Suthep to call largest rally ever in Bangkok next few days

webfact

Suthep to call largest rally ever in Bangkok next few days

3-12-2014-10-12-53-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuwan last night announced to call the largest rally ever in Bangkok over the next few days in what he called will be the final push to overthrow the caretaker government.

He did not elaborate the exact time of the final push but said that this would be the largest rally ever in the capital.

He told all supporters and the people from all walk of life and across the country to get ready for the final push and start the reform of the country.

Suthep’s call for the final push came ahead of the ruling today by the Constitution Court on the 2-trillion baht loan bill on its constitutionality.

Suthep earlier said that there was strong possibility that the caretaker prime minister and her cabinet will not show any responsibility if the bill is ruled unconstitutional by the court.

He said her caretaker government has indicated the cabinet should not be held responsible as it was the responsibility of the MPs.

Even the bill is a financial bill and those who passed it should show responsibility to resign if it was rejected as practiced by all legislatives in the world, but he said this caretaker would again show no responsibility, he said.

With such possibility of defiance of the law, of the court, and repeated wrongdoings, it was necessary to have a final push to overthrow the regime, Suthep said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-call-largest-rally-ever-bangkok-next-days/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-12

• Like 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just booked my tciket to come to bangkok after he stopped the other rallies. Now more rallies? Might as well go to Patts

trust me buddy avoid bkk theres alot of pissed of thais and alot of heavy traffic, just head straight to patts from the airport save yourself the grief have a safe trip smile.png

• Like 1

I thought there was something wrong with my computer and I was getting old news.

We've seen this headline a few times now.

I agree with Scamper that we will now see PT once again disregard the rule of law.

I think Chalerm's remarks yesterday about chaos if the "decision" goes the wrong way". says it all.

I also believe that there is a lot of talk behind closed doors and Suthep is planning for a mass demonstration to deter red shirts from coming to Bangkok.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

So we can expect more than 6 million people at the rally. Hang on hasn't he already had 15 final pushes? You have already played this script you toolcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Try coming up with something new. This is like sitting down and watching the same episode of Gilligans Island over and over and over.

Not as half as bad aswatching the Saints trying to win a flag. Now there are real tools.

ouch now that was below the belt.biggrin.png

• Like 2

So we can expect more than 6 million people at the rally. Hang on hasn't he already had 15 final pushes? You have already played this script you toolcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Try coming up with something new. This is like sitting down and watching the same episode of Gilligans Island over and over and over.

Not as half as bad aswatching the Saints trying to win a flag. Now there are real tools.

ouch now that was below the belt.biggrin.png

I believe it is the prerogative of a Bombers supporter to comment thus.

The Constitutional Court's long-awaited ruling today on the 2 trillion baht bill will be a seminal event and the first major volley in the series of legal challenges that the former Yingluck administration faces. If the Constitutional Court deems it unconstitutional, Suthep's suspicions regarding Pheu Thai's response will be spot on. If he is, and Pheu Thai defies the court once again, then that establishes a precedent too frightening to contemplate - a situation where a Constitutional Court ruling is simply ignored, and law itself is seen to be dismiss-able. That is the climate that Pheu Thai and the UDD have been so careful to prepare. It should scare everyone. So, the focus should not be whether Suthep manages to get hundreds of thousands on the streets or even only three or four people. This has never been about Suthep, or the numbers on the streets, or the numbers of tents erected in Lumpini Park. If it was, this movement would have been a non-event from the word go. It hasn't though, and that is because it is a movement of beliefs, not numbers. And the thing about what the PDRC has been consistently right about, and why they have struck such a deep chord in Thai society - is that each day we see actions from Pheu Thai that illuminate the very abuses of power that the PDRC speaks of. Todays' ruling - and Pheu Thai's reaction to it - will indeed be the game-changer. And for those who are skeptical about how the public feels about this throughout the county - need only cast your minds back to the days and weeks following the passing of Thaksin's amnesty bill in the middle of the night.

Your prognosis and reasoning shows little or no flaw. The flaw lies with the ever decreasing credibility of Suthep.

• Like 2

The Constitutional Court's long-awaited ruling today on the 2 trillion baht bill will be a seminal event and the first major volley in the series of legal challenges that the former Yingluck administration faces. If the Constitutional Court deems it unconstitutional, Suthep's suspicions regarding Pheu Thai's response will be spot on. If he is, and Pheu Thai defies the court once again, then that establishes a precedent too frightening to contemplate - a situation where a Constitutional Court ruling is simply ignored, and law itself is seen to be dismiss-able. That is the climate that Pheu Thai and the UDD have been so careful to prepare. It should scare everyone. So, the focus should not be whether Suthep manages to get hundreds of thousands on the streets or even only three or four people. This has never been about Suthep, or the numbers on the streets, or the numbers of tents erected in Lumpini Park. If it was, this movement would have been a non-event from the word go. It hasn't though, and that is because it is a movement of beliefs, not numbers. And the thing about what the PDRC has been consistently right about, and why they have struck such a deep chord in Thai society - is that each day we see actions from Pheu Thai that illuminate the very abuses of power that the PDRC speaks of. Todays' ruling - and Pheu Thai's reaction to it - will indeed be the game-changer. And for those who are skeptical about how the public feels about this throughout the county - need only cast your minds back to the days and weeks following the passing of Thaksin's amnesty bill in the middle of the night.

Quote: " it is a movement of beliefs, not numbers"

Yes Scampi, for once you admit the truth. The belief is the the amart has to control the country. That ordinary Thais are not part of this belief system is indicated by the lack of numbers supporting Suthep and his backers. The protest sites are now occupied only by those paid to be there. Ordinary Thais have sussed out Suthep long ago.

Hold on, you can't say that. You will hurt the feelings of some on TVF that claims the "majority" does not support the current Govt.

• Like 2