To Christiane Amanpour, welcome to Yingluck's Potemkin Village

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humorous to see the holder of an English-language Masters degree has abandoned using English in interviews; no doubt due to her abysmal showings in the past. Unfortunately for her, the non-answers still permeate despite the new use of a translator.

Edited by pepsis

The Nation and other Thai media need to realise that the rest of the world really doesnt give a cr** about Thailand and knows very little about the Thai rice scheme etc. The only time the western media is interested is when there's violence and they can get some good pictures of riots and protests, its already been said before that they have trouble condensing the reports into short 1 minute segments. The general public in the UK, US and so on really couldnt care less and there is no reason for them to. Even when things were pretty bad here during Songkran in 2010 most of my friends back home didnt know much about what was going on or why...

Isn't that the point of journalism to tell people about things they don't know. Whether those people were interested beforehand isn't the reason. They can decide if they are interested in the story and many will be but not all.

• Like 1

Amanpour is filled with herself. She's not the only one. The integrity of journalism today is held for ransom by the corrupt politicians who are being interviewed. The best interviewer See is Charlie Rose. His interview yesterday with Masayoshi Son was terrific. He asked tough questions and Son was great. Where he couldn't answer, he said so.

Humorous to see the holder of an English-language Masters degree has abandoned using English in interviews; no doubt due to her abysmal showings in the past. Unfortunately for her, the non-answers still permeate despite the new use of a translator.

What a great interview, thank you for posting it. As I've said before, it's standard protocol for head's of state to give interviews in their native language only. If this is all you have to pick on, her giving interviews in her native language, you really are reaching. I thought Christiane Amanpour asked a lot of poignant and tough questions; the rice scheme, possibility of a coup, her brother's influence, secession. What more do you want? You people are nuts!

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It was a fair and balanced report on CNN. It is no surprise that some posters will find that objectionable

Ahh....... I get it ,,,,,,,,,,, that's your joke of the day........ (giggle)

• Like 1

It was a fair and balanced report on CNN. It is no surprise that some posters will find that objectionable

Well, we all know that she is lying to CNN;

Yingluck answered that she is the one making decisions in her own capacity and leading Thailand by herself free of Thaksin, that NACC has not started an investigation on her, as well that no "serious incidents" and no violence had occurred over these 4 months political protests.

Ha, it's funny watching the endless squirming on Suthep and Dem's Thai far right when the world beyond their shores doesn't quite get their twisted version of reality.

Reality has no versions, please explain how in your interpretation of reality the Rice Scheme and the management of the 2011 floods, to pick two examples from the interview, were succesful.

Ha, it's funny watching the endless squirming on Suthep and Dem's Thai far right when the world beyond their shores doesn't quite get their twisted version of reality.

Did you ever hear this quote.. very suitable here.. It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you an idiot, than to open it and provide the evidence. .. I think some countries ship their idiots to Thailand.. w00t.gifw00t.gif

• Like 1

I try to watch Yingluck's interviews in hope of seeing some signs of intelligence and the silver lining in the cloud (by absconding) but every time after about a minute into the interviews I just cringe and all hope fades due to the painfully halting english and scripted content that obviously shows she has no idea what she's talking about.

I lose a few IQ points every time I listen.

Edited by smileydude

You really don't see the abject irony of using the words "Fair and Balanced"

in regards to an American news source do you?

Two words ' Faux News '. Sad.

Edited by animatic