Another accident on notorious stretch of road in South Pattaya

Rimmer

Another accident on notorious stretch of road in South Pattaya

road-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--One of the most dangerous sections of highway, ironically situated directly outside of the Highway Police Station on the Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya, has claimed another victim. Luckily relatively minor injuries were sustained.

Police and rescue workers were called to the location at 10am on Friday where Khun Sompong aged 31, had come off his motorbike after he claimed he was forced to take evasive action to avoid a fast approaching car and clipped an uneven lump of tarmac on the 500 meter stretch of road which, for many years, has remained in a dangerous condition despite pleas to the Pattaya Mayor to spend some money and sort out the problem.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/120874/another-accident-on-notorious-stretch-of-road-in-south-pattaya/#sthash.JLyg3CTs.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-03-08

Keep within the speed limit that bump is no hazard if your bike is road worthy.

You have to be joking. Motorcycles have to keep to the left - and those lanes not only have sharp bumps, there are also indented drain gratings to negotiate, meaning you have to swerve a lot to avoid hazards. Anyway, what is the speed limit? I defy you to exceed it on those inside lanes on a standard road bike.

Keep within the speed limit that bump is no hazard if your bike is road worthy.

You have to be joking. Motorcycles have to keep to the left - and those lanes not only have sharp bumps, there are also indented drain gratings to negotiate, meaning you have to swerve a lot to avoid hazards. Anyway, what is the speed limit? I defy you to exceed it on those inside lanes on a standard road bike.

Done it many times in the dark, luckily I'm still here I guess.

I must admit the 1st time I did it there was some bunnyhopping involved as there were large horizontal gauges cut out of the road on some road works I driven through.

Done 100kmh+ on a click but I was following the lights of a thai who was 200 metres ahead, if he came off his bike I would have stopped.

What is more important than all of this, is the riders should not only have safety hats, that should be worn on the head, but that the standard of the safety hat should be of high safety level.

A few uneven bumps in the road. So what. This is Thailand. Who will pay for the repairs ? The people that take the "big bungs" ? I think not.