Why do people act like Thai girls don't have hearts too?

Scarpolo

No -- it is more like the one I posted.

re: The older brother was murdered... I saw pictures of him ... everything was open to me ...

From Dustin Hoffman's rant in 'Tootsie' (in part):

Now you all know that my father was a brilliant man; he built this hospital. What you don't know is that to his family, he was an unmerciful tyrant - a absolute dodo bird. He drove my mother, his wife, to - to drink; in fact, she - uh, she she she went riding one time and lost all her teeth.

The son Edward became a recluse, and the oldest daughter - the pretty one, the charming one - became pregnant when she was fifteen years old and was driven out of the house. In fact, she was so terrified that she would, uh, that, uh, that, that, that the baby daughter would bear the stigma of illegitimacy that she, she - she decided to change her name and she contracted a disfiguring disease... after moving to Tangiers, which is where she raised the, the, the little girl as her sister.

Edited by JLCrab

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking for myself, I like Thai women from many differing levels of society.

I see a lot of western guys trying to analyse the women in an alien culture without much success. Women are women and men are men. This does not change all that much. And it is a wonderful thing that this is not a simple formula that can be sorted and solved. If it was,, things would be very boring. I find that western women are generally a confused mess from cultural norms and the brainwashing of church dogma. Thai women come from an old culture that is biased on a different norm. Western guys generally don't have a clue about any of this. They call Thai women names without understanding the base norms. Every year you read about some western guy that got his dick cut off by a Thai gal because he screwed his gals best friend. He thought it was ok because she had only been a bar girl. Get a clue. It is a complex and interesting society. Romeo was 14 and Juliet was 13. How does this fit with today's western norms. Cleopatra was 150 lbs and not tall. Cesar screwed boys. Also there are good and bad people everywhere. I live in Nevada USA where there are counties with legal prostitution. The girls have unemployment insurance and many really like the business. Go figure.

And they make "real" money for their effort, the Thai's are getting screwed, in every way.

Ceaser liked boys? What would he think of the ladyboys then?

Cleopatra 150 lbs? no wonder they always focused on her "eyes"

My only "real" problem with the girl I was with, is and will be in future, her mother.

Way too much control over her,

And permits her to be a sex worker while draining her

I actually think it was her mother, who put her in the business without her knowing it,

as it was either a friend of the mother or one of her 400 aunt's that suggested the job,

and brought her there.

I met her, she was as cold as can be imagined, with such a warm daughter.

Too much influence, too much control, stories of abuse (couched as being protective)

have clouded her judgment about men,

her job, and pimp, or sorry, papasan, finished her off,

how she smiles so easily, and hides her tears and fears from her friends, escapes me,

must be that "thainess" everyone speaks of

in one of our last conversations I told her straight,

get control back from your mother, of your rental income and your properties and do not give anymore to her, and we have a chance,

since I know that won't happen

that's all she wrote

My only "real" problem with the girl I was with, is and will be in future, her mother.

Then just don't sleep with her next time.

I didn't sleep with her mother

Because the majority like those who post on this forum like to 'tar everyone with the same brush'

Some Thai ladies do seem heartless and some of that will be because of the way they have been treated by both the Thai boyfriens/husbands and the Farang that they meet.

We all hear how the Farang has been done over but there are also many times the Thai ladies are treated very disrepectively by the Farang. Often promising to help but after a few months decide not to do, or think it's ok for him to 'butterfly' but not the lady.

The problem is many of the Thai ladies can't write in English and post their experiences on this forum, so we hear one side of the story. However if they did the majority would offer no symphathy and just conclude that she must have derserved it.

The pressure the daughter gets from her family to make money enough to not only feed her parents, siblings and other relatives is enormous.

I too had a not too pleasant experience with a Thai lady but I have to admit that it was partly down to my naivety and maybe too soft a heart.

Because the majority like those who post on this forum like to 'tar everyone with the same brush'

Some Thai ladies do seem heartless and some of that will be because of the way they have been treated by both the Thai boyfriens/husbands and the Farang that they meet.

We all hear how the Farang has been done over but there are also many times the Thai ladies are treated very disrepectively by the Farang. Often promising to help but after a few months decide not to do, or think it's ok for him to 'butterfly' but not the lady.

The problem is many of the Thai ladies can't write in English and post their experiences on this forum, so we hear one side of the story. However if they did the majority would offer no symphathy and just conclude that she must have derserved it.

The pressure the daughter gets from her family to make money enough to not only feed her parents, siblings and other relatives is enormous.

I too had a not too pleasant experience with a Thai lady but I have to admit that it was partly down to my naivety and maybe too soft a heart.

I admit to having a soft heart in this case too bu my experience was not unpleasant, and unlikely that it is over

the key is to know when to apply the reigns, so your heart doesnt get stampeded

there is a reason they name hurricanes after females and forumsm like these are available so we know what to look out for,

then, it is as they say in thailand,

up to you

Edited by Scarpolo

... and there are some who like to post on this forum because there is no forum rule that says that anything you post on here has to be true; just that it cannot be knowingly false.

other than the vietnam war era disputes, I think we have a clean moving thread here?

So in your opinion a foreign guy (white or any colour skin?) treating a Thai lady disrespectfully entitles her to scam a house out of him?

• Like 1

Johnnyloda .... thanks very much for you post (#114) ... yes I have seen the hollow look in the girls eyes, the viscous cycle that traps them with no way out ... the 'competition' for a customer, the uncaring intimacies (used as a sperm receptacle) for the closest many men can get to in an expression of 'love' ... its a sad old <deleted> up world with losers who feel bar-girls are somehow beneath them and treat them so ... and wonder why the 'pay-back' ...

I know 'it is what it is' ... but I don't have to like and I don't have to keep quiet about; I was disappointed when Scarpolo's true colours came out ... he doesn't realise he is just as <deleted> up as them, but atypically American, thinks that money solves everything ... and there are some right Aussies as well ... (Go Queenslander)

Not so:

The girl has a beautiful house,

but until I moved in,

didn't have

1) a vacumb cleaner

2) a hot water heater

3) a dinette to eat on her patio

4) kitchen cabinets

5) a desk in her room

6) kindness

7) true gratitude

8) vacations to Pattaya, Chaing Mai, Ventienne, her home town (not to be released) an offer to travel to the States to see her best friend, who know lives in los angeles from whence I write.

9) a second set of new linens

10) 7 new pair of shoes, so she had more than one pair of old sandals and countless, useless heels

11) dozens of new blouses, and dresses

yes, it may seem to have been all about money, and I also paid her to live there,

when she told me she had no money the last week when I was packing, that is when she got the lesson in finance and saw the end of the trail. Yes, I knew she was going to pay down the land she purchased, but the brother was suddenly losing money gambling again, and calling for money, (its her real brother, and he is married to a girl that is gaining weight and doesnt work) the first wife of the brother stole her money from the clothing store she owned, which caused her to give up being in business for herself, and she became a sex worker, thanks to her mother's (sister?)

I told her, if she gets control of her mother, we have a chance,

my true colors?

I dont think so,

She didnt have a boyfriend in 4 years, and brought me in to live with her,

I in turn, dressed up her house and her closet, and treated her like a wife,

but I wont pull a horse, I have had a dozen of them, they cannot be pulled, but they can be slapped in the ass to move their own weight and that is how I described her mother and brother and his fat ugly wife

Your amazing generosity overwhelms me!

Let's see ....you stayed 6 months in Thailand of which you spent 5 months with your "Special Prostitute" at her home. That's approx 150 days....which if you stayed in a hotel would have been at least 150,000 baht.....soooo....you spend ...maybe....approximately 30,000 baht buying things for her home and a few dresses and YOU THINK you did her right!

Come on!....Your naivety is amazing as you have accepted her story (which is as old as Thailand).... hook, line and sinker! her supposed brother is her husband and the nephew is her son......Black heart Thai women have been pulling that scam ever since the "dumb" farang arrived ....you were only the next in line and not the last for her!

Granted most of the Thai women are not in the industry of sex and most are the loveliest and dearest people in the world.........but taking "Everything" you have written ...its obvious you got conned! Just too weak to admit it........you said you've moved on ....do so....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Not so beachnut,

there are wedding pictures of the brother, and the kid lives with the real mother.

the older brother was murdered. I saw pictures of him too.

everything was opened to me,

and I was well aware of all the possible con's as educated to me by my brooklyn friend, who has lived in bkk for 15 years and gave me the entire schooling, in my ear as loud as possible, to open my eyes to all

what came down to a few grand for me,

about $6400 in rent total

another $1,000 for clothes for both us,

and maybe $1,500 for the home

I lived the way I wanted to live for 5 months.

No one can say I was cheated

I won't bother to go into her physical appearance, because, it would just become lewdness, but trust me

I wouldnt have done this for your average barfly

I have heard the same or a similar story about 2000 times from as many men in my last 20 years here. Everyone will of course belive their girl/woman is special and not like the other bargirls/sexworkers ;) Edited by larsjohnsson
  • Like 1

thailiketoo (#128) ... Aussies never lost, like the septics, we should not have been there, or any other field of engagement anywhere else ... running protection for *corporate America's thievery of the world's resources (and we've got ^them here too)... until sanity prevailed and enough Americans protested and LBJ pulled the pin ...

I was here. We built deep water ports and roads and airports and the entire communication and oil and gas structure in Thailand. Thailand was America's gas station and phone company for the Vietnam war. We built schools and hospitals all over the country. We injected billions of dollars annually into all phases of the Thai economy. My wife was educated at a Thai university built and funded by America. Thailand asked for help under the SEATO treaty and America came and helped or Thailand might have gone the way of Laos and Cambodia.

Gone the way of Laos and Cambodia? i guess you do not mean the virtual destruction of the ancient culture of Laos. You mean something related to this?...

I meant the millions of Cambodians killed by the Khmer Rouge and the millions of Lao people killed by the Pathet Lao.

This did not happen in Thailand.

But a lot of Lao people where killed by Americans. And still are even today. Because the American plans dropped every bomb they had left over Laos before returning

... and there are some who like to post on this forum because there is no forum rule that says that anything you post on here has to be true; just that it cannot be knowingly false.

other than the vietnam war era disputes, I think we have a clean moving thread here?

Anyone who says that they've lived in Miami for 30+ years and doesn't remember that Hurricane Andrew was definitely not named after a female is on shaky grounds.

andrew-destruction2.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone who says that they've lived in Miami for 30+ years and doesn't remember that Hurricane Andrew was definitely not named after a female is on shaky grounds.

andrew-destruction2.jpg

Where did I say ALL hurricanes were named after women?

and, I was there, it was slightly windy, in fort lauderdale that night

Isn't the OP the guy who came here changed a girls view of the world and then did a runner? Geeze man move further south and find the hookers near a military base

settle down there

had to return,

it was well known

it is only after 3-4 months, that the honeymoon yields to reality,

we both got a dose, and are making the next adjustment

simmer down son

andrew-destruction2.jpg

Where did I say ALL hurricanes were named after women?

and, I was there, it was slightly windy, in fort lauderdale that night

Right -- but other than men and women, who else are they supposed to name them after?

First off lets do a little analysis......Since "Scarpolo's" limited experience in Thailand has mostly to do with dating for a few months a "high-end" soapy Prostitute and since this is his post it would seem to be geared toward sex trade women....

Just how many Thai women are involved in the Sex trade? A little research shows that although the number varies according to various polls.....200,000 to 300,000 is probably a good estimate. Population of Thailand is about 67 million with about half being women.....Sooooo 33.5 million women! So .006 percent of Thai Women work in the Sex industry and Scarpo's interaction with that segment.....Well obviously WAY LESS

My point is that after 6 months in Thailand with limited interaction .....the generalizations made by the OP ......well preposterous !!!

So as said before......Post read.....moving on coffee1.gif

Where do you get this crazy assumption from ???????????????

This is laugable and u must be very embarrased by this statement

One thing you forgot in your calculation,where are the children/babies, u numpty heheheheheheheheh.Some say thais are uneducated, your statement brings in a whole new ball game about education, unless u are 6 years old lol lol.

Apparently its beyond your capability to "google" ....# of women in Thailand sex trade industry!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

your all forgetting the 400,000 plus trafficked children in the thai sex trade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_trafficking_of_women_and_children_in_Thailand#cite_note-hughes-5

Sex Industry in Thailand in wikipedia

could there really be twice as many child slaves as voluntary female working girls?

easy to find various orders of figures online

So in your opinion a foreign guy (white or any colour skin?) treating a Thai lady disrespectfully entitles her to scam a house out of him?

Where in my post did I say that?

All i am saying is that, it is not always the Farang who is the innocent party

However if you do bad to someone then you should expect the same in return.

Sometimes the 'return' is somewhat more painful.

Where in my post did I say that?

All i am saying is that, it is not always the Farang who is the innocent party

However if you do bad to someone then you should expect the same in return.

Sometimes the 'return' is somewhat more painful.

Most of the times I hear a male foreigner (why do you keep picking on white people?) being 'done over' it involves the loss of a house and a car.

I don't know anyone that considers a bit of lying and cheating as being 'done over' that's just normal behaviour.

Also you might want to hide your bar girl background, your use of 'butterfly' and 'farang' puts you firmly in the bar scene.

If you could just include a few 'good heart' references, we can all have a good laugh at your (romance tourist) expense.

Edited by FiftyTwo

Lolz typical rubbish. Read the key part of my post. The foundation. IE the building block. IE the start. People here need to learn to read the whole post before flying off the handle. And no the American warrior (lolz nice phrase) Did not leave anyone better than they already were.

I was here. We built deep water ports and roads and airports and the entire communication and oil and gas structure in Thailand. Thailand was America's gas station and phone company for the Vietnam war. We built schools and hospitals all over the country. We injected billions of dollars annually into all phases of the Thai economy. My wife was educated at a Thai university built and funded by America. Thailand asked for help under the SEATO treaty and America came and helped or Thailand might have gone the way of Laos and Cambodia.

Sorry, but what you say has an attitude of, "We helped you, so now we can <deleted> you". I suspect you didn't mean it quite like that, but so many Americans do come across exactly like that and add to it "..and why the hell can't you speak American?" to the attitude.

Would certainly explain Chocolateville

And, why american music is played everywhere in thailand when you go indoors

Seems that you've never been to the best place in Thailand, also called Isaan. Ever heard of Morlam music?

[And, why american music is played everywhere in thailand when you go indoors

Seems that you've never been to the best place in Thailand, also called Isaan. Ever heard of Morlam music?

Never heard any American music in my misses house, her rellys and friends house, or any of the temple do's we keep going to, all 100% Thai (varing flavours).

We did get a bit of a shocker last week when we went to a temple do, and it was all live Burmese bands.

My misses said 'why are they allowing them to play foreign music in a Thai temple?'

It wasn't that bad, I didn't mind at all.

Dance remix of a Morlam song for you, I quite like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DKz8NhK5nY&feature=share&list=FLYuTQ5XohUiTwNlDfawXI9A&index=7

Video recorded at BK motor show last year.

Edited by FiftyTwo

GI's introduced go go bars to Bangkok and they were spread all through out Thailand primarily by Europeans and Brits on single men's vacations. Bar girls were introduced to Klong Toy by merchant seamen from all over the world. And they spread all over Thailand. I don't have to read about this in silly websites on line. I was here.

Americans left in 1975 and have never led tourist numbers since.

Thus the bolded. Now if we all go back to my first topic reply and see I said the FOUNDATION of what it has become today there would have been no need for the 5 pages of bickering just to come back full circle. TY for the honesty though TL you have shed some light on this and made a solid debate with your knowledge. Unlike others who just made it easy to show that they either did not know or were not there...

You STILL bickering?

By conveniently accepting the reality that go-go bars were an American affectation never seen before in LOS, your claim has suddenly morphed from one where the GI's in Pattaya kicked off the local sexpat scene to their building the FOUNDATION (your emphasis) of what is now seen throughout the whole of Thailand. I will admit that American Corps of Engineers are pretty awesome but I seriously doubt that Patpong is on their resume.

I see you appreciate the true 'been there, done that' input from members but regarding your statement "...they show that they either did not know or were not there", which camp do you belong to?

Never heard any American music in my misses house, her rellys and friends house, or any of the temple do's we keep going to, all 100% Thai (varing flavours).

We did get a bit of a shocker last week when we went to a temple do, and it was all live Burmese bands.

My misses said 'why are they allowing them to play foreign music in a Thai temple?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DKz8NhK5nY&feature=share&list=FLYuTQ5XohUiTwNlDfawXI9A&index=7

restaraunts, shopping malls, super markets, under gorund garages, elevators,

I just wanted to say I'm an American and I taught all of those girls how to dance. Yup it's my fault. Even the two nurses. I take nurses with me wherever I go now days. biggrin.png

Blame the Vietnam era GI's who came to Thailand and set the foundation for what it is. Everyone in the world is a person thus has feelings.

Prostitution did NOT start with U.S soldiers, of this i am 100% sure.

You can make up all sorts of excuses for these badly behaved Thai women, but at the end of the day THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR TERRIBLE BEHAVIOUR.

I never hear U.S/U.K music anywhere in Thailand! Ever

I agree about Esan Morlam music though, it can be fantastic.

Edited by parmo2

I just wanted to say I'm an American and I taught all of those girls how to dance. Yup it's my fault. Even the two nurses. I take nurses with me wherever I go now days. biggrin.png

All part of getting old, I also have the urge to surround myself with nurses, especially those two nurses.

• Like 1

with the sort of music I post here, you can imagine how offensive to the ears a drum machine is?

maybe you don't.

canned music, is not music, it is like processed cheese vs. real, without the assault on the senses

canned music, is not music, it is like processed cheese vs. real, without the assault on the senses

Guy with a guitar, more your thing then

Cowboy singing "It hurts too much"

And to bring it back to the topic, Thai girls love to hear these songs and usually despise foreign music.

The way to a Thai girl's heart, Thai morlam and country music.

Edited by FiftyTwo

Guy with a guitar, more your thing then

Cowboy singing "It hurts too much"

And to bring it back to the topic, Thai girls love to hear these songs and usually despise foreign music.

The way to a Thai girl's heart, Thai morlam and country music.

How far must a man go to get away from Jimmy Buffet?

I met these guys and am working on this song:

While they were showing it to me, the entire restaraunt starting singing it.

I won't ever put down other musicians, but that sucked

As my girl is still somewhat young, she is more into Sek Loso and Gil Ofarim, and not Thai hillbilly music, but thanks for trying.

Music is music, as long as it is played by humans,

here is a full set of these guys so showcase their immense talent

They are well known