Savannakhet.

I have just my non o visa application with no hassle,nice short line not asked for proof of finance. The hotel I'm staying there is two Norwegians and a Fin,yesterday when they went for there non o visa the Fin was asked for proof of finance but not the other two. Today the guy behind me was from Finland he put his application in with no proof of finance,we both walked out with huge smiles now sat on the side of the Mekong Lao Beer in hand.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Good news, thanks a lot. Are you sure, that the Fin had no other problems with his documentation, that they wanted to see financial proof?

A Lao beer, served by a nice Lao girl's always good. Prost Ex.-biggrin.png

Not sure about his paper work only that he was the only one asked,go figure.

The club just around the corner from the embassy has some of the most beautiful girls working as hostess I have seen,the wife has given me permission to say this.haha

• Like 1

Not sure about his paper work only that he was the only one asked,go figure.

The club just around the corner from the embassy has some of the most beautiful girls working as hostess I have seen,the wife has given me permission to say this.haha

Before or after she hit you? Well, get your appetite there, but eat at home. -harhar-bah.gif

Good news, thanks a lot. Are you sure, that the Fin had no other problems with his documentation, that they wanted to see financial proof?

A Lao beer, served by a nice Lao girl's always good. Prost Ex.-biggrin.png

It was the flip flops and dirty shorts, a real killer.......................laugh.png

Pat, always embrace the inner monger.

As far as I know there was no question concerning his paperwork,he was just asked to show proof of finance.

I had to show no proof of finance in Savanakhet as I recall but I do not think it is required for an O visa. I needed the "o " visa to apply for my retirement Visa where I did have to show proof of finances. No problem at the very good immigration on the Thai side of the friendship bridge in Savanakhet. I love Thailand. If it were not for all the corruption it would be like Canada in the 50's. Except the ladies are a lot more friendly.

• Like 1

Side story to this F...in idiot here walked straight through Lao immigration without the stamp,no problem until I tried to come back through .

Lol. How did you manage to do that? Guessing you were travelling by car. Have used this checkpoint numerous times and there has always been an immigration officer at the main entry gate checking passports for valid visas. Was over there yesterday for my 90 day stamp and the usual suspects were there to check my passport.

Straight back through to the exit gate, across the road to the duty free shop for my 5 litre cask of rough red then across to the bus stop and the ensuing rugby scrum to get on board the local bus. Usually not a problem, but yesterday there was about 150 punters trying to board and only the usual 80 or so standing room only places available. Was lots of Vietnamese crossing, probably for work. Being much bigger than this lot and using some old rugby skills, I managed to acquire a seat. Was loads of fun. Love Laos and love the people up this way.

It was the wife farfing about she had already paid at the booth,I was talking to another fellow traveler madam was giving the hurry up and I literally walked straight out,just didn't think,it is a 16 hour bus trip from Chaing Rai so maybe tiredness was a factor.

When I went to the immigration booth he noticed straight away there wasnt the appropriate stamp,it was the realisation thing as he stared at my passport i knew what I had done,anyway we got taken to the office were an English speaking gentleman read me the riot act, I did lots of bowing and muttering kawtot. The fine was 3000 baht, Haha I opened my wallet to the 2400 baht and 800000000000000 kip I got in change (joking) and the fine went down to 2000 baht.

We were taken back to the booth were my passport was stamped back dated to the 11th,around to immigration booth were I was stamped up for the 13th leaving,on the bus then on my way home.

• Like 1

I almost forgot,Many many thanks to all the members here that make the job of finding the correct and important information so much easier. I am in your debt.

It was the wife farfing about she had already paid at the booth,I was talking to another fellow traveler madam was giving the hurry up and I literally walked straight out,just didn't think,it is a 16 hour bus trip from Chaing Rai so maybe tiredness was a factor.

When I went to the immigration booth he noticed straight away there wasnt the appropriate stamp,it was the realisation thing as he stared at my passport i knew what I had done,anyway we got taken to the office were an English speaking gentleman read me the riot act, I did lots of bowing and muttering kawtot. The fine was 3000 baht, Haha I opened my wallet to the 2400 baht and 800000000000000 kip I got in change (joking) and the fine went down to 2000 baht.

We were taken back to the booth were my passport was stamped back dated to the 11th,around to immigration booth were I was stamped up for the 13th leaving,on the bus then on my way home.

You really must stop your wife farfing when dealing with stuff. sad.png

Good to hear can save me some hassle fly to loas get 90 day non O then get retirement in Bkk

You don't even have to leave Bangkok to get a non immigrant visa entry. You can apply for a conversion from a tourist visa or exempt entry to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at immigration if you can prove you meet the financial requirements for an extension based upon retirement.