Transferring plates from one province to another, How much?

Ok. I would like to know how much it costs and the process to transfer the number plate from one province to another OR changing plates to a new province, not sure which happens!

example: CBR250 Bike in Nakhon Pathom and need to transfer to Hua Hin. ALSO IT WOULD BE A NEW OWNER.

So what are the costs and paperwork. Thanks in advance.

I was thinking it was much less than that. Someone in another forum said 425B. That is close to what i was thinking. Why not just call your local DLT and ask.

That is for ownership trasfer. Going to another province, as the OP needs, implies new plates and additional approx 1,500 Bt fee.

Wow. more expensive than i imagined...

Do not forget when you get the new number, you will have to buy new Insurance and Road Tax, that is why the price jumps up...

When I did it myself, forgot that, as I had 11 months Insurance and 11 months road tax, of course this was no good as wrong number and they would not give me new numbers until buying new..

If your number plates are screwed on remember to take a screw driver as you must takes the old one off and hand them in..

I changed mine in Chiang Mai last year and it wasn't that much for the whole thing. Step one change from Lamphang to Chiang Mai took about 3 or 4 days. Go back and change ownership received greenbook and then come back in 2 months for licenses plate if I remember correctly it was all less than 1,000baht. Your only talking less than 200baht per transaction. My girlfriend went with me and smooth as silk but a friend has done it on his own.

Edited by moe666

another thing to think about in hua hin is it can only be done in pracuab kiri khan and they have to see the bike ,beware what they tell you over the phone . the one in pranburi can not issue new plates and you also have to go back to collect them ,they will not post them to you

Wow. more expensive than i imagined...

Do not forget when you get the new number, you will have to buy new Insurance and Road Tax, that is why the price jumps up...

When I did it myself, forgot that, as I had 11 months Insurance and 11 months road tax, of course this was no good as wrong number and they would not give me new numbers until buying new..

If your number plates are screwed on remember to take a screw driver as you must takes the old one off and hand them in..

i was allowed to keep my old ones and the new ones.......