Thaksin upset by Yingluck's 'incompetent' aides: Sources

webfact

Sources: Thaksin Upset By Yingluck's 'Incompetent' Aides
Khaosod English

13945314971394531661l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is upset by his sister's refusal to employ political experts he has arranged for her, according to well-placed sources.

Mr. Thaksin reportedly made the remarks during a meeting with a group of Pheu Thai MPs in Beijing last weekend.

According to the sources inside Pheu Thai Party, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the MPs flew to the Chinese capitol in order to ask for his advices concerning the ongoing political crisis, which pits the embattled government of his younger sister, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, against anti-government protests and their alleged backers in the establishment.

Mr. Thaksin remains an influential figure behind the ruling Pheu Thai Party despite his ousting in the 2006 military coup.

The sources claim that although Mr. Thaksin is confident the military won't launch another coup against his sister's government, he is concerned that the 2 February general election would be ultimately invalidated by the courts.

"He wished the Democrats would run in the election, so that everything will be over," one of the sources said, referring to Mr. Thaksin, "He is confident that Pheu Thai will win another election anyway".

Nevetheless, Mr. Thaksin preferred to see Ms. Yingluck taking more offensive stance toward the ongoing protests led by the People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State, the sources said, such as "taking strict legal actions" against the protesters.

In the meeting with the Pheu Thai MPs, the former leader also allegedly berated Ms. Yingluck for refusing to employ the political advisers and strategists Mr. Thaksin wanted to place into her inner circle.

"Yingluck is not a strong figue. She's a good person but people close to her are incompetent," the source quoted Mr. Thaksin as saying, "I feel sorry for Yingluck, so I don't want to press her too hard. But the people in Thailand aren't up to my standard".

Furthermore, Mr. Thaksin is likewise concerned that Pheu Thai Party lacks "professionals" who can help the party win the media war against the protesters and their backers, particularly the Democrat Party.

"The people with good faces don't come out to defend our party, and those who came out don't have good faces," Mr. Thaksin allegedly complained to the MPs, "Unlike the Democrat Party. They have all the knowledgeable people and academics".

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1394531497&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-11

• Like 1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Khaosod English

13945314971394531661l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is upset by his sister's refusal to employ political experts he has arranged for her, according to well-placed sources.

Mr. Thaksin reportedly made the remarks during a meeting with a group of Pheu Thai MPs in Beijing last weekend.

According to the sources inside Pheu Thai Party, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the MPs flew to the Chinese capitol in order to ask for his advices concerning the ongoing political crisis, which pits the embattled government of his younger sister, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, against anti-government protests and their alleged backers in the establishment.

Mr. Thaksin remains an influential figure behind the ruling Pheu Thai Party despite his ousting in the 2006 military coup.

The sources claim that although Mr. Thaksin is confident the military won't launch another coup against his sister's government, he is concerned that the 2 February general election would be ultimately invalidated by the courts.

"He wished the Democrats would run in the election, so that everything will be over," one of the sources said, referring to Mr. Thaksin, "He is confident that Pheu Thai will win another election anyway".

Nevetheless, Mr. Thaksin preferred to see Ms. Yingluck taking more offensive stance toward the ongoing protests led by the People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State, the sources said, such as "taking strict legal actions" against the protesters.

In the meeting with the Pheu Thai MPs, the former leader also allegedly berated Ms. Yingluck for refusing to employ the political advisers and strategists Mr. Thaksin wanted to place into her inner circle.

"Yingluck is not a strong figue. She's a good person but people close to her are incompetent," the source quoted Mr. Thaksin as saying, "I feel sorry for Yingluck, so I don't want to press her too hard. But the people in Thailand aren't up to my standard".

Furthermore, Mr. Thaksin is likewise concerned that Pheu Thai Party lacks "professionals" who can help the party win the media war against the protesters and their backers, particularly the Democrat Party.

"The people with good faces don't come out to defend our party, and those who came out don't have good faces," Mr. Thaksin allegedly complained to the MPs, "Unlike the Democrat Party. They have all the knowledgeable people and academics".

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1394531497&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2014-03-11

Maybe he meant incompetent sis

Sent from my ST25i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

"According to the sources inside Pheu Thai Party, who spoke on condition of anonymity".

That says a lot.

The source is afraid.
Afraid to say what he/she thinks.
Critical discussion of subordinates is not allowed.
Great democracy within the PT party.
  • Like 1

Rather an amusing comment is it not?

Who is Yinglucks number one aide?

iStock_000000463539XSmall1-179x300.jpg

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

The aides are incompetent?!?

Hard to find me agreeing with TS but he nailed in the head with the incompetent aids of YL in the likes of Surapong, Chalerm, Tarit...they all should go!

Those are all Thaksin's men, I think the (other) incompetents are the group called the "Icecream Gang"

• Like 1

I thought he promised to stay out of politics:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710166-thaksin-upset-by-yinglucks-incompetent-aides-sources/

BANGKOK, Feb. 28 (Xinhua) -- Thailand's deposed Thaksin Shinawatra has promised to stay out of politics after returning to Thailand on Thursday morning, ending 17 months of self-exile since a military coup toppled his government.

The ex-premier said he had returned to defend his and his family's reputation against "unfair" allegations and charges brought up by junta-appointed bodies after the military staged a coup on Sept. 19, 2006 to oust his government while he was attending a United Nations Assembly in New York.

He decided it is the proper time for him to return now that Thailand is returning to the normal track of democratic rule under a Constitutional Monarchy after the country held a general election on Dec. 23, 2007 and had a new elected government.

The 59-year-old billionaire-turned-politician said he would definitely stay out of politics and live quietly and peacefully with his family as a normal Thai citizen in his motherland, as he found "no other place as warm and happy to him."

• Like 1