Hair issues: Are you balding if you lack hair in that area?

Yes, my uncle`s hair went the same way and within 18 months he was as bald as a coot.

It appears to be a case of, hair today, gone tomorrow.

At least it's better than the ones that lose the hair at the top. You just cannot seem to style your hair after that.

Seems like what maybe 80% of men starting from their mid 30s upwards seem to be lacking hair in the front.

anabolic steroids increase speed of balding...that is of course an issue with all the professional sport.

I would be astounded if David Beckham had taken steroids - he's not particularly muscular and the tell-tale signs just aren't there. Football (Soccer for you American chaps) just isn't riddled with steroid abuse as much as some sports as muscle size and loss of manoeuvrability is going to be a disadvantage, even players considered big in Football aren't at all big by conventional gym goer standards.

• Like 1

pbbbbbttttttt - many (many) years ago, Dear Old (departed) Dad told me it looked like I was "a little shy" on top. I thought he was joking. I was a 23/24 y.o, young Army stud.

A few years later I was sitting in the barber chair one day and when the barber spun the chair around at one point, I saw this shiny spot on the back of my head. Wasn't even 30 !

I never worried about it though, as I recalled that baldness wasn't exactly a "new" phenomenon. Herodotus wrote in his Histories (back around 450-420 BC) that the Egyptians seem to have fewer occurrences of baldness among their males than the Greeks did. He attributed it (possibly) to the Egyptian practice at the time of shaving their children's heads.

So, it would seem that male baldness has been around for a few thousand years at least, and judging by the way we are evolving, a few thousand years from now (if we make it that long), it will be people with hair that are considered "odd" and not "normal". Some of us are just getting there a little quicker than others !

• Like 1

As usual, it is all in your genes...my hairline is exactly like Mr Beckham's, and to my surprise, it is still brown (mostly) - but the big difference between me and Mr.B. is i am 68 - oh and several million quid :-) So i don't know how much you can predict by the state of your hair at a certain age.

So what, there is no longer any need for a comb, or brush or check for white/grey hairs, looking in a mirror, you can drive with the window open without your hair being messed up, just a few items, really is a lot of advantages with hair loss

re post 23........ maybe true my grand dad was bald at 21, my dad at 30

Edited by ignis

God only gave us enough testosterone to grow lots of hair, or a big winkie.

I'm bald, BTW.

From Lucifer: In the 80's, i had hair down to my waist,

Around here, lots of guys seem to have hair down to their waist well into their 80's.

Edited by impulse