Jet fighter makes emergency landing at Korat base

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

To my surprise Russia jets are much more better then American , in terms of maintance, aerodynamic,speed etc , we only get information that F-22 are the best, if there are a dog fight between two I not sure what we think were right.

It is all academic. Nothing in the world will beat a Mig 29/30/31 in a turning fight, simple, but it is irrelevant when as Local Drunk says these high tech combat aircraft are not meant to 'dogfight' any more. The Migs would be toast before the American aircraft even came up on their radars. The Americans can launch a fire and forget missile from 100 miles, land on the carrier and be pouring the first cup of tea as his missiles take out the Russians (a very slight exaggeration but you get the point).

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

To my surprise Russia jets are much more better then American , in terms of maintance, aerodynamic,speed etc , we only get information that F-22 are the best, if there are a dog fight between two I not sure what we think were right.

It is all academic. Nothing in the world will beat a Mig 29/30/31 in a turning fight, simple, but it is irrelevant when as Local Drunk says these high tech combat aircraft are not meant to 'dogfight' any more. The Migs would be toast before the American aircraft even came up on their radars. The Americans can launch a fire and forget missile from 100 miles, land on the carrier and be pouring the first cup of tea as his missiles take out the Russians (a very slight exaggeration but you get the point).

Off topic but discussing capabilities, CONCORD in 1969 was faster than most of the American and Russian fighters, and had fuel and 100+ passengers on board. mach 2 + no need for the missiles it would outrun themcheesy.gif

Off topic but discussing capabilities, CONCORD in 1969 was faster than most of the American and Russian fighters, and had fuel and 100+ passengers on board. mach 2 + no need for the missiles it would outrun themcheesy.gif width=32 alt=cheesy.gif>

And of course that was all based on an amazing bit of British technology called the TSR2. The aircraft was so advanced for its time that had the British Government gone ahead with it we would have been at the forefront of Global aviation technology for years, probably still now, and would have had a supersonic bomber the likes of which would have made the Russians quake in terror. Sadly the Government axed the project. There are two TSR2's in existence, one at the RAF Museum Cosford and the other at the RAF Museum at Henlow London (I think). Amazing to look at these aircraft with valve technology and wonder 'what if'. I think it was Wilson who axed the project, one of his biggest mistakes, though having said that I now need to Google to find out.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

Off topic but discussing capabilities, CONCORD in 1969 was faster than most of the American and Russian fighters, and had fuel and 100+ passengers on board. mach 2 + no need for the missiles it would outrun themcheesy.gif width=32 alt=cheesy.gif>

And of course that was all based on an amazing bit of British technology called the TSR2. The aircraft was so advanced for its time that had the British Government gone ahead with it we would have been at the forefront of Global aviation technology for years, probably still now, and would have had a supersonic bomber the likes of which would have made the Russians quake in terror. Sadly the Government axed the project. There are two TSR2's in existence, one at the RAF Museum Cosford and the other at the RAF Museum at Henlow London (I think). Amazing to look at these aircraft with valve technology and wonder 'what if'. I think it was Wilson who axed the project, one of his biggest mistakes, though having said that I now need to Google to find out.

Didn't they use the fairy Delta Nose tech to put on the Concord nose ??

It had a drop nose for landing, memories.

We were that advanced the Americans were shy--they never bought a Concord but it was used mainly by American businessmen.

Breakfast in London lunch in NY.

On topic, Thai have bought so many different types of aircraft for the RTAF. My thinking would be to buy a very versatile Trainer/attack easier maintain not so many spares-training less complicated. and update whenever. After all Thai need them for defending from WHO ?? spending on kids toys comes to mind.

Edited by ginjag

Seeing this article doesn't seem to have long legs, I have a segway question.

Does anyone know where the aerial bombing range is around Korat? Inside the airbase someplace? I'm about 30 driving kliks NW of the city and the explosions yesterday were 5x5, Lima Charlie. 1st one got me straight out of my chair.

Hello All, are you sure that the noise was not from going too fast?

We get Boom's every now and then.

I'm a little over 5Km out from the runway on the E. side of town, and

didn't know about the crash, There has been training going on since

Cobra Gold finished, but the pix's are from this past week from the

front yard.

rice555

ps, these are phone pix's, sorry for the quality

post-37242-0-85494000-1394897297_thumb.j

post-37242-0-35241900-1394897324_thumb.j

post-37242-0-48197700-1394897346_thumb.j

post-37242-0-36485400-1394897369_thumb.j

post-37242-0-45063900-1394897392_thumb.j

post-37242-0-62301300-1394897418_thumb.j

Seeing this article doesn't seem to have long legs, I have a segway question.

Does anyone know where the aerial bombing range is around Korat? Inside the airbase someplace? I'm about 30 driving kliks NW of the city and the explosions yesterday were 5x5, Lima Charlie. 1st one got me straight out of my chair.

Hello All, are you sure that the noise was not from going too fast?

We get Boom's every now and then.

I'm a little over 5Km out from the runway on the E. side of town, and

didn't know about the crash, There has been training going on since

Cobra Gold finished, but the pix's are from this past week from the

front yard.

rice555

ps, these are phone pix's, sorry for the quality

No, this wasn't sonic boom, this was big boom. Not Soi 6 Boom Boom. High explosive boom boom.