Jeremy Clarkson accused of 'racism' during Top Gear series finale in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me go out on a limb and state that, IMO, Clarkson is no more racist than 99.99% of the rest of the human race. It's just that most of us don't get to express it on an international television show, and so go unnoticed by the media hypocrytes.

this is the human urge for inclusion - the urge to claim that everyone else thinks like you....unfortunately people seldom are aware of it and so do't get it in perspective.

I certainly don't believe that everyone thinks like me, but I do believe that most have inate racism in their genetic structure. It goes back to the very dawn of mankind, when every "other" was a potential enemy.

Ever seen a pack of soi dogs attack an unknown dog/ cat/ human? It's just nature. Man can go to the moon now, but in some respects we haven't left the cave.

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/clarkson-branded-a--bloody-idiot--for--beer-in-cupholder--tweet-%E2%80%93-daily-tv-round-up-111634574.html

Jeremy Clarkson appears to be in hot water again, after sending a tweet that appeared to condone drinking beer while driving.

The 'Top Gear' presenter is currently in Australia filming a special episode of the motoring show, and sent the message to his near four million followers.

Posting a picture of a drive he was taking in the northern territory, he wrote:

But some were quick to point out the level of responsibility of the remark – though he had done nothing illegal.

One went as far as to call the presenter 'a bloody idiot'.

One of the best drives of my life. Gravel road. M6. Sun going down. iPod playing Blind Faith. Beer in cup holder

Clarkson has previously found himself criticised for drinking while driving.

He was pulled up in 2008 for drinking a gin and tonic at the wheel during the team's special in the North Pole, a move which garnered complaints to the BBC Trust.

@JeremyClarkson If you drink and drive, you're a bloody idiot.

I will tweet this thread to Jezza, I'm sure his staff would love to read it for him and find the juicy bits.

You never know, it could be the 1st time TV forum is mentioned on Television.

I can't believe you've bumped this topic. facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/clarkson-branded-a--bloody-idiot--for--beer-in-cupholder--tweet-%E2%80%93-daily-tv-round-up-111634574.html

Jeremy Clarkson appears to be in hot water again, after sending a tweet that appeared to condone drinking beer while driving.

The 'Top Gear' presenter is currently in Australia filming a special episode of the motoring show, and sent the message to his near four million followers.

Posting a picture of a drive he was taking in the northern territory, he wrote:

But some were quick to point out the level of responsibility of the remark – though he had done nothing illegal.

One went as far as to call the presenter 'a bloody idiot'.

One of the best drives of my life. Gravel road. M6. Sun going down. iPod playing Blind Faith. Beer in cup holder

Clarkson has previously found himself criticised for drinking while driving.

He was pulled up in 2008 for drinking a gin and tonic at the wheel during the team's special in the North Pole, a move which garnered complaints to the BBC Trust.

@JeremyClarkson If you drink and drive, you're a bloody idiot.

There are no roads anywhere near the north pole, no pedestrians only polar bears.

Who pulled him up? Did Doctor Who and his tardis land there and ask him for directions.to the nearest dunny?

Let me go out on a limb and state that, IMO, Clarkson is no more racist than 99.99% of the rest of the human race. It's just that most of us don't get to express it on an international television show, and so go unnoticed by the media hypocrytes.

Telly?

We are in Spain at the moment and last night on TV they showed the Clint Eastwood film:- Gran Torino 2008.

Now that film really does show how the terms Slope, Gook etc are racist!

The film leaves you in no doubt whatsoever!

They are derogatory and insulting.

I wonder if Farang is in the same category?

Telly?

We are in Spain at the moment and last night on TV they showed the Clint Eastwood film:- Gran Torino 2008.

that film really does show how the terms Slope, Gook etc are racist!

Do you seriously think the people that were referred to in those terms are not themselves just as racist to other peoples? If you don't, you are living in Lala Land.

Racism is just fear of the "other", which is genetically imprinted in humans since they lived in caves.

Telly?

Do you seriously think the people that were referred to in those terms are not themselves just as racist to other peoples? If you don't, you are living in Lala Land.

Racism is just fear of the "other", which is genetically imprinted in humans since they lived in caves.

I agree with you completely.

The term racism is BS and unnecessary, it's just PC gone mad!

Ever notice how friends insult each other in terms much worse than racist but it's all done "in the best possible taste"!

Well it's like that where I came from, at work and socially.

I don't worry if I get called Farang or any one of many more names that us lot get called.

Stick n stones and all that.

What has been done to death is the mass of Politically correct rubbish informing the populace that

'We are all the same'.

Are we bloody hell...

I have nothing in common with the folk that Macmillan brought into Britain at taxpayers expense when he was P.M..

They were all illiterate and the women wore skimpy threadbare skirts that showed 'Olive Oyle' legs.

But,you say, The men all wore double breasted suits!...

Quite right.As they had no proper clothes, Macmillan emptied the army surplus stores of the many thousand demob suits left over from the war..

All too big for the skinny soldiers that survived.

These were in 3 colours; brown,bottle green and grey and all were given suits that were 2 sizes too large...

The immigrants wearing them never wore any other top clothing...and I am not sure of what else.

Neither do I share any common ground with those from India ,Pakistan and Africa..

As can be seen by the mass exodus of white people when these first arrived in droves in their communities,neither did the rest of the British populace.

• 4 weeks later...

Clarkson was on the Jonathon Ross show tonight, he admitted some stuff he does for kicks, but this was not one of them.

If people start judging others by their number plates and concluding violence is appropriate, that is just mental and they should be assessed by a psychiatric nurse after being locked up first.

Long live the Jezza.

Telly?

"If you don't, you are living in Lala Land" Or did you mean Lada Land having a dig at the Ruskies?

Why is there this indignant, self righteous fury because a white man visiting Thailand supposedly said a, possibly somewhat derogatory, word to describe Asians but I as a white person can be dismissively referred to as a farang, by Thai people, over and over again, all day, everyday, every week, every year, with utter, self entitled impunity?

Edited by paddyjenkins

Whilst I deplore overt Racists its seams the UK has an imperial chip on its shoulder. Im fed up of people being offended on behalf of others as was the case here with clarkson whereby it was reported an Indian national (not asian) was going to sue clarkson over the slope on a bridge comments. The irony is I bet not one Thai would find it remotely offensive. Farrang I believe is not meant as offensive and I dont take it as such but going from the UKs perspective they would be taking Thais to court by the truck load in the UK. Time the UK learnt a bit of Mai Pen Rai me thinks.

Edited by bim

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/549995/Jeremy-Clarkson-jets-off-Caribbean-Top-Gear-controversy

Jeremy Clarkson jets off to Caribbean following Top Gear Christmas special controversy TOP Gear star Jeremy Clarkson escaped growing controversy over the show's Christmas special by jetting off to a Caribbean island.

very good 2 parter ,dont miss

Edited by 3NUMBAS