Why do people act like Thai girls don't have hearts too?

Scarpolo

You should know ... you did it ... why did you?

it was always known, I had to return to the states to clean up certain, unclean matters.

the issue is, whether I return.

she encouraged me to finish the past so it didnt weigh on my future.

frankly, I am on the fence as to what is or is not "heart"

One prior post spoke to the issue of lust,

it is something I am considering.

tomorrow, I will be enjoying this in SF

oh, guitar, you are the gift that keeps on giving:

For some unknown reason I have always found Asian women attractive, but this babe could sway me. Cheers Scarpo for the vid. But to subject.....it would just be lust ;)

BTW, I appreciated your poetic reply to someone earlier, I just don't want to get involved with the argument so didn't comment.

• Like 1

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lolz typical rubbish. Read the key part of my post. The foundation. IE the building block. IE the start. People here need to learn to read the whole post before flying off the handle. And no the American warrior (lolz nice phrase) Did not leave anyone better than they already were.

I was here. We built deep water ports and roads and airports and the entire communication and oil and gas structure in Thailand. Thailand was America's gas station and phone company for the Vietnam war. We built schools and hospitals all over the country. We injected billions of dollars annually into all phases of the Thai economy. My wife was educated at a Thai university built and funded by America. Thailand asked for help under the SEATO treaty and America came and helped or Thailand might have gone the way of Laos and Cambodia.

So rather than letting Thailand evolve as it would have American ideals were pushed onto the people so you could have a gas station and phone company in Asia during the war..... And here is just one quote of the SEATO deal...

" Primarily created to block further communist gains in Southeast Asia, SEATO is generally considered a failure because internal conflict and dispute hindered general use of the SEATO military; however, SEATO-funded cultural and educational programs left long-standing effects in Southeast Asia. SEATO was dissolved on 30 June 1977 after many members lost interest and withdrew. "

• Like 1

Lolz typical rubbish. Read the key part of my post. The foundation. IE the building block. IE the start. People here need to learn to read the whole post before flying off the handle. And no the American warrior (lolz nice phrase) Did not leave anyone better than they already were.

I was here. We built deep water ports and roads and airports and the entire communication and oil and gas structure in Thailand. Thailand was America's gas station and phone company for the Vietnam war. We built schools and hospitals all over the country. We injected billions of dollars annually into all phases of the Thai economy. My wife was educated at a Thai university built and funded by America. Thailand asked for help under the SEATO treaty and America came and helped or Thailand might have gone the way of Laos and Cambodia.

Sorry, but what you say has an attitude of, "We helped you, so now we can <deleted> you". I suspect you didn't mean it quite like that, but so many Americans do come across exactly like that and add to it "..and why the hell can't you speak American?" to the attitude.

• Like 2

I would have to say that being a women first, of course they have hearts! and those hearts get broken be it by thai boyfriends or foreigners I have found thai ladies to be very sensitive and in some cases quite naïve .in the game of love.then again there are some ladies who love nothing better than to settle a score or get even with a lover who has jilted her, if you want to win the heart of lady you have earn to earn there trust and be prepared to go all the way and it must be done thai style..my sister in law is a thai my daughter in law is a thaiand I have had a few thai lady girlfriends and of course one must court a lady thai style..the mercenaries who are out there well they forgot what love was about a long time ago! and the bad men who disrespect any lady for any job they do are just plain bad news world wide .it would help if you remember to show some respect to any lady if you indeed want to win a heart and want to go all the way, as the lady in the movie Tiatanic said .A womans heart is as deep as the ocean and as many a man knows up to you is a not just an expression but has a significance towards a deeper meaning with the lady.they don't give there hearts away too easily anymore , however when they do you will be surprised how deep that ocean is/or isn't!

• Like 1

I have a bunch of Thai women working for me and they are not lovers or close friends. I have never known anyone more kind and more honest as a group and a few of them are amongst the nicest people that I have met anywhere. They work hard and genuinely want to help the customers. All of them are married and none of them seem to be interested in other men and certainly not in Westerners. They are plenty of heartless, dishonest women in Thailand - like anywhere else - but there are lots of honest, genuine ones here too.

So true, UG. These honest, decent, wholesome Thai women you speak of make up the vast majority. The heartless, dishonest Thai women are out there, but they make up a tiny minority. Amazingly, farang guys always manage to find the latter. I'm sure there's an analogy that explains this.

Mr Berkshire, read my post #84.

I seriously can not believe people are this blind...... Every country in the world has had or has prostitution in its history. It's called the worlds oldest profession for a reason. Now people take your finger off the American pride button and watch what I say. The American GI's made Pattaya and later it spread to Thailand the reputable place it is today. They built the FOUNDATION of Thailand getting the nod to being a big place for Sex tourists. This is true. Thailand guys doing it would have never spread outside Thailand. You would have thought I was going on about how the USA lost that war by the butt hurt replies here. It's pretty black and white really spend 5 minutes on the internet and you can find these types of facts. Just like proving there was more than one hotel in Pattaya in 1969.

Nonsense. Taipei was an R&R area. Bangkok was an R&R. Sydney was an R&R area. Sydney proved an extremely popular destination for Americans on R & R, 300,000 went there.

• Hawaii
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Bangkok, Thailand
  • Hong Kong
  • Kuala Lampur (later changed to Penang), Malaysia
  • Manila, Philippines
  • Singapore
  • Taipei, Taiwan
  • Tokyo, Japan

Do you see Pattaya listed?

R&R was to a city. Did some get outside of the city? Sure but not many. It was only 5 or 6 days. Didn't want to spend any more time traveling than was necessary.

Edited by thailiketoo

I seriously can not believe people are this blind...... Every country in the world has had or has prostitution in its history. It's called the worlds oldest profession for a reason. Now people take your finger off the American pride button and watch what I say. The American GI's made Pattaya and later it spread to Thailand the reputable place it is today. They built the FOUNDATION of Thailand getting the nod to being a big place for Sex tourists. This is true. Thailand guys doing it would have never spread outside Thailand. You would have thought I was going on about how the USA lost that war by the butt hurt replies here. It's pretty black and white really spend 5 minutes on the internet and you can find these types of facts. Just like proving there was more than one hotel in Pattaya in 1969.

Nonsense. Taipei was an R&R area. Bangkok was an R&R. Sydney was an R&R area. Sydney proved an extremely popular destination for Americans on R & R, 300,000 went there.

• Hawaii
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Bangkok, Thailand
  • Hong Kong
  • Manila, Philippines
  • Singapore
  • Taipei, Taiwan
  • Tokyo, Japan

R&R was to a city. Did some get outside of the city? Sure but not many. It was only 5 or 6 days. Didn't want to spend any more time traveling than was necessary.

You might find this an interesting read: http://www.1stoppattaya.com/articles/sattahip_gis/ How the GI presence led to the development of 'modern' Pattaya.

• Like 1

naturally those in good relationships and ones that are happy are with a woman they love and have nothing bad to say about her but even my thai wife says that too many thai women think with their bank accounts rather than their hearts, they look for what they can get out of a relationship & not what they can put into it. The same can be said for a lot of farangs and thai men, they only want someone to bonk whenever they like, screw how she feels about them. There is good and bad on both sides of the fence, unfortunately I think it is the way many thai ladies think that undoes them.

• Like 2

• Hawaii
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Bangkok, Thailand
  • Hong Kong
  • Manila, Philippines
  • Singapore
  • Taipei, Taiwan
  • Tokyo, Japan

You might find this an interesting read: http://www.1stoppattaya.com/articles/sattahip_gis/ How the GI presence led to the development of 'modern' Pattaya.

The article is full of falsehoods. For one R&R troops did not fly to UTapao. They flew to Don Muang in Bangkok. Most never left Bangkok. So no cigar for that one. The article is mostly fiction. Fair dinkum the Aussies found it first anyway.

I have a bunch of Thai women working for me and they are not lovers or close friends. I have never known anyone more kind and more honest as a group and a few of them are amongst the nicest people that I have met anywhere. They work hard and genuinely want to help the customers. All of them are married and none of them seem to be interested in other men and certainly not in Westerners. They are plenty of heartless, dishonest women in Thailand - like anywhere else - but there are lots of honest, genuine ones here too.

So true, UG. These honest, decent, wholesome Thai women you speak of make up the vast majority. The heartless, dishonest Thai women are out there, but they make up a tiny minority. Amazingly, farang guys always manage to find the latter. I'm sure there's an analogy that explains this.

The problem I see here is this small minority you speak of are the ones that behave in a manner most foreigners would associate with a girl that's interested in them. And I'm not even talking about the ones that are straight up out for money. The other 90% are either too shy or just embarrassed to be seen with a foreigner. It's kinda degrading trying to talk to a girl that acts like you're the plague. Like Berkshire said, "...certainly not [interested in] westerners."

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You ask: "Why do people act like Thai girls don't have hearts?", AND that you'd "like to see positive comments about Thai females". Has it occurred to you that there may be a contradiction here - please make your mind up which you want.

Thai women (understandably) want 'a better life' - which means a lot more money. If a girl is young, pretty and from an uneducated, impoverished family she has two options - win the Lottery or seduce a rich farang.

She may hate the farang, she may love him - it doesn't really matter - the object is to syphon as much money as possible into the family coffers. The farang will only cough up if he thinks the woman loves him. When the cash dries up this 'love' is seen to be a delusion.

Try it yourself next time you are over. Find a girl who is interested in you, then when she asks "Where you stay?" tell her you live in a cardboard box - then ask her to lend you twenty baht to buy some noodles.

Observe her reaction, then ask yourself "Does she have a heart?"

I would have to say that being a women first, of course they have hearts! and those hearts get broken be it by thai boyfriends or foreigners I have found thai ladies to be very sensitive and in some cases quite naïve .in the game of love.then again there are some ladies who love nothing better than to settle a score or get even with a lover who has jilted her, if you want to win the heart of lady you have earn to earn there trust and be prepared to go all the way and it must be done thai style..my sister in law is a thai my daughter in law is a thaiand I have had a few thai lady girlfriends and of course one must court a lady thai style..the mercenaries who are out there well they forgot what love was about a long time ago! and the bad men who disrespect any lady for any job they do are just plain bad news world wide .it would help if you remember to show some respect to any lady if you indeed want to win a heart and want to go all the way, as the lady in the movie Tiatanic said .A womans heart is as deep as the ocean and as many a man knows up to you is a not just an expression but has a significance towards a deeper meaning with the lady.they don't give there hearts away too easily anymore , however when they do you will be surprised how deep that ocean is/or isn't!

One thing I've always wondered is why a Thai girl will swear off Thai men forever bc just one of em breaks her heart, yet seems to give foreigners endless chances despite similar actions. Makes me wonder if there's any real love on the part of a Thai girl towards a foreigner or if we're simply seen as failed opportunities for a better life.

• Like 1

One thing I've always wondered is why a Thai girl will swear off Thai men forever bc just one of em breaks her heart, yet seems to give foreigners endless chances despite similar actions. Makes me wonder if there's any real love on the part of a Thai girl towards a foreigner or if we're simply seen as failed opportunities for a better life.

Is, "why pay for the cow when the milk is free" a Thai expression?

• Like 1

1. MANY a man doesn't understand a woman (no matter what nationality)

2. MANY a farang doesn't understand thai people (both man and woman)

me thinks at least 50% of the farang-thai couples here have no idea what they are getting into.

i have yet to meet a thai woman that i could have a love relationship with. uneducated/poor or educated/rich, thx but no thx...

Why educated Thai women have to be rich? Can't they be educated but poor?

What is educated mean? Having a college degree? How many members here have college degree? Do they considered themselves uneducated if they don't? Please explain.

Thanks for joining in. Appreciate your thoughts. Cheers-

You ask: "Why do people act like Thai girls don't have hearts?", AND that you'd "like to see positive comments about Thai females". Has it occurred to you that there may be a contradiction here - please make your mind up which you want.

Thai women (understandably) want 'a better life' - which means a lot more money. If a girl is young, pretty and from an uneducated, impoverished family she has two options - win the Lottery or seduce a rich farang.

She may hate the farang, she may love him - it doesn't really matter - the object is to syphon as much money as possible into the family coffers. The farang will only cough up if he thinks the woman loves him. When the cash dries up this 'love' is seen to be a delusion.

Try it yourself next time you are over. Find a girl who is interested in you, then when she asks "Where you stay?" tell her you live in a cardboard box - then ask her to lend you twenty baht to buy some noodles.

Observe her reaction, then ask yourself "Does she have a heart?"

Really time for you to get out of that cardbox.

• Like 1

Sorry, but what you say has an attitude of, "We helped you, so now we can <deleted> you". I suspect you didn't mean it quite like that, but so many Americans do come across exactly like that and add to it "..and why the hell can't you speak American?" to the attitude.

Would certainly explain Chocolateville

And, why american music is played everywhere in thailand when you go indoors

Sounds like you have an anti American attitude rather than anything I said. Thailand asked for help. America and Australia helped. America built the modern infrastructure that has allowed Thailand to be a major economic power in the region today. Thailand would not be the auto giant it is without deep water ports and the energy refining capability it posses from America. Not only did America build but it taught the Thais to build and maintain and advance. Thai troops fought with America in Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan.

I said nothing above about sex. Seems to me you are the one who said, "and why the hell can't you speak American?" I speak Thai. I spoke Thai in 1968. I taught Thai students in 1968. I taught them in Thai.

You could learn a lot from the old guys who were in Thailand in the 1960's and 1970's. Or you could alienate them and learn nothing.

Sounds like you have an anti American attitude rather than anything I said. Thailand asked for help. America and Australia helped. America built the modern infrastructure that has allowed Thailand to be a major economic power in the region today. Thailand would not be the auto giant it is without deep water ports and the energy refining capability it posses from America. Not only did America build but it taught the Thais to build and maintain and advance. Thai troops fought with America in Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan.

I said nothing above about sex. Seems to me you are the one who said, "and why the hell can't you speak American?" I speak Thai. I spoke Thai in 1968. I taught Thai students in 1968. I taught them in Thai.

You could learn a lot from the old guys who were in Thailand in the 1960's and 1970's. Or you could alienate them and learn nothing.

and those words dear reader, and in this case also, the writer,

are what some of us come to TV for,

thanks

Speaking for myself, I like Thai women from many differing levels of society.

I see a lot of western guys trying to analyse the women in an alien culture without much success. Women are women and men are men. This does not change all that much. And it is a wonderful thing that this is not a simple formula that can be sorted and solved. If it was,, things would be very boring. I find that western women are generally a confused mess from cultural norms and the brainwashing of church dogma. Thai women come from an old culture that is biased on a different norm. Western guys generally don't have a clue about any of this. They call Thai women names without understanding the base norms. Every year you read about some western guy that got his dick cut off by a Thai gal because he screwed his gals best friend. He thought it was ok because she had only been a bar girl. Get a clue. It is a complex and interesting society. Romeo was 14 and Juliet was 13. How does this fit with today's western norms. Cleopatra was 150 lbs and not tall. Cesar screwed boys. Also there are good and bad people everywhere. I live in Nevada USA where there are counties with legal prostitution. The girls have unemployment insurance and many really like the business. Go figure.

• Like 1

Speaking for myself, I like Thai women from many differing levels of society.

I see a lot of western guys trying to analyse the women in an alien culture without much success. Women are women and men are men. This does not change all that much. And it is a wonderful thing that this is not a simple formula that can be sorted and solved. If it was,, things would be very boring. I find that western women are generally a confused mess from cultural norms and the brainwashing of church dogma. Thai women come from an old culture that is biased on a different norm. Western guys generally don't have a clue about any of this. They call Thai women names without understanding the base norms. Every year you read about some western guy that got his dick cut off by a Thai gal because he screwed his gals best friend. He thought it was ok because she had only been a bar girl. Get a clue. It is a complex and interesting society. Romeo was 14 and Juliet was 13. How does this fit with today's western norms. Cleopatra was 150 lbs and not tall. Cesar screwed boys. Also there are good and bad people everywhere. I live in Nevada USA where there are counties with legal prostitution. The girls have unemployment insurance and many really like the business. Go figure.

And they make "real" money for their effort, the Thai's are getting screwed, in every way.

Ceaser liked boys? What would he think of the ladyboys then?

Cleopatra 150 lbs? no wonder they always focused on her "eyes"

My only "real" problem with the girl I was with, is and will be in future, her mother.

Way too much control over her,

And permits her to be a sex worker while draining her

I actually think it was her mother, who put her in the business without her knowing it,

as it was either a friend of the mother or one of her 400 aunt's that suggested the job,

and brought her there.

I met her, she was as cold as can be imagined, with such a warm daughter.

Too much influence, too much control, stories of abuse (couched as being protective)

have clouded her judgment about men,

her job, and pimp, or sorry, papasan, finished her off,

how she smiles so easily, and hides her tears and fears from her friends, escapes me,

must be that "thainess" everyone speaks of

in one of our last conversations I told her straight,

get control back from your mother, of your rental income and your properties and do not give anymore to her, and we have a chance,

since I know that won't happen

that's all she wrote

Edited by Scarpolo
  • Like 1

So rather than letting Thailand evolve as it would have American ideals were pushed onto the people so you could have a gas station and phone company in Asia during the war..... And here is just one quote of the SEATO deal...

" Primarily created to block further communist gains in Southeast Asia, SEATO is generally considered a failure because internal conflict and dispute hindered general use of the SEATO military; however, SEATO-funded cultural and educational programs left long-standing effects in Southeast Asia. SEATO was dissolved on 30 June 1977 after many members lost interest and withdrew. "

Millions of people died in the 1960's in Cambodia, Laos and Burma as a result of political turmoil. Four countries in a row. Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand. The only country to escape mass murder and millions dead from conflict was Thailand. Do you think it was a coincidence they were on the American side during the Vietnam war?

Here are the facts, gents.

Forget Pattaya...that is just a sex circus town ...and athough it started as a r and r for American Soldiers, You will just need to take of census of club owners and figure out what country dominates ownership...as it stands now....of these clubs...and the training of their staff.

The vietnam era gals are long gone...people. that was 40 years ago.

The high dollar, hooker venue as it exists now, is more likely to be owned by Australians and Europeans, and it is their lot that made it into the seedy business it turned out to be...

not some 18 year old freckle faced GI who just wanted some cute gal to keep him company before he went to the suck hole Vietnam jungle. Many of the gals back then probably got hitched.

Ladies are thrown away here if they walk out of their marriage...... they walk because the husband just can't stop racking up with his Mia Noi's.

Get current.... The british were tagging thai gals long before the USA arrived.

A small resort in Pattaya...with clean beaches and nice friendly gals...thats what America left you with...

And that got destroyed....and built into what it is.

it is what it is.

Just no. Main stream influx of the R&R Sex tourist was American. Pattaya was the rest stop of choice in the Vietnam war era. And are you implying it's of to be a 18 year whoremonger because you are going in to a jungle to fight a war in a country that had nothing to do with you?? British were there also but in no where near the numbers. It was the American GI's that made Pattaya the glowing hub of the lovely industry it is today. And I would seriously doubt any of the guys got hitched and there would be no proof to show this so grasping at straws to justify this is weak at best.

Incorrect....we pulled out

The big boys from Europe and Australia made it into what you are seeing now.

Here are the facts, gents.

Forget Pattaya...that is just a sex circus town ...and athough it started as a r and r for American Soldiers, You will just need to take of census of club owners and figure out what country dominates ownership...as it stands now....of these clubs...and the training of their staff.

The vietnam era gals are long gone...people. that was 40 years ago.

The high dollar, hooker venue as it exists now, is more likely to be owned by Australians and Europeans, and it is their lot that made it into the seedy business it turned out to be...

not some 18 year old freckle faced GI who just wanted some cute gal to keep him company before he went to the suck hole Vietnam jungle. Many of the gals back then probably got hitched.

Ladies are thrown away here if they walk out of their marriage...... they walk because the husband just can't stop racking up with his Mia Noi's.

Get current.... The british were tagging thai gals long before the USA arrived.

A small resort in Pattaya...with clean beaches and nice friendly gals...thats what America left you with...

And that got destroyed....and built into what it is.

it is what it is.

I heard a lot of Russian speaking, in the two days I toured Pattaya

You write:

"Here are the facts, gents.... Forget Pattaya...that is just a sex circus town"

You are absolutely wrong about Pattaya.

Yes ! sex-bussines exist in Pataya, just like in any other big cities in the West.

Pattaya is a lot more than sex.

But as so many other people on this site You generalize.

Whatever peopole think about Thailadies,good or bad. The rules are the same in the West.

As a Danish bussines-ikon once said: You cannot buy love, but You can buy something there looks like it"

He married one from his staff, she was 21 he 60. He died a few years later an she became a multi-millonaire.

• Like 1

Johnnyloda .... thanks very much for you post (#114) ... yes I have seen the hollow look in the girls eyes, the viscous cycle that traps them with no way out ... the 'competition' for a customer, the uncaring intimacies (used as a sperm receptacle) for the closest many men can get to in an expression of 'love' ... its a sad old &lt;deleted&gt; up world with losers who feel bar-girls are somehow beneath them and treat them so ... and wonder why the 'pay-back' ...

I know 'it is what it is' ... but I don't have to like and I don't have to keep quiet about; I was disappointed when Scarpolo's true colours came out ... he doesn't realise he is just as &lt;deleted&gt; up as them, but atypically American, thinks that money solves everything ... and there are some right &lt;deleted&gt; Aussies as well ... (Go Queenslander)

Millions of people died in the 1960's in Cambodia, Laos and Burma as a result of political turmoil. Four countries in a row. Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand. The only country to escape mass murder and millions dead from conflict was Thailand. Do you think it was a coincidence they were on the American side during the Vietnam war?

I think it was the Freemasons at work,

their symbols are all over Thailand, in the form of Esso, McDonalds, to name a few.