Kindle app stopped working

isanbirder

I use a Kindle app on Windows 7. Recently I saw an indication that my Kindle app would stop working, and this has duly happened.

In fact it has only partially stopped functioning. I can still download books into it, and read them, but I cannot delete or perform the other functions listed in the dropdown menus.

I tried reloading the app, but this has made no difference.

Can anybody tell me how to get it working again?

Received same msg - what do you mean by reloading? Do you mean an update or a reinstall?

All of the functions do not work on the Win7 app - they only work if you have a Kindle Tablet (read kindle forum/faq) .

Regardless, you can go to the Amazon store & save Win7 kindle app to your PC (save - do not run) - uninstall kindle from PC (i use a complete uninstaller) - reinstall kindle using saved file - note: you will have to log into Amzn to retrieve & re-download books.

Do at your own risk but this worked for me - no more annoying msg - and I just work around the missing functions - the books I have deleted still show under "all items" but do not show as being "on device" - a complete delete can only be done on Amzn website - but that's a different road of frustration and I haven't found it to be worth the trouble... yet!

Best regards... coffee1.gif

Edited by IBoldnewguy

Thanks, IBoldNewGuy.

I reinstalled the app.

None of the books on my Kindle app. are purchased; they're all downloads from Gutenberg, Archive etc., so theoretically it would not be difficult to re-download them.

I also have a Kindle tablet, but sometimes I prefer to use the laptop to read.

The easiest route seems to be just to leave it be; the undeleted, but read, books will be a bit of a nuisance, but no more.