can I bring tea bags in my luggage?

philjan

I brought tea leaves in my checked baggage from America. TSA busted the (TSA approved) lock (then discarded it), dumped everything out, smashed one of my XBOX 360 game cases & shoved everything back in; shirts all waded up. Guess it depends where you fly out from.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The last time my daughter brought me a large bag of Yorkshire tea,

in her luggage,her bag was searched at Chiang Mai Airport,the officer

was not pleased,he also found a large set of drill bits and that diverted

his attention somewhat,and charged tax on the drill bits,but also said

he would let her off with the tea this time,but not to bring it anymore,

as they grow tea here,maybe high tax ?, whatever, just don't take it as

a given that it is ok to bring it, if you don't get caught OK,different officer

might not take same view.

regards Worgeordie

Yorkshire Gold. My all time favorite! Over the past years I have brought it into Thailand in my checked bags. Anyone know if it can bought in any Thai supermarkets?

I self-import too. Very lightweight of course. I have not seen it in Thailand. If Swampy Customs were not interested when I declared my second hand hi-fi amp that cost 800 quid new - they just wanted to know if I had more than one piece - I doubt they will be interested in the odd couple of hundred baht's worth of tea.

I just moved my accommodation base when in the UK out of Yorkshire to Cambridge (YG is from Taylors of Harrogate I believe). I'm hoping that Tescos or someone carries it nationally in the UK.

Really a shame you can import tea bags with no problems.

I once had to resort to bulk tea when I ran out of the bags in China. I'll never go back to bags again, except in an emergency (and to brew sun tea, but that's a different deal). Bulk tea, properly steeped, is so much better than bags.

• Like 2

No, you can't. You will be stopped, searched and most likely shot for importing tea bags! don't do it.

how misleading! This is Thailand, not aussie Quarantine.

I got told off entering Oz-land for saying I had no food stuff with me, and then they located half a bar of chocolate.

However, Thailand is very easy going, and I always bring heaps of things back here with me, and no problems. Just don't try anything illegal. I'm sure tea bags from the mountains of Yorkshire would be ok!!

'I just moved my accommodation base when in the UK out of Yorkshire to Cambridge'

I come from Cambridge, hope you like it there, sure you will. I have to go back there soon - running out of Typhoo. Always bring some with me never had any problems although I do pack it deep down in the luggage just in case.

I find weetbix, tetleys and other home necessities at better supermarkets.

I even came across some cordon bleu and Crumbed Garlic chicken available as well.

Four n Twenty party pies and sausage rolls are a nice treat.

You will pay a premium price, but its all here... you just need to get off your ass and find them....

I discovered that I needed to visit a number of shops to do the days shopping.... Well worth it though :)