Suthep to call largest rally ever in Bangkok next few days

webfact

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The Constitutional Court's long-awaited ruling today on the 2 trillion baht bill will be a seminal event and the first major volley in the series of legal challenges that the former Yingluck administration faces. If the Constitutional Court deems it unconstitutional, Suthep's suspicions regarding Pheu Thai's response will be spot on. If he is, and Pheu Thai defies the court once again, then that establishes a precedent too frightening to contemplate - a situation where a Constitutional Court ruling is simply ignored, and law itself is seen to be dismiss-able. That is the climate that Pheu Thai and the UDD have been so careful to prepare. It should scare everyone. So, the focus should not be whether Suthep manages to get hundreds of thousands on the streets or even only three or four people. This has never been about Suthep, or the numbers on the streets, or the numbers of tents erected in Lumpini Park. If it was, this movement would have been a non-event from the word go. It hasn't though, and that is because it is a movement of beliefs, not numbers. And the thing about what the PDRC has been consistently right about, and why they have struck such a deep chord in Thai society - is that each day we see actions from Pheu Thai that illuminate the very abuses of power that the PDRC speaks of. Todays' ruling - and Pheu Thai's reaction to it - will indeed be the game-changer. And for those who are skeptical about how the public feels about this throughout the county - need only cast your minds back to the days and weeks following the passing of Thaksin's amnesty bill in the middle of the night.

Quote: " it is a movement of beliefs, not numbers"

Yes Scampi, for once you admit the truth. The belief is the the amart has to control the country. That ordinary Thais are not part of this belief system is indicated by the lack of numbers supporting Suthep and his backers. The protest sites are now occupied only by those paid to be there. Ordinary Thais have sussed out Suthep long ago.

Hold on, you can't say that. You will hurt the feelings of some on TVF that claims the "majority" does not support the current Govt.

He is absolutely correct... the vast majority do not support this government and wait patiently for their ultimate removal and hopefully some very long prison sentences as a bonus.

8 million votes from the 40 million who were able to vote. is 20% of the popular vote.

The other 8 million in BKK and the south have yet to vote and I doubt the PTP will get a single extra vote. So about 15% want them and 85% don't.

But then again I assume this math is not above you... It is just another case of lying when you have no defense. Your 'Thainess' is blooming.

And that's why Thailand needs never-ending national elections until Suthep thinks there'll actually be one where PDRC can get a majority. He just needs a final push.

The Constitutional Court's long-awaited ruling today on the 2 trillion baht bill will be a seminal event and the first major volley in the series of legal challenges that the former Yingluck administration faces. If the Constitutional Court deems it unconstitutional, Suthep's suspicions regarding Pheu Thai's response will be spot on. If he is, and Pheu Thai defies the court once again, then that establishes a precedent too frightening to contemplate - a situation where a Constitutional Court ruling is simply ignored, and law itself is seen to be dismiss-able. That is the climate that Pheu Thai and the UDD have been so careful to prepare. It should scare everyone. So, the focus should not be whether Suthep manages to get hundreds of thousands on the streets or even only three or four people. This has never been about Suthep, or the numbers on the streets, or the numbers of tents erected in Lumpini Park. If it was, this movement would have been a non-event from the word go. It hasn't though, and that is because it is a movement of beliefs, not numbers. And the thing about what the PDRC has been consistently right about, and why they have struck such a deep chord in Thai society - is that each day we see actions from Pheu Thai that illuminate the very abuses of power that the PDRC speaks of. Todays' ruling - and Pheu Thai's reaction to it - will indeed be the game-changer. And for those who are skeptical about how the public feels about this throughout the county - need only cast your minds back to the days and weeks following the passing of Thaksin's amnesty bill in the middle of the night.

I've only read the first page of quotes and it might have been commented on by now, but it HAS been declared unconstitutional and so it will be interesting to see what happens now!!!

Itll have to go some way to beating the millions "apparently" out before... world record wasnt it ? whistling.gif whats he going to do get 10 million likes on facebook this time ?

Dream on Mc Duff its D again folks move along nothing to see here coffee1.gif

Could you translate? "it's D again"?

The death throes of Sutheps movement are well and truely underway now. If he wasn`t such a detestable man you would nearly feel sorry for his lack of imagination.

Since closing the protest sites he has become little more than a circus performer in a park.

In all seriousness the people pulling his strings have all sat down at some stage this week and said "right you know all that final push stuff that never works? I think I have a cunnning plan that will this time work like never before - a final push." facepalm.gif

I mean seriously, Abishit went to Oxford &lt;deleted&gt;, surely they can dream up something more innovative than the same failed plan over and over?

• Like 1

what, yet another push, i think this one is the push of all pushs, who cares, formula one starts this weekend

Well I hope that the protests are over before the start of the Bangkok (street circuit) GP. In a couple of years time, I think it was? coffee1.gif

jb1

Hurrah - a final push at long last!

Not to mention "Hurrah" about those terrible street riots, should this re-occur this time in a more massive manner as stated, then the army should protected Bangkok from those messy activities.

Thailand's politicians should decide to resolve their current political problems in a professional and peaceful manner, and a general election should take place soon and the outcome result created by the Thai public should be entirely accepted by the politicians, and matters should be carried out in a democratic style manner.

The death throes of Sutheps movement are well and truely underway now. If he wasn`t such a detestable man you would nearly feel sorry for his lack of imagination.

Since closing the protest sites he has become little more than a circus performer in a park.

In all seriousness the people pulling his strings have all sat down at some stage this week and said "right you know all that final push stuff that never works? I think I have a cunnning plan that will this time work like never before - a final push." facepalm.gif

I mean seriously, Abishit went to Oxford <deleted>, surely they can dream up something more innovative than the same failed plan over and over?

The "death throes" (throws?) are working, day by day, week by week, the Yingluck government is crumbling... on the verge of collapse now... Even Chalerm is talking about another PM to replace her.

Not bad for a 'circus performer in the park', eh?

"With such possibility of defiance of the law, of the court, and repeated wrongdoings, it was necessary to have a final push to overthrow the regime, Suthep said."

Wow! this is like the pot calling the kettle black. So why should she answer to the courts when this high and might shmuck will not now ot ever? What is good for one is good for everyone.

• Like 1

Suthep is just repeating himself with all the rallies the last months, the whole circus starts to get boring, why not bring in more clowns and not only himself in this final performance clap2.gif

i just booked my tciket to come to bangkok after he stopped the other rallies. Now more rallies? Might as well go to Patts

Your chances of being hurt in the rallies are about the same as your chances of being hurt on your way to the airport back home.

Your chances of being inconvenienced by some uniquely Thai phenomena are greater in Pattaya every day than in BKK during the rallies.

Life changed about 1/2 of 1% for most foreigners in BKK on account of the rallies.

Come on in. The water's fine.

• Like 2

15 unsuccessful final pushes to get rid of the Shins on one side and as many empty promises and next week delays to pay the farmers on the other.

I give up on the clowns on both sides in their stupid attempts to run this circus.

only the schizo's will join the rally..........I've half a mind to go.

"With such possibility of defiance of the law, of the court, and repeated wrongdoings, it was necessary to have a final push to overthrow the regime, Suthep said."

I wish, this time he succeeds in his quest to bring TRUE democracy in Thailand and get rid of the devouring maggots governing this country.

I hope he will not succeed because he will never bring democracy , he will bring only hate and dead to this country.

I never take side to violence, but it would be good for Thailand, economy and the people, if they take him out before it get worse.

• Like 2

I wish, this time he succeeds in his quest to bring TRUE democracy in Thailand and get rid of the devouring maggots governing this country.

you wouldn't know true democracy if it bit you in the butt. true democracy is one man one vote! and if you are in the minority, suck it up or try to educate the majority. you being from greece would not know anything about that.

And there is the problem a true democracy is much more than one man one vote. By your reckoning North Korea is a true democracy.

• Like 1

Yes Scampi, for once you admit the truth. The belief is the the amart has to control the country. That ordinary Thais are not part of this belief system is indicated by the lack of numbers supporting Suthep and his backers. The protest sites are now occupied only by those paid to be there. Ordinary Thais have sussed out Suthep long ago.

Hold on, you can't say that. You will hurt the feelings of some on TVF that claims the "majority" does not support the current Govt.

He is absolutely correct... the vast majority do not support this government and wait patiently for their ultimate removal and hopefully some very long prison sentences as a bonus.

8 million votes from the 40 million who were able to vote. is 20% of the popular vote.

The other 8 million in BKK and the south have yet to vote and I doubt the PTP will get a single extra vote. So about 15% want them and 85% don't.

But then again I assume this math is not above you... It is just another case of lying when you have no defense. Your 'Thainess' is blooming.

Easy to play with numbers and percentages, you can mostly make them say what you want.

Unhindered democratic voting might have presented another set of numbers and percentages.....................wink.png

Indeed, if you are going to play the numbers game then you have to ask how many voted for Suthep? What percentage of the vote did he achieve?

We can go round in ever-decreasing circles with this line of argument while even the whistle-blowing old grannies have gone home and left the protest sites deserted.

But as Scampi says, numbers don't matter, whether at a protest site or in an election. What matters is the belief of Suthep and his backers. And they are working to push through the judicial coup because the popular uprising didn't happen.

What really matters is the results of the election. Complete the voting and publish the results. Then we will know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Isn't there an arrest warrant out for Suthep? How f**king hard can it be for the police to find someone standing on a big stage yakkiing into a microphone every night?

I thought he changed tactics, apologized to all the business owners who have suffered since last December and all the intersection blockades were going to be taken down last Monday?

Do your last push and get the &lt;deleted&gt; out here!

• Like 1

you wouldn't know true democracy if it bit you in the butt. true democracy is one man one vote! and if you are in the minority, suck it up or try to educate the majority. you being from greece would not know anything about that.

And there is the problem a true democracy is much more than one man one vote. By your reckoning North Korea is a true democracy.

On that reckoning it is by far the most democratic country in the world!!

&nbsp;

I don't agree that Suthep is advocating anarchy. He's advocating changing the system but still having a system. Anarchy is no system. Not expressing support to any side here. Just making an observation.

&nbsp;

Anarchy merely means no archy.

Anarchy has no implication for any system or law, other than the archy.

Edited by noodle

Easy to play with numbers and percentages, you can mostly make them say what you want.

Unhindered democratic voting might have presented another set of numbers and percentages.....................wink.png

Indeed, if you are going to play the numbers game then you have to ask how many voted for Suthep? What percentage of the vote did he achieve?

We can go round in ever-decreasing circles with this line of argument while even the whistle-blowing old grannies have gone home and left the protest sites deserted.

But as Scampi says, numbers don't matter, whether at a protest site or in an election. What matters is the belief of Suthep and his backers. And they are working to push through the judicial coup because the popular uprising didn't happen.

What really matters is the results of the election. Complete the voting and publish the results. Then we will know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If the popular rising didn't happen then why did Yingluck have to dissolve parliament

• Like 1