Why do people act like Thai girls don't have hearts too?

Scarpolo

We all hear how the Farang has been done over but there are also many times the Thai ladies are treated very disrepectively by the Farang. Often promising to help but after a few months decide not to do, or think it's ok for him to 'butterfly' but not the lady.

So in your opinion a foreign guy (white or any colour skin?) treating a Thai lady disrespectfully entitles her to scam a house out of him?

Where in my post did I say that?

All i am saying is that, it is not always the Farang who is the innocent party

However if you do bad to someone then you should expect the same in return.

Sometimes the 'return' is somewhat more painful.

Most of the times I hear a male foreigner (why do you keep picking on white people?) being 'done over' it involves the loss of a house and a car.

I don't know anyone that considers a bit of lying and cheating as being 'done over' that's just normal behaviour.

Also you might want to hide your bar girl background, your use of 'butterfly' and 'farang' puts you firmly in the bar scene.

If you could just include a few 'good heart' references, we can all have a good laugh at your (romance tourist) expense.

Well you certainly understand the words 'butterfly' and ' Farang' so does that mean you come from the bar scene!!

Those two words are spoken by a huge amount of Thai ladies and maybe with the exception of a few words like 'hello' and 'ok' are the only two words of English they do understand, whether they worked in the bar scene or not.

Your assumption about me though is incorrect. I am happily married to a Thai lady for over 3 years and live in Thailand. Unlike many, I do not give her a monthly allowance/payment. To me that is just like paying a bar girl.

Another thing I never said anything about just white people. To me a 'farang' means a foreigner to this country, colour of skin has nothing to do with it.

You certainly do come over as a male chauvenist ... So I would guess that you too picked the wrong lady at some time and can't accept like I did that partial blame was maybe yours.

Good that you let others know that you are quite happy to cheat and lie, I personally do not think this is 'normal' behaviour. Let's hope all your friends read that as I am sure that will do the world of good in them trusting you.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree partly with you.

Agree upon the fact that a foreigner, with children, in thailand should learn thai to an extend that he/she can converse at least basic thai. Out of respect to his partner and to acquire knowledge of thai society. The latter doesnt mean that if he /she doesnt speak thai no knowledge can be acquired.

I disagree about the partners point of view from you. IMO it shows respect to the partner to learn his/her native language when there are children involved. Whether they have a future in thailand or not. It gives as well a good example for the common children.

I agree on your last paragraph wholeheartedly. Its not something, unfortunately, one reads alot about on this forum.

I agree that it's possible to learn a lot about the culture even without speaking the language. Understanding the culture fully is a lot harder, though (and something 99% of us will never fully be able to, even though we regularly speak with locals), but you can gain some level of understanding either way (though the level of understanding, in my opinion, increases exponentially with your level of Thai). If you want to be fully integrated, though, it's imperative to learn to speak it and speak it fluently.

I see your point about respect, sort of, but I haven't really tried to teach them (nor do I have time) and I've made an effort from day 1 to speak their language. However, I'm sure there are lots of foreigners here who think their Thai partner should show them respect by learning their language, yet they don't show the Thai people the respect of learning Thai themselves.

Other than that, I'd prefer them to speak English (Norwegian isn't that important, most if not almost all Norwegians can speak English) when not speaking Thai, as it's a much more useful language to learn and one I can speak relatively well myself. Norwegian as well would of course be an advantage, though not necessarily that important.

As for the last paragraph; yes, I think many people have bad experiences and project it onto / blame it on the Thai girls. It's one of the main reasons for gaining a thorough understanding of the language and the culture; it'll be easier to see the hows and whys. How can you analyze what you don't really understand?

We can "learn" about their culture all we want, and we can learn their language too, if we want.

I am learning it slowly, more sharing mutual repeated words and phrases used.

I am also learning it through their music and lyrics, which is an extra advantage.

But I feel the Thai's are better off learning english, than we are learning Thai, as learning english is more of a key to prosperity for them, and for us, it is merely to converse.

ie., more value for them to learn english and break the shackles of their culture.

First off lets do a little analysis......Since "Scarpolo's" limited experience in Thailand has mostly to do with dating for a few months a "high-end" soapy Prostitute and since this is his post it would seem to be geared toward sex trade women....

Just how many Thai women are involved in the Sex trade? A little research shows that although the number varies according to various polls.....200,000 to 300,000 is probably a good estimate. Population of Thailand is about 67 million with about half being women.....Sooooo 33.5 million women! So .006 percent of Thai Women work in the Sex industry and Scarpo's interaction with that segment.....Well obviously WAY LESS

My point is that after 6 months in Thailand with limited interaction .....the generalizations made by the OP ......well preposterous !!!

So as said before......Post read.....moving on coffee1.gif

I read that two out of three Thai men use prostitutes in some way, whether they are Mia Nois, from bars, or streetwalkers etc. If that is anywhere near true, then how many prostitutes are really in Thailand? I am not against prostitution as long as no one is getting hurt in any way. No one has any right to tell anyone what they can or can't do with their own bodies.

Firstly, define ''prostitution''

An office worker ''good girl'' could have a debt that needs to be taken care of immediately and the fastest way is to rent her body out. She might do this for a week or month part-time and after she collected enough money to pay her debts, she will then stop doing it.

Then, is she called an ex prostitute?

I would say all women are whores, whenever it suits them. Most simple philosophical truth out there. Only a few understands. Have been hidden by feminist movement to safe face, so most men don't realize this.

PS, save your political correct reactions.

First: define prostitution

while it may be a wide target, with many opinions,

if we view it for this discussion as ANY ONE, male or female,

whose income and livelihood and the ability to eat and provide shelter and clothing for themselves,

by means of selling their bodies, and that is their sole source of revenue, then they are full time prostitutes,

girls who work in offices, secretaries, flight attendants, TV posters wives, nurses,

anyone who does it part time, is,

a part time prostitute, that also has a day job

Agree upon the fact that a foreigner, with children, in thailand should learn thai to an extend that he/she can converse at least basic thai. Out of respect to his partner and to acquire knowledge of thai society. The latter doesnt mean that if he /she doesnt speak thai no knowledge can be acquired.

I disagree about the partners point of view from you. IMO it shows respect to the partner to learn his/her native language when there are children involved. Whether they have a future in thailand or not. It gives as well a good example for the common children.

I agree on your last paragraph wholeheartedly. Its not something, unfortunately, one reads alot about on this forum.

I agree that it's possible to learn a lot about the culture even without speaking the language. Understanding the culture fully is a lot harder, though (and something 99% of us will never fully be able to, even though we regularly speak with locals), but you can gain some level of understanding either way (though the level of understanding, in my opinion, increases exponentially with your level of Thai). If you want to be fully integrated, though, it's imperative to learn to speak it and speak it fluently.

I see your point about respect, sort of, but I haven't really tried to teach them (nor do I have time) and I've made an effort from day 1 to speak their language. However, I'm sure there are lots of foreigners here who think their Thai partner should show them respect by learning their language, yet they don't show the Thai people the respect of learning Thai themselves.

Other than that, I'd prefer them to speak English (Norwegian isn't that important, most if not almost all Norwegians can speak English) when not speaking Thai, as it's a much more useful language to learn and one I can speak relatively well myself. Norwegian as well would of course be an advantage, though not necessarily that important.

As for the last paragraph; yes, I think many people have bad experiences and project it onto / blame it on the Thai girls. It's one of the main reasons for gaining a thorough understanding of the language and the culture; it'll be easier to see the hows and whys. How can you analyze what you don't really understand?

We can "learn" about their culture all we want, and we can learn their language too, if we want.

I am also learning it through their music and lyrics, which is an extra advantage.

But I feel the Thai's are better off learning english, than we are learning Thai, as learning english is more of a key to prosperity for them, and for us, it is merely to converse.

ie., more value for them to learn english and break the shackles of their culture.

Why should many want to break the shackles of their culture by learning english. The system, education i.e, is not in place for that. Thais are proud to be thais. In all my years there i have never heard from a thai that he/she dislikes Thailand and its culture. We consider that learning proper english is a benefit for some/most of them. Apparantly many thais dont think or act likewise.

While I have to return to LA from time to time, I know I do not miss it when I'm in Thailand like I miss Thailand when I am here.

Except for maybe the pizza and In n out burgers.

Don't forget the burritos. wub.png

Yeah. And like Thailand and Thai food, LA's best Mexican food is in the small shops and street trucks.

While I have to return to LA from time to time, I know I do not miss it when I'm in Thailand like I miss Thailand when I am here.

I can state for sure, I am done with LA,

SF is beautiful today, a range of 42 low tonight and 72 now in the sun, 62 in the shade.

gonna take the ferry to Sausalito and then cab it over to the Hall.

And yet, even while in a great city like SF, many of your thoughts are still with Thailand..

Why should many want to break the shackles of their culture by learning english. The system, education i.e, is not in place for that. Thais are proud to be thais. In all my years there i have never heard from a thai that he/she dislikes Thailand and its culture. We consider that learning proper english is a benefit for some/most of them. Apparantly many thais dont think or act likewise.

You are correct,

But it will indeed help them, especially if their income and business success, "MAY" require it

SF is beautiful today, a range of 42 low tonight and 72 now in the sun, 62 in the shade.

And yet, even while in a great city like SF, many of your thoughts are still with Thailand..

Yes, except for the reality that, the ferry was closed early due to "budget cuts"

so I had to take a car service to the club, they sent me a Tesla.

what was $58 in a taxi to return (in bkk that would have been $7.00)

There were no motorbikes trying to kill themselves on the road over the Golden Gate to Marin County

When I got there, I had this burger,

which I couldnt find a decent one to save my life in Thailand, unless I made it myself,

And, everyone spoke english, and although they aren't as slim as Thai girls, the club was full of pretty women.

I made new friends in my friends organization, and in the overall music business, which is my primary focus

and, was extemely happy to be back with my new attitude, adjusted by Thailand, which permitted me to be a kinder, more gentle person ex. below:

Had I been inclined, I probably could have gone home with the pretty blonde that complained she and her 20 friends couldnt see the full stage because I

standing front and center to take photo's,

the old me would have ignored her, because once you leave a stage position, it is hard to get back in a sold out crowd, but, after about ten minutes, I looked back, she was still there, and I stepped aside so the girls could dance in front.

That brought about so much good will, which I learned later when I returned 30 minutes later, and the girl went out of her way to tell me how "kind" it was of me, to step aside for them.

I will have to give the credit to my girlfriend, who taught me to consider others more.

I also realized that these were fans of the performers and I needed to allow them to enjoy themselves fully.

I am a better person for being in Thailand, and I have a "working" girl, to thank for that.

I call her my girlfriend, because that is what she is.

I am not fooled by self logic,

I will return, I just do not know when

post-192707-0-02389200-1395608363_thumb.

Edited by Scarpolo

Yes, except for the reality that, the ferry was closed early due to "budget cuts"

There were no motorbikes trying to kill themselves on the road over the Golden Gate to Marin County

which I couldnt find a decent one to save my life in Thailand, unless I made it myself,

And, everyone spoke english, and although they aren't as slim as Thai girls, the club was full of pretty women.

I made new friends in my friends organization, and in the overall music business, which is my primary focus

and, was extemely happy to be back with my new attitude, adjusted by Thailand, which permitted me to be a kinder, more gentle person ex. below:

Had I been inclined, I probably could have gone home with the pretty blonde that complained she and her 20 friends couldnt see the full stage because I

the old me would have ignored her, because once you leave a stage position, it is hard to get back in a sold out crowd, but, after about ten minutes, I looked back, she was still there, and I stepped aside so the girls could dance in front.

That brought about so much good will, which I learned later when I returned 30 minutes later, and the girl went out of her way to tell me how "kind" it was of me, to step aside for them.

I will have to give the credit to my girlfriend, who taught me to consider others more.

I also realized that these were fans of the performers and I needed to allow them to enjoy themselves fully.

I am a better person for being in Thailand, and I have a "working" girl, to thank for that.

The soapy masseuse u stayed with has become from a companion now to a girlfriend in a couple of days.

I expect a wedding announcement further in the week.......before wednesday.

As u have already somewhere opened a topic about sinsod.....goodluck !

• Like 1

The soapy masseuse u stayed with has become from a companion now to a girlfriend in a couple of days.

I expect a wedding announcement further in the week.......before wednesday.

As u have already somewhere opened a topic about sinsod.....goodluck !

There won't be a wedding, or a marriage.

if she were an orphan with no extended family, she would be much better off.

the ties to her family are in iteself, a non starter,

and she is in baby wanting age.

thats way too much pressure in anyone, and as Wym advised on another thread,

simply irresponsible/

it's hard enough now in America to do that.

to do it in Thailand is not; for me

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Here are the facts, gents.

Forget Pattaya...that is just a sex circus town ...and athough it started as a r and r for American Soldiers, You will just need to take of census of club owners and figure out what country dominates ownership...as it stands now....of these clubs...and the training of their staff.

The vietnam era gals are long gone...people. that was 40 years ago.

The high dollar, hooker venue as it exists now, is more likely to be owned by Australians and Europeans, and it is their lot that made it into the seedy business it turned out to be...

not some 18 year old freckle faced GI who just wanted some cute gal to keep him company before he went to the suck hole Vietnam jungle. Many of the gals back then probably got hitched.

Ladies are thrown away here if they walk out of their marriage...... they walk because the husband just can't stop racking up with his Mia Noi's.

Get current.... The british were tagging thai gals long before the USA arrived.

A small resort in Pattaya...with clean beaches and nice friendly gals...thats what America left you with...

And that got destroyed....and built into what it is.

it is what it is.

Just no. Main stream influx of the R&R Sex tourist was American. Pattaya was the rest stop of choice in the Vietnam war era. And are you implying it's of to be a 18 year whoremonger because you are going in to a jungle to fight a war in a country that had nothing to do with you?? British were there also but in no where near the numbers. It was the American GI's that made Pattaya the glowing hub of the lovely industry it is today. And I would seriously doubt any of the guys got hitched and there would be no proof to show this so grasping at straws to justify this is weak at best.

Complete and utter rubbish. Penang was the rest stop of choice, and those that came to Bangkok usually stayed there. In '75 there were one or two hotels, few bars, and few girls. Urban myth. Get your facts straight!

• Like 1

How could this topic go so far off the rails. I suppose because we are at page 9 now.

off topic rants being removed.

Soon be time to close this one.

I opened the thread with a wide topic range.

I prefer to judge what it on or off topic on a thread I created,

does TV, not permit that?

You don't own the threads you start.

I think a lot of people on TV don't realise that Thai girls have hearts, that girls have hearts, that other people have hearts, or that they have hearts themselves. Maybe they don't, and they extrapolate all the way back the way that I have come.

SC

• Like 1

Because most Thai girls only cry and bleed for money. And they are more "hungry" for money than girls in about every other country

How many ladies from how many other countries have you known intimately; to enable you to make an accurate statement of the nature of the above?

I have had the sweetest Thai girls turn into total inconsiderate bitches over night. This has normally been relationships based mostly on money. It is a me me me society for many Thais and money is the driving force. But having said that, I will also say that there are many nice girls who are sweet and honest and would make very good wives but they are not the ones we are normally interested in. It seems that we like the bad girls who dress sexy and who put out the first night. They know how to pull your strings and keep you coming back for more. They are however the same girls who keep in contact with many guys and lie and cheat to make a dollar. Be careful with the company you keep and the girls you date and I think you will have better luck but maybe not as interesting and exciting. But the best advise ever is " never fall in love just enjoy the moment".

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

I have had the sweetest Thai girls turn into total inconsiderate bitches over night. This has normally been relationships based mostly on money. It is a me me me society for many Thais and money is the driving force. But having said that, I will also say that there are many nice girls who are sweet and honest and would make very good wives but they are not the ones we are normally interested in. It seems that we like the bad girls who dress sexy and who put out the first night. They know how to pull your strings and keep you coming back for more. They are however the same girls who keep in contact with many guys and lie and cheat to make a dollar. Be careful with the company you keep and the girls you date and I think you will have better luck but maybe not as interesting and exciting. But the best advise ever is " never fall in love just enjoy the moment".

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Or as my buddy who brought me to thailand stated.,

"love them all, marry none"

• Like 1

Because most Thai girls only cry and bleed for money. And they are more "hungry" for money than girls in about every other country

How many ladies from how many other countries have you known intimately; to enable you to make an accurate statement of the nature of the above?

I have been in a lot of different countries (more than 40) But I am not only talking about girlfriends/wifes here. In no other country so many women have asked me questions related to money. After they have asked you what country and what name I have, the third question is often about my money or salary.

And every time a farang argue with his girlfriend it's about money here.

A Thaigirl can forgive you for not being faithful. But she will not forgive you for not giving her money. Or anything that makes her lose money...

Edited by larsjohnsson

I have been in a lot of different countries (more than 40) But I am not only talking about girlfriends/wifes here. In no other country so many women have asked me questions related to money. After they have asked you what country and what name I have, the third question is often about my money or salary.

A Thaigirl can forgive you for not being faithful. But she will not forgive you for not giving her money. Or anything that makes her lose money...

How many Thai women have cried for money from you? How many Thai women have bled for money from you? That is what you said quote, "Thai girls only cry and bleed for money. And they are more "hungry" for money than girls in about every other country."

and in many cases, they expect you to be unfaithful.

my g/f noticed I had condoms in my computer bag when I opened it to get something,

she looked at them and smiled, to which I said, they were from before I met you,

to which she said, no, condoms good, implying she didnt care where else I put it, provided it was wrapped.

needless to say, I kept them

How many Thai women have cried for money from you? How many Thai women have bled for money from you? That is what you said quote, "Thai girls only cry and bleed for money. And they are more "hungry" for money than girls in about every other country."
A lot of girls/women have cry/bleed for money from me. I have been coming/living here since 1985 Edited by larsjohnsson
  • Like 1

Ask those same Thai citizens what they think of Thailand, after they have lived abroad for ten years

My g/f's best friend from childhood, moved to LA after college, and never came back to thailand, and never will, says he...never

sends her pictures of LA, his house, the clubs, and all the places he goes,

and then to top it off, last week he bragged about how his skin is so much better than hers because it isn't hot and humid there, (he is gay so LA is percfect for him)

yes, he actually picked apart her face as they spoke on Tango

and still, she wouldnt leave thailand to travel with me to see him, or come with me to florida, because she is afraid, and has bills that would pile up on her, thus, she is now a debt slave, in addition to the other slavery's she has become accustomed too

some thais are completely unaware of the world, and that is exactly how most of them will stay, and that is sad

I am not a thai basher, I love them, but its obvious, they are prisoners here, of many things

Edited by Scarpolo

A lot of girls/women have cry/bleed for money from me. I have been coming/living here since 1985

A lot of girls/women have cry/bleed for money from me. I have been coming/living here since 1985

I saw plenty of it in my short 6 months,

the girl I eventually stayed with, never asked me for anything, never mentioned anything as I left, and in the contact I have with her via the internet since I left, hasn't asked for money so she doesnt have to go back to work, and, frankly, I do not anticipate that coming from her.

there is an entire new industry designed to help thai girls find money,

it is called, Tagged, Thai Love Links, Thai Friendly, etc.,

those websites are targeted to foreigners looking to hook up,

this is reality

and btw, why are there so many young females on the loose in Bangkok anyway?

the male female ration in BKK is highly advantageous to men,

I havent seen that since Fort Lauderdale in the 70's