Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MH370: PDRM and Interpol investigates passenger of Uyghur ethnicity Astro Awani | Updated: March 13, 2014

KUALA LUMPUR: The Royal Malaysia Police and the international police, Interpol is currently investigating the background of a man of Uyghur ethnicity who boarded the Malaysia Airlines (MAS) plane MH370.

A local daily, Harian Metro reported, that this was confirmed by Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department Director, Datuk Hadi Ho Abdullah.

“We are still investigating the matter,” he said without further comments.

It was reported that the 35-year-old man of Uyghur ethnicity is an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at a university in Turkey and holds a Ph D.

He had also previously done research on flight simulations.

The attention is focused on this man because of the skills he possessed.

The investigation is also done as the government is not ruling out terrorism as a cause for the missing Boeing 777-MH370, last Saturday.

Uyghur is a group from the Turkish ethnicity who lives in China.

Cr: http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/mh370-pdrm-and-interpol-investigates-passenger-of-uyghur-ethnicity-31765

This guy highjacked the plane as he is very familiar with flight simulators. Is this a possibility ?

Remember the info that is being disseminated may not be the whole truth, or even anything resembling the truth... "They" could be feeding us any old rubbish - and at times it seems they have been.

As to extending the possible flight range by another 4 hours flying time - why should it be limited to just this. There would have been about 7 hours more fuel on board normally (to PEK plus contingency), but if this WAS a premeditated incident, then they could have take on a lot more fuel "for the wife and kids" as I believe it is referred to in airline parlance.

Obviously there still much we don't know, and I'm starting to seriously question what we think we do know - or have been told, and that's ignoring the incompetence (or possibly deliberate obsfucation) we have seen so far.

MH370: PDRM and Interpol investigates passenger of Uyghur ethnicity Astro Awani | Updated: March 13, 2014

KUALA LUMPUR: The Royal Malaysia Police and the international police, Interpol is currently investigating the background of a man of Uyghur ethnicity who boarded the Malaysia Airlines (MAS) plane MH370.

A local daily, Harian Metro reported, that this was confirmed by Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department Director, Datuk Hadi Ho Abdullah.

It was reported that the 35-year-old man of Uyghur ethnicity is an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at a university in Turkey and holds a Ph D.

The investigation is also done as the government is not ruling out terrorism as a cause for the missing Boeing 777-MH370, last Saturday.

Cr: http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/mh370-pdrm-and-interpol-investigates-passenger-of-uyghur-ethnicity-31765

This guy highjacked the plane as he is very familiar with flight simulators. Is this a possibility ?

BBC has the daily press conference on now. They said that the Engines transmitting data angle is not correct. They asked Rolls Royce and Boeing personally on this matter and both stated that they have NO such data.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Engines transmitting data ,that ones new to me , could not be so lucky it included gps signals ?

This was news to me too but there was an ex Rolls Royce employee on BBC radio yesterday claiming this info is collected automatically from all RR Trent engines independently of the aircraft's own communication system. However they only receive info about the engines performance and faults, they are not tracked.

there was a TV doco about RR some time back and it showed the data collection centre at RR where they monitor all engines in flight around the world so if theres a problem then they contact the pilot .it didnt go into great detail about the data though so what they are collecting who knows?

I believe it's up to the flight crew to check the amount of fuel but who decides how much they put on board?

I believe it's up to the flight crew to check the amount of fuel but who decides how much they put on board?

It's the captain who has the final say in how much to load. The amount is based on a complex set of calculations.

says here the engines were transmitting for 5 hours after contact was lost

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/search-planes-checking-china-satellite-report-missing-airliner-032507443--sector.html#ieZgUhE

The Wall Street Journal said U.S. aviation investigators and national security officials believed the plane flew for a total of five hours, based on data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing 777's engines as part of a standard monitoring programme. (http://r.reuters.com/ruw57v)

Hi,

I am pretty sure the engine parameters are monitored but don't think the aircraft position and flight data are linked to that specific engine reporting system.

They report airspeed and altitude (I read), the things that any decent engine needs to know.

It's the captain who has the final say in how much to load. The amount is based on a complex set of calculations.

Thanks

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/search-planes-checking-china-satellite-report-missing-airliner-032507443--sector.html#ieZgUhE

The Wall Street Journal said U.S. aviation investigators and national security officials believed the plane flew for a total of five hours, based on data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing 777's engines as part of a standard monitoring programme. (http://r.reuters.com/ruw57v)

But the headline right now being shown on Al Jazeera is

“ Malaysian transport Minister rejects report plane flew for an extra four hours “facepalm.gif

Yes this would expand the search area greatly maybe 2-3000km radius from last sighting.

as to the fuel,disallowing corruption or a plot including the fuel company,I'd imagine the fuel provider and the actual ground staff would be in a position to know as fuel is billed.

Of course actual consuption as in your own car depends on many factors speed,headwinds etc

Altho this means it may have reached some pretty unsavoury places you would imagine ds would notice if an unidentified plane strayed into Chinese,Thai or Indian airspace

Just saw the press conference by the Malaysian authorities

In short; No engine data (Acars) was send after 1.07 local.

The Chinese satellite photo was released by 'accident' but still investigated and nothing found in that area.
Malaysia is accepting all help from any one offering, they are not hiding anything. The have shared their radar data with all others, including China and USA. NTSB and FAA are involved even though it is not justified in this stage, but all help is accepted.

All possibilities still open, all search areas therefore still under investigation. The "turnback" is not a 100% sure thing that it is the track/trail of the lost aircraft, but it could be, so that is why they have search areas on both side of the mainland.

Edited by Carib

But the headline right now being shown on Al Jazeera is

“ Malaysian transport Minister rejects report plane flew for an extra four hours “facepalm.gif

Because the Malaysian government has been shown to be making so much sense and sticking to their stories.

Edited by draftvader

I wish people would stop posting stuff that a) was posted hours and sometimes days ago, and B) has been stated to be inaccurate .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Now I have no qualifications in fields of aviation and aeronautics..nor acrobatics

However I do have some bits of paper, from various so-called prestigious institutions of learning,

relating to proficiency in Logic, which as far as I remember included such things as

Deductive and inductive reasoning, and abductive inference

and

Consistency, validity, soundness, and completeness.

If NSA 'believes' and MAS denies and RR/Boeing says nothing

and there is no data

I think one must go back to the Tractatus: "Whereof one cannot speak etc."

and

"The world is the totality of facts"

Well in all of this there is a lot of speaking and damn few facts

One of my hotel guests mentioned yesterday that she heard 2 bangs on the night from Friday to Saturday somewhere between 1 am and 3 am, seemingly coming from the sky. She did not think of this, until now the authorities are saying that the plane might have changed its course more west... Hmm, should she report this? People always start to hear or see things... ;)

ok so on the one hand we have this:

RT @mpoppel: Reuters journalist aboard Vietnamese search aircraft says they failed to locate any objects in area where images showed poss. debris

and on the other we have this:

RT @mpoppel: WSJ sources: U.S. officials investigating possibility missing airliner was diverted toward undisclosed location with transponder turned off

this is all getting seriously loopy...

blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Just leaving no stone unturned. They are investigating possibilities or theories, not absolutes. Some complain of cover up when no information is shared. Some complain when possible theories or explanations are shared. Accordingly, some just like to complain and some have vivid imaginations.

I do hope the plane wreckage is recovered quickly and relatives of the deceased can mourn their loved ones without the distractions of conspiracy theories

I can imagine that scribblers are already penning the first pages of their various conspiracy novels

Your post is completely meaningless, you see, in the real world bad people do conspire to do evil things. I know it's not 'nice' to ponder these things but to deny the existence of conspiracies,

not just in our time but throughout history, is just silly.

At the moment there is insufficient information to say one way or another what happened, other than the plane and it's occupants are missing.

One of my hotel guests mentioned yesterday that she heard 2 bangs on the night from Friday to Saturday somewhere between 1 am and 3 am, seemingly coming from the sky. She did not think of this, until now the authorities are saying that the plane might have changed its course more west... Hmm, should she report this? People always start to hear or see things... wink.png

hmmm ... I think the authorities have enough reports and possible speculative unsupported evidence to investigate at this time. whistling.gif

Uyghurs?

Did I not ask about 72 hours ago whether there was anyone on the passenger manifest who could fly a plane?

J.C. and I have a day job. Clearly our company should insist MAS hires us to do the simple research!

Edited by laolover88

We are still investigating the matter, he said without further comments.

Typically, the would-be hijackers submit the fuel-request paperwork prior to departure bccause only they know the actual itinerary/destination.

Edited by MaxYakov

So we're coming up toward almost 6 days since the plane went missing, and if I'm reading the news right, still basically nothing:

The Chinese satellite photos led to nothing. They still don't know the plane's actual route. Nothing major new regarding the passengers.

Here's CNN's recap of all the things that either aren't known or continue to be unclear or in dispute -- in other words -- their latest recap:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/13/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1