Me and My PCX

moe666

I ride a Honda Phantom.

Oil changes every 1,000 km...

50 oil changes already.

Still very good, hehehe

I wouldn't brag about that. lol

How's it feel to know that every 125 scooter on the market can outrun you?

But they're ok for trips, as long as you don't mind doing moderate hills in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Hey, whatever make ya happy! thumbsup.gif

I also been riding a Phantom for over 2years now. Its not how fast you get there, its riding much more comfortably and in style. Grown Man On A SCOOTER..........now that's funnycheesy.gif (mooning)

I ride a Honda Phantom.

50 oil changes already.

Still very good, hehehe

But they're ok for trips, as long as you don't mind doing moderate hills in 2nd and 3rd gear.

I also been riding a Phantom for over 2years now. Its not how fast you get there, its riding much more comfortably and in style. Grown Man On A SCOOTER..........now that's funnycheesy.gif (mooning)

bah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.giffacepalm.gif It is not about what your view of a bike is or what other people ride .Just as long as you do not loose the enjoyment of riding, weather it is a scooter ,cruiser, sports bike or dirt bike just enjoy.

• Like 1

I ride a Honda Phantom.

50 oil changes already.

Still very good, hehehe

you mean a grown man like this chopper guy?cheesy.gif

post-184955-0-84471400-1394545065_thumb.

• Like 1

I am not a mechanic I also own a one year old PCX, have had no problems and service it regularly and treat it with kitten gloves. I drive approximately 70K running around town and at various speeds. I taken the bike on many late evening coming home at 100 on Sukumvit for not for very long period just long enough to fool around.

Here is my take... although the bike is a 150 CC, the distant and constant high speed personally is too much for this bike. If you are putting that amount of distant you should think about buying sometime larger like the 300 cc, a bike this small can only take so much for so long?

I am not a mechanic either. Here is my take:

Per my research, modern engines are designed, produced to run continuously at high power settings.

Honda and the others pull random engines off the production lines and run them 100% for thousands of hours.

Animals need to rest; not so machines.

You butt will give out long before your well maintained PCX.

Many motosai taxi guys run their air-cooled 110 Waves >200,000km. before rebuild.

i ran my pcx 125cc from esan to bkk on a 12 hour trip and only stoped to re-fill gas a few times

all the way at 105kmph and the bike was bouncing off the rev limiter for most of that 12 hours

the tires were very hot as was the engine and exhaust but the bike didnt overheat and 19,000km later

its still fine with nothing more than a couple of oil changes

I am not a mechanic I also own a one year old PCX, have had no problems and service it regularly and treat it with kitten gloves. I drive approximately 70K running around town and at various speeds. I taken the bike on many late evening coming home at 100 on Sukumvit for not for very long period just long enough to fool around.

Here is my take... although the bike is a 150 CC, the distant and constant high speed personally is too much for this bike. If you are putting that amount of distant you should think about buying sometime larger like the 300 cc, a bike this small can only take so much for so long?

Per my research, modern engines are designed, produced to run continuously at high power settings.

Honda and the others pull random engines off the production lines and run them 100% for thousands of hours.

Many motosai taxi guys run their air-cooled 110 Waves >200,000km. before rebuild.

Everything you noted is true but on a personal note deep down I feel a larger engine would take the strain off the bike especially when you run it at that length and speed. I have a click 110 with and can hear the difference on the road at 60K/H when I'm on the 150cc. I just feel or sense a larger bike for this type of usage might be better and might have a contribution to his problem.

@rotorbreeze- if you're a mechanic, why don't you do your own servicing instead of worrying about what a Thai mechanic might do (to the point of having to watch over him, which means you're spending your time on the job regardless of whether you're doing the actual work)- after helicopters, a PCX is something you could work on in your sleep.

I service my own bike for basic stuff, and I'm not a professional mechanic (though I like pretending I am by buying quality tools;)).

I am with Thailand49 on this one, certainly engines have improved but stress is still stress, work any machine hard and it will wear much quicker.

If you are riding flat chat for anything more than intermittently, you need a bike with a bigger engine.

I seemed to remember RMS (Root Mean Squared) as the maximum for a machine's unstressed use, which is about 70% of design maximum. So about 85kph, that said they are fitted with a rev limiter and I don't know what that would be set at.

Line tests are often not far short of a full destructive test and not considered a norm for regular use and I doubt if they are run for thousands of hours at a full 100% output. Although again there is a rev limiter fitted.

Stress is stress but not necessarily strain.

Big difference.

Stress causes excessive wear, strain too, but can also lead to damage, so yes big difference, but really you should avoid both.

Run any machine to it's limit and you can reduce it's life cycle to a fraction of the norm> Example, a 2 stroke Kart engines requires a complete rebuild after one short race, but there are many old Bentleys out there that have never been touched in their 70 year life, simply because they have never been stressed.

Surely it doesn't feel right, running a small engined bike at those sort of speeds? When I rode one back from Udon Thani 80/85kph was about right, if I needed to travel faster I would buy a faster bike.

Stress is stress but not necessarily strain.

Big difference.

Stress causes excessive wear, strain too, but can also lead to damage, so yes big difference, but really you should avoid both.

Run any machine to it's limit and you can reduce it's life cycle to a fraction of the norm> Example, a 2 stroke Kart engines requires a complete rebuild after one short race, but there are many old Bentleys out there that have never been touched in their 70 year life, simply because they have never been stressed.

Surely it doesn't feel right, running a small engined bike at those sort of speeds? When I rode one back from Udon Thani 80/85kph was about right, if I needed to travel faster I would buy a faster bike.

Check your engineering definitions.

A fly landing on a steel I-beam causes a small, but real & calculable stress.

An elephant sitting on a lawn chair will strain it beyond recovery.

If you check out the PCX owner manual under riding instructions you will see what the manufacturer advises as limit are for sustained full power operations.

No limit.

Stress, not strain.

Like your Bentley.

Edited by papa al

Picked up my PCX this morning all fixed up and ready to ride which I did out Canal Road toward Mae Rim. I was carefull about fast acceleration kept the speed around 60 to 80kph. Very smooth and ran like a new bike thanks to new engine. I am going to ride and put about 300k on it then will change the oil and then another change about 1000k.

Picked up my PCX this morning all fixed up and ready to ride which I did out Canal Road toward Mae Rim. I was carefull about fast acceleration kept the speed around 60 to 80kph. Very smooth and ran like a new bike thanks to new engine. I am going to ride and put about 300k on it then will change the oil and then another change about 1000k.

Did the Honda dealer offer you an over bore kit, with bigger pisstins and rings?

Did the Honda dealer offer you an over bore kit, with bigger pisstins and rings?

No it was the stock replacement total all in cost 4,350.00baht