UDD questions bunkers and army’s action against Ko Tee

Lite Beer

UDD questions bunkers and army’s action against Ko Tee

207630-imagejpeg-3143521-wpcf_728x413.jp

United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) chair Mrs Thida Thavornseth Saturday night questioned the army’s legal action against Ko Tee and the erection of bunkers around protest stages of the anti-government protesters in Bangkok. She also categorically denied that the red-shirt followers have separatist aspiration.

Addressing a crowd of several thousands of red-shirt followers from 17 northern provinces who gathered in Chiang Mai Saturday, Mrs Thida said that Ko Tee or Wutthipong Kotthammakhun, a red-shirt leader in Pathum Thani, was just an ordinary disc jockey out of over 1,000 affiliated with the UDD and, hence, the army’s legal actions against him amounted to a persecution against an insignificant figure.

She also said she wondered whom the army would fight against for building the bunkers because most red-shirt followers are women and old people.

Mrs Thida explained that the Sor Por Por Lanna acronym which recently appeared on the red shirt followers’ banners and headbands which led to the misunderstanding that the red shirts aspired to partition the northern and northeastern regions from the kingdom actually stood for Samatcha Pokpong Prachathippatai (Assembly for the Protection of Democracy) and not Sathanarat Prachathippatai Prachachon Lanna (Lanna People’s Democratic Republic) as widely misunderstood by anti-government groups and the army.

She said that the rally in Chiang Mai was just an exercise to demonstrate the red-shirt followers’ readiness for a mass rally in the future to call for democracy and to fight against a coup attempt.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/udd-questions-bunkers-armys-action-ko-tee/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=udd-questions-bunkers-armys-action-ko-tee

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-09

looks like she had a heavy night on the turps, what a face. Yes how dare the army set up areas to offer protection for non udd people, if the udd want to shoot or blow them up now it is very hard with the army there, they have to go. So the reds are women, tell that to the ones that shot/blew up the protesters, I dont know about women more like cowards hiding behind women and ko te is a drop kick, he starts all the bullsh*t then whinges when it backfires on him, thida wants to blame someone she look no further than her and the members of the udd that are calling for all this crap.

• Like 2

Does she not read the news?

100,000 being signed up and physically trained by the end of the month.

Ko Tee 'insignificant'?.... yeah right Thida.

You should stop worrying about others and start worrying about yourself. The army would not hesitate to put you out of your misery.

You are a target also.... Carry on digging your grave.

By the way... every time I look at your picture on here, I keep thinking they should put it on a box of Ex-Lax and sell it empty, and those glasses, I bet when you look at a map, you see people waving up at you.

Edited by PepperMe
  • Like 2

I still cant see how the abbreviation PDRL amounts to the name they are now claiming. Even in thai it does not compute. Lady Thida seems a bit worried about the actions the Army is taking against a simple DJ. Mostly i think because she fears worse will happen to her when the Army takes their justice out on her. She jas publically spoken out in support of secession as well prior to the Armys warnings.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"She also said she wondered whom the army would fight against for building the bunkers because most red-shirt followers are women and old people."

​I wasn't under the impression they were planning to fight with anyone. Maybe it is to protect that majority of women and old people from grenades accidentally dropped by the minority? One would almost think those bunkers disrupted some plan of hers ... if one were cynical.

It's amazing how the message changes with the passage of time, I'm glad she explained that what Ko Tee and others were saying was not what they meant but rather a simple misinterpretation.

Good point also.

Her question about 'who you going to fight against'?

The army have not said they were ever going to fight anyone, have they???

Oh.... did she just let the cat out of the bag again?

Possibly the armed militia that they are assembling for training?

• Like 2

That ko tee individual was asking for justice, so what seems to be the problem when it will be served to him? And regarding the bunkers, maybe it have something to do with the dozens unpunished attacks on peaceful protesters praised by your own organisation.

• Like 1

And so we finally have the UDD response to Ko Tee's actions. Rather then distance themselves from him and condemn his actions, they have instead supported him and question the the army. Dear Thida, you may say you're against secession but when you support one of your members who is then you're as good as lying.

• Like 2

looks like she had a heavy night on the turps, what a face. Yes how dare the army set up areas to offer protection for non udd people, if the udd want to shoot or blow them up now it is very hard with the army there, they have to go. So the reds are women, tell that to the ones that shot/blew up the protesters, I dont know about women more like cowards hiding behind women and ko te is a drop kick, he starts all the bullsh*t then whinges when it backfires on him, thida wants to blame someone she look no further than her and the members of the udd that are calling for all this crap.

She does look bad, maybe she's been burning the midnight oil boning up on the Communist Manifesto and it seems it has taken it's toll on the old Communist woman.

• Like 1

United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) chair Mrs Thida Thavornseth Saturday night questioned the army’s legal action against Ko Tee and the erection of bunkers around protest stages of the anti-government protesters in Bangkok. She also categorically denied that the red-shirt followers have separatist aspiration.

.............. She also said she wondered whom the army would fight against for building the bunkers because most red-shirt followers are women and old people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T.V.F. Red Shirters - what a rude old lady huh.png.pagespeed.ce.6VcCaNwNXg.pngsmile.png

"She also said she wondered whom the army would fight against for building the bunkers because most red-shirt followers are women and old people."

​I wasn't under the impression they were planning to fight with anyone. Maybe it is to protect that majority of women and old people from grenades accidentally dropped by the minority? One would almost think those bunkers disrupted some plan of hers ... if one were cynical.

It's amazing how the message changes with the passage of time, I'm glad she explained that what Ko Tee and others were saying was not what they meant but rather a simple misinterpretation.

How do bunkers stop grenades from being fired, or bullets for that matter? Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand bunkers are a defensive measure used by troops facing/fighting an enemy?

Edited by fab4

So then why had the quickly taken down their banners, placing banners denying it, and explaining it for days/weeks in all the press.

If de anti-government protesters and the Army just didn't understand the Chiang Mai slang, she only had to explain it once, but keep going back and twist every statement makes you look guilty as charged…..

How do bunkers stop grenades from being fired, or bullets for that matter? Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand bunkers are a defensive measure used by troops facing/fighting an enemy?

The only 'bunkers' I've seen are a few Army Medical Posts. Clearly marked with a red cross as well. Since when are these classified as 'bunkers'?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

miserable old lady coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

She is either well over 100, or she came with the time machine direct from the 1960s.....

The last time I saw such communists was 20 years ago.....

She and her husband Weng are unreformed communists. They fled into the jungle when the then government outlawed the Thai Communist party and only came back when Chavalit brokered the amnesty during the last Prem government. Neither Thida nor Weng have renounced their communist ideology and are using Thaksin in the hopes of getting rid of the Thai monarchy. What they do not realise, is that, If Thaksin ever managed to get control of Thailand, those two would be cast adrift, if not eliminated. This is Thaksin's style.

You have to admire Thida. After returning from the jungle she has never taken a break from working for the cause..... not even to visit the hairdressers.

• Like 2

And so we finally have the UDD response to Ko Tee's actions. Rather then distance themselves from him and condemn his actions, they have instead supported him and question the the army. Dear Thida, you may say you're against secession but when you support one of your members who is then you're as good as lying.

Isnt this old trouble making, rag faced, hypocritical, old hag his wife?

the bunkers are just temporary housing for the soldiers or would you rather have them staying in 5 star hotels?

Well Thida certainly fell short of disowning Ko Tee, or the other separatist groups inside of the UDD umbrella.

Re the "bunkers". Currently the military there are unarmed. They are set up to deflect grenades fired from a distance via cover and netting. So a fair assessment of them is that they are being used as observation points. Why would anyone think that they are there for other reasons? APC's and tanks would be more aggressive in nature.

Fabby suggests they are there for more nefarious purposes, but sand bags are only useful against small arms. We all know that there are those in Thailand that are not operating under military control with military grade weapons including RPG-7's but it must discourage the violent factions of the UDD that the death of Col. Romklao in Apr 2010 will not easily be repeated due to that netting being present. (The RTA does appear to learn from past mistakes!)

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

miserable old lady coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

She is either well over 100, or she came with the time machine direct from the 1960s.....

The last time I saw such communists was 20 years ago.....

She and her husband Weng are unreformed communists. They fled into the jungle when the then government outlawed the Thai Communist party and only came back when Chavalit brokered the amnesty during the last Prem government. Neither Thida nor Weng have renounced their communist ideology and are using Thaksin in the hopes of getting rid of the Thai monarchy. What they do not realise, is that, If Thaksin ever managed to get control of Thailand, those two would be cast adrift, if not eliminated. This is Thaksin's style.

You have to admire Thida. After returning from the jungle she has never taken a break from working for the cause..... not even to visit the hairdressers.

Nor Yinglack the dentist - she must be so busy ...

post-12849-0-57677900-1394380705_thumb.j

Edited by Mister Fixit