Patong Mayor Pian guilty of vote fraud, but will run for re-election

webfact

The voters must ask their selves would i buy a second hand car from this ars*hole

The voters must ask themselves 'would I vote for this guy again after he was convicted of voter fraud?'

And they will, mark my words. And you can take that to the bank. Pun intended. smile.png

Patong has an unusual voting base. It's very small for the amount of people that live there. That's probably why they can bring in a small amount of bribed voters that will swing the difference. I don't know the details of how this works but It's been explained to me in the past that the voter base is small and it's difficult to register to vote without being a long time resident. Thus you get the same crooks over and over again and why things will never change.

yep, very hard to be registered to vote... unless you happen to be one of the 160 tenants living in one of the mayor's 4 properties w00t.gif

Edited by pistachios
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just gotta love this government.

They show their stand on corruption quite clearly.

WPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ce.52UL_9jJ74.pngwai.gif alt=wai.gif>

This are the yellowish politicians, who are 1000 more corrupt than the PTP, according all international ONGs (see Transparency International).

Nothing can be more corrupt than the "un-democratic" thugs

I think I need to read this article again.

Welcome to the land of make believe and fantasy. Where no one is ever punished and all your dreams can come true if you are a crooked sordid bastard. Keep the electorate dumb while you rape the coffers. This is so much fun. Sometimes I wake up and wonder if this is reality! Nope, just Thailand .

Edited by inzman

What a joke, how can the Thai people put up with this &lt;deleted&gt;! Is he not with the PDRC?

No, the red cards are handed out by Thaksin as a free "out of jail cards"

Just gotta love this government.

They show their stand on corruption quite clearly.

xWPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ic.52UL_9jJ74.pnwai.gif

This are the yellowish politicians, who are 1000 more corrupt than the PTP, according all international ONGs (see Transparency International).

Nothing can be more corrupt than the "un-democratic" thugs

Consider you last sentence ignored.

That said, what ever party, give this guy the boot !

Not allowing swine like this guy to run for elected office, would be one of many thousands of steps required to bring Thailand into the 21st century, and allow it to join the civilized world, when it comes to this issue of corruption. But, as I stated in a previous post:

The primary issue, is that there is little to zero interest in fighting corruption here. Nearly every level of government, and law enforcement has given up the fight, or not bothered waging a fight in the first place. When they do, they are thwarted at every level, by nearly every official or person involved. Though Thailand has made alot of noise about integrating itself into the world community, and especially ASEAN, to date they have defied many, many charters they have signed, especially the 6th charter, which I believe was signed back in 2009. I am told there are about 20 different international government bodies that are going to monitor Thailand's participation, and conduct once the upcoming ASEAN integration takes place in 2015. Many are skeptical, for good reason. Thailand has a very long history of making promises to the international community, and breaking them, when it comes to integration, easing of customs restriction, the import market, etc. To date, they have remained fabulously insular, and in some respects resemble China, when it comes to keeping their own markets closed to outside competition. The term protectionism comes to mind.

Getting back to the corruption issue, it is incredibly frustrating for many of us to see the level with which it affects this nation. But, so far, there is no Anna Hazare, or other such heroes who have stood up, risked life and limb, and been willing to carry the torch. I have seen no fight. No game. No resistance. No battle. No courage. No fortitude. No conviction. No arrests. Nobody jailed. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. So, you are seeking something that is simply not there. There may be some talk from time to time, from goombahs like Chalerm, but no action, ever! Does the "anti-corruption" agency ever fight corruption? No. What do they do? They focus on election fraud. So, you are simply engaging in an act that, if it produces anything, will end in deportation, denial of a visa, scorn, violence, or bodily harm to you or your family. But, rest assured, it will not result in anybody being disciplined, losing their job, fined, or jailed. At the lowest to the highest level of government here, there is zero interest in that. SImply too much money being made, and no interest in upsetting the apple cart.

Not allowing swine like this guy to run for elected office, would be one of many thousands of steps required to bring Thailand into the 21st century, and allow it to join the civilized world, when it comes to this issue of corruption. But, as I stated in a previous post:

The primary issue, is that there is little to zero interest in fighting corruption here. Nearly every level of government, and law enforcement has given up the fight, or not bothered waging a fight in the first place. When they do, they are thwarted at every level, by nearly every official or person involved. Though Thailand has made alot of noise about integrating itself into the world community, and especially ASEAN, to date they have defied many, many charters they have signed, especially the 6th charter, which I believe was signed back in 2009. I am told there are about 20 different international government bodies that are going to monitor Thailand's participation, and conduct once the upcoming ASEAN integration takes place in 2015. Many are skeptical, for good reason. Thailand has a very long history of making promises to the international community, and breaking them, when it comes to integration, easing of customs restriction, the import market, etc. To date, they have remained fabulously insular, and in some respects resemble China, when it comes to keeping their own markets closed to outside competition. The term protectionism comes to mind.

Getting back to the corruption issue, it is incredibly frustrating for many of us to see the level with which it affects this nation. But, so far, there is no Anna Hazare, or other such heroes who have stood up, risked life and limb, and been willing to carry the torch. I have seen no fight. No game. No resistance. No battle. No courage. No fortitude. No conviction. No arrests. Nobody jailed. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. So, you are seeking something that is simply not there. There may be some talk from time to time, from goombahs like Chalerm, but no action, ever! Does the "anti-corruption" agency ever fight corruption? No. What do they do? They focus on election fraud. So, you are simply engaging in an act that, if it produces anything, will end in deportation, denial of a visa, scorn, violence, or bodily harm to you or your family. But, rest assured, it will not result in anybody being disciplined, losing their job, fined, or jailed. At the lowest to the highest level of government here, there is zero interest in that. SImply too much money being made, and no interest in upsetting the apple cart.

Yes, corruption is accepted in Thailand. Farangs don't get this. Thailand is corrupt at every level of government and Thais don't care. Farang outrage to standard business/government practices is of no interest to Thais. It is what it is.

The crooked mayor will be reelected. If it bother you, think too much.

• Like 1

I met him a couple of years ago at the Loi Krathong festival on Bangla rd. He definitely walked around knowing he was a powerful man, very cold as well. Now his sons are running Soi's and following in his footsteps.