Government urged to recover Thailand’s tourism image

webfact

While disappoiting for hoteliers and other in hospitality the aversion to vice will offer new challenges.

A spokes liar for the Tourism Repellent Agency said many older men are losing their eyesight and sensitivity and may prefer to live with trout in colder climates.

We are planning to sreal millions of passports deposited innPhuket ,build spitoons and facilities for local tourism.

Many young ladies in Esan are dreamng of sending money to aged whitefolks in their hour of need and donatning their dowry to the new hairshirt party.

Mr Bigpink jalopy from the dept of disinformation said all is best in the best possible place

If you take away

1. SEX Tourism

2. Drink and Drug lovers

3. "Medical" Tourism

4. Ex-Army/Navy Retirees

5. Gap Year Students

6. No spend Back Packers

7. "Student" Visa people.

8. Visa Run people (Workers showing as Tourists)

9. On the Run villians.

10. Ferrang scammers

How many ACTUAL tourist would there be?

Can you add any more

Diehard, I had to laugh at your wonderful list.... I'd only add that if I had to give it a "weighting" I'd weigh SEX tourism a solid 75% ++ of all tourists, as many of the others on your list overlap with this category! I bet at least one out of every three men has sex with a Thai woman at some point on their visit, while only 1 out of 20 admit it!!!!

Yes, indeed... my estimate....

33-50% of all men who visit Thailand have sex with a Thai women, most prostitutes of some kind - either pay by the trick, or pay monthly allowances which is the same thing.

Of all these men, the majority DENY IT, until they realize they have herpes or some type of VD and have to see a doctor here or overseas!

Let's be real and stop bullshitting ourselves.

This article, of course, is all about how to cover up Thai reality and deceive tourists/suckers into thinking they're coming to an exotic, tropical paradise. But the threats of civil war from the north, I think, just about kill any real chance of that happening.

• Like 2

The political situation is only a part of what is damaging Thailands "Image". Bus crashes, roadway carnage, pollution, scams, racism, double pricing, corruption, violence aimed at tourists, etc. happens world-wide. Thailand is where I live and these are just a "bit" more noticeable to me.

If the politicos don't get their heads out of the sand and tackle these issues, they will continue to see an exodus of foreign investment and tourists to neighboring countries.

Yes, indeed... my estimate....

33-50% of all men who visit Thailand have sex with a Thai women, most prostitutes of some kind - either pay by the trick, or pay monthly allowances which is the same thing.

Of all these men, the majority DENY IT, until they realize they have herpes or some type of VD and have to see a doctor here or overseas!

Let's be real and stop bullshitting ourselves.

Nothing like taking other peoples inventory. Glad you have met "all these men" who "deny it". Quite a feat and worthy of the Guiness Book.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Government?

What government, there is only an caretaker warming a seat and trying to fend off being ejected.

Tourism is likely not high on her agenda compared to everything else.

And of course the economist says nothing about the passport theft scam that likely

is doing as much or more harm, to the IMAGE of Thailand this week.

Image of course being the operative phrase, facade before substance.

Look good even if you are broken.

Yes, and no news of any Thai police investigation in to fraudulently sold air tickets in Pattaya with false passports. The Thai press doesn't ask any questions.

Mr. Uthai said, in the government’s bid to regain the confidence of foreign tourists, it should urgently find tangible solutions to the ongoing political conflict by making necessary reforms to create reconciliation, justice and unity in the nation, and also making these attempts national agendas.

Those tangible solutions are GET OUT Shinawatra's!!!!!!

I think a task such as this is beyond the reach of the government.

Give them a chance Katipo after all they have shown such skill in all other areas of government surely this isn't beyond them.

Katipo, if you saw how well job they did with paying the farmers, you can go to sleep without problems, the Government takes good care as always.

And if you still have trouble sleeping, I found 1 of Chalerm's bottle's of ear drops, so Cheers

If you take away

1. SEX Tourism

2. Drink and Drug lovers

3. "Medical" Tourism

4. Ex-Army/Navy Retirees

5. Gap Year Students

6. No spend Back Packers

9. On the Run villians.

10. Ferrang scammers

Can you add any more

Also you could add burmese, cambodia, lao, etc. Because they are allowed to work legally without visa and for long term.

Otherwise I have to tell in my opinion, sex or medical tourists still being more genuine tourists than these ones who are working and doing visa run.

If you take away

1. SEX Tourism

2. Drink and Drug lovers

3. "Medical" Tourism

4. Ex-Army/Navy Retirees

5. Gap Year Students

6. No spend Back Packers

9. On the Run villians.

10. Ferrang scammers

Can you add any more

Diehard, I had to laugh at your wonderful list.... I'd only add that if I had to give it a "weighting" I'd weigh SEX tourism a solid 75% ++ of all tourists, as many of the others on your list overlap with this category! I bet at least one out of every three men has sex with a Thai woman at some point on their visit, while only 1 out of 20 admit it!!!!

Maybe....... but only with half Chinese, foreign university educated nice girls with well paid jobs from good families they met whilst touring the temples.

• Like 1

Get Chalerm in, a drop of ear medicine now and then and it will be fixed in 3 MONTHS, not sure about the Shitty Sea Water

though as we all know Chalern won't have anythjing to do with Water,...............................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

They've been talking about cleaning up the transport cartel in Democrat controlled Phuket for years. The result? taxi and tuk tuk fares have increased and tourists are still ripped off. Until all political parties unite against the endemic corruption and dishonesty, nothing will happen. There hasn't been one criminal charge brought against the illegal taxis operating in the Kamala to Katha strip of Phuket ever since the governor promised action. It's no longer a joke. Maybe what will get the attention of Thailand is when there are boycotts of specific regions. Why anyone still goes to Phuket with its polluted water and miserable ambience is beyond me. At least in Hua Hin, which is not a strong supporter of the PTP, the locals do it better.

Usual counter remark, bringing the Dems into the argument.

Has the Dems anything to do with TAT ?? has the Dems anything to do with BKK airport corruption------Pattaya----national parks-----Have a good look at Pattaya city council, and most of the Issan run areas, Kick the police who are involved in Phuket and other places not just the Dems, and that goes with all tourist attractions--jet ski, and so on.

I agree with who ever is at fault for making tourist back off ---sort the lot out not just highlight the DEMs, but stop their corrupt places as well.

The Democrats through their proxy Suthep aided and abetted the shut down of Bangkok and brought on the current crisis in respect to the tourist industry. The claim was that it was to stop corruption. Fine. We are all for that. Unfortunately in three of the most popular destinations, Phuket, Krabi and Samui we see what decades of Democrat rule have brought: Rampant corruption and over development. In Phuket, tourists are abused and exploited. Sorry, but much of the current problems with tourism have been brought to us courtesy of the Democrat political party of Thailand who in all the years of dominating the aforementioned 3 tourist regions did nothing to protect tourism. It was the Democrat supporting PAD that shut down the airports from which Thailand had just started to recover when the new protests started. It is the Democrat party that is implicated in the worst of the tourism sector excesses and it is the Democrat party from which Suthep and his supporters came.

They've been talking about cleaning up the transport cartel in Democrat controlled Phuket for years. The result? taxi and tuk tuk fares have increased and tourists are still ripped off. Until all political parties unite against the endemic corruption and dishonesty, nothing will happen. There hasn't been one criminal charge brought against the illegal taxis operating in the Kamala to Katha strip of Phuket ever since the governor promised action. It's no longer a joke. Maybe what will get the attention of Thailand is when there are boycotts of specific regions. Why anyone still goes to Phuket with its polluted water and miserable ambience is beyond me. At least in Hua Hin, which is not a strong supporter of the PTP, the locals do it better.

Usual counter remark, bringing the Dems into the argument.

Has the Dems anything to do with TAT ?? has the Dems anything to do with BKK airport corruption------Pattaya----national parks-----Have a good look at Pattaya city council, and most of the Issan run areas, Kick the police who are involved in Phuket and other places not just the Dems, and that goes with all tourist attractions--jet ski, and so on.

I agree with who ever is at fault for making tourist back off ---sort the lot out not just highlight the DEMs, but stop their corrupt places as well.

The Democrats through their proxy Suthep aided and abetted the shut down of Bangkok and brought on the current crisis in respect to the tourist industry. The claim was that it was to stop corruption. Fine. We are all for that. Unfortunately in three of the most popular destinations, Phuket, Krabi and Samui we see what decades of Democrat rule have brought: Rampant corruption and over development. In Phuket, tourists are abused and exploited. Sorry, but much of the current problems with tourism have been brought to us courtesy of the Democrat political party of Thailand who in all the years of dominating the aforementioned 3 tourist regions did nothing to protect tourism. It was the Democrat supporting PAD that shut down the airports from which Thailand had just started to recover when the new protests started. It is the Democrat party that is implicated in the worst of the tourism sector excesses and it is the Democrat party from which Suthep and his supporters came.

Look at the whole picture GK, you are so quick to blame anyone but the said government.

Maybe if the government like it promised (photo shoots-remember) Yingluck in the center bringing an end to it all 2 years ago.

Corruption at the top here has not been tackled, why should it stop everywhere else ??? the government has made a big % of the man in the street corrupt.

Who cares anymore ???

Looking at your bent post, it would seem that the Dems are the cause of corruption and so the country has followed their lead.???

I do feel that ANY corrupt area should be cleaned.----like Yingluck--clean the police force, and order they tackle the corrupt areas, THEN whoever is corrupt will be caught.

In a company you own any employee indulging in corrupt practices you would normally sack them. Up to the said government.

Misguided fools.

They just need to focus on their new core markets.

• Plastic surgery
  • Dental
  • Money laundering
  • Fake documents
  • People smuggling
  • Tattoos

Any strategy based on the lovely natural environment is done for. That golden goose has long since been killed.

Edited by fatdrunkandstupid

If you take away

1. SEX Tourism

2. Drink and Drug lovers

3. "Medical" Tourism

4. Ex-Army/Navy Retirees

5. Gap Year Students

6. No spend Back Packers

9. On the Run villians.

10. Ferrang scammers

Can you add any more

My friends came for a First Visit - ther reaction.

Dirty/worn-out hotel (4*)

Rip-off Dirty beach chairs covering the beach (So you couldnt walk on the beach)

Dirty sea shore.

Rip-off - THB 30 for ice in a road side cafe...

"They will NOT return"

What do they say about unhappy customers - they tell at least another 20

But these Internet days - that's at least 200...

If you take away

1. SEX Tourism

2. Drink and Drug lovers

3. "Medical" Tourism

4. Ex-Army/Navy Retirees

5. Gap Year Students

6. No spend Back Packers

9. On the Run villians.

10. Ferrang scammers

Can you add any more

UPDATE: Kao San Fake ID's...

TAT: No need for a Fake Tan, Come to Thailand and get a Free Fake ID with every TRIP, Trick! OR TREAT.

If you take away

1. SEX Tourism

2. Drink and Drug lovers

3. "Medical" Tourism

4. Ex-Army/Navy Retirees

5. Gap Year Students

6. No spend Back Packers

9. On the Run villians.

10. Ferrang scammers

Can you add any more

They need to apply the "name and shame" law to the entire country so honest opinions of the country never see the day of light. Makes sense as if they are going to complain they aren't likely to come back. (exception = TV members) so why not sue them and get what you can?

My friends came for a First Visit - ther reaction.

Dirty/worn-out hotel (4*)

Rip-off Dirty beach chairs covering the beach (So you couldnt walk on the beach)

Dirty sea shore.

Rip-off - THB 30 for ice in a road side cafe...

"They will NOT return"

What do they say about unhappy customers - they tell at least another 20

But these Internet days - that's at least 200...

If you take away

1. SEX Tourism

2. Drink and Drug lovers

3. "Medical" Tourism

4. Ex-Army/Navy Retirees

5. Gap Year Students

6. No spend Back Packers

9. On the Run villians.

10. Ferrang scammers

Can you add any more

And 1 out of every 3 has had sex with a Thai male, while only 1out of 50 admit it !!!rolleyes.gif