How to make friends and meet a Thai lady for sincere relationship and marriage

Robert333

Haha genuine lady in Chiang Mai? you would be the first one to find..

alternative medicine? thats one hobby I share :)

Plenty of us have met wonderful Thai ladies and have been happily married for a very long time. Negative, cynical Idiots like you never will. I wonder why you stay.
which was ment as a sarcastical joke, old people maybe not get that :)
You are quite right, insulting people's wives would only be funny to the immature. If you consider your comment as being a joke then you need to study comedy and humour a bit more and reconsider any plans you may have for a career on the stage. Edited by Chiengmaijoe
  • Like 2

Open lots of bank accounts to get near the sitdown girls. Spend time in Central Festival mall and frequent the likes of the Wine Connection, Starbucks.

Have met some fine locals on business class flights.

Note: you must always be smartly attired... avoid thongs, shorts and sandals.

What?! Are you saying that women aren't turned on by grown men in shorts, tank-tops and flip-flops? Next you'll be stating that beer bellies aren't sexy!

Most of my Thai female friends are business owner or much richer than your average farang retired here. Problem is why farang prefer peasants or bar girls while there are much better to choose from!

You asked for advice: Hold on to your money. Don't let short-term loneliness saddle you with someone who's only interested in money.

BTW, it's all about money.

I understand the bridge club, which meets at The Pub has quite a few Thai people who play bridge. I know one older American gentleman who met a wonderful, mature (but still very beautiful), kind Thai lady thru that group.

I know another older American gentleman who meet a nice Thai lady thru his birdwatching hobby. Haven't meet her, since she's in Bankgok, but he looks forward to the birdwatching trips around Thailand where he gets to spend time with her and see Thailand, also.

Good god Nancy, he's only 57, he'll be wanting a 30 year old girl, like the rest of us.

To the OP, you can hire a female companion of any age you like for a very modest fee.

But be aware, it is at a price, and they don't make very good companions.

How about buying a dog, lots of love, companionship, exercise, and at a cost you can afford.

Edited by FiftyTwo

I understand the bridge club, which meets at The Pub has quite a few Thai people who play bridge. I know one older American gentleman who met a wonderful, mature (but still very beautiful), kind Thai lady thru that group.

I know another older American gentleman who meet a nice Thai lady thru his birdwatching hobby. Haven't meet her, since she's in Bankgok, but he looks forward to the birdwatching trips around Thailand where he gets to spend time with her and see Thailand, also.

Good god Nancy, he's only 57, he'll be wanting a 30 year old girl, like the rest of us.

To the OP, you can hire a female companion of any age you like for a very modest fee.

But be aware, it is at a price, and they don't make very good companions.

How about buying a dog, lots of love, companionship, exercise, and at a cost you can afford.

Hello FiftyTwo,

I haven't yet had a chance to read through all the very helpful contributions on this thread, which by the way I hope will be helpful to others in similar circumstances, but just thought I would mention that the small flat I am renting forbids pets. I am also given to understand that the conversational abilities of dogs are somewhat limited! Actually, I love animals and would have a pet if I could.

Regards,

Robert333

Edited by Robert333

If ,by the age of 57, a person has not learnt how to meet new people then there is not really much hope.

Hello Thepool,

Ouch ... Just a tiny bit harsh!

Actually, I am not long divorced, after a long marriage; so am a bit rusty.

Regards,

Robert333

If you ever did anything in the UK that worked, try it here. Meet and talk is bull shit, action man, it is about action. Why does it have to be a Thai lady, are you a racist?

Hello Dante99,

(I have only just worked out that the "Quote" button means "reply to this message".)

Considering what I am seeking to do, you may wish to consider how silly your question is (in asking if I may be racist); yet maybe your question was not meant seriously.

Apparently the term "race" scientifically relates to rather large sections of human beings, but in any event you appear confused about what "racism" means.

It does not mean discriminating on the basis of romance between for example blonds and brunettes, nor therefore on the same basis (romance) between the looks of one nation and another.

"Racism" means discriminating between people on the basis of race hatred.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert333

Edited by Robert333
  • Like 2

Open lots of bank accounts to get near the sitdown girls. Spend time in Central Festival mall and frequent the likes of the Wine Connection, Starbucks.

Have met some fine locals on business class flights.

Note: you must always be smartly attired... avoid thongs, shorts and sandals.

Next you'll be stating that beer bellies aren't sexy!

Mine better be as I put a lot of work into it and it cost me a fortune...

You asked for advice: Hold on to your money. Don't let short-term loneliness saddle you with someone who's only interested in money.

Really? Wow.... I must be an exception to the rule!

Yes, yours is different.

I take it you've been burnt once or twice?

Never, because a long term expat clued me in early on that it's all about money.

Most of my Thai female friends are business owner or much richer than your average farang retired here. Problem is why farang prefer peasants or bar girls while there are much better to choose from!

Well, my first was a successful business woman from Bangkok, and less than a ten year age difference. Believe me, it was all about money.

Well, my first was a successful business woman from Bangkok, and less than a ten year age difference. Believe me, it was all about money.

Sure, and about their (your) debt. I know hi-so's that have been given so much credit they must now find a farang mug.

• Like 2

The last post is now veering way off the topic and has been removed to nip that conversation trend in the bud.

Let's get back to the OPs "How to make friends and meet a Thai lady for sincere relationship and marriage"

Nobody can answer that with honesty.

The last post is now veering way off the topic and has been removed to nip that conversation trend in the bud.

Let's get back to the OPs "How to make friends and meet a Thai lady for sincere relationship and marriage"

Nobody can answer that with honesty.

Yep, been here over 5 years (Chiang Mai).

Didn't meet anyone that matched OPs requirements (or mine) so settled for a long term rental, with option for 2 children.

Friendships with foreigners, entirely possible, met some great guys, and some nice ladies to be friends with.

You've just gotta move your goals slightly to fit in with the local economy.

Love and friendship in one package, impossible IMHO.

But split up your choices and you can find happiness.

• Like 2

May I ask why you didn't look for a woman in your own country?

Or the Philippines where the ladies are far more sincere, faithful, honest and trustworthy. Plus most educated Filipinas speak and write fluent English so you can have conversations.

Being a Catholic country there isn't as much superstitious nonsense to put up from them also

Hello Mickeem,

As you know, under UK Family law the financial provisions are biased so heavily in favour of the wife that what is left in settlement for the ex-husband does not go very far.

It goes further in Thailand particularly if considering buying a home of your own.

Have you also noticed something, people are actually really nice here too.

Imagine the UK authorities doing the same as the Thai authorities, by:

Allowing me to have a translated version of the highway code to look at before taking the Motorcycle theory test, and then again, allowing me to take the test in my own language!

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert.

Edited by Robert333

Or the Philippines where the ladies are far more sincere, faithful, honest and trustworthy. Plus most educated Filipinas speak and write fluent English so you can have conversations.

Being a Catholic country there isn't as much superstitious nonsense to put up from them also

Hello Mickeem,

I have nothing against the Philippines, and my first real girlfriend was a Filipino.

However, correctly or wrongly, I anticipated problems because it is a catholic country:

If anything were to go wrong with a marriage, there is no divorce.

They do not believe in any contraception.

At my age it is likely that I would only be able to marry there if I could find a widow.

There being no divorce, means most women would be married (whether they want to remain so or not), which rather reduces the choice.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Robert333.

OP ... you will likely find salted around the many topics here on TVF a bias against Facebook - being a Facebook member -- using Facebook - it is routinely looked down upon here. But many detractors use it to keep up with family at the very least. In this regard I suggest that you can make a strong acquaintance with Thai women using Facebook Groups that are based in Thailand ... Friends of Thailand ... Friends4Thailand. and many similar titles. One of these has over 22,000 members from Thailand and all around the world ... (people who are coming to Thailand and / or coming back to Thailand, plus many who live here. My Point: On these FB Thailand Groups are many single Thai women of various ages ... all making innocent comments and posting nice photos of Thailand and themselves. It is easy to become acquainted with these ladies in a non pressured - non dating way and learn about Thailand too. Just send me a PM and I will send you the direct Facebook Links for two of them.

Edited by JDGRUEN

Most of Thaivisa members are married to Thai/Chinese ladies, so they'll either advise you to hang out with the Bangkok business crowd or they'll be honest and tell you to pick up a hill tribe girl in a massage parlour.

My advice, get involved with activities you enjoy that involve Thai men. Having Thai male friends makes you a much more attractive option to your regular Thai girl because the initial ice breaking is possible.

Agreed. Actually, I think I'm the only Thaivisa member who isn't married to a hi-so Thai/Chinese girl.

Most of Thaivisa members are married to Thai/Chinese ladies, so they'll either advise you to hang out with the Bangkok business crowd or they'll be honest and tell you to pick up a hill tribe girl in a massage parlour.

My advice, get involved with activities you enjoy that involve Thai men. Having Thai male friends makes you a much more attractive option to your regular Thai girl because the initial ice breaking is possible.

Agreed. Actually, I think I'm the only Thaivisa member who isn't married to a hi-so Thai/Chinese girl.

That's because you're not special forces, why not go and get yourself a SF tattoo?