up coming show. I have seen the posters around town

and I also have seen most of the shows the Gate Theater has put on and have

enjoyed them all.

Thanks again and the dates are on the poster. I think this month .the 20,21,22, 23.

Joy in Thailand

You beat me to it!

I as going to post about this but was waiting to receive the poster. I usually receive a bunch to distribute around town and was expecting to get them this evening. Do you know if the hard copies are ready yet?

I can add that The Gate are treating this show as an off season presentation so have moved to a smaller room just down the hall form their usual performance space. It's more intimate and suits the material well. However, there will only be about 60 seats available for each performance. Tickets will be available on Friday at the information counter on the first floor at Kad Suan Kaew Mall.

Tickets are indeed in today. Four people were already there buying when I arrived.

The Gate seems to be finally gaining a following after 6 years. I remember when their audiences numbered in the teens. Actually, the first performance at Kad Suan Kaew, "The Gin Game" I believe it was, had 12 people in attendance on the night I went. Since then, audiences have been growing slowly but surely. Over the last 3 years I have seen full houses more often than not.

Perseverance has obviously paid off for these folks. We need more of this in Chiang Mai.