Where is a nice meeting place for a 1st time date? Share your favorites

Robininbkk

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A first date at the motel room? Guys are so typical.

Do you have any better suggestions?...

I would enjoy a walk at the park early evening then find a decent place to eat and have a nice conversation.

thai girls are not generally the most sophisticated of beasts and are happiest in their natural habitat so go for a shopping mall. i usually choose central world as its pretty easy to get to - though they'll still probably arrive late - and has plenty of coffee shops, cinemas, restaurants, places to sit...

or a mall not too far from your place if you intend to lure her back there...

i have tried putting effort into cultural dates as i would back home; art gallery, museum, theatre (ha!) or similar and the girls are just not interested or seemingly able to appreciate...

I like your suggestions. a mall near my place is a wise choice. But I am dating a fairly young Thai lady, 22 years. I was wondering what the Thais do when they go on a date, surely they know some cool and nice places then we farangs do?

FYI, I do not care if I would hit homerun the first date, it would be nice, but not my main goal, first or second base is enough. Although I expect to hit homerun at the second date, So this first date is to suggarcoat my date, so to speak...

Either they go to a short time hotel (girls who arrive alone).

Or go to a restaurant (girls who arrive with chaperones).

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would enjoy a walk at the park early evening then find a decent place to eat and have a nice conversation.

Clearly you aren't a Thai girl.

More than 20m would be by m/c.

Clearly you aren't a Thai girl.
More than 20m would be by m/c.

Excuse me Mr. FiftyTwo, what is wrong with you, why are you always question my nationality? Why can't a normal Thai girl enjoy a walk at the park? I could have said surprise me or pick me up with your privet jet and fly me to London, but that would be only in my fantasy land. I went to Suan Lum and took a walk early evening, it was a nice breeze, less busy and plenty of good place to eat. I would not mind having a date like that.

• Like 2

Update:

Thanks for all the suggestions. We went to Terminal 21, to the foodcourt... She was very happy and we had an excellent view by the window side table. Like I said, she is a normal middle class girl. She did not wanted me to pay anything for her. Even when I insisted, she really looked at me angryly, so I just let it be, I guess she don't want people to think of her being a bargirl or something who leeches of the farang. So I understand and did my best not to make her lose face in public. After that we went to have a few drinks at soi 11, at those old skool VolksWagen-transformed-into-mobile-bar kind of spot. I did not tried to get her drunk, no need to, she ordered some very strong drinks for both of us lol. It was fun, we had great laughter. After that we went to my place because it was late already and the BTS closed down and she said she lived so far and going alone in nighttime as a lady is dangerous. So, as the kind gentleman I am, offered her to sleep at my place until the BTS are open and the sun comes up, when she will be safe to travel by herself. I saw her eyes lid up when I said that, did not expected that...

Well, the rest was history. I did not expected this outcome for this date. I mean to hit ''homerun''. I guess It all depends whether one has a good time or not that makes a Thai girl decide to stay with ya at the first date.

By the way... I like your style... Terminal 21 food court... not surprised she didn't mind paying her half of the bill... 50 baht

I'm also impressed you got a Thai girl to walk from Soi 21 to Soi 11... that's 10 minutes walking with direct exposure to UV rays

We didn't walk lol, took a cab. And it was evening, the only rays where from the lighbulbs :)

Well that rules me out... assuming decent place doesn't mean cheap place, and assuming nice conversation doesn't mean guessing bra sizes of the other diners.... but for the sake of the more sophisticated members of this forum who may be considering offering take you on this dream date, may I ask what happens after the dinner?...

• Like 1

She caught you nicely, wait for the " I'm pregnant" routine.

Dont think the "I used a condom" answer is gonna save you from the brothers uncles cousins and may be her father due to introduce themselves any time soon as she knows exactly where to find you !

Never heard of a "honey trap", you fell for it nicely.

I don't think she wants to ''honey trap'' me. I actually spoken with her mum while we were sitting at the foodcourt. She spoke English quite well. Told me she is a goverment official for the Thai royal architecture, with whom she has international based contacts on a daily basis. I don't think she is out to catch the gulible farang. I have been there done that, So I know about it. Based on everything at the date and everything we talked about, it seems legit.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves shall we Charlie? Just enjoy the ride without worrying too much. This is Thailand right? Enjoy.

If you've arranged this date through a Thai dating site you could spend the first hour trying to recognise her from the stylised photoshop version that appeared on her profile

Most girls I have met seem perfectly happy grazing in the large food halls that provide a good selection of hot and spicy meals at very reasonable prices. Your 'girl next door' should be perfectly content with that

Good place, too, for you to eye up the other available talent while your date wanders around filling her tray

Wherever you arrange to meet she's probably been there with another farang at some time. The years I have spent in Thailand and the host of 'relationships' I have been in has taught me that absolutely nothing is as it first appears in this enigmatic Kingdom.

For 'first date' substitute 'first date today', and for 'virgin' substitute 'since last night' or maybe 'first thing that morning'

But who am I to talk. If telling porkies (pork pies- lies) make one's nose grow I could sniff out a whore's handbag in Udon from my base in Pattaya

• Like 2

I am stunned at some of the suggestions that you are getting here for a date. Bike ride in the park, boat trips, coffee shop, movie, shopping mall, restaurant........

Let that be AMP (Another Man's Problem)

Here is what you should follow.

Turok's Tips For Going Out With A Thai Girl

1. There should never ever be plates, cups, forks, spoons, knives, mugs, napkins, candles etc... In front of a Thai girl. She can eat before without you.

2. No coffee dates. Alcohol is the only liquid going down her throat.

3. Fresh outdoor air should never enter her lungs. Sunshine hitting her face is out of the question. This leads to...

4. You meet a Thai girl when it is dark, you take care of business in the dark and you leave her place while it is still dark! No sleepovers.

5. Cheap short time hotels get a 5 star rating from Turok.

A romantic place, expensive place or fun place does not determine if you are going to get laid! Being too kind to women is actually a turn off. Be the Bad Guy. It is guaranteed to get you more ass than a toilet seat and with less hassle and less money. Girls love the Bad Guy.

Stop being the WKOP. (White Knight of Poon)

Turok, Dinosaur Hunter

Edited by Turok
  • Like 2

She caught you nicely, wait for the " I'm pregnant" routine.

Dont think the "I used a condom" answer is gonna save you from the brothers uncles cousins and may be her father due to introduce themselves any time soon as she knows exactly where to find you !

Never heard of a "honey trap", you fell for it nicely.

I don't think she wants to ''honey trap'' me. I actually spoken with her mum while we were sitting at the foodcourt. She spoke English quite well. Told me she is a goverment official for the Thai royal architecture, with whom she has international based contacts on a daily basis. I don't think she is out to catch the gulible farang. I have been there done that, So I know about it. Based on everything at the date and everything we talked about, it seems legit.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves shall we Charlie? Just enjoy the ride without worrying too much. This is Thailand right? Enjoy.

You spoke to her mum?!... you might "enjoy the ride" but your on an express train which isn't stopping until it reaches the end of the line..

Update:

Thanks for all the suggestions. We went to Terminal 21, to the foodcourt... She was very happy and we had an excellent view by the window side table. Like I said, she is a normal middle class girl. She did not wanted me to pay anything for her. Even when I insisted, she really looked at me angryly, so I just let it be, I guess she don't want people to think of her being a bargirl or something who leeches of the farang. So I understand and did my best not to make her lose face in public. After that we went to have a few drinks at soi 11, at those old skool VolksWagen-transformed-into-mobile-bar kind of spot. I did not tried to get her drunk, no need to, she ordered some very strong drinks for both of us lol. It was fun, we had great laughter. After that we went to my place because it was late already and the BTS closed down and she said she lived so far and going alone in nighttime as a lady is dangerous. So, as the kind gentleman I am, offered her to sleep at my place until the BTS are open and the sun comes up, when she will be safe to travel by herself. I saw her eyes lid up when I said that, did not expected that...

Well, the rest was history. I did not expected this outcome for this date. I mean to hit ''homerun''. I guess It all depends whether one has a good time or not that makes a Thai girl decide to stay with ya at the first date.

I expect great things of you two.

With the relationship developing so quickly, I see nothing but clear sailing and the breeze at your back.

As for the 'homerun' ... thanks for sharing ... coffee1.gif ... you're such a romantic.

doesnt exactly get the job done now ,does it ?

doesnt exactly get the job done now ,does it ?

Don't be confused between getting the job done and starting some kind of relationship.

If I want to get the job done, I would have NO date, I would go at your place and get it done.

thai girls are not generally the most sophisticated of beasts and are happiest in their natural habitat so go for a shopping mall. i usually choose central world as its pretty easy to get to - though they'll still probably arrive late - and has plenty of coffee shops, cinemas, restaurants, places to sit...

or a mall not too far from your place if you intend to lure her back there...

i have tried putting effort into cultural dates as i would back home; art gallery, museum, theatre (ha!) or similar and the girls are just not interested or seemingly able to appreciate...

I like your suggestions. a mall near my place is a wise choice. But I am dating a fairly young Thai lady, 22 years. I was wondering what the Thais do when they go on a date, surely they know some cool and nice places then we farangs do?

FYI, I do not care if I would hit homerun the first date, it would be nice, but not my main goal, first or second base is enough. Although I expect to hit homerun at the second date, So this first date is to suggarcoat my date, so to speak...

where Thais go?somewhere for eat!try moo kataa,always a winner.she can eat as much as she wants and you still can enjoy a few beers and the gals who are promoting it.

Edited by Crazy chef 1

The suspense was killing me so it was with welcome relief that I returned to this site to find that OP decided on the prefect intinery for his date that wasn't a place any responder had suggested and yet - he got laid! What are the odds that any of the readership here could accomplish that? What a success story!

• Like 1