Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

I believe it's up to the flight crew to check the amount of fuel but who decides how much they put on board?

Flight dispatch will generate a flight plan taking into account route, weather and Notams, but ultimately the flight crew will decide how much fuel to carry. The actual amount delivered will be checked by engineering and the flight crew to ensure uplift is enough to complete the flight.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A military airbase....for refueling? And then on to where? Incredible story..... But wait.... why no ransom...why no warbling old ladies dancing around in the goat field? How could this be a hostage situation if no ransom notes/demands are made? Or are these being kept quiet? Perhaps for a surprise rescue?

I posted before about those 20 employees from Freescale Semiconductor company about having some kind of weaponry hi-tech device (UWB) ultra wide band. Whatever it is, someone wants something from this plane.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

This thing, if it is what I think it is. Would have taken a hell of a lot of planning. And it would have taken plenty of time. I mean it is bordering on Hollywood stuff. How would they have projected so far ahead that these scientist were going to be on this particular aircraft at this particular time ?

Also crew rostering and a captain with a home 777 flight simulator.

MH370 is lost due to air pockets

GEORGE TOWN - A lecturer yesterday put forward a new theory about the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines ( MAS ) to the state it may be due to the phenomenon of super pocket water or air pockets extraordinary scale .

Lecturer from the School of Industrial Technology, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM ) , Prof Dr . Mohd . Omar Ab . Kadir told , there is the possibility of the aircraft underwent a remarkable phenomenon of air pockets and probably 10 times the size of normal air pocket , causing the plane to fail .

According to him who has worked as a research officer at the U.S. Naval Academy when pursue their doctorate in the United States told the incident plane that can not be traced by radar is due to the vacuum that exists in the air pocket .

http://www.kosmo.com.my/kosmo/content.asp?y=2014&dt=0313&pub=Kosmo&sec=Negara&pg=ne_02.htm

Edited by metisdead
Edited per fair use policy

GEORGE TOWN - A lecturer yesterday put forward a new theory about the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines ( MAS ) to the state it may be due to the phenomenon of super pocket water or air pockets extraordinary scale .

Lecturer from the School of Industrial Technology, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM ) , Prof Dr . Mohd . Omar Ab . Kadir told , there is the possibility of the aircraft underwent a remarkable phenomenon of air pockets and probably 10 times the size of normal air pocket , causing the plane to fail .

According to him who has worked as a research officer at the U.S. Naval Academy when pursue their doctorate in the United States told the incident plane that can not be traced by radar is due to the vacuum that exists in the air pocket .

http://www.kosmo.com.my/kosmo/content.asp?y=2014&dt=0313&pub=Kosmo&sec=Negara&pg=ne_02.htm

Vaccum??? Why didn't he start to talk about space rifts as well

I just flew back on a Malaysian 777 from Denpasar today....only 6 in business class. The front toilet was locked. I was guided to the mid-section one. Thought it was just out of order but at KLIA read a newspaper report that there's one theory floating around that the cockpit was rushed by a C class passenger when f&b was being served to the crew. So they're taking no chances.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/13/Eyes-on-business-class-flyers-now

I said yesterday.. my theory was hypoxia.... and in a hypoxic blurr, turned on a new heading..... I have had something similar to hypoxia diving to 60m on air (stupid - i know ), and i can tell you, you can't function well....

... some threads with 777 pilots confirming it to be very plausible........ not - unless on auto throttle and alt select..... if under power, a aircraft will decend at a constant speed..... maybe many hours !

Also explains why passengers did not answer their phones as claimed, and the 4 hour engine data report......

That plane went far out over the drink somewhere, my guess is between india and malaysia somewhere ( had enough fuel to reach india - but obviously did not ). it clearly did not proceed over vietnam or in its flight planned route.

if there had been an explosive decompression centred on the E&E bay that knocked out all comms equipment and the crew oxygen could it be that the initial actions of the emergency descent checklist, the first sweep, be accomplished then hypoxia set in before the second sweep could be completed?

Under the old 1000s position of the ALT SEL an anticlockwise spin would reduce the selected altitude by many thousands of feet, an anticlockwise spin of the heading could give a large heading change to the west, the aircraft would descend at current IAS (normally in the cruise at FL350 M.84 equates to 250-260Kts indicated). However if the ALT SEL was in the Auto position a quick spin would change the selected altitude by only several hundreds of feet, possibly by pure chance FL295?

This scenario could explain the lack of comms, the primary radar target tracked on a westerly routing and the fact that no debris has yet been found. At FL295 the pilots would succumb quickly to the effects of hypoxia, the passengers likewise once the passenger oxygen was depleted. The cabin crew may have transferred to portable oxygen and attempted to reach the flight deck (my company trains the cabin crew to do exactly that if the descent has not commenced within 80 seconds). However even had the cabin crew entered the flight deck would (could?) they attempt a radio call, once they removed their mask there wouldn't be much time of useful consciousness to get that call out even assuming they knew how to.

Edited by skippybangkok

"it had fallen to a speed of 10 meters per second or about 900 kilometers per hour ( km / h )"

Absolute rubbish. 10 m/s = 36 km/hour - not 900 kph

I said yesterday.. my theory was hypoxia.... and in a hypoxic blurr, turned on a new heading..... I have had something similar to hypoxia diving to 60m on air (stupid - i know ), and i can tell you, you can't function well....

... some threads with 777 pilots confirming it to be very plausible........ not - unless on auto throttle and alt select..... if under power, a aircraft will decend at a constant speed..... maybe many hours !

Also explains why passengers did not answer their phones as claimed, and the 4 hour engine data report......

That plane went far out over the drink somewhere, my guess is between india and malaysia somewhere ( had enough fuel to reach india - but obviously did not ). it clearly did not proceed over vietnam or in its flight planned route.

if there had been an explosive decompression centred on the E&E bay that knocked out all comms equipment and the crew oxygen could it be that the initial actions of the emergency descent checklist, the first sweep, be accomplished then hypoxia set in before the second sweep could be completed?

Under the old 1000s position of the ALT SEL an anticlockwise spin would reduce the selected altitude by many thousands of feet, an anticlockwise spin of the heading could give a large heading change to the west, the aircraft would descend at current IAS (normally in the cruise at FL350 M.84 equates to 250-260Kts indicated). However if the ALT SEL was in the Auto position a quick spin would change the selected altitude by only several hundreds of feet, possibly by pure chance FL295?

This scenario could explain the lack of comms, the primary radar target tracked on a westerly routing and the fact that no debris has yet been found. At FL295 the pilots would succumb quickly to the effects of hypoxia, the passengers likewise once the passenger oxygen was depleted. The cabin crew may have transferred to portable oxygen and attempted to reach the flight deck (my company trains the cabin crew to do exactly that if the descent has not commenced within 80 seconds). However even had the cabin crew entered the flight deck would (could?) they attempt a radio call, once they removed their mask there wouldn't be much time of useful consciousness to get that call out even assuming they knew how to.

Hi,

plausible scenario there skippy. Lots of portable oxygen onboard for the cabin crew to move around tho. I would hope they would have entered the flight deck at some stage to see what exactly was going on, however how much benefit there would be after a long time had passed is debatable. That's assuming access would be possible due to the location of the E&E bay and possible deformation etc. All speculation of course, but interesting nonetheless.

A kid could fly one of these nowadays, they are all computer controlled.

I know I could jump in a Cessna !52 or 174 any day and fly it even though I have not flown one for 20 years, but one of those things no...

I have tried many flight simulators but nether landed without crashing, best I could do with one of those birds is to figure out the autopilot to set/adjust Heading, Altitude and Speed, and do the mayday call.

I know I could jump in a Cessna !52 or 174 any day and fly it even though I have not flown one for 20 years, but one of those things no...

I have tried many flight simulators but nether landed without crashing, best I could do with one of those birds is to figure out the autopilot to set/adjust Heading, Altitude and Speed, and do the mayday call.

Once it's on autopilot you can turn it simply by twisting a dial.

If you let go of the controls, the aircraft will automatically find a safe altitude and speed.

And with CAT III ILS, aircraft can autoland as well.

And lets not forget a load of terrorist fruitcakes flew three of them after a few weeks training in Florida or something.

A lot of pilots complain these days because they don't do much flying, which means they have sod all experience of actually handling the aircraft in extreme circumstances if they really need to.

Not that any of that matters unless it was a hijack and cockpit takeover of course.

Three days ago on this forum , i told that i heard alot of fighter jets pass my area from the main airport in Sri Lanka. To the East to Nicobar islands. And i assumed they was on something in the indean ocean , cos no reason for these fighter jets suddenly after 30 years of war ended in 2009, no need to train no need to check any other things.. They did at leat two starts per hour daytime from the airport with fighter yets during these two days.

I can now comfirm from European evnign newspapers that Pentagon has comfirmed that they belvie the plane is in Indian ocean. And they have hangar ships ont he way. As i said in the Morning on this forum, Local sri lankan medial stated that fishermens had seen big activity and movments from American Naval base Diego Garcia in the Maldives islets. But The americans did not comfirm..

Also now late ....19 00 UK time i got report from a friend, that Sri lankan goverment and Navy have stopped all fishing boats going towards Nicboar islands and international waters. It also idicates they have found something.. It can be so the US navy using submarines aswell to locate the plane that is why they dont wants to have thusands of fishing boats in the area of search.

I still belive the plane is on the ground, most probl landed in some of the tens of thusands small islets....who might have a WW2 base with airstrip enough to land on. Hudreds of half built or left out bases in the indian ocean from the WW2 exists.

SWEDISH EVNING NEWS PAPER REPORTS PENTAGON STATSMENT

Swedish evning newspaper comfirm pentagon statsment of US navy heading towards Indian Ocean .

http://www.aftonbladet.se/

DIEGO GARCIA - AMERICAS MOST IMPORTANT NAVAL BASE IN INDIAN OCEAN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Garcia

latest news i heard from Radio.

23 30 Local time "thailand time 01 06 "

Massive US Navy hangar ships with several aircrafts on board + several smaller service and pesonal carrier ships have been spotten on East coast of Sri lanka . Also roumors of a collon of more than 20 Black tinned windowed offical cars from the airport towards the capital ,

Most probl to the east coast if they might have set up a "command center" for the operation towards indian ocean if they found something these people most probl are heading towards the US navy boats or this place.

https://www.google.lk/maps/place/Batticaloa/@7.7340001,81.6784698,8z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x3afacd5a8d4e794b:0x445b48547815a564

Edited by Don Johan Negombo

Sorry , misstake, i am a bit excited cos, i seams to be on the right sense now ...that the things i picked up in the morning and a few days ago was pretty correct. And after all it make sense, cos no one find anything in east asia so it most be somewhere :)

DJN

21:00Hrs UK time???

Was that yesterday as it is only 18:00GMT here now.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Nasa Searching Satellite Data for Crash Sites

The mystery surrounding the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines MH370 has grown to such an extent that US space agency Nasa is now pitching in to help find the plane.

Nasa is looking at how it can contribute to the search by making use of its valuable space assets to search images of Earth from space.

"Activities under way include mining data archives of satellite data acquired earlier and using space-based assets, such as the Earth-Observing-1(EO-1) satellite and the ISERV camera on the International Space Station, to acquire new images of possible crash sites," NASA spokesman Allard Beutel told Space.com.

"The resolution of images from these instruments could be used to identify objects of about 98 feet (30 metres) or larger."

Nasa is also going to send any data it finds that could be relevant to the missing airplane over to the US Geological Survey's Earth Resources Observations and Science Hazard Data Distribution System. The agencies collate and share information whenever the International Charter on Space and Major Disasters is activated.

ibtimes

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-color-red-missing-mh370-font-satellites-picked-up-pings-from-malaysia-jet-source-says-1.511912#ixzz2vrxlnnB6

Here's a clarification of the what the WSJ was reporting. It wasn't engine data, hence the denial by the Malasyian officials on that. It was that the system pinged the satellites, for apparently hours. So seemingly no one from RR, Malaysian Airlines, or Boeing would have any knowledge of this as it would be the satellite company that would know.

"KUALA LUMPUR: Communications satellites picked up faint electronic pulses from Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 after it went missing on Saturday, but the signals gave no indication about where the stray jet was heading nor its technical condition, a source close to the investigation said on Thursday."

The mystery surrounding the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines MH370 has grown to such an extent that US space agency Nasa is now pitching in to help find the plane.

Nasa is looking at how it can contribute to the search by making use of its valuable space assets to search images of Earth from space.

"Activities under way include mining data archives of satellite data acquired earlier and using space-based assets, such as the Earth-Observing-1(EO-1) satellite and the ISERV camera on the International Space Station, to acquire new images of possible crash sites," NASA spokesman Allard Beutel told Space.com.

"The resolution of images from these instruments could be used to identify objects of about 98 feet (30 metres) or larger."

Nasa is also going to send any data it finds that could be relevant to the missing airplane over to the US Geological Survey's Earth Resources Observations and Science Hazard Data Distribution System. The agencies collate and share information whenever the International Charter on Space and Major Disasters is activated.

ibtimes

I wonder if they have an algorithm that can automatically identify something that isn't already plotted?

" In a vacuum , any wave shape of the signal and can not function and is equal to the situations faced by MH370 aircraft because the control tower did not receive a distress signal when the aircraft was reportedly cut off on Saturday morning , " he said.

Either google translate fails in big time, or the website is The Onion type.

While it's true that sound waves require medium to travel, radio waves travel the happily in vacuum.

Yes,,,err,,,space (Vacuum) is no deterrent to radio communication. 60 years of listening to Ground control communication to space crew.

ibtimes

I wonder if they have an algorithm that can automatically identify something that isn't already plotted?

Such as light, heat analysis giving indications of chemical/metallic composition....... certainly. For example, discrimination of materials not associated with aircraft. The had this for years.

The area possibility if it flew for 4 more hours as some reports indicated. Twitter Airchive

BilWpdgCUAESbuo.jpg

yes. if in a straight line. But consider all the radar installations it would have to sneak through. That narrows down the possibilities enormously. Include in this, satellite surveillance and that many military ships in this area have radar capabilities...and you eliminate most of that circle

Expanded Area -- bad omen.

In the case of the Malaysia Airlines flight, the search area has continued to expand rather than contract -- something that experts say does not bode well for the likelihood of finding the plane. On Wednesday, Malaysian authorities broadened the search area to 27,000 nautical square miles, nearly doubling its size. On Thursday, authorities said they planned to look farther west toward the Indian Ocean.

It's almost impossible to simply crisscross such a large area in low-flying planes and boats. "It's a monumental task," Griffin said. "It's a vast area. There's a lot of terrain there, remote areas where the plane could have crashed."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/13/opinion/adcock-malaysia-search/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Whatever happened, the negligence shown by current International Safety Regulations must now be reviewed. Aircraft with passengers need to be tracked, and more information must be available to authorities to narrow down these searches. Satellite tracking is mandated in the United States for truckers...and the Company who owns the cargo can see....realtime...if the truck is stuck in a snowdrift or at the MacDonalds Drive-Thru. To say "We don't know where the aircraft is.." will should be an unacceptable answer in the future.

How will this be done? It is not an answer of money...as millions are now being spent on search for this one single missing aircraft...right now. Governments are scratching their <deleted> as they draw bigger and bigger circles on the map.

Perhaps it is a simple answer of pilots being required to report in ever 10 minutes.... "Hey, we are ok and here is our Coordinates.....transponder available or not".

Perhaps Satellite Technology should be mandated to record the path of each flying object, as they currently do for space debris.

Perhaps a tiny, wind powered GPS containing rotars, that could power itself and still send out a coordinate.

Safety has been compromised. Now that it is possible for an airplane to disappear, potential danger lurks for all passengers..... as we cannot be tracked, as it stands now. Hijackers have the edge. It should not be like that.

Whatever happened, the negligence shown by current International Safety Regulations must now be reviewed. Aircraft with passengers need to be tracked, and more information must be available to authorities to narrow down these searches.

If the plane has been hijacked, I do not think the regulations need review.

If the plane has crashed near where the last secondary radar contact was made, we are looking at different issues for detecting wreckage.

If the plane limped on and then crashed, we can ask whether the multiple systems are sufficiently independent.

If there are live passengers at sea, then I can only express surprise that the life rafts have not been found.

Given than no such Cessna !52 or 174 was ever built I really hope you won't take to the skies. Your flying days are behind you.

One thing I think we all agree on. No matter what the outcome of this turns out to be we can expect big changes to flight operations perhaps similar to changes made after 9/11. When sitting in business class it has always worried me the times I have seen the flight deck door open for periods longer than necessary. It would be very easy for a passenger or two to get past any flight attendant and enter that area. Perhaps we will see an airlock area built there with two doors to get to the controls and pilots. And I agree with others, surely there is better ways to track all commercial flights.

If the plane has been hijacked, I do not think the regulations need review.

What an interesting comment... so you are saying hijacking is not a possibility ...and if in fact it did happen...there is nothing we can do in the future to prevent it? Such as reviewing current regulations....access to the cockpit, video surveillance of the cabin...better tracking... etc...etc..

Status quo ok with you?