Jeremy Clarkson accused of 'racism' during Top Gear series finale in Thailand

webfact

jeremy clarkson suspended by the BBC

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson "following a fracas" with a producer.

The Corporation said the show, also presented by Richard Hammond and James May, will not be broadcast on BBC Two this Sunday.

Clarkson was put on what was called his final warning last year following aracism row after claims that he used the n-word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe during filming of the BBC2 programme.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation.

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time."

In recent years, Clarkson has been cleared of breaching the broadcasting code by watchdog Ofcom after comparing a Japanese car to people with growths on their faces.

He previously faced a storm of protest from mental health charities after he branded people who throw themselves under trains as "selfish" and was forced to apologise for telling BBC1's The One Show that striking workers should be shot.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11462167/Jeremy-Clarkson-suspended-from-Top-Gear.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/jeremy-clarkson-suspended-top-gear-presenter-suspended-by-the-bbc-10098866.html

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeremy clarkson suspended by the BBC

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson "following a fracas" with a producer.

The Corporation said the show, also presented by Richard Hammond and James May, will not be broadcast on BBC Two this Sunday.

Clarkson was put on what was called his final warning last year following aracism row after claims that he used the n-word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe during filming of the BBC2 programme.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation.

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time."

In recent years, Clarkson has been cleared of breaching the broadcasting code by watchdog Ofcom after comparing a Japanese car to people with growths on their faces.

He previously faced a storm of protest from mental health charities after he branded people who throw themselves under trains as "selfish" and was forced to apologise for telling BBC1's The One Show that striking workers should be shot.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11462167/Jeremy-Clarkson-suspended-from-Top-Gear.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/jeremy-clarkson-suspended-top-gear-presenter-suspended-by-the-bbc-10098866.html

The BBC management are just a bunch of PC morons ( I'd use something stronger, but it'd get me deleted ). They destroyed Lonely Planet forum with the same sort of moronic stupidity.

He previously faced a storm of protest from mental health charities after he branded people who throw themselves under trains as "selfish"

Clarkson is right, they are selfish. Why should someone feel that they have a right to disrupt the lives of thousands of people because they feel like offing themselves? By all means kill yourself, but be like the Japanese and don't disrupt other people's lives. BTW, I personally have no problem with suicide, and feel that euthanasia should be offered to anyone that wants it, including myself.

So typically British nowadays, just PC idiots everywhere. I can't imagine this gutless lot going out to conquer the world.

other TV companies will snap up the format so doubt he is in the least bit concerned

he will keep on rocking and rolling on millions

Really?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-clarkson-sells-top-gear-1347649

Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with cumgranosalum, but re the news item linked, you just couldn't make it up cheesy.gif .

other TV companies will snap up the format so doubt he is in the least bit concerned

he will keep on rocking and rolling on millions

Really?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-clarkson-sells-top-gear-1347649

Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with cumgranosalum, but re the news item linked, you just couldn't make it up cheesy.gif .

He can't take it with him or copy it as he doesn't own it.

he tried to do a chat show years back and it flopped big time - their is NOTHING he ca do.

Edited by cumgranosalum

Really? The whole world needs to "grow a pair" and ignore something if it offends them. These are tiny little people that can only make themselves feel important by being indignant over some minor offense.

Yep.

Exactly what happens when you are "offended?"

An arm falls off? Or you go blind? Or you get cancer?

No, you just whine.

Being offended is a choice. You can only be offended when you chose to be offended.

There have recently been some nasty posts directed at me. Some members would "report" the "offending" post. Not me. I leave it up so everyone can see what a putz the "offender" is.

clarkson punched a producer in the mouth for lack of catering after a days filming in Newcastle ,he was raging about the lack of food )))

According to the media, he only "aimed" a punch- nothing about it connecting, and had it done so Jeremy would be facing police charges, which he is not. Are you making it up, or do you have a better source of information than the newspapers?

Well, it has taken some time and several attempts, but the PC brigade, who have long hated Clarkson, and are very much in charge at the BBC, have finally stitched him up. Shame,lots and lots of people quite enjoyed his programmes and its antics. That of course doesn't matter. Expect his slot to be filled with earnest documentaries about global warming etc. No one will watch them, but the BBC is insulated from the commercial reality of actually having to produce programmes which the public want to watch.

Edited by JAG

You know as soon as someone uses the expression "PC" in a derogatory sense, they have no idea what it means and think erroneously it conveys the impression that they are knowledgable on a subject.

(there will now be a scramble for google/wiki as that is the only term of reference they know how to access, but unfortunately they won't understand the results).

Edited by cumgranosalum

You know as soon as someone uses the expression "PC" in a derogatory sense, they have no idea what it means and think erroneously it conveys the impression that they are knowledgable on a subject.

(there will now be a scramble for google/wiki as that is the only term of reference they know how to access, but unfortunately they won't understand the results).

There is some truth in what you say, but I've worked in the BBC, and have no illusions as to how the shots are called in that organisation

Don't be so disingenuous. This isn't a case of uproar about someone saying 'black coffee'. He said it precisely because it has an offensive double meaning, it was intentional, just like thumping a colleague is, and just like 'accidentally' mumbling the word 'nigger' is.

It is humourous only if you think racism and intolerance is funny. He is a slightly more obtuse and indirect version of Roy Chubby Brown and Bernard Manning.

I used to work for the BBC as well, I have met him, and he is 100% prick in real life too. Good riddance, hope it stays that way.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Don't be so disingenuous. This isn't a case of uproar about someone saying 'black coffee'. He said it precisely because it has an offensive double meaning, it was intentional, just like thumping a colleague is, and just like 'accidentally' mumbling the word 'nigger' is.

It is humourous only if you think racism and intolerance is funny. He is a slightly more obtuse and indirect version of Roy Chubby Brown and Bernard Manning.

I used to work for the BBC as well, I have met him, and he is 100% prick in real life too. Good riddance, hope it stays that way.

We have got our knickers in a twist,havent we? That is your own personal opinion,and good luck to you for that, He did not thump somone ( as you say )

Also he did not say Nigger, all a load of tripe. Also the bridge did have a slope on it.including a cant,or was canted.

You sound like a typicle PC BBC <deleted> Or Prick,as you wrongly call him. Why did they get rid of you ??? I think i know :)

Yet again you confuse the use of grammar and polysyllables with extreme emotion. It's just English, written with thought.

The BBC did not 'get rid of me', I left because it's a completely mismanaged buearocracy ridden waste of space. Whilst there I was involved in more than one meeting about meetings, and a 3 hour meeting with middle managers about reducing the number of interruptions to the day of software engineers by middle managers. I found a better paid and far more productive contract elsewhere.

My prior comment is only a 'load of tripe' to utter cretins, so I understand why you feel it to be so.

Enjoy the reruns on Dave.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

We have got our knickers in a twist,havent we? That is your own personal opinion,and good luck to you for that, He did not thump somone ( as you say )

Also he did not say Nigger, all a load of tripe. Also the bridge did have a slope on it.including a cant,or was canted.

You sound like a typicle PC BBC <deleted> Or Prick,as you wrongly call him. Why did they get rid of you ??? I think i know smile.png

" That is your own personal opinion," - and PC - I have to say that your reply is very much reinforcing the stereotype - couldn't you put a real opinion together?

you also don't appear to be in possession of the facts, let alone in a position to form an opinion that is "your own personal" one?

They did not get rid of me, I left because it's a completely mismanaged buearocracy ridden waste of space. I found a better paid and more productive contract elsewhere.

It's only a 'load of tripe' to utter cretins, so I know why you think that.

Simple explanation:

Calling someone out for saying nigger under his breath - Calling out a racist

Calling someone out that makes a 'joke' about a slope when there happens to be an asian bloke in shot - Calling out a racist

Calling someone out for saying 'black coffee' - Being a PC idiot

Enjoy the reruns on Dave.

Well as I said before,thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. This has been blown up out of proportion,all a load of crap. I happen to be a Honky,and my best mate is a Coon, we have many Slope friends,and have Dago visitors from Venice at the moment.

And to top all I am married to a Slope,who thinks you and your type are a load of fannys,and should put their obvious interlect to a better use than pissing normal

people off.

It is a common response of racists to play down the significance of their racist behaviour - use of cliches and soundbites is common. Many of course are in denial and refuse to see they are racist, others like to be provocative whilst others are just dim.

It is a common response of racists to play down the significance of their racist behaviour - use of cliches and soundbites is common. Many of course are in denial and refuse to see they are racist, others like to be provocative whilst others are just dim.

Clarkson is a tedious embarrassment.

I know Jeremy is considered in a bad light by the PC crowd but I would rather his company over the anal retentives who hate him so much......and I think some are posting on TVF now. blink.png

I know Jeremy is considered in a bad light by the PC crowd but I would rather his company over the anal retentives who hate him so much......and I think some are posting on TVF now. blink.png

Well of course, because anyone who finds Clarkson the most ghastly bore is always a politically correct anal retentive.

Give it a rest, it's so predictable.

he's just a later day alf garnet thats why he has so many fans in this over PC world of now

The analy retentive humourless PC (*&^&&^ of the type that inhabit organisations like the BBC should consider WHY Jeremy Clarkson is so popular. They might find that THEY are the ones out of step with the majority.

The Australian government media ( ABC ) was likewise infested with the same analy retentive humourless PC (*&^&&^ as the BBC, but have got the royal boot from Abbott, and good on him for giving them a good kicking.

Time for the UK government to stop making citizens pay to be indoctrinated with PC filth by the BBC.

Well of course, because anyone who finds Clarkson the most ghastly bore is always a politically correct anal retentive.

Give it a rest, it's so predictable.

In YOUR opinion.

In MY opinion, anyone that finds Jeremy a ghastly bore is a bit sad, and lacking in a sense of humour.

Add to the list, calling the producer a 'lazy irish c***' before thumping him.

I'm sure of course that calling someone a 'lazy irish c***' before punching them has a perfectly normal non racist interpretation as well that 'normal' people obviously would understand.

Also:

He was saying: 'This is not f****** good enough. This is typical of the f****** BBC. You’re going to lose your job over this, I’ll make sure of it'. He also said: 'You’ll be on the dole tomorrow. I’m going to make sure you will not have a job.' James May and Richard Hammond sat with him to try and calm him down.

Is also of course banter, and should be taken with a big pinch of idiot salt. What a card.

http://bit.ly/1wPelTm

He is a bigoted, arrogant, belligerent and violent individual. None of which are very funny personality traits (except to bigots).

Edited by rwdrwdrwd