Petition of Alaska joining Russia polls over 25,000 votes

webfact

Russa screwed the natives out of there country then sold it to the US who finished the job the Russians started. Why can't they be independent, Oh I know oil, gas, and fish.

Edited by a99az

I not for allowing Alaska to join Russia, but I am in favor of those 25,000 being allowed to go to Russia, since they seem to want to be part of Russia.

Guantanamo belongs to Cuba. It's leased to the US. Nothing to return, really.

And the checks have never been cashed, Castro still has them in the top draw of his desk, he showed me them.

Everybody can sign any petition on the website of White House, even people from outside of US.

I seen many Russian names in the list of people, who signed this petition.

I not think that there is crazy people in Alaska who want to join the Russia.

Opposite, there is some people in Siberia and Far East of Russia who want to join the US.

I have a better idea for good old Vlad.

Russian River California.

BEARS!

He'll fit right in!

LBBAR-3_opt.jpg

Putin won't fit right in with that. His head would be an arm rest for those guys. Okay, maybe he would fit in in a different way.

If you knew Putin like I know Putin ... oh, what a guy!

So I have heard!!!

• Like 1

In Thailand the word "treason" would be getting raised, just goes to show the differences in understanding "democracy." Thailand surely is a joke to the rest of the democratic world.

There is a difference between a joke, which is what the Alaska survey is (a bit like the 'death star' petition last year https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/isnt-petition-response-youre-looking), and a threat from a bunch of well armed, violently disposed people (in this case the reds, but who exist on both sides) to tear a country in two.

But I bet you feel good about having a Thailand bash, despite showing your ignorance in the process..?

Russa screwed the natives out of there country then sold it to the US who finished the job the Russians started. Why can't they be independent, Oh I know oil, gas, and fish.

And two species of really huge Bears!

• Like 1

In Thailand the word "treason" would be getting raised, just goes to show the differences in understanding "democracy." Thailand surely is a joke to the rest of the democratic world.

There is a difference between a joke, which is what the Alaska survey is (a bit like the 'death star' petition last year https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/isnt-petition-response-youre-looking), and a threat from a bunch of well armed, violently disposed people (in this case the reds, but who exist on both sides) to tear a country in two.

But I bet you feel good about having a Thailand bash, despite showing your ignorance in the process..?

I think he just posted in the wrong topic. Things can get confusing. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Hey...Let's recreate the Austrian Hungarian Empire...or the British empire... Let's get a petition to recreate the USSR or the Myan Empire... Absurd beyond belief! Should we get a petition for the Assyrians as well? Perhaps the Italians will want to recreate the Roman Empire, but then they'd be upstaged by those who want Alexander's empire.

I can't believe the stupidity...

Don't forget about the Mongol Empire, ruling the largest contiguous empire in history.

I'm afraid this is going to be harder than in Crimea in so many ways.

Geographically - Crimea is virtually an island connected to land by a very thin umbilical cord.

Economically - Alaska people will not be satisfied with the Russian standards of living granted from Moscow.

Legally - Alaska wasn't gifted away by a mad Politburo but sold by a legitimate Government in due time.

Politically - it would be hard to win minds and hearts of free people of Alaska when half of population of Far East is dreaming of cessation.

Ethnically - there are no Russians in Alaska. I wonder where did the 25,000 petitioners come from? Not even Alaskan indigenous Indians would sign it for free Russian vodka - the only currency in Siberia.

Pigs fly. UFOs drop out of the skies. Russians are coming. Boeing's keep disappearing mysteriously. Merkel and Obama are world peace champs. Putin is Hitler one day and Stalin the next. Any more fish? coffee1.gif

"Ethnically - there are no Russians in Alaska."

Did all the existing Russian-settlers return home, after Alaska was sold to the USA, or did some actually stay on ?

I vaguely recall Michener's book 'Alaska' suggesting the latter, but may be wrong ?

Oh, and the British Empire isn't dead, it's just 'resting' (pace Monty Python !) rolleyes.gif