Surapong to tell the world PDRC exploiting court, graft buster to overthrow government

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign governments will have their own views based on their own intelligence services as to what is going on. They don't need it to be "explained" and some of them could probably provide Surapong with briefs that he would find enlightening.

File under useless political stunts and grandstanding.

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

As much as some people hate it, Mr Surapong is a respected figure in the diplomatic community. He is reasonable, balanced and fair. Reputable news services are supporting the govt, the anti-democratic forces have Michael Yon and his millions of followers

You have this entirely wrong. The world is very familiar with the practice of despots in appointing family members to cabinet positions. Surapong's credibility as an unbiased source of information is - how can I put this politely - near zero.

• Like 2

As much as some people hate it, Mr Surapong is a respected figure in the diplomatic community. He is reasonable, balanced and fair. Reputable news services are supporting the govt, the anti-democratic forces have Michael Yon and his millions of followers

And as much as you hate to admit it, as it relates to the foreign Diplomatic community that Surapong communicates with, they have no bearing on their country's foreign policies. Foreign Ambassadors come and go and retire. Thai Ambassadors and Diplomatic community return home and have stature, but not so with the foreign community that Surapong is now communicating with.

How many of those in the Diplomatic community from your Country that you have met over the years rose to positions of power in your Country?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So you haven't read the thai wikileaks?

Something of a bombshell and all that info communicated to Washington.

Recently we saw released details of how the british and american embassies smuggled out Pridi onto a shell oil tanker with the death squad on his tail.

No, and I just looked at it a few days ago. Still, while they are all nice with some more capable than others, how many that have been in Thailand rose to a position of power in their home countries?

Is it possible that you really believe this?

He's another Thaksin relative that would be better suited to having a koi carp shop in Mukdaharn

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Members of the group turned themselves in to police in Nonthaburi on Monday, after the Nonthaburi provincial court approved arrest warrants. They have been charged with trespassing at the office of the NACC and damaging property in connection with their protest on Feb 17.

That is the information passed on to me by UDD/RS's who have been following this thing.

Don't make people laugh. Anything official? Your source carries zero credibility in any decent debate. Information passed on to me by UDD/RS's...for heaven's sake...This forum is not a kindergarten.wai2.gif

Attaching zero credibility to the views of the UDD/RS's, is probably the single greatest reason the PAD-Dem's cannot win an election.

Denigrating this very politicized Movement affiliated with the electoral majority, is a death-knell to political aspirations of the Elites. They need to get off this kick about Education, and think Politicization....a sea change to the Elitist mentality.

To put a positive spin to this, they would be better advised to do a major study on this large sector of the electorate, and tailor-make their policies to appeal to them come election time.

In the parlance of the trade, this is called 'segmentation'..without segmenting major sectors of the electorate and developing policies and programs to those sectors, they will be P...... into the wind.

Such segmentation should also advise them with respect to leadership....Is a guy like AV best suited to these electoral sectors? Perhaps they have a charismatic individual in the ranks, with non-BKK and non-Southern roots, who could relate better to a diverse electorate.

Until they genuinely respect all electoral segments, and not attribute 'zero credibility' to one of the largest segments, would be a good beginning to competitive elections.

Just saying.

I think Abhisit can relate to the electorate but unfortunately unlike Thaksin he doesn't own the party so he gets dragged down by the rest, many of whom are in it for self interest and don't want change.

Why does it matter where someone comes from? Aren't many of the UDD leadership southerners? I don't suppose Yingluck is very familiar with working in rice fields.

The trouble with tailor making policies for sections of the electorate is you can end up offering more than you can afford which is what happened with the rice pledging. To be fair to the PTP they did try to lower the price last year but had to back off quite a bit when the farmers threatened the democratically elected government with protests if they went ahead.

The Dems did have a rice subsidy which whilst not perfect managed not to cause such damage to the rice trade. The problem with sensible financially responsible policies which can be applied in the long term is that they don't look as good as 'We'll give you a massive increase to 300 baht a day' and 'We'll pay you 40% above market price for your rice'.

I've no idea why the PTP didn't put forward more sensible plans. If they were worried that they might lose the election if they didn't give enough away I could understand it but apparently there was no chance of them losing as the Democrats are unelectable. Maybe they thought their core supporters wouldn't understand anything with a sound financial foundation.

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 1

Is Mr Boppe actually Bob Amsterdam?

Chances of that are Slim and None and Slim's already left town.

Don't you wish the poster were Mr. Amsterdam - it would give the wailers here some better grounds of their whimpering and whinging.

I can understand your concern, however. His quality posts show up the cheap shots and coarse one-liners that are all over the threads each day.

This thread is typical.

Too many like to dish it out but can't stomach getting hashed.

• Like 2

Surapong is simply channeling what is common knowledge within the Majority Electorate, who know a thing or two about their votes being nullified.

There has been talk of double standards in the Thai legal system for some time, and the red shirts have long pointed at these when, for example, red shirts were being locked up by the Abhisit Vejjajiva unelected regime, while several cases against yellow shirts dragged on and on, and none of them seemed to ever be incarcerated. It was a reasonable complaint for any fair-minded person.

Recently, some red shirts decided to test the extent of double standards by deciding to set up a protest stage at the office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC). In essence, they were emulating the anti-democrats, who not just set up stages, but blocked government offices, in some cases stormed them, and even dragged away files and papers.

Yet these red shirts have found themselves arrested in record time.

Not surprisingly, the group believed that "their protest should receive the same protection from the Civil Court’s recent order to protect anti-democracy demonstrators’ rights." That would seem quite reasonable, especially as various courts have repeatedly refused warrants for the anti-democrats, including several for men armed with automatic weapons who shot up various areas in support of the anti-democrats.

But being reasonable and even observing the law is something that the courts now find politically impossible, as they have become amongst the most politicized courts in Asia. They simply have never transitioned to a Democratic form of Govt IMHO.

No matter how much the PAD-Dem's try to normalize the abnormal, it doesn't fly with respect to the judiciary, and Surapong is simply maintaining this fact on the front-burner........The coup-mongers would like to self-servingly create so much smoke about this, that it obscures reality.

Good for Surapong. One of the biggest 'knocks' the UDD/RS's lay on the PTP is their tepid or non-challenges to their aggressive opposition, even when it is obviously misleading and nonsensical.

It really amazes me that you are not banned yet for making up stories.

Make that "not banned again", since he is a repeat offender.

Don't you wish the poster were Mr. Amsterdam - it would give the wailers here some better grounds of their whimpering and whinging.

I can understand your concern, however. His quality posts show up the cheap shots and coarse one-liners that are all over the threads each day.

This thread is typical.

You need to be kindly reminded not to post off the topic once again. You've made habit out of it. Is there anything valuable you have to add to this discussion or you will continue posting your own OT thoughts? Stick to the topic, please. wai2.gif

Edited by Mackie

This thread is typical.

You need to be kindly reminded not to post off the topic once again. You've made habit out of it. Is there anything valuable you have to add to this discussion or you will continue posting your own OT thoughts? Stick to the topic, please. wai2.gif

Since when are Mr. Boppe or Mr. Amsterdam on topic at this thread - or Mr. Boppe on topic at any thread.

Heal thyself.

• Like 1

And as much as you hate to admit it, as it relates to the foreign Diplomatic community that Surapong communicates with, they have no bearing on their country's foreign policies. Foreign Ambassadors come and go and retire. Thai Ambassadors and Diplomatic community return home and have stature, but not so with the foreign community that Surapong is now communicating with.

How many of those in the Diplomatic community from your Country that you have met over the years rose to positions of power in your Country?

Recently we saw released details of how the british and american embassies smuggled out Pridi onto a shell oil tanker with the death squad on his tail.

Well, he's a step up on Kasit. Between Interpol and the plane in Germany, he really covered himself in glory.

Is it possible that you really believe this?

He's another Thaksin relative that would be better suited to having a koi carp shop in Mukdaharn

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Now that is comment of the month....

I don't believe he is respected at all by the diplomatic community. They are, in the main, professionals, and know exactly what the PTP are all about. They can see the cronyism, nepotism and corruption and I'm sure their governments have been briefed accordingly. Not one single government has openly come out and publicly supported the PTP government, when in full power or caretaker mode, or specifically the cabinet, the care taker PM/DM or any members of her family. Those that have commented have been careful in their choice of words, encouraging all parties to avoid violence and resolve thing peacefully whilst respecting democracy. Democratic process includes strong checks and balances. Constantly squealing "we're innocent, we're the elected government we can do what we want, it's all their fault" etc etc is laughable. Now they are suggesting that international community and their professional diplomats swallow the idea that all the courts, NACC and independent agencies are biased and corrupt whilst they, the PTP are totally honest and believable. And, this from the lips of the guy who illegally issued a new Thai passport to his criminal fugitive cousin and has refused to answer questions on it!!

The international community has seen enough over the last 2 plus years of PTP's administration to form their own opinions. Attempting to persuade them that all the judges, NACC and anti-PTP are in league and biased is likely to be treated with the laughable contempt it deserves.

Members of the group turned themselves in to police in Nonthaburi on Monday, after the Nonthaburi provincial court approved arrest warrants. They have been charged with trespassing at the office of the NACC and damaging property in connection with their protest on Feb 17.

That is the information passed on to me by UDD/RS's who have been following this thing.

Don't make people laugh. Anything official? Your source carries zero credibility in any decent debate. Information passed on to me by UDD/RS's...for heaven's sake...This forum is not a kindergarten.wai2.gif

Attaching zero credibility to the views of the UDD/RS's, is probably the single greatest reason the PAD-Dem's cannot win an election.

Denigrating this very politicized Movement affiliated with the electoral majority, is a death-knell to political aspirations of the Elites. They need to get off this kick about Education, and think Politicization....a sea change to the Elitist mentality.

To put a positive spin to this, they would be better advised to do a major study on this large sector of the electorate, and tailor-make their policies to appeal to them come election time.

In the parlance of the trade, this is called 'segmentation'..without segmenting major sectors of the electorate and developing policies and programs to those sectors, they will be P...... into the wind.

Such segmentation should also advise them with respect to leadership....Is a guy like AV best suited to these electoral sectors? Perhaps they have a charismatic individual in the ranks, with non-BKK and non-Southern roots, who could relate better to a diverse electorate.

Until they genuinely respect all electoral segments, and not attribute 'zero credibility' to one of the largest segments, would be a good beginning to competitive elections.

Just saying.

I think Abhisit can relate to the electorate but unfortunately unlike Thaksin he doesn't own the party so he gets dragged down by the rest, many of whom are in it for self interest and don't want change.

Why does it matter where someone comes from? Aren't many of the UDD leadership southerners? I don't suppose Yingluck is very familiar with working in rice fields.

The trouble with tailor making policies for sections of the electorate is you can end up offering more than you can afford which is what happened with the rice pledging. To be fair to the PTP they did try to lower the price last year but had to back off quite a bit when the farmers threatened the democratically elected government with protests if they went ahead.

The Dems did have a rice subsidy which whilst not perfect managed not to cause such damage to the rice trade. The problem with sensible financially responsible policies which can be applied in the long term is that they don't look as good as 'We'll give you a massive increase to 300 baht a day' and 'We'll pay you 40% above market price for your rice'.

I've no idea why the PTP didn't put forward more sensible plans. If they were worried that they might lose the election if they didn't give enough away I could understand it but apparently there was no chance of them losing as the Democrats are unelectable. Maybe they thought their core supporters wouldn't understand anything with a sound financial foundation.

The democrats are owned by business. They will not give away anything.

How do you know? Are you a diplomat?

Surapong has never been a career diplomat. He's too thick to be anything other than a failed Democrat local politician who defected to TRT when they were winning and has coasted on his family ties ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Dammit......he's right you know!

With five different jobs I doubt if he even knows whether he's coming or going without a hefty nudge from Dubai.

I don't believe he is respected at all by the diplomatic community. They are, in the main, professionals, and know exactly what the PTP are all about. They can see the cronyism, nepotism and corruption and I'm sure their governments have been briefed accordingly. Not one single government has openly come out and publicly supported the PTP government, when in full power or caretaker mode, or specifically the cabinet, the care taker PM/DM or any members of her family. Those that have commented have been careful in their choice of words, encouraging all parties to avoid violence and resolve thing peacefully whilst respecting democracy. Democratic process includes strong checks and balances. Constantly squealing "we're innocent, we're the elected government we can do what we want, it's all their fault" etc etc is laughable. Now they are suggesting that international community and their professional diplomats swallow the idea that all the courts, NACC and independent agencies are biased and corrupt whilst they, the PTP are totally honest and believable. And, this from the lips of the guy who illegally issued a new Thai passport to his criminal fugitive cousin and has refused to answer questions on it!!

The international community has seen enough over the last 2 plus years of PTP's administration to form their own opinions. Attempting to persuade them that all the judges, NACC and anti-PTP are in league and biased is likely to be treated with the laughable contempt it deserves.

Foreign governments from Asean across the Pacific to the Americas on to the European Union know the current conflicts of Thailand center on the colony provinces asserting their just demands to be included in the wealth, growth and development of the country, and that the established oligarchs that control the economy and the feudal society refuse to accept any such inclusiveness, peace, prosperity.

Foreign governments know the constitution was written arbitrarily and absolutely by the 2007 coup leaders and presented to the general population by military command of the coup government absent any possibility to be amended, and granted immunity to the chronic military mutineers and their appointed underlings in the various bodies of the coup government created by the coup makers.

Foreign governments know the Suthep insurrectionists and their backers want to extend feudalism into the 21st century by forcibly cancelling elections and parliamentary democracy in favor of a still anonymous "People's Council" appointed by the feudal oligarchs to write and implement severe reductions of democracy by mangling the 1 person 1 vote democratic principle, that the street mobs of the oligarchs used violence to try to kill the election and that the Democrat Party and its leader Abhisit played a major role in jeopardizing democracy and Thailand's democratic future.

Foreign governments know the censorship of Thailand and that the struggle presently occurring is all about matters that cannot publically be discussed in the country, which among other factors is the major reason an international mediator won't come near the crisis created by Thais that cannot be resolved by Thais.

Foreign governments know the bizarre logic and thinking in Thailand that two wrongs make a right and that five wrongs make it even more right, as your post testifies and which is why Kuhn Surapong has a sympathetic and understanding international audience. The forces of Suthep, Abhisit, the bureaucracy, the military, the MSM in Thailand fear Surapong's contact with the international community which is why the posts to this thread against him are vitriolic or try to misrepresent the actual issues and conflict.

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

Foreign governments from Asean across the Pacific to the Americas on to the European Union know the current conflicts of Thailand center on the colony provinces asserting their just demands to be included in the wealth, growth and development of the country, and that the established oligarchs that control the economy and the feudal society refuse to accept any such inclusiveness, peace, prosperity.

Foreign governments know the constitution was written arbitrarily and absolutely by the 2007 coup leaders and presented to the general population by military command of the coup government absent any possibility to be amended, and granted immunity to the chronic military mutineers and their appointed underlings in the various bodies of the coup government created by the coup makers.

Foreign governments know the Suthep insurrectionists and their backers want to extend feudalism into the 21st century by forcibly cancelling elections and parliamentary democracy in favor of a still anonymous "People's Council" appointed by the feudal oligarchs to write and implement severe reductions of democracy by mangling the 1 person 1 vote democratic principle, that the street mobs of the oligarchs used violence to try to kill the election and that the Democrat Party and its leader Abhisit played a major role in jeopardizing democracy and Thailand's democratic future.

Foreign governments know the censorship of Thailand and that the struggle presently occurring is all about matters that cannot publically be discussed in the country, which among other factors is the major reason an international mediator won't come near the crisis created by Thais that cannot be resolved by Thais.

Foreign governments know the bizarre logic and thinking in Thailand that two wrongs make a right and that five wrongs make it even more right, as your post testifies and which is why Kuhn Surapong has a sympathetic and understanding international audience. The forces of Suthep, Abhisit, the bureaucracy, the military, the MSM in Thailand fear Surapong's contact with the international community which is why the posts to this thread against him are vitriolic or try to misrepresent the actual issues and conflict.

Are you suggesting 'The forces of Suthep, Abhisit, the bureaucracy, the military, the MSM' are posting on TV?

I find the attack on Mr. Surapong's diplomatic credential hypocritical by those on the forum that cannot string two sentences together and must rely on emotions to post! Just by the numerous lack of intelligent responses.

Mr. Surapong holds a position of trust in his country, and as such is a respected politician that is explaining to the international community what they need to know to convey the message back to their respective countries!

Cheers

I find the attack on Mr. Surapong's diplomatic credential hypocritical by those on the forum that cannot string two sentences together and must rely on emotions to post! Just by the numerous lack of intelligent responses.

Mr. Surapong holds a position of trust in his country, and as such is a respected politician that is explaining to the international community what they need to know to convey the message back to their respective countries!

Cheers

He is a politician. No one trusts him.

"Foreign governments know the constitution was written arbitrarily and absolutely by the 2007 coup leaders"

It seems that YOU don't know that the 2007 constitution was mostly written by "the people" in 1997. I would guess that the foreign governments DO know that.

"Foreign governments know the constitution was written arbitrarily and absolutely by the 2007 coup leaders"

It seems that YOU don't know that the 2007 constitution was mostly written by "the people" in 1997. I would guess that the foreign governments DO know that.

Seriously which people?

Seriously which people?

The 1997 constitution is known as "the people's" constitution. The 2007 constitution in 90% the same word for word.

• Like 1

I'm well aware of the connections, however, the 2007 coup written constitution made stronger the incestuous process of judges choosing new judges, the bureaucracy choosing its upper ranks from within, the military reshuffle being done by the military apart of civilian authority. Some people like this feudalism, I don't. It's unprofessional.

• Like 2

Seriously which people?

The 1997 constitution is known as "the people's" constitution. The 2007 constitution in 90% the same word for word.

Let's take a closer look than some broad sweeping generalized statement that says nothing. The problem is with both the 90% and the 10%, as in the 100% 2007 military commanded constitution fostered on the Thai people.

Each constitution has major flaws that have in leaps and bounds led Thailand directly to the present chaos of events and circumstances. Indeed, the 2007 constitution built on obviously avoidable major flaws contained in the 1997 constitution, thus compounding Thailand's problems.

For instance, one major flaw of the 2007 constitution is that it continued the 1997 constitution's incestuous culture of judges appointing successor judges without any external accountability or external review by the society or the government. The elites continue to appoint - the elites.

Another major and obvious flaw of the 2007 constitution is that It also continued the 1997 constitution's destructive practice of judges participating in vetting and appointing members to comprise the Election Commission and the Counter Corruption Commission, among other "independent" agencies. The two agencies along with the constitutional court judges involved in appointing members of each agency are presently the principal agencies actively undermining the democratically elected government.

Compounding Thailand's contemporary and confounding problems of the moment, the 2007 constitution introduced another incestuous provision, which is that judges and other members of the elites appoint half the Senate, a new and onerous anti-democracy article that compounds the present crisis of democracy and which has contributed significantly to undermining the legitimately elected democratic government.

Further, neither the 1997 nor the 2007 constitution respectively address the vital matter of Thailand's "deep state" politics and society, so both are inherently flawed and thus counter productive from the standpoint of democracy and the rule of law.

There is much more wrong about each constitution.

However, the ultimate failure of each constitution is the failure, the unwillingness of the elites to tame the military, to in fact bring the military under the control of the elected civilian government authority. Indeed, given Thailand's history of coups, it is an absolute necessity that the Thai constitution be explicit that any attempt at military mutiny, i.e., a coup d'état, must irreversibly result in the death penalty, executed in the public square.

• Like 1

I'm well aware of the connections, however, the 2007 coup written constitution made stronger the incestuous process of judges choosing new judges, the bureaucracy choosing its upper ranks from within, the military reshuffle being done by the military apart of civilian authority. Some people like this feudalism, I don't. It's unprofessional.

Can you please point to the part in the constitution that deals with the military reshuffle, or anything that discusses changes to the constitution that deals with this?

Some people don't like feudalism, but Thaksin loves it. It is how he built his power base in the North and North East. You seem to think that feudalism is only Bangkok based.

Well, he's a step up on Kasit. Between Interpol and the plane in Germany, he really covered himself in glory.

Please, we have been trying to forget Kasit.

Seriously which people?

1. Suthep is wise, honest and popular.

2. Suthep is not wise, honest and popular.

The second statement is 90% the same, word for word, as the first.

There is, I believe, a slight flaw in the argument you have put forward. Wouldn't you agree?

• Like 1

Can you please point to the part in the constitution that deals with the military reshuffle, or anything that discusses changes to the constitution that deals with this?

Some people don't like feudalism, but Thaksin loves it. It is how he built his power base in the North and North East. You seem to think that feudalism is only Bangkok based.

You are wrong in trying to tell me what I think.

Thailand always has been feudal through and through. Only in recent decades has Thailand's endemic feudalism begun to wane, so the feudal lords are trying desperately to revive and rejuvenate it with their "People's Council" and all the rest of it. Warlords have been seizing control of the government since the introduction of democracy.

I could go on but perhaps you might get the picture.

And it is the failure of the constitutions of 1997 and 2007 to address or to deal with the military warlords who execute coups against their own people that is an inherent fault of each document, respectively. Or is it too early in the day for you to read my posts accurately.

"so the feudal lords are trying desperately to revive and rejuvenate it with their "People's Council""

"You seem to think that feudalism is only Bangkok based."