New to Thailand - suffering from constipation (no poop)

dvir0776

Prune juice, available in all the supermarkets. My wife swears by it and by the amount of times shes on the loo i believe her.
Prune juice in Thailand is crap...no pun intended. Get a juicer from Malaysia or Singapore & clean everything as esp., from local markets, bugs are everywhere here. Go to Makro for beets.

Mix banana, pineapple, 1 beet, 1 Garlic clove into 2-3 12 ounce drinks. Don't smoke tobacco or any nervous system "crazy" drug like crack or any speed. Exercise 'treadmill' 30 min a day.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The prune juice my wife drinks isn't from Thailand. Its imported from the US.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1396169002.827701.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That's not real prune juice, just a corporation in a bottle.

Dont talk so much . What the is a corporation in a bottle? It says its 100% pure prune juice and not from concentrate. I very much doubt something imported from America is not what it says on the bottle.

Fresh is real, imported in a bottle no matter from what stated country is a lie. Corporation means it's branded as a much bigger lie.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually in respect to all words have multiple meanings, the corporate branded (fake) Prune juice (anything cannot survive 3-6 months packaged & still be fresh) is also corporated. It's a mixture of preservatives ( & chemicals which the manufacturers don't have to list) along with water & thus processed prunes.

Prune juice, available in all the supermarkets. My wife swears by it and by the amount of times shes on the loo i believe her.

Prune juice in Thailand is crap...no pun intended. Get a juicer from Malaysia or Singapore & clean everything as esp., from local markets, bugs are everywhere here. Go to Makro for beets.

Mix banana, pineapple, 1 beet, 1 Garlic clove into 2-3 12 ounce drinks. Don't smoke tobacco or any nervous system "crazy" drug like crack or any speed. Exercise 'treadmill' 30 min a day.

Is a juicer bought in Thailand not good enough ?

Most definitely. I bought a nice one (not made in China) in the US 10 years ago (about $110), still works like new. Will be liberating it from storage when I go back. The same quality in Thailand would be 10000-12000 baht easy, but of a Chinese make, so, only good for maybe 6-8 mos.

wow did not realise. I'll throw out mine that I have had for 5 years and import one a new one.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just eat the street food.....make sure you are close to a facility.

And watch the action !

Misguided post; I never got sick on street food in 7+ years in the Kingdom.

Actually his post is VERY true, not everyone has an ironclad stomach like you. The street food is festering with bad bacteria but made for the Thai digestive system. I get bacterial infections every time I eat at a tourist infested Thai or foreign owned restaurant. Nothing's clean & the food sits out in the open all day long. Buffet food worse - it will sit out overnight for the next days eatings.

Try Googling it, its easier, and more acurate....

Yeah, sure thing, get millions of conflicting opinions, many from commercial spam sources, rather than dozens here ...

For people who are settled here, I suggest buying some FLAXSEEDS.

Please could you tell me where you can buy flaxseeds ?

The prune juice my wife drinks isn't from Thailand. Its imported from the US.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1396169002.827701.jpg

That's not real prune juice, just a corporation in a bottle.

Dont talk so much . What the is a corporation in a bottle? It says its 100% pure prune juice and not from concentrate. I very much doubt something imported from America is not what it says on the bottle.

Fresh is real, imported in a bottle no matter from what stated country is a lie. Corporation means it's branded as a much bigger lie.

Say what you like about it. Its prune juice and my wife uses it to prevent constipation. Isn't that what the OP was wanting to know in the first place?

I rest my case.

post-82234-13962576015756_thumb.jpg

Whatever was just stating a fact, meant no disrespect. And the opinion that all natural is more healthy but since there're no plums in side of the world, you'd have to use beets instead. But if you like it & it works for you, by all means, buy it.

Try Googling it, its easier, and more acurate....

Yeah, sure thing, get millions of conflicting opinions, many from commercial spam sources, rather than dozens here ...

For people who are settled here, I suggest buying some FLAXSEEDS.

Please could you tell me where you can buy flaxseeds ?

I buy them at either Villa Market or Central foodhall. I have found I prefer the GOLDEN colored variety over the darker. They seem easier to crush (I use a mortar and pestle) and the flavor more interesting. I eat at breakfast mixed with cereal/yogurt.

Edited by Jingthing

This thread is becoming overlong !

If one is normally fit healthy and with regular bowel habit then constipation is easily dealt with.

Go to a Pharmacy and ask for Dulcolax ((bisacodyl)

After the small pills have done the job eat a diet rich in vegetables/fruit !

Stay away from Medication, you can easily make yourself nauseous with such & still not fix the problem. If you do the vegetables (fruit being a problem in itself), make sure to clean them thoroughly, then steam them at a very high temperature for a short time to kill the bacteria. I've gotten broccoli from the markets, and found bugs attached to them. Also bought perfectly beautiful tomatoes here, cut them open & worms would come inching out.

Buy an orange papaya (the one that you eat as a desert together with other fruit) and eat as much as you can.

You could also try som tam, but it's usually so spicy, you can only eat a bit of papaya.

Edited by kriswillems