I'm innocent, Issara says

Lite Beer

I'm innocent, Issara says
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- People's Democratic Reform Committee leader Issara Somchai insisted he was innocent after Chachoengsao Provincial Court approved an arrest warrant against him for alleged attempted murder and detention of a red shirt who was brutally attacked and thrown into Bang Pakong River.

The court on Friday also approved arrest warrants for five other suspects over the attack on security guard Yuem Nillar, 33, who was thrown in the river with his arms and legs tied.

The arrest warrants were issued after Yuem spoke to police.

He said the five other alleged attackers were PDRC guards who found him carrying a pro-government United front for Democracy against Dictatorship card at a PDRC rally.

He alleged he was detained at the site for five days and taken to the river.

Issara, who faces five charges including assault, depriving of freedom and theft, said he would turn himself in once the PDRC protest ends.

"There is no reason that I had to lead a group of people to kill a person," he said.

"He is only a red shirt without any prominent role. Had we found him coming to our rally, we could have brought him on our rally stage or driven him out of our rally site."

He said it was possible he had been implicated because he was well known.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-09

• Like 1

These protest leader better get used to the fact that just as YL and Chalerm and other PTL party leaders are responsible for what their people do. The Dems and PDRC leaders are also responsible for the actions of what their followers are doing.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'd love to see YL and Chalerm taking responsibility for their own actions, let alone those of their followers.

As for Thaksin... Let's not go there.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

PDRC scum have gotten aways with all kinds of criminal activity simple because the power that be on the anti-government side would cover their illegal activity, that type of power corrupts as they now think they can get away with murder.

Go out and arrest that piece of excrement now!

Who is, "the power that be on the anti-government side" ?

Oh, give me a break - I'm bored with hearing that all the time - 'I'm innocent, I wasn't there, it was someone else posing as me' ...

There's gong to be a lot of people being brought to account soon enough, including YL, Chalerm, etc etc. NONE of them with EVER admit any personal responsibility.

It's the Thai way ... Welcome to 'Thainess' ...

Edited by Mister Fixit

PDRC scum have gotten aways with all kinds of criminal activity simple because the power that be on the anti-government side would cover their illegal activity, that type of power corrupts as they now think they can get away with murder.

Cheers

Never happened on the red side of course... bah.gif

Both sides of the political divide claim to uphold the law when it suits them, ignoring it when it is less convenient.

Pretty much a general attitude in this country, to see laws as suggestions.

That said, law enforcment agencies and the judiciary do not inspire much trust either.

Sort of egg and chicken thing, perhaps.

Cheers

Never happened on the red side of course... bah.gif

When the Redshirts kidnap someone, detain him and torture him over 6 days and then attempt to drown him by tossing him with hands and legs bound into a river, I will have the same sentiment as I do for the accused in this case. Ok?

However, there are no cases to date involving similar circumstances implicating a Redshirt.

The only reason you haven't heard of this before is likely simply because the redshirts are more devious at creating false stories. It is best to remember that there is as of yet no corroborating evidence for this rather fantastical account. Neither the victim nor the accused can be trusted to speak honestly in this situation, and anyone who thinks the police are unbiased is living in fantasy land.

As of right now, any theory is equally likely, and my personal belief is that the redshirts/government are actually quite clever coming up with such a tale. The PDRC is going to need to step up their game if they are going to compete with these guys.

If and when actual verifiable evidence emerges, then I will revisit my opinion on this matter. Until then, everyone would do well to keep in mind that the only thing we have in this case is our own personal biases, and one opinion is as good as the next. It is way too early for anyone to start heaping moral indignation on anyone for this case.

Anyone could have placed those bruises on him, and for the right amount of money I can find you hundreds of people who would willingly submit to receiving them.

Wow you certainly know a lot of Masochists. Is this just some club you're associated with?biggrin.png

Just kidding no offence intendedthumbsup.gif

These protest leader better get used to the fact that just as YL and Chalerm and other PTL party leaders are responsible for what their people do. The Dems and PDRC leaders are also responsible for the actions of what their followers are doing.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'd love to see YL and Chalerm taking responsibility for their own actions, let alone those of their followers.

As for Thaksin... Let's not go there.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You do know you are deflecting,

That is what some people do when they know that there is a problem and don't want to accept or admit there is a problem, also it's what children,

• Like 2

Typical PDRC scum, think they can get away with murder. hope justice prevails.

Justice will prevail as he made up this story, probably assaulted by mafia for not paying back a gambling loan.

About as truthful as we will pay the rice farmers next week.

• Like 2

it seems this whole case rests on the reds testimony, no proof, just what he has said so it is interetsing that they are trying to arrest people before anything is even proven. This really does smell a lot like bullsh*t, no proof, just a reds word but typical of what the police do, anything their red masters tell them.

If it proves to be true I will appologise profusely but I doubt I will have to, just look at what we have seen with the police accusations, the crap surrounding kidnapping yl just last week comes to mind and what ever happened with that, pure bullsh*t just like all their other accusations, this is a joke. Then there are the ones about suthep buying land with the donations, Issara etc, all lies and innuendo, something the reds/ptp are very good at.

it seems this whole case rests on the reds testimony, no proof, just what he has said so it is interetsing that they are trying to arrest people before anything is even proven. This really does smell a lot like bullsh*t, no proof, just a reds word but typical of what the police do, anything their red masters tell them.

If it proves to be true I will appologise profusely but I doubt I will have to, just look at what we have seen with the police accusations, the crap surrounding kidnapping yl just last week comes to mind and what ever happened with that, pure bullsh*t just like all their other accusations, this is a joke. Then there are the ones about suthep buying land with the donations, Issara etc, all lies and innuendo, something the reds/ptp are very good at.

Still waiting for Suthep's promised open and transparent audit on them bags stuffed with cash,,, have you seen it? and rouge monk owning land well gee that would not be a first now would it...

do you really think that these guard's have not ever roughed anyone up? or if you do think it possible it can happen, then do you get to pick and choose which beatings you will accept as legit and the rest is just reds trying to make those peaceful protesters and polite and gentle guards look bad?whistling.gif

• Like 1