Why do people act like Thai girls don't have hearts too?

Scarpolo

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No one other than current happy husbands and those in current successful relationships,

has anything good to say about Thai girls.

Why is that?"

You've answered yourself in your opening line; Because those not in happy relationships have had bad ones and unhappy ones, and thus tend to generalise. Especially if they (the unhappy men) have tried again and got hurt again.

Add to the unhapiness with a relationship the other tribulations particular to Thailand (corrupt police, inept officials, crime etc), and rose-tinted spectacles get quite shit-tinted.

My first relationship cost me a bit emotionally and financially, and there may have been elements to the failure that had traces of all the bad stories we have all heard, but I was at fault too. I tried again after several years hiatus, and now I am the happiest man I know. She's my love as I am hers. I have fallen in love with a woman, I have not fallen in love with love or with lust.

And therein may be a clue to all the unhappiness; Coming from the West, a man finds a Thai woman who appears to love him. The man falls in love with the love, not the girl. He falls in lust with the girl. Finally, he realises she never did love him, and it all falls apart.

For sure, there are many hearts broken, both Western male and Thai female. I would bet a penny to a pound that for all the truly scheming manipulative women, there is a Western a-hole exploiting woman after woman for sex and sometimes for money, and hurting them in the process.

It's a good OP. It would do to bear in mind that so many gentle, good-hearted Thai women get truly hurt.

I am going to have to take your quote about, falling in love with the woman, and not the lust, to heart.

I may have done that repeatedly in life

Here are the facts, gents.

Forget Pattaya...that is just a sex circus town ...and athough it started as a r and r for American Soldiers, You will just need to take of census of club owners and figure out what country dominates ownership...as it stands now....of these clubs...and the training of their staff.

The vietnam era gals are long gone...people. that was 40 years ago.

The high dollar, hooker venue as it exists now, is more likely to be owned by Australians and Europeans, and it is their lot that made it into the seedy business it turned out to be...

not some 18 year old freckle faced GI who just wanted some cute gal to keep him company before he went to the suck hole Vietnam jungle. Many of the gals back then probably got hitched.

Ladies are thrown away here if they walk out of their marriage...... they walk because the husband just can't stop racking up with his Mia Noi's.

Get current.... The british were tagging thai gals long before the USA arrived.

A small resort in Pattaya...with clean beaches and nice friendly gals...thats what America left you with...

And that got destroyed....and built into what it is.

it is what it is.

I heard a lot of Russian speaking, in the two days I toured Pattaya

• Like 1

I agree with your post except to add, hurt, exploited.... by Thai men for the most part.

Anyway OP, booked your flight yet?

for crissakes,

I just got adjusted to pacific time in the US!.

haha yet here you are posting about thailand, women etc etc.

Face it. Life as you know is over.

As David Attenborough (cant spell it nor bothered to look up the correct spelling) said on a programme he did on Thailand, "Funny thing about Thailand, you haven't even left the country and you are already thinking about when you will return:"

It's ok Scarp, the addictive salty, sweet, sour and savoury taste of Thailand has entered your system and you are hooked forever. You are in good company.

True,

but not before I have the visa issues resolved.

someone told me the US Embassy will give me a letter of income, without actual proof.

I am going to test that

Blame the Vietnam era GI's who came to Thailand and set the foundation for what it is. Everyone in the world is a person thus has feelings.

Incorrect.....

I believe you are considering Pattaya as Representing the whole of Thailand.

Which is incredibly naive.

How so. Pattaya was the opening of a new industry that spread after to the rest of Thailand. Thus as I said foundation. Read before you reply.

Forget Pattaya...that is just a sex circus town ...and athough it started as a r and r for American Soldiers, You will just need to take of census of club owners and figure out what country dominates ownership...as it stands now....of these clubs...and the training of their staff.

The high dollar, hooker venue as it exists now, is more likely to be owned by Australians and Europeans, and it is their lot that made it into the seedy business it turned out to be...

not some 18 year old freckle faced GI who just wanted some cute gal to keep him company before he went to the suck hole Vietnam jungle. Many of the gals back then probably got hitched.

Ladies are thrown away here if they walk out of their marriage...... they walk because the husband just can't stop racking up with his Mia Noi's.

A small resort in Pattaya...with clean beaches and nice friendly gals...thats what America left you with...

it is what it is.

Just no. Main stream influx of the R&R Sex tourist was American. Pattaya was the rest stop of choice in the Vietnam war era. And are you implying it's of to be a 18 year whoremonger because you are going in to a jungle to fight a war in a country that had nothing to do with you?? British were there also but in no where near the numbers. It was the American GI's that made Pattaya the glowing hub of the lovely industry it is today. And I would seriously doubt any of the guys got hitched and there would be no proof to show this so grasping at straws to justify this is weak at best.

• Like 1

"Seriously,

No one other than current happy husbands and those in current successful relationships,

has anything good to say about Thai girls."

Apart from the VAST VAST majority of THAIS who have THAI spouses. Remind us again about the proportion of Thais that are married to non-Thais?

Blame the Vietnam era GI's who came to Thailand and set the foundation for what it is. Everyone in the world is a person thus has feelings.

Incorrect.....

I believe you are considering Pattaya as Representing the whole of Thailand.

Which is incredibly naive.

Do not forget the sleeze of Bangkok too.

it is what it is.

Just no. Main stream influx of the R&R Sex tourist was American. Pattaya was the rest stop of choice in the Vietnam war era. And are you implying it's of to be a 18 year whoremonger because you are going in to a jungle to fight a war in a country that had nothing to do with you?? British were there also but in no where near the numbers. It was the American GI's that made Pattaya the glowing hub of the lovely industry it is today. And I would seriously doubt any of the guys got hitched and there would be no proof to show this so grasping at straws to justify this is weak at best.

It was the Germans that discovered Pattaya before the GI's ever did; it was their own best kept secret. Then the GI's came and it took a few years before the Germans managed to get their towels back on the poolside sunlounger before they went for breakfast. Maybe your weren't here when Bier Kutche, Alt Heidelberg and a fair few others were just about the only farang cuisine available.

Your assertion that the 'high dollar, hooker venue' (in Pattaya?) are most likely to be owned by Aussies and Europeans (but not those squeaky clean Americans?) is rubbish. The vast majority were/are Thai-owned, even the ones that serve the hungry sexpat are 'fronted' by farangs, have farang managers and 'partners' but there's no way the Thai (police) are going to allow that cash cow become a foreign-owned enterprise.

Spare us your feelings on how wrong the Vietnam war was, apart from being off topic, it was right at the time for a whole lot of people.

Back OT; I think that people... no, I think that men forget that the demimondaines, students, factory workers, mums, sisters, etc., regardless of where they lie (or think the lie) in the Thai social strata, are all human beings. They feel and look human enough for rumpy pumpy, especially the young ones, eh? But heaven forbid that one should consider a relationship with a hooker. Queue the TV member with a rant about how he knows some sweet Thai girl who's Thai boyfriend abandoned her pregnant, so makes minimum wage in some factory and would never, EVER flog her patch on Pattaya's streets or Isaan girls being genetically primed to choose the path of least resistance because they are a fundamentally indolent lot.

We are all Jock Tamson's bairns after all although some here would probably beg to differ.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

First off lets do a little analysis......Since "Scarpolo's" limited experience in Thailand has mostly to do with dating for a few months a "high-end" soapy Prostitute and since this is his post it would seem to be geared toward sex trade women....

Just how many Thai women are involved in the Sex trade? A little research shows that although the number varies according to various polls.....200,000 to 300,000 is probably a good estimate. Population of Thailand is about 67 million with about half being women.....Sooooo 33.5 million women! So .006 percent of Thai Women work in the Sex industry and Scarpo's interaction with that segment.....Well obviously WAY LESS

My point is that after 6 months in Thailand with limited interaction .....the generalizations made by the OP ......well preposterous !!!

So as said before......Post read.....moving on coffee1.gif

Where do you get this crazy assumption from ???????????????

This is laugable and u must be very embarrased by this statement

One thing you forgot in your calculation,where are the children/babies, u numpty heheheheheheheheh.Some say thais are uneducated, your statement brings in a whole new ball game about education, unless u are 6 years old lol lol.

First off lets do a little analysis......Since "Scarpolo's" limited experience in Thailand has mostly to do with dating for a few months a "high-end" soapy Prostitute and since this is his post it would seem to be geared toward sex trade women....

Just how many Thai women are involved in the Sex trade? A little research shows that although the number varies according to various polls.....200,000 to 300,000 is probably a good estimate. Population of Thailand is about 67 million with about half being women.....Sooooo 33.5 million women! So .006 percent of Thai Women work in the Sex industry and Scarpo's interaction with that segment.....Well obviously WAY LESS

My point is that after 6 months in Thailand with limited interaction .....the generalizations made by the OP ......well preposterous !!!

One thing you forgot in your calculation,where are the children/babies, u numpty heheheheheheheheh.Some say thais are uneducated, your statement brings in a whole new ball game about education, unless u are 6 years old lol lol.

Apparently its beyond your capability to "google" ....# of women in Thailand sex trade industry!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 1

i would suggest most foreigners view/experience of thai women is limited to the girls they date whom may or may not be bar girls, may or may not have a decent job and education and may or may not have a good command of english.

how many foreigners take the time to have female friends here? meet and communicate with thai's female or male who are educated and can speak decent english. make the effort and you'll find about and understand a lot more about thailand and thai culture and yes, about thai women.

• Like 2

Apparently its beyond your capability to "google" ....# of women in Thailand sex trade industry!

Maybe u are 5 then

approx 67 million thais

men and women half, kids below 16 maybe half

so thai ladies maybe 6.3 milliom, thai men maybe 6.3 million, understand now,its not rocket science

• Like 2

Maybe u are 5 then

approx 67 million thais

so thai ladies maybe 6.3 milliom, thai men maybe 6.3 million, understand now,its not rocket science

Whoa!!!....great analysis......We have a new Albert Einstein! I stand correctedwub.png

But if you wish to be more accurate .....

Age structure 0-14 years: 19.2% (male 6,620,873/female 6,313,188)

15-24 years: 15.1% (male 5,181,468/female 4,975,083)

25-54 years: 45.6% (male 15,192,334/female 15,569,761)

55-64 years: 10.4% (male 3,345,493/female 3,661,867)

65 years and over: 9.8% (male 2,971,426/female 3,616,627) (2013 est.)

Now go back to your beer....!

Edited by beachproperty

i would suggest most foreigners view/experience of thai women is limited to the girls they date whom may or may not be bar girls, may or may not have a decent job and education and may or may not have a good command of english.

how many foreigners take the time to have female friends here? meet and communicate with thai's female or male who are educated and can speak decent english. make the effort and you'll find about and understand a lot more about thailand and thai culture and yes, about thai women.

What did they tell you....about thai women ?

Re: Post #12 and no proof of income required at US Embassy for income statement, that is absolutely true; all you are doing is swearing before a US Government Official in their official capacity that the information you have supplied in the affidavit is true. Keeping in mind:

18 U.S. Code § 1001 - Statements or entries generally

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive,
legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—
(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;
(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or
(3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;
-- shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years ...
Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Maybe u are 5 then

approx 67 million thais

Whoa!!!....great analysis......We have a new Albert Einstein! I stand correctedwub.png

Dont wanna spoil ur succes but can you recalculate the percentage of woman working in the prostitutionbusiness. 0.006 is not correct according to ur figures above.

Thanks.

Dont wanna spoil ur succes but can you recalculate the percentage of woman working in the prostitutionbusiness. 0.006 is not correct according to ur figures above.

Thanks.

Absolutely right....thanks......so lets say we use the figures from the 15-54 year old females......approx 20,000,000 total females in that group and say 300,000 working in the sex trade.....

Works out to 1.5 %

Point was and still is....that is a small percentage to make assumptions and generalizations as to ALL women!wai.gif

Also ....who are these people who OP says "

act like Thai girls don't have hearts too?

Are these the same sexpats that OP (self admittedly) belongs too? If so then again we have a small percentage of small minded men making judgements about a stereotype of Thai women (and an incorrect stereotype I might add!)

Edited by beachproperty