motorbike taxi drivers mafia in pattaya .help with this

kranuan

Nobody is suggesting littering is admirable behavior. I don't do it just because it's bad behavior but sometimes I have to schlep a long time before coming across a trash can. Also I would just EAT cukes (but not hot dogs). But you're kidding yourself if you think this was about tossing some cuke.

"But you're kidding yourself if you think this was about tossing some cuke."

Most likely it's a troll post designed to excite people like you who see everything in Thailand in terms of THEM against US. It's amazing how some people find drama in every moment of their dreary lives.

nodrama.jpeg

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may well be wrong? But I thought that the cucumber salad etc does not come with the take away food in 7/11 if so then the OP loaded the offending item into the bun himself and almost every 7/11 have bins outside if he wished to dispose of it. Methinks the OP is an angry dude who was rightly taken to task and wrongly thought he might find solace or sympathy here.I saw 4 Russians 2 + 2 this week in Pattaya seated beneath a Buddha statue using it to hold their beer bottles and burgers. I thought this a shocking mark of disrespect but the Thai people did nothing.Just ignored them.

Am 6 ft 4, 18 stone and got a black belt in death, am that hard even me nightmares are scared of me, am up for gettin a little firm together and waiten down a dark dusty soi, when one of them drops one of the boys off there we jump out and kick seven shades of kee out of him, see how they like it. Anybody fancy it?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I know you are a bit tongue in cheek. If I was attacked and beaten up by even one person back in the UK, ( I would not fancy myself against even one twenty something year old) and I knew who it was, I would go after him/them with a pick axe handle. I always kept one for that purpose although I have never had to use it.

Am 6 ft 4, 18 stone and got a black belt in death, am that hard even me nightmares are scared of me, am up for gettin a little firm together and waiten down a dark dusty soi, when one of them drops one of the boys off there we jump out and kick seven shades of kee out of him, see how they like it. Anybody fancy it?

Such an attitude, if such violence conducted against a Thai national will either have you blackballed from the country or have you thrown in prison. Though were are all in awe about your "power".

Can you not see that the poster is not being serious?

• Like 1

Firstly, I would never litter, not even with cucumber.

Secondly, one day I was challenged by a mafia tuk tuk driver, his mates were egging him on to fight me, there was about 25 to 30 of them. I stayed calm and simply sat my man bag down, walked over to his tuk tuk and started bench pressing it, I did about 25 reps with it, all,while whistling the tune to Rocky III, I then snapped a couple of mopeds over my knee and proclaimed I was now ready for the fight. People often mistake the story as urban myth.

Anyway, needless to say, I've never had trouble we the tuk tuk drivers since and they often speed away when they catch a glimpse of my ribbed physique approaching their rank.

OP, Man up a bit ;)

• Like 1

Just one of many little Thai men with a big chip on their shoulder, a lifetime of being shat on, massive ego and inferiority issues while being able to act violently and aggressively to the bigger, richer, freer farang knowing full well that they will have 10 others backing them up in an instant.

Patethic, coward specimens of humanity.

Of course a large part of your description could apply equally to many farangs in Thailand as well

• Like 2

Sorry, defense & fight, defense is always first.

Wrong, putting the attacker on the ground by any means, and making sure he does not get back up always comes first. After your 'defense', what happens when you turn your back? Also, what happens if he draws a weapon? Never mind what the law says, your life is more important.

Nobody is suggesting littering is admirable behavior. I don't do it just because it's bad behavior but sometimes I have to schlep a long time before coming across a trash can. Also I would just EAT cukes (but not hot dogs). But you're kidding yourself if you think this was about tossing some cuke.

It could well be about the cucumber if it was tossed into their taxi-rank area where they all sit and wait for fares. That's not just any random street area, that's their office!

Imagine if you had a restaurant or a shopfront and someone walks by and tosses a bit of unwanted food onto your floor . . .

• Like 1

When it comes to littering they are maybe one of the worst I've seen, I actually got hit in the face by a bag of rubbish thrown from a moving car when I was out with my big bike group. Nearly knocked me off, however he didn't expect me to ride up along him and smack his drivers window real hard, he nearly died of shock! Then did the normal look at the floor there's no-one there routine. I see it happen a lot out on the road, very sad really when it could be such a nice looking country. Anyone know why they just drop litter anywhere?

Another good story is the people who tipped a load of rubbish outside my house on the edge of the grassy verge. Old shoes, clothes, lots of just rubbish. Anyway I sifted through it and found a store card with their name on it. My wife who is a senior Civil Servant then went to the Police boss and quickly found who and where they lived. So around we all went with the card and some of thier crap, again you should of seen their faces! Not in a milion years did they expect that, then they were told to be round my house tomorrow and clean it all up and also got fined. I asked why they did it, but they couldn't answer, just absolute laziness.

Edited by sabian

Off topic, ending this pissing match. Last words, if you did have all these skills & strengths, one of such would never have to announce it to all, unless the said brain was smaller than average. If indeed a black belt you've a lot to learn about the strategy of fight & defense.

this small brains gettin to you by the look of it, jai yen my mate am only 5'2, just avin a laugh..

I knew it was something like that, but I don't believe the 5ft 2ins bit.

Just one of many little Thai men with a big chip on their shoulder, a lifetime of being shat on, massive ego and inferiority issues while being able to act violently and aggressively to the bigger, richer, freer farang knowing full well that they will have 10 others backing them up in an instant.

Of course a large part of your description could apply equally to many farangs in Thailand as well

You must hang around with different Westerners to me.

• Like 2

Although it was biodegradable rubbish, it was rubbish all the same. You would never have had the confrontation had you not thrown rubbish on the street. You would never have had the confrontation if you had accepted the first guy's criticism and picked up the rubbish you had thrown.

I would have stood over and criticised a foreign litterer in my country. How dare they come to my country, disrespect our customs, and then throw rubbish on the street to boot?!

I think the OP needs to show a bit more respect to the host.

This post has nothing to do with littering this is more to do with the sense of superiority some farangs think they have over the natives, how dare they tell a farang off.... Don't they know their place ?

But if the OP wants a hospital visit all because of a piece of cucumber, go for it, just another stupid farang with an attitude me thin

So says the man who advocates hi so lo so!!

Although it was biodegradable rubbish, it was rubbish all the same. You would never have had the confrontation had you not thrown rubbish on the street. You would never have had the confrontation if you had accepted the first guy's criticism and picked up the rubbish you had thrown.

I would have stood over and criticised a foreign litterer in my country. How dare they come to my country, disrespect our customs, and then throw rubbish on the street to boot?!

This post has nothing to do with littering this is more to do with the sense of superiority some farangs think they have over the natives, how dare they tell a farang off.... Don't they know their place ?

But if the OP wants a hospital visit all because of a piece of cucumber, go for it, just another stupid farang with an attitude me thin

I really can not believe the comments that have been written on this thread! The majority of them are from the typical keyboard warrior hypocrites that just think they are so perfect... understand everything about Thais and Thailand, and jump on anyone at the first opportunity they get to make them feel superior. This is not a 'troll' post, I am just so angry at the responses, and feel sorry for how the OP must feel now... both after his awful experience, AND after seeing the kind of responses he got on here!!! This guy has done something that we all have done at some time... and I defy any one of those decrying his behaviour to say they have not dropped a 'fag-end' (and I mean this both literally and metaphorically) on the street at some time or another.

----------

This guy must have been scared... as I would have been (and any sensible person would have been)... and came on here looking for some kind of moral support and understanding, and all he got was insults and a superior, patronising response from the majority of people. Yes, he did include a bit of 'bravado' in his post, but that is because those taxi driver pric*s made him feel vulnerable, and angry... a perfectly normal response from a man, given the situation.

no sorry no sympathy, just by living in Pattaya you're asking for this kind of thing happens all the time there & the other tourism slums

as we sensible folk all agree swallow your misplaced pride, apologize, clean up your litter and toddle on tail between your legs, nothing to see move along and don't bother whinging about it

and no I haven't littered at all since I was maybe 6 y.o.

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

When it comes to littering they are maybe one of the worst I've seen, I actually got hit in the face by a bag of rubbish thrown from a moving car when I was out with my big bike group. Nearly knocked me off, however he didn't expect me to ride up along him and smack his drivers window real hard, he nearly died of shock! Then did the normal look at the floor there's no-one there routine. I see it happen a lot out on the road, very sad really when it could be such a nice looking country. Anyone know why they just drop litter anywhere?

Another good story is the people who tipped a load of rubbish outside my house on the edge of the grassy verge. Old shoes, clothes, lots of just rubbish. Anyway I sifted through it and found a store card with their name on it. My wife who is a senior Civil Servant then went to the Police boss and quickly found who and where they lived. So around we all went with the card and some of thier crap, again you should of seen their faces! Not in a milion years did they expect that, then they were told to be round my house tomorrow and clean it all up and also got fined. I asked why they did it, but they couldn't answer, just absolute laziness.

They drop litter as they are BONE IDLE nothing more than that.

You must hang around with different Westerners to me.

Yes I do...very different

Oh dear a Thai talking to westerner like this how dare they, the should be kowtowing down at your feet saying "yes boss" you littered dear boy and were called on it

As regards "I am a big guy and can handle myself" grow up you silly man, you will not be so big if you have 10 of them coming at you to beat the sh*t out of you

All over a piece of cucumber.... Grow up, how petty

I really can not believe the comments that have been written on this thread! The majority of them are from the typical keyboard warrior hypocrites that just think they are so perfect... understand everything about Thais and Thailand, and jump on anyone at the first opportunity they get to make them feel superior. This is not a 'troll' post, I am just so angry at the responses, and feel sorry for how the OP must feel now... both after his awful experience, AND after seeing the kind of responses he got on here!!! This guy has done something that we all have done at some time... and I defy any one of those decrying his behaviour to say they have not dropped a 'fag-end' (and I mean this both literally and metaphorically) on the street at some time or another. This was a piece of cucumber dam_n it... not a fag packet, or empty can etc! ... and the thing is that the kind of response from the Thai guy... with the potential for something serious to end up happening... could happen to any one of us (and yes you hypocrites... YOU too... would you then blame yourself? I doubt it!). The Thai guy's response was completely out of order and way over the top, and I agree with the OP that it was pure bullying and showing off... maybe he was pissed off at something, but it was most certainly NOT at the piece of cucumber being thrown away! If he really was upset at a piece of cucumber being thrown away, then there are a million other ways he could have (more effectively) pointed this out to the OP, without threatening or bullying behaviour... this is not acceptable on any level. Would he have responded the same to a female? or - as someone else has pointed out here - a Thai person??? If you believe that a Thai person would really get so angry at someone 'coming to our country and disrespecting it (by throwing a piece of cucumber away)' then you are living in Cuckoo land. So Thai people don't throw crap all over the place eh? What absolute bo**ocks! This guy must have been scared... as I would have been (and any sensible person would have been)... and came on here looking for some kind of moral support and understanding, and all he got was insults and a superior, patronising response from the majority of people. Yes, he did include a bit of 'bravado' in his post, but that is because those taxi driver pric*s made him feel vulnerable, and angry... a perfectly normal response from a man, given the situation. I can imagine the responses from many of you if the guy had been seriously hurt, and the newspaper headlines were along the lines of ' Tourist seriously injured by Taxi driver gang for throwing away a piece of cucumber'... you would all be writing about how bad the taxi mafia is... how something should be done about it... how disgraceful it is... etc etc etc.

Ok... so now you can all blast me... I really don't give a poo.... I just wanted the OP to know that there was at least a couple of people who agree with him that it was bang out of order... scary... but that he should not be thinking about 'going back to sort them out'... just realise that - the same as every country in the world... Thailand also has its macho idiots... but that here you just have to do your best and avoid them, and that situations like this (unfortunately) do happen, but you always have to take the 'humble' way out... and walk away... even if it does damage your ego, because the risk isn't worth it. My sympathies are with the OP... a horrible thing to happen to anyone, and he certainly does not deserve the responses given by some people on here. If you want to blast me for this... feel free... water off a duck's back and all that!

Of course you do know the OP is known for starting "trollish" type posts in order to wind people up to get a reaction.... This "event" may just be part of his imagination and never really happened either

Me personally I cannot stand them taxi drivers . I love Thailand and it's people but these knobs get right on my nervs I have them right out side my condo out side the family mart pissing agianst the wall no matter what time of the day . Saturday morning 15 of them screaming at the Thai boxing on the tv . No matter witch lady walks by from 15 to 50 worker or street walker they get abused with comment no matter if there with partners or with out they have all ways got something to say and the slightest sign of trouble there there not to defuse it but to wind it up so they can call the boys over to join in . There all just lay about lazy pimps that sell what ever they can mostly there girl friends

What are you blabbing on about ?

The big question is why did you put the cucumber on you hotdog in the first place??? I think in the back of your mind you intended to throw that cucumber. Guys like you should be black listed in jailed for 2 years, nothing but a trouble maker. Sometimes those motor bike guys are looking for a reason to fight, deep down they hate our guts, remember that next time. As for me I just like mustard & ketchup so no trouble for me.

U have trash can right outside the 7/11.use it.... Or use the dog.

A lot of 7-11s do not have a trash bin, if they have and I have bought a can of juice, I stand there and drink it, use the bin instead of walking on as I know there may not be another one.

At least where I've lived they're good guys once you get to know them and no longer a mark, very useful not only for local knowledge but how to get grey-area stuff done, intel on the BiB scams and yes local new talent getting into the game.

Definitely don't want to get on their wrong side nor let them know too much of your private biz, talk about jungle drums! In some scenarios you want to change motos at least twice between points A & B, let #1 leave without even seeing you're hailing a #2.

• Like 1

Of course you do know the OP is known for starting "trollish" type posts in order to wind people up to get a reaction.... This "event" may just be part of his imagination and never really happened either

No he isn't known for that. He has a small number of threads and I just quickly viewed ALL his topics in about a minute, and your charge is bunk. He isn't "known" for anything. Did you just make that insult up just to degrade him? For what reason? Do you think it's impossible for gangs of transport thugs to pounce on foreigners for idiotic reasons? If you live in Pattaya, you wouldn't be surprised or doubt such a personal account, I can assure you. It's so easy to scream troll, then you can live in a fantasy rose colored world and act like these problems don't exist. Cheers.

Strange though Jing, in addition to the OP, the poster has only made 1 other post on this topic and one wonders why he hasn't been posting defending his honour as he is really talking a slagging.....certainly makes me think