Danish Motorcyclist killed in South Pattaya Road crash

webfact

i detest minivan drivers, reckless wanna be race drivers, hands up anyone had close calls with minivans

I always drive a lot when I am in Thailand and hate when I see these vans bearing down on you. If you don't move out of his way well we

all know the rest . RIP fellow traveler .

Not sure whose fault it was. Probably a combination of the two of them. I have seen many driving that type of sidecar motorbike

cross multiple lanes at far below a merging speed and often driving at night without tail lights or signalling. That said I have rarely seen

the mini vans driving at less then maximum speed weaving in and out of traffic. The only thing I know for sure is the driver of the

sidecar motorbike paid the ultimate price. RIP

God knows why he was in the right lane - long before the next U turn at Chaiyapreuk. ESPECIALLY on a rot pueang.

Saw it, traffic was backed up to Ambassador.

RIP, Ole.

I have never seen one of those vans in the right hand lane in that area of Sukumvit, they are always speeding in the left hand lane so that they can pick up additional passengers so I think the driver is telling a great big fib

We are talking about mini vans, they do not pick up additional passengers wandering along the road.

You are obviously talking about a song taew.

Another TV member who does not live here or have any idea.

I have never seen one of those vans in the right hand lane in that area of Sukumvit, they are always speeding in the left hand lane so that they can pick up additional passengers so I think the driver is telling a great big fib

We are talking about mini vans, they do not pick up additional passengers wandering along the road.

You are obviously talking about a song taew.

Another TV member who does not live here or have any idea.

You are wrong.

The minivan in the photo is a public service bus. These vans pick up passengers at bus stops and can be flagged down anywhere along the route.

Langsuan Man is correct that these buses are always looking for additional passengers.

I do live in Thailand, and I do have some idea.

I'm sorry about the Danish man.But I'm sure he had been warned.I'm not going to say anything about the minivan.The operator of

The van would have probably driven the same with any vehicle.

All you brave souls out there.Maybe you lucked out today,ya haven't been ran over yet.Mark my words sooner or later your going to get in A major accident.Don't believe me go visit the hospitals.Good luck.Ya only,live once.It's wild out there

I love living in Thailand......

But I don't want to die here "prematurely"

Especially by the hand of one of these idiot mini-bus (or for that matter full size bus) drivers.

One of the reasons I drive a Vigo .....is to give them second thoughts on trying to "bully" me....

A few days ago I spoke to a Thai girl who had just returned from a trip to England....

Her first comment was, she couldn't believe how people observe the rules of the road in England

Reason........In Britain (like many other countries) the Police take law enforcement seriously

Edited by Rimmer

I just don't understand why anyone who lives in Thailand would increase their risk of premature death by riding bikes or vehicles like the deceased.

No protection and you are a sitting duck for any of the numerous loonies on the road in Thailand.

I just don't understand why anyone who lives in Thailand would increase their risk of premature death by riding bikes or vehicles like the deceased.

No protection and you are a sitting duck for any of the numerous loonies on the road in Thailand.

Money? Please buy a nice 4x4 for me and i will stop riding my motorbike. 55555555 Actually i won't, i enjoy riding but only on country roads.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Key clue for those who might have still missed it: "....at a high rate rate of speed..."

As a matter of interest, what is the speed limit on Sukhumvit Road outside of the Pattaya Post Office?

No dig, just curious.