Redshirts beating a Buddhist monk in Nonthaburi [video]

webfact

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yingluck's peacefull supporters at it again Chalerm will say only they were acting .

Yingluck! Is she still around, haven't seen any reports of her presence or any work to get the farmers paid for at least a week or more.

redshirt scum....anyone going to defend that...sad.png

I must be color blaind.

Look like BLACK shirt to me.

Red Shirts were told to wear black to mourn the decision to annul the election. It is not about dress code, but gang membership!

Can I apply on-line?

He is not a monk, just a yellow shirt ruining the name of Buddhism, playing politics and wearing a yellow robe. An absolute disgrace.

He shouldnt be beaten though, he should be disrobed, named and shamed.

Wrong on all counts.

I hope the monk has filed charges against his assailants. It shouldn't be too difficult for the police to identify some of them from the video. The red shirts are using the copy book of the former military junta in Burma by attacking Buddhist monks who oppose them peacefully. If it was only one red shirt, he would have run away from the monk. They need a dog pack with hand guns sticking out of their waste belts to feel brave enough to attack a monk. What scum.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

He is not a monk, just a yellow shirt ruining the name of Buddhism, playing politics and wearing a yellow robe. An absolute disgrace.

Where's the evidence for that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Buddhist scriptures for a start. They explicityly forbit politics

You're going about it the wrong way. He was beat up by red shirts, ergo not a monk, etc.

There's a certain logic to it: Open your mouth - get beat up, blow a whistle - win a warning grenade.

Speaking of applying logic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lu5_5Od7WY

Edited by Morch

Sickening. I hope this video goes viral all over the world. and bring shame to the perpetrators. They need to realize that this kind of behavior is unacceptable and is not going to solve anything.

Whether u approve or not , violence solves everything, just look at history

Wrong on all counts.

Right on all counts - not a monk's business and 'impolite'? is THAT a monk's business too? stay out of politics and concentrate on 'betterment'

Being beaten up for being "impolite"! Is that what you subscribe to? That's as pathetic as Rich Teacher.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yingluck's peacefull supporters at it again Chalerm will say only they were acting .

Yingluck! Is she still around, haven't seen any reports of her presence or any work to get the farmers paid for at least a week or more.

Yes, she's still around.

I just saw a photo of her at the place she belongs ......... the rubbish dump in Samut Prakarn

• Like 1

Tha facts:

- if you are alone don't <deleted> with idiot mob (red or yellow all the same)

- the police officers worked well they managed to avoid bigger problem

- the monks are devalued in TH I can understand whether why

- Thais never feel emberassed if have to bit one person by 2000 idiots.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

redshirt scum....anyone going to defend that...sad.png

Actually, there are a number of low-life's that like to troll on here that will probably; soon as they set up a new account.

I was thinking the same thing. You know it's coming. No excuse ever for rat packing a Monk. They get all pumped up about beating an old peace loving man. There is a special place in Hell for all those scumbags. They just better hope if I am there I am not their pitboss.

I like to second that one ...how disgraceful ...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes,I was baby monk in Thailand.

But now I stay in a Buddhist Wat as grassroots doctor with traditional medicin.

I know the Vinaya (monks rule), Pali and theTeaching of the Buddha.

This monk did what he had to do!

Unfortunately this is what happens when a minority attempt to impose their will on the majority. Many of us has been saying that the end game would be a red shirt back lash since practically the start of the anti-democracy protests. Unless the Army acts and removes Sutheps mob, it is likely to get a lot worse. As for the incident itself, it is very sad to see a monk being attacked, but those of us who have lived here long enough, know that when violence starts, ethics completely go out the window. Crikey I have seen videos of half a dozen men and women kicking a young woman when she is on the floor. Luckily the monk seems ok. But really monks should not be involved in demonstrations, it is playing with fire.

• Like 1