Phuket expat volunteers strike amid Patong Police fallout

webfact

I thought John Candy died?

When one has no substantial input, it's easy to take a juvenile approach and ridicule another's appearance

You are correct, and I owe you a formal apology:

I Shot, am sorry for the juvenile but funny comparison of the doe boy on the left (is that you?) to the much loved and well respected actor John Candy. My heart aches for the pain and suffering you endured by reading my post. I shall now kill myself.

post-123755-0-30201900-1394023561_thumb.

• Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ohhhh, that's what the tuk tuk drivers were protesting? Not being able to do something illegal?

Jesus christ. Is there no end to the shenanigans here. It's like a preschool class.

I try to explain what Thailand is really like to my friends back home, and it just sounds like bs embellishment.

• Like 2

It always amazes me why anyone would want to become a member of the volunteer police. Every experience I have had with them has been negative, I have found them to be egotistical, rude and they should be renamed as the volunteer Gestapo!

• Like 1

The Tuk-Tuks is one of my reasons for leaving Phuket after 23 years? The Volunteers , although don't think the Quisling

comparison was quite fair but are they like the Hall Monitors when we were kids?

We always called them Snitches !

Edited by TheWizardofRnR

so no more wannabe cops, let's celebrate!!!

Until you running crying to them when you need help. Get a life.

what can they do? what are their responsibilities? they can NEVER bad mouth a thai or a thai business person, so again, what can they do? besides feel good themselves.

Who would want to be a 'hobby Bobby'? Unpaid, constant grief and working late/night shifts. Reward - Jack S**t. And my understanding is they have to accumulate a minimum amount of hours 'worked' weekly.

what can they do? what are their responsibilities? they can NEVER bad mouth a thai or a thai business person, so again, what can they do? besides feel good themselves.

If they are multilingual I am sure they can be useful.

And for some reason in Pattaya they seemed to get the job of resolving disputes between drunk tourists and bars, perhaps over bills.

You could never find regular police to help out.

Do they employ foreigners to help with regard to policing in other parts of the world?

I think it says more about the regular police myself, who for some reason seem to be a law unto themselves.

Edited by jacko45k

They look different from the ones in Pattaya's Walking Street who wear black uniforms with zips and buckles all over them like something out of a bad S&M movie. Also these ones don't have shaved heads or visible tatoos.

who are these clowns in the first place? are they not falangs? and a falang has no rights in thailand, he is a guest and will not become involved in thai business. what are their powers? what if a falang pops one upside the head for being rude? are they quislings? the europeans will understand that word!

They are far from being clowns. Your comments show not only a lack of knowledge concerning their charter, but also broadcasts a degree of bigotry and hate by the subtle comparison to Vidkun Quisling.

Do some homework such as visiting the police station and finding out what these volunteers are all about. You won't learn that by sitting on a barstool if that is your profession.

Most of these who are here grumbling and grousing don't want to go near a Police Department, Most have warrants out for the them here and at home.

They look different from the ones in Pattaya's Walking Street who wear black uniforms with zips and buckles all over them like something out of a bad S&M movie. Also these ones don't have shaved heads or visible tatoos.

who are these clowns in the first place? are they not falangs? and a falang has no rights in thailand, he is a guest and will not become involved in thai business. what are their powers? what if a falang pops one upside the head for being rude? are they quislings? the europeans will understand that word!

They are far from being clowns. Your comments show not only a lack of knowledge concerning their charter, but also broadcasts a degree of bigotry and hate by the subtle comparison to Vidkun Quisling.

Do some homework such as visiting the police station and finding out what these volunteers are all about. You won't learn that by sitting on a barstool if that is your profession.

Most of these who are here grumbling and grousing don't want to go near a Police Department, Most have warrants out for the them here and at home.

Of course not.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

never in 10 years and using these wannabe cops can cost you more than to mediate strait with local bib, a good example was gary, that was making a lot doing this so i wouldn't be surprised if the rest of them doing the same thing for who would work for free with drunk idiots..
This says more about your attitude than of that of the volunteers.

• Like 1

Your mentioning of quisling is not only ludicrous, it shows your mentality 'us against them'. With an attitude like that living here ?

Maybe I am naive, but I believe the majority of the Tourist Police Volunteers are there to do a service to tourists in need of help. I don't know if the volunteers themselves are part of the out-of-control cycle of corruption or not, although it seems obvious that the paid Tourist Police staff are as dirty as can be.

I take this news as another 'nail in the coffin' for Phuket's future. Police volunteers quitting en masse, and Tuk-Tuk drivers forcing police commanders out is wrong on every level. The fact that a bunch of tuk-tuk scumbag thugs are the ones really in charge of Patong becomes more of a problem every day. Every illegal blockade that is successful only convinces them that their methods are effective, and emboldens them to go farther the next time. I only go to Patong if I absolutely have to, and even then just the *thought* of going there puts me in a bad mood.

To the Tuk-Tuk scammers and rotten to the core cops I say this - your karma will follow you. The illegal blockades, tourist rip-offs, and police corruption money grabs that cause so many problems for tourists and other innocents will come back to you. Your bad Karma will bring your day of reckoning. You are shameful examples of human beings.

It sounds like it's the taxi drivers running the place, not the tuk tuk drivers. The taxis are able to park illegally and nothing is being done about it. The tuk tuk drivers were upset the laws weren't being enforced fairly.

The police chief should have enforced the parking laws, not resign because the tuk tuk drivers wanted to break the same laws as the taxis.

I thought John Candy died?

When one has no substantial input, it's easy to take a juvenile approach and ridicule another's appearance

You are correct, and I owe you a formal apology:

I Shot, am sorry for the juvenile but funny comparison of the doe boy on the left (is that you?) to the much loved and well respected actor John Candy. My heart aches for the pain and suffering you endured by reading my post. I shall now kill myself.

attachicon.gifthCA3Z1R7F.jpg

Do it quietly please. LOL.

• Like 2

It always amazes me why anyone would want to become a member of the volunteer police. Every experience I have had with them has been negative, I have found them to be egotistical, rude and they should be renamed as the volunteer Gestapo!

Please research the Gestapo in depth and you may learn not to freely attach that name to any group. Had you lived in Europe during WW2 and voiced such an opinion about them, you most likely would learn what egotistical and rude really is. They most likely would have introduced you to a little physical pain too.

• Like 1

If they change from Tourist Police to RTP, they have to get new work permits.

From my understanding they don't need work permits working for the royal thai police, basically working for the King

Of course not.

Sorry,misinterpreted your post, I retract my comment (or make it a cynical one if you prefer that).

I'm sure they'll be back, the Bib need someone to do their job and also be their fall guy.

And of course these "wanna be's" who have never had the chance to wear a uniform, need to dress up and strut around making themselves feel important.

• Like 1

I am convinced that a vast majority of these volunteers is only doing this to help others because they can.

And I really don't understand the resentment here on the forum to them.

Edited by stevenl

tonypace02, on 05 Mar 2014 - 17:42, said:tonypace02, on 05 Mar 2014 - 17:42, said:

If they change from Tourist Police to RTP, they have to get new work permits.

From what I've been told, they work illegally without a WP. Ok, before anyone jumps in, to be exempt the position must be exempted by Royal decree, it does not exist, for volunteer police, they get away with it simply because they are working with the police, technically they are breaking the law and so are the police who hire them. Unless anyone can show the Royal decree exempting them, then don't bloody shoot me down.

Edited by Rorri