Thai Constitutional Court voids February election

webfact

your opinion, maybe, but far from facts.

It would seem that a government controlled wby a criminal fugitive abroad and which manages to "lose" 700++ billion on a rice price pledging program only seems more interested in helping the country going down the drain.

As for stolen elections, the "democracy = elections" is getting more and more absurd. Try something new.

Anyway Thaksin a new passport, 700++ billion down the drain and the Thai taxpayer will suffer.

BTW did the caretaker MoF already have the 20 billion borrowed forwarded to the BAAC so that that state bank can finally try to pay a few more farmers?

Democracy starts with elections.

Whatever other elements a system may or may not have, if there are no elections, it is not a Democracy and it is certainly not a true or absolute democracy or whatever other jackass term the yellow clowns want to try and pass off their apartheid as.

Democracy starts with a mindset, with an understanding what democracy means and a behaviour accordingly. Strictly speaking if all people not only knew what to do but even did it you might not even need elections. People would accept positions and execute them as long as they would feel to be of service and just step down when a more adequate person would come forward.

Now that's a bit too close to Utopia of course. We human beings still have a long way to go.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the institutions of the state set themselves against the will of the people, there's only ever going to be one outcome. History shows that pitchforks beat bayonets every time.

"Will of the people" hahaahahahahabababahaab

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

reds have won every single election, every time stronger

surely you mean thaksins parties, trt and ptp, reds have won absolutely nothing, they are simply thaksins paid thugs he organized to cause conflicts to favour him and his party. When have we ever seen the "red" party at an election, their members yes, voting for thaksin but they have never won an election and they never would, thai people are way to smart for that to happen.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What a circus! The ultimate aim is for Thailand to have a democracy Thai style which is one that the amataya or Bangkok/Army Elite are comfortable with.....

< yawn >

Can we move on from "amart" and "elite" . . . your boss and his cronies are just as much "elite" as anyone else involved in this . . .

I don't know where you think I work, but I have no boss in Thailand, and I think my boss as little or no knowledge of Thai politics. As for my opinion, it is formed over knowing and understanding Thai people of every level from farmers/garbage collectors/cooks/drivers/business men/secretaries/government officials and politicians. There are a huge number of non-Bangkok citizens that feel completely disenfranchised by the ongoing judicial politics. No matter what you say or feel, the heart of Bangkok is not the heart of Thailand, and that is where these people are coming from. Thai politics will continue "Thai Style" and the unspoken influence is a swaying factor that all Thai's consider. The problem is when the masses are disenfranchised I personally worry about Thailand working towards something of the natural of Cambodia in the 1970's, and that we do not want to see. Where is their voice? If it can't be at the poles, where can it be?

So jayjayjayjayjayjayjayjayjayjayjayjay . . . you do seem to ramble on at a bit of a tangent sometimes, introducing that rather boring red propaganda rhetoric at every opportunity.

As a rabid "red" supporter, I would have thought you would have known "your boss" is Thaksin himself, a man that is as elite as they come in terms of being "above the rest" of you/us, although unless you have something he personally can gain from being your "friend" you probably won't ever meet him. But that's OK, he loves you anyway and has your best interests at heart.

I never claimed Bangkok was the heart of anything (you brought that up . . . again), other than the fact that it is (at the moment) the capital of Thailand, although if Thaksin has anything to do with it it seems that Chiang Mai will soon be the capital of your own little Shinland. Oh wait, I'm sorry, I'm wrong . . . that would be too small, he's still trying for Thaksinland, where everything is free, everyone is happy and the masses don't need to work anymore due to the populist policies being so successful.

You mention how you know and understand the "Thai people" so well . . . well, surprise, surprise, you're not the only one who has friends from the lowest to the highest scattered all over Thailand. So what? The disgust and contempt that so many feel for PT/UDD/Thaksin are not just from those people in Bangkok, but rather spread all over the country now. Your little red book might not have mentioned that fact, and you might remember that if you only associate with people with similar beliefs, or your wife, you're going to get very skewed information.

And please explain who these "disenfranchised" people are that you refer to and why they are "disenfranchised" . . . I'm curious. I thought their voice was heard at the most recent (incomplete) polling that your side claimed was a huge success returning a massive majority for PT (again), when in reality the majority chose either not to vote or to cast a no vote.

Jay Jay is spot on with his post unlike most of what you post as being propaganda, distroted facts and far from reality. Very typical of you to label him a red just for wanting one on one election process. So this must mean you want a appointed council that will impose laws that only allows a certain select people to vote as the other side has advocated.

Unlike many posters here I understand Thaksin is a evil man/rich elite and Yingluck is just a puppet, but the other side is just as evil and Suthep is just a puppet controled by even more rich elites.

• Like 1

I do believe that the Dems might win an election as things are now but if they were allowed to campaign in all provinces and they took advantage of all the footage available to run a campaign that educated the voters on all of the points you mentioned then they would definitely be able to win.

Some would call it a smear campaign but is it really a smear campaign when you use real live footage and facts to get the points to the voters?

"Some would call it a smear campaign but is it really a smear campaign when you use real live footage and facts to get the points to the voters?"

It really depends on the validity of those "facts", how they are presented and their relevance to the campaign. The dems found that out the hard way recently, when their choice of governor for Bangkok was given a yellow card for having benefited from such goings on i.e a smear campaign by a dem MP.

The election is having to be re run. I wonder if suthep and his fellow election haters will disrupt that election too? Don't answer, the question was rhetorical.

The question was a load of manure, you mean. Suthep and his fellow anti-govermnent protesters are not 'election haters'. More than some posters here they understand that reforms are needed before you can have fair elections which benefit the country.

The "democracy = elections" is just a distraction from what elections in Thailand are with Thaksin still being allowed to call the shots in Pheu Thai. With him stating to control his cabinet and his sister lying in parliament that she's in charge.

As for the reasons for the 'yellow card', do you really want I correct you on that again? Is your memory so faulty or are you just dropping anything you don't like or which doesn't fit your program?

If it were not so negatively impactful on so many ordinary people this would be a great 'Spectator Sport'....

It's a testament to how far self-serving intentions can go without restraint from common sense!

There appears to be no end to it.

Not suprised, a complete cluster****, just another day in paradise

Thailand is sadly an example of how easily implementation of democratic procedures can go pear shaped. This government is perhaps the worst freely elected government I have ever seen, but the sad reality is that what preceded it right the way back to the Second World War is barely an improvement. But some of the policies of this government have been stunningly stupid they must have economists and policy developers using this regime as a case study on how not to do things when it comes to economic and social policy development and implementation. A direct consequence of years of inadequate educational provision (rote learning and diktat over critical thinking) and nationalistic brainwashing. A symptom rather than a cause

What may be needed is basically, bluntly, a final dissolution of all the main parties to be reformed under different names, stricter laws pertaining to eligibility to stand for parliament (no conflict of business interests, no Shinawatras or any other Robert maxwell clones, no convicted criminals allowed to stand) and a revolutionalised education system based on the western model of critical/analytical, ethical and social education (though it's by no means perfect in the west naturally and there are always flaws, it's still light years ahead of what goes on here) along with a Macpherson type review of the Police and reforms implemented including paying them a decent wage to reduce the temptation of backhanders. Then maybe in 15-20 years democracy might have matured in to a workable model which while it can never be perfect, might make people a bit better equipped to know what they are voting for and understand when they are being used. Though even in the west that still happens, it's not quite as openly ridiculous as here

Will it happen? Nah, at least not in the near future. But it did take about 200 years for democracy to fully mature in the west (took until about the Victorian era in the UK for landowners and employers to be prevented from bribing or bullying tenants etc from voting independently and for everyone to be allowed to vote) so Thailand may have another century or so to go. But in the meantime there has to be some third way better than this surely...

Edited by RichBKK
  • Like 1

So any party that feel that they will lose can block any polling stations, prevent registration and it can void an election. Precedent set and a slippery slope to chaos. Any neutral can see that the court has failed to provide a decent explanation. What will the pro-government supporters feel?

ok, there would be the next one, with the same effect - reds will win the majority, democrats will be losing support (that even if they contest an election).

dems wanted a new parliament, PM dissolved the house, dems boycotted the election. The reds won, election invalidated by yellow's palls from the court, dems call for boycott of the next poll.

the country is going down the drain, not the government, but courts, agencies and fascist mob on the streets running amok, destroying what is left from the reasonable economic, political and social stability.

You and your 'likes' must have known this would happen!!! Cheats never prosper - a salient lesson that needs to be learned by Yingluck I'm afraid!!!

Jay Jay is spot on with his post unlike most of what you post as being propaganda, distroted facts and far from reality. Very typical of you to label him a red just for wanting one on one election process. So this must mean you want a appointed council that will impose laws that only allows a certain select people to vote as the other side has advocated.

Unlike many posters here I understand Thaksin is a evil man/rich elite and Yingluck is just a puppet, but the other side is just as evil and Suthep is just a puppet controled by even more rich elites.

A lot of assumptions on the reform council, process and what it will mean for all.

Imagine what would have been said if Suthep had just deposited reforms, laws and a council. People would call him many names, a 'fascist' even maybe. As it is the PDRC has started very carefully to setup a bit of a framework for possible reforms with more input from all people required.

And yes, reforms and better checks and balances and more protection for the normal Thai citizen. Above all applicable to ALL.

• Like 1

Was there any doubt? The election was a failure. The protestors did their job and stopped the election while the police did nothing at all. Government will blame the EC for this but the fact is the police failed miserably in their jobs to protect the polling stations.

Police did a fine job taking care of the mess the EC created.

As far as I'm aware no one actually died on polling day and that's the most important thing.

The Reds can win elections any day of the week into the distant future, so nothing's been lost, only delayed.

I have asked you many times, and you have never answered

If PTP and Thaskin are so sure they will win the next election again

why are they trying so hard to not have to face the people at an election

Astonishing! Candidate for fail post of the year.

Umm, Tezza, what do you think happened less than two months ago, Feb 2nd to be exact?

And secondary question: Where were Abhisit and the Democrat Party on this day?

Now, who are trying so hard not to have face the people at an election?

So any party that feel that they will lose can block any polling stations, prevent registration and it can void an election. Precedent set and a slippery slope to chaos. Any neutral can see that the court has failed to provide a decent explanation. What will the pro-government supporters feel?

Only when the weather permits it.

Special dispensation when flocks of more than 4 pigs fly past.

Any other questions based on hilarious assumptions ?

Not suprised, a complete cluster****, just another day in paradise

Thailand is sadly an example of how easily implementation of democratic procedures can go pear shaped. This government is perhaps the worst freely elected government I have ever seen, but the sad reality is that what preceded it right the way back to the Second World War is barely an improvement. But some of the policies of this government have been stunningly stupid they must have economists and policy developers using this regime as a case study on how not to do things when it comes to economic and social policy development and implementation. A direct consequence of years of inadequate educational provision (rote learning and diktat over critical thinking) and nationalistic brainwashing. A symptom rather than a cause

What may be needed is basically, bluntly, a final dissolution of all the main parties to be reformed under different names, stricter laws pertaining to eligibility to stand for parliament (no conflict of business interests, no Shinawatras or any other Robert maxwell clones, no convicted criminals allowed to stand) and a revolutionalised education system based on the western model of critical/analytical, ethical and social education (though it's by no means perfect in the west naturally and there are always flaws, it's still light years ahead of what goes on here). Then maybe in 15-20 years democracy might have matured in to a workable model which while it can never be perfect, might make people a bit better equipped to know what they are voting for and understand when they are being used. Though even in the west that still happens, it's not quite as openly ridiculous as here

Will it happen? Nah, at least not in the near future. But it did take about 200 years for democracy to fully mature in the west (took until about the Victorian era in the UK for landowners and employers to be prevented from bribing or bullying tenants etc from voting independently and for everyone to be allowed to vote) so Thailand may have another century or so to go. But in the meantime there has to be some third way better than this surely...

They didn't go pear shaped!! They worked!!!

What a circus! The ultimate aim is for Thailand to have a democracy Thai style which is one that the amataya or Bangkok/Army Elite are comfortable with.....

< yawn >

Can we move on from "amart" and "elite" . . . your boss and his cronies are just as much "elite" as anyone else involved in this . . .

This post shows your complete ignorance as to what is going on here.

There isn't a single international media outlet of repute that does not refer to the elite or the am-mart.

It is the old establishment that are behind this mess.

A tiny bunch of decrepid old geriatrics and their families who are being washed away down the gutters and sewers of history where they belong.

Thaksin is new money and not part of the club.

How did I know it would be "you" that responded lol

Yes, it's old money and new money to a certain extent (although that is a touch simplistic explanation).

Both are "elite" however when compared to the majority of the rest of the population.

To claim Thaksin is not elite highlights your ignorance and gullibility with respect to the red propaganda that's spewed endlessly, claiming this is a fight between rich and poor. It's not, it's rich vs rich with everyone else as mere pawns in the game.

Thaksin is only financially elite, he's not socially elite.

It's a simple differentiation that somehow seems to stump you yellow TV posters.

Whether Thaksin is financially elite or not is irrelevant, it's who he represents that is important.

Thaksin, for better or for worse, represents the majority of the population who are overwhelmingly poor.

HIs supporters are not exclusively poor and not all the poor exclusively support him but broadly speaking the 20% of the population that are diehard Democrats are in the top half of the wealth distribution of this nation and the 40% to 50% of diehard Thaksinites are in the lower half of the wealth distribution.

So the rich versus poor scenario is apt.

One more thing you yellow fans seem to be unable or unwilling to comprehend is that with or without Thaksin and his family the Red movement will continue to exist and continue to dominate the electoral landscape of the nation.

The obsession with Thaksin is no more than a tactic and propaganda by the powers behind the yellows to garner the support of the gullible to their cause of ending democracy in Thailand.

• Like 2

ok, there would be the next one, with the same effect - reds will win the majority, democrats will be losing support (that even if they contest an election).

dems wanted a new parliament, PM dissolved the house, dems boycotted the election. The reds won, election invalidated by yellow's palls from the court, dems call for boycott of the next poll.

the country is going down the drain, not the government, but courts, agencies and fascist mob on the streets running amok, destroying what is left from the reasonable economic, political and social stability.

Ah the usual everybody else is wrong except Puea Thai excuse once again.

We are so misunderstood.

Never mind that what we did may have been wrong.

Never mind that we may have broken laws and the rules of parliament that put us here.

EVERYBODY ELSE is wrong.

Well boo hoo hoo.

How is the disruption in southern provinces of polling stations Puea Thai breaking the law?

Anyway It would be much easier if like the Junta / Democrats in 2006 they could just abolish the Constitutional court and later reestablish it having made various changes to it. Decisions sure go your way when you have the power to do that.

The constitution court isn't the problem. It's the constitution that needs to be adjusted to close the kind of loophole the PDRC used. The wording today is very clear, the election has to be held on the same day across Thailand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ah the usual everybody else is wrong except Puea Thai excuse once again.

We are so misunderstood.

Never mind that what we did may have been wrong.

Never mind that we may have broken laws and the rules of parliament that put us here.

EVERYBODY ELSE is wrong.

Well boo hoo hoo.

How is the disruption in southern provinces of polling stations Puea Thai breaking the law?

Anyway It would be much easier if like the Junta / Democrats in 2006 they could just abolish the Constitutional court and later reestablish it having made various changes to it. Decisions sure go your way when you have the power to do that.

The constitution court isn't the problem. It's the constitution that needs to be adjusted to close the kind of loophole the PDRC used. The wording today is very clear, the election has to be held on the same day across Thailand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So how does that comply with pre-voting?

Time to reform the political system then, dontcha think?

As much as want to see the backs of the corrupt and cheating Shinawatwa's, I think this is a bad day for Thailand as it has set a president whereby next time the PTP (or what ever name they are going by at the time) could use the same tactics to nullify an election.

That would assume a government would try to push through an election just like the Yingluck government tried to. Lots of 'nice' platitudes from Ms. Yingluck on what she could or could not, lots of threats from Pheu Thai MPs and members if the election would not continue. Etc., etc.

even you cannot possibly think it's fair that anyone blocks an election and it's called off on a technicality? it's so obviously biased and says 'hey anyone can block democratic elections if they think they will lose'

• Like 1

A mob of assassins, paid 300 baht a day to lynch and massacre bystandars and people who want to cast their votes, is untouchable.

Not even the Courts of Russia, Myanmar or North Korea can be so disgusting corrupt.

Suthep who was called "the most corrupt people in Thailand" by the Democrat Chuan Leekpai , is free to kill and kidnap people freely, while governing for the people is forbidden in this middle age society.

No one was lynched and/or massacred on election day. What are you on about?

N. Korea got courts? And Thailand is worse? Wow....wonder why there isn't a larger expat community there.

Suthep didn't "kill and kidnap" anyone, he was on camera and on stage most of the time. When there are arrests/trials/verdicts - do get back to us with details.

It would seem that a government controlled wby a criminal fugitive abroad and which manages to "lose" 700++ billion on a rice price pledging program only seems more interested in helping the country going down the drain.

As for stolen elections, the "democracy = elections" is getting more and more absurd. Try something new.

Anyway Thaksin a new passport, 700++ billion down the drain and the Thai taxpayer will suffer.

BTW did the caretaker MoF already have the 20 billion borrowed forwarded to the BAAC so that that state bank can finally try to pay a few more farmers?

Yawn facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

Same shit different thread. Do you lot never get bored just writing the same posts, slightly edited, for months on end?

Your in Thailand for goodness sake, get out and have a beer and enjoy the sun. Lifes too short.

Not all of us are just on holiday here and even those retired mostly have a personel interest in the well-being of Thailand and it's citizens what with family, kids and so.

Personally I'm still at work and trying to keep an eye on all those frantically active posters who feel sorry for the Yingluck government and are trying to defend the undefendable. Mind you I (try to) avoid TV as much as possible in the weekend. Then it's time for family, playing with a 16 month old granddaughter (who already knows what I mean when I say "put it in the garbage bin"), one or two beers, etc., etc.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

fab4 post # 69.

What better publicity for an insurgency than to stop a national election from taking place with a bomb or two - suthep and the CC have set the bar, well done.

What better publicity for an insurgency than to stop a government from governing as it should by taking Bangkok hostage with street barriers invading hospitals looting of shops and arson attacks etc also then threatening to burn Bangkok down placing a bomb or two here and there as the Red Shirts did under the sponsorship of Thaksin Shinwatra in 2010 that was the action that set the bar, well done Thaksin Shinwatra and the Red Shirts..

​Come come fab4, never let the true facts distort your red tinted beliefs.

What? I'm talking about a decision by the CC to nullify an election because of illegal acts taken by street mobs to disrupt that ongoing Royally decreed election under the orders of a person who has arrest warrants for murder and insurrection outstanding.

And you counter with a diatribe about actions of four years ago that were the result of a deadly crackdown by the army on a rally of people who were demonstrating for an election to be held.

You really haven't got the idea of debate and counter argument have you? Using a situation as evidence to back up your argument that is diametrically opposed to that argument, just doesn't make sound logical sense.

• Like 2

fab4 post # 69.

What better publicity for an insurgency than to stop a national election from taking place with a bomb or two - suthep and the CC have set the bar, well done.

What better publicity for an insurgency than to stop a government from governing as it should by taking Bangkok hostage with street barriers invading hospitals looting of shops and arson attacks etc also then threatening to burn Bangkok down placing a bomb or two here and there as the Red Shirts did under the sponsorship of Thaksin Shinwatra in 2010 that was the action that set the bar, well done Thaksin Shinwatra and the Red Shirts..

​Come come fab4, never let the true facts distort your red tinted beliefs.

What? I'm talking about a decision by the CC to nullify an election because of illegal acts taken by street mobs to disrupt that ongoing Royally decreed election under the orders of a person who has arrest warrants for murder and insurrection outstanding.

And you counter with a diatribe about actions of four years ago that were the result of a deadly crackdown by the army on a rally of people who were demonstrating for an election to be held.

You really haven't got the idea of debate and counter argument have you? Using a situation as evidence to back up your argument that is diametrically opposed to that argument, just doesn't make sound logical sense.

Actually the CC ruled that the elections were invalid because they were not held on one and the same day. In itself that has nothing to do with the anti-government protests or the blocking of registration/voting booths.

Cheats never prosper - a salient lesson that needs to be learned by Yingluck I'm afraid!!!

Cheats have been prospering in Thailand for centuries and will do for long to come, so sorry your post is nonsense.

So, you're against progress?